Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

muckswirler posted:

loving fantastic trig. great song.

Jonny 290 posted:

thats all so good thank for sharing with us trig

thanks y'all!

largely based on that video i just got asked to do some new soundtrack work so wooooooo it's already paying off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

that owns great job

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine

Luigi Thirty posted:

that owns great job

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Trig Discipline posted:

just finished my newest idiot spare time project this morning; learning a bit about stop motion and making a silly video for one of my songs in the process

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDhTbRTZuWg

it's a lot of fun, and kinda amazing at how much time you can burn up this way. i sat down at about 4 PM to mess around a bit yesterday and the next time i noticed the clock it was 11

im a weirdo left-brain idiot who often doesnt really "get" art but i really like this :unsmith:

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
cool song and cool animation!

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
thanks y'all! :unsmith:

i'm thinking eventually i may actually try to animate all of son of strelka, finally. it will likely take months, but making the album in the first place took four years so that seems appropriate

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Trig Discipline posted:

just finished my newest idiot spare time project this morning; learning a bit about stop motion and making a silly video for one of my songs in the process

it's a lot of fun, and kinda amazing at how much time you can burn up this way. i sat down at about 4 PM to mess around a bit yesterday and the next time i noticed the clock it was 11

sorry to break it to you but this rules

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
nooooooo

oh wait i mean yesssssss

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

that owns great job

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Trig Discipline posted:

cool

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

hello i dont know what im doing

this is the schematic i stole found somewhere

this is what i've done

explanations: its supposed to be a composite mod for AY-3-8500 based pong consoles. the AY-3-8500 chip has 4 video outputs (i think ball, paddles, playfield, and score) that all get muxed together in the console before the RF out, that's why i've put 4 video pads.

since it's analog video signals i tried to keep them away from the power traces. idk if that's necessary? but it seemed sensible.

anybody wanna give me some advice on this? i have no idea if this is ok or poo poo idk design stuff

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

seems weird that youd just be able to cram all the video signals together like that

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

NEED MORE MILK posted:

seems weird that youd just be able to cram all the video signals together like that

since it's black and white only, and all synchronized, it's 2ez

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

idk

that's what the consoles actually do though. all the outputs come together and go to the rf output anyway.

pins 6, 9, 10 and 24 are all parts of the video output, get combined somewhere in the console -

heres a picture i found online

as far as i know the chip outputs literally just all get connected together, no other components on those lines. some consoles may vary, though.

other pong chips, later chip versions, and some other consoles might do it differently, idk.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I’m up to adding the blitter to the Jaguar emulator, which is kind of a nightmare!

I think I’m going to write a little version of Klax for the Jag so I can stress test my emulator under real world conditions rather than contrived conditions. That way I’ll have all the source code and symbols when something breaks, and I’ll be able to compare it to Virtual Jaguar and real hardware.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
https://twitter.com/KateLibc/status/1019334941534896128

i put this together finally. they're both 32 gb each. nothing is on them atm

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

I’m up to adding the blitter to the Jaguar emulator, which is kind of a nightmare!

I think I’m going to write a little version of Klax for the Jag so I can stress test my emulator under real world conditions rather than contrived conditions. That way I’ll have all the source code and symbols when something breaks, and I’ll be able to compare it to Virtual Jaguar and real hardware.

carmack released the jaguar doom source code, if that helps

http://www.atariage.com/Jaguar/archives/DoomSource/

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

doom’s rendering engine runs entirely on the GPU which I haven’t even started writing yet, plus I would also have to figure out Carmack code from scratch lol

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Lain Iwakura posted:

put a single file on each one, "1" and "3", and when asked, the missing one is for your third ear, the final front ear

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Cocoa Crispies posted:

put a single file on each one, "1" and "3", and when asked, the missing one is for your third ear, the final front ear

if i was a mod I would ban you for this post

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Cocoa Crispies posted:

:kiss:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Lain Iwakura posted:

It looks like each of them has a hook on it though?

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

take all your favorite mp3s, split the stereo channels out to 1 file per channel, and then store them on the corresponding ear

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

peepsalot posted:

take all your favorite mp3s, split the stereo channels out to 1 file per channel, and then store them on the corresponding ear

take two raspi zeroes, give them ear hooks and 1 earbud each, use bluetooth to control and sync

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Schadenboner posted:

It looks like each of them has a hook on it though?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

there’s something wrong with the transputer board and I can’t figure out what. nothing looks damaged, there’s no gouges or scorch marks. it can’t talk to the onboard controller. aaaaaag

I’m emailing back and forth with transputer experts hoping to solve this :(

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
can you at least hook up something that screams DOES NOT TRANSPUTE at you when it's not working?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Trig Discipline posted:

can you at least hook up something that screams DOES NOT TRANSPUTE at you when it's not working?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
perfect

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Wheany posted:

there is some discolored pixels that shouldn't be there (like around the back right tire), but i guess errors like that are not as obvious when using only 16 colors

follow up to this, uh 17 month old post:

i made a gooey program that shows how the pixels are mapped in luv colorspace to figure out what is going wrong:
white cross is the source pixel, black cross is the mapped pixel.

https://i.imgur.com/uQGOn6k.gifv

seems to me like the mapped color is from the correct tetrahedron, but wrong vertex, when mapping colors from outside the colormap

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Wheany posted:

seems to me like the mapped color is from the correct tetrahedron

i changed the program so it only shows the selected tetrahedron and it's not the correct tetrahedron. :negative::toot:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

working on my dos game baby

https://twitter.com/LuigiThirty/status/1027103445080268800

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ive wanted to do this for like a year and i finally said gently caress it and ordered the parts

this sits in a cracked window

8x SO-239 bulkheads, four F bulkheads, a pair of custom made open wire feedline passthroughs, and a couple of in-use boxes back to back with big holes drilled between the two, for random stuff like rotator cable and cat5. that's 4" x 1/8" steel plate

painted with God's Own Spraypaint (rusto black) and it's drying now

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

more fun with the pentium 90 133: porting my m68k operating system to i386

https://twitter.com/LuigiThirty/status/1029561571704549376

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

i got a PL2303TA usb-uart chip with a supposed max rate of 6 megs. actual max i was able to get: 480k. $1.20 folks

tried an FT232R with a max of 3 megs. works perfectly at the absolute max. $4.50 well spent

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

lol windows waits 16ms after receiving data on the COM port to tell you about it

not so good when you have a device that responds in 0.003ms.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

code:
Running benchmark...

[################################################################]

Transfer:         2048 KB in 7.356 seconds.
Transfer rate:    278.41 KB/s.
Theoretical rate: 292.97 KB/s.
Efficiency:       95.03%
OAT errors:       0
it was 45% :mrgw:

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
individual OAT errors for when you have an error with just one OAT

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

Spatial posted:

lol windows waits 16ms after receiving data on the COM port to tell you about it

not so good when you have a device that responds in 0.003ms.

why are you using windows for serial stuff, wth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

Corla Plankun posted:

individual OAT errors for when you have an error with just one OAT

bröther, may you indicate the ërrörs