Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Ms won't hit 60 wins by the break now.

Season's over, everyone go home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Expectations...Tempered.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Please stop tempering me now.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Mariners... binch :(

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
If we lose a WC slot to the god dang athletics I will lose my goddamn poo poo.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

HEY NONG MAN posted:

If we lose a WC slot to the god dang athletics I will lose my goddamn poo poo.

:emptyquote:

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
My current silver lining is that the M's won't be paying Felix past the age of 33. At least he was still young the last time they extended him.

Honest question - will the $27M the M's pay Felix in 2019 be the worst spent money in baseball? Suppose it depends on how Pujols or Miggy do.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Tony Phillips posted:

My current silver lining is that the M's won't be paying Felix past the age of 33. At least he was still young the last time they extended him.

Honest question - will the $27M the M's pay Felix in 2019 be the worst spent money in baseball? Suppose it depends on how Pujols or Miggy do.

Chris Davis is making 21M, so...

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

Chris Davis is making 21M, so...

Knew there was someone I was forgetting. Davis may just run away with it.
Man. B-R says it's $23M in 2019 for Davis. Not to mention, 2020, 2021, 2022...

And that pales in comparison to Cabrera's contract. Like I said - I found the silver lining with Felix. At least he'll be off the books soon.

Pretty much. 2014 seems so long ago.
Sheesh. Looking at his stats, I distinctly remember thinking that 2015 really felt like an off year for Felix at the time. What I wouldn't give for him to have stayed at that level now. It's just been a horrible injury filled cliff since then.

Tony Phillips fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jul 29, 2018

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

:smith:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Fuckin hell yeah they put up SEVEN in one inning.

Let’s GOOOOOOOOOOO

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

ALSO: the Astros and Oakland both lost today. Ride the fuckin wave boys.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

ALSO ALSO: Altuve's on the DL, so there's no better time to play the Astros and beat up on them.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Maybe Judge being out slumps the Yankees too. Perhaps the mariners can Homer Simpson their way into the post season.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Paxton did just fine today, going 7 innings without giving up a run.

Álex Colomé has really settled down and hasn’t given up a run in July.

Boom! And Edwin Diaz with his 40th save! Go Ms!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Paxton did just fine today, going 7 innings without giving up a run.

Álex Colomé has really settled down and hasn’t given up a run in July.

Boom! And Edwin Diaz with his 40th save! Go Ms!

Can't overstate Cruz coming through against Cole to scratch out the runs we needed.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Paxton's mustache is bad though. Unless it gives him extra pitching powers.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
Today was my birthday and was the first time since 97 I have been to an M's game, that was a great game to be in Safeco. Once Cruz hit that double to score us 2 runs the whole stadium became so energized it made the night really special.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

logger posted:

Today was my birthday and was the first time since 97 I have been to an M's game, that was a great game to be in Safeco. Once Cruz hit that double to score us 2 runs the whole stadium became so energized it made the night really special.

Happy birthday! So tonight was your first game at Safeco ever?

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Some Numbers posted:

Happy birthday! So tonight was your first game at Safeco ever?

Yeah it was, what a great stadium. I was 10 last time I went to a Mariners game and the Kingdome was still standing.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

MAYBIN

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

logger posted:

Yeah it was, what a great stadium. I was 10 last time I went to a Mariners game and the Kingdome was still standing.

I went somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 years without going to an M's game at one point. Stupidly/Oddly enough it coincided with Griffey's career. Between no longer collecting baseball cards after 1988, being a broke college student in the early 90s, and being an even more broke graduate student in the mid to late 90's - I managed to not go to a single game from the entire 1989 season up until finally being done with school and catching one last game at the Kingdome in early 1999. Think I caught 1-2 games at Safeco that year as well, and that was it for me seeing Griffey until his return 10 years later.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

I hope hard playin' Cameron Maybin is the boost this team needs.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

loving Astros are pretty good...

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Mariners are starting Felix and the Blue Jays have Tyler Clippard. Both teams looking for their starters to get two innings with 5 runs or less given up.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

So this is how it’s gonna be. God dammit.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

HEY NONG MAN posted:

silver-lining: it'll make it easier to tell the org to gently caress off with their demands for cash to sign the lease.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

They can gently caress right off with that poo poo. Turn Safeco into public housing before taxing me for your failures.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

HEY NONG MAN posted:

:smith:

There's....there's still a lot of baseball?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I KNOW BUT IM MAD ABOUT CANADIANS IN MY CITY ALL WEEKEND OK

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

HEY NONG MAN posted:

I KNOW BUT IM MAD ABOUT CANADIANS IN MY CITY ALL WEEKEND OK

Hey, I feel you man. I want to win more baseball games.

And I want our offense and bullpen to stop sucking.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Well the Mariners are bad and Seahawks are going to be bad and there is no basketball in Seattle. Feels like 2008!

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Keith Atherton posted:

Well the Mariners are bad and Seahawks are going to be bad and there is no basketball in Seattle. Feels like 2008!

Blue Wave: Confirmed

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Keith Atherton posted:

2008 also had the Huskies football team go 0-12 and even saw Tuba Man get murdered. What a poo poo show.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Tony Phillips posted:

2008 also had the Huskies football team go 0-12 and even saw Tuba Man get murdered. What a poo poo show.

Whoa not only are you a fellow 1986 Topps baseball card name change recipient you registered your account one day after I did

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Keith Atherton posted:

Whoa not only are you a fellow 1986 Topps baseball card name change recipient you registered your account one day after I did

Lowtax quit that thread but I got Bo Jackson and kept him until Ichiro came back, then I bought this one again...

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
I specifically asked for Spike Owen. drat it, Lowtax.

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

Shiroc posted:

Expectations...Tempered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
The Mariners I know and love are back again

• Locked thread