Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Shirec posted:

America's Sweethearts is a very good episode. Multiple times I had to pause to laugh, and Steve's early "What color are Chris' pants?" line of questioning was super good
Ken Burns' Federline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Ken Burns' Federline

Actually yes, that was probably the best part. Also some good singing bits.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Just crammed Jason X for tonight's show. They're gonna have a ton of material to work with, that's for sure.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

I wish I could be at the Tank Girl episode. I hate that movie but I've seen it at least 4 times because an old roomate and long time friend loved it and watched it a lot. He framed and hung a large poster for the movie in our living room specifically to taunt me. I have to admit it was a pretty good move on his part, I couldn't even be mad about it.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Flying Zamboni posted:

I wish I could be at the Tank Girl episode. I hate that movie but I've seen it at least 4 times because an old roomate and long time friend loved it and watched it a lot. He framed and hung a large poster for the movie in our living room specifically to taunt me. I have to admit it was a pretty good move on his part, I couldn't even be mad about it.

Same, I saw that when I was like 12 because we had stolen cable and you gotta watch something. Hated every second of it. Wish I wasn't too lazy to drive all the way out there.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
You know those movies you watched on a loop as a child because your house just had it?

Tank Girl was that for me. I wish I could be at that show so, so bad.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I dunno, I'd say the best line of America's Sweethearts was easily "some people want a little raspberry swirl in the vanilla"

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I traveled to Chicago from Cleveland for Jason X last night. It was totally worth it. I honestly have not laughed that hard in many years.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
I was at both shows, the Chicago one was A+++

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

END ME SCOOB posted:

I dunno, I'd say the best line of America's Sweethearts was easily "some people want a little raspberry swirl in the vanilla"

Andrew's shout of disgust slayed me.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Catching up on some older episodes and hearing Eric recite Limp Bizkit lyrics in Bones' voice in the Star Trek V episode made me laugh so hard I almost threw up while driving last night

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

It's so weird that people rank their chunky movie podcast friends. I think they're all hilarious and it's not like this is musical chairs where the 'weak link' doesn't make the cut. Why are there podcaster tier lists? This isn't smash bros.

Now, ranking episodes is another thing altogether.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Catching up on some older episodes and hearing Eric recite Limp Bizkit lyrics in Bones' voice in the Star Trek V episode made me laugh so hard I almost threw up while driving last night

Yeah, same, it's a cliche, but I actually thought about pulling over because I was laughing so hard at that.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

So when I read the Wikipedia synopsis of Eraser and saw mention of a railgun, I was reminded of an action film where a man is helping a woman get out of her house while a gunman in the distance is firing at them with bullets that go through walls. Eraser was that film. I also remembered the opening where a man in an office blows his brains out and falls out the window. There's also that scene where the guy fakes a seizure. After long last I know which movie that is (I should have at least remembered Arnold stars in it).

The episode was great. Definitely I well earned We Love Movies.

Violator
May 15, 2003

DoubleCakes posted:

So when I read the Wikipedia synopsis of Eraser and saw mention of a railgun, I was reminded of an action film where a man is helping a woman get out of her house while a gunman in the distance is firing at them with bullets that go through walls. Eraser was that film. I also remembered the opening where a man in an office blows his brains out and falls out the window. There's also that scene where the guy fakes a seizure. After long last I know which movie that is (I should have at least remembered Arnold stars in it).

The episode was great. Definitely I well earned We Love Movies.

I guess I watched this a lot more on HBO than I realized, because as they described the movie I could picture it more vividly than just about any other episode. Everything came flooding back. I must have watched it thousands of times. :haw:

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It’s kinda sad that I’m the laughing stock of the neighborhood Jim

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Eraser owns, it's Arnold in a movie that's not afraid to throw some ideas out. I was surprised to see it come up on WHM cos I thought it was a popular movie! Really enjoyed the episode tho, always nice to hear a We Love Movies.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The Arnold Vs Jesse skits are good, as is their delight at the cgi alligators and the railgun.

Violator
May 15, 2003

The Deleter posted:

The Arnold Vs Jesse skits are good, as is their delight at the cgi alligators and the railgun.

And Arnold as Freddy Krueger's brother is nice. "Yes, it's a ghost phone."

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I just looked and they've never done The Village, that is definitely gonna be my next request month nomination

Because holy poo poo that is a very, very silly movie

You've got Adrian Brody fartin' around and a whole bunch of horse poo poo

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
The Eraser episode is a godamn classic, and a proof you can mine great comedy even out of good movies .

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Can confirm they do say the rail gun fires aluminum ammo at almost the speed of light

Edit; when the undersecretary snaps the disc you can totally tell the actor was not expecting to get hit in the face, right near the eye with a stray fragment of said disc

Calaveron fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jul 23, 2018

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Yeah the funny thing about Eraser is that the gun seems to suck. Like a regular gun seems to work better.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

This Rookie of the Year episode is incredible

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
After this episode I feel like rubbing up against a refrigerator.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also

Andorra posted:

After this episode I feel like rubbing up against a refrigerator.

Are you tall enough to gently caress the ice dispenser?

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
GOODNESS GRACIOUS GREAT BALLS OF FIRE

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh my God I saw this movie SO MANY TIMES and I had completely forgotten about "Pitcher's got a big butt~!" until Andrew said it.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Eric's right, the movie would be better if the kid's arm went full Akira. I'd watch that.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

I missed where Cabin originally talked about his fridge “adventures.” Was it in this podcast and I just
missed it or an earlier one? I swear I was paying attention and then all of a sudden, bam, non stop fridge vibration jokes.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

“What a filthy little piss pig you were, Chris Cabin.”

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I remember "funky butt loving"

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Shirec posted:

I missed where Cabin originally talked about his fridge “adventures.” Was it in this podcast and I just
missed it or an earlier one? I swear I was paying attention and then all of a sudden, bam, non stop fridge vibration jokes.

You're not alone. I felt like I was having a stroke.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Shirec posted:

It’s pretty early on in the episode when they’re talking about how “your mom is cool” means she’s hot. Next thing you know Cabin’s talking about rubbing his dick on the fridge

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Anyone going to the Baltimore show? I need to watch Cobra, it sounds nuts

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

ohrwurm posted:

Anyone going to the Baltimore show? I need to watch Cobra, it sounds nuts

Cobra is amazing. You know how other movies or tv shows sometimes have an absurdly stupid action movie playing on a television as a gag? Cobra is that movie, but for real.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Soup du Jour posted:

It’s pretty early on in the episode when they’re talking about how “your mom is cool” means she’s hot. Next thing you know Cabin’s talking about rubbing his dick on the fridge

Yeah but like...why? Was Cabin high again?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yeah but like...why? Was Cabin high again?

he was 13 and horny probably

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

I never saw Rookie of the Year but i DEFINITELY remember all of the zingers from the movie being repeated by kids in my middle school

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bobservo posted:

I never saw Rookie of the Year but i DEFINITELY remember all of the zingers from the movie being repeated by kids in my middle school

My older brother and I said "Funky butt lovin'!" ALL the time. I still stand by the fact that that's a pretty funny exclamation, to be honest.