Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Would you call it more synthwavey or more poppy aimed for like...NPR?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

!Klams posted:

Possibly impossible, possibly easy? Got a tune stuck in my head that I THINK is from Glow season 2, but might be from a random Spotify playlist?

It's an instrumental synth tune, quite stacatto, with like bent notes, very smug 80s sounding? What I remember was just a synth line with possibly some bass (maybe synth bass?) And if there were drums just like one or two hits, but I don't think there were.

if you were listening to spotify check your recently played

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

What's the track that plays at the end of this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P15oxojLjrs

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

Pollyanna posted:

What's the track that plays at the end of this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P15oxojLjrs

Shazam says the outro of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnK8sFOZGco

Jazz Marimba
Jan 4, 2012

Jazz Marimba posted:

A drum and bass artist. I'm remembering a specific song, but not a lot of details. A friend turned me onto them when we were playing cp_orange a lot in Team Fortress 2, so about nine years ago.

He said Netsky, but it's not them. I listened to Eyes Closed and the production is different; the hihats are tighter, and the snare is harsher and higher in the mix. There is a woman singing, but the word/lyrics is/are on the tip of my tongue :I

The song I'm thinking of is a little faster than Eyes Closed, and I think the album cover (or image in the youtube video?) may have been reminiscent of cracked glass.

update: I think it might be titled Break the Silence, or maybe it has "silence" in the title? I can't find it though since there are so many songs with variations on that :(

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute
Looking for a piano piece, I would call it modern, but I seem to remember it being quite a bit earlier than what most people would think (1900ish).

It screams New York in the 80s or 70s to me. It used to be heard quite frequently as a mood piece on tv.

It's not a Philip Glass piece, it's more straight forward than his stuff.

Yeah, it's really hard describing this...

Trump fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jul 14, 2018

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Trump posted:

Looking for a piano piece, I would call it modern, but I seem to remember it being quite a bit earlier than what most people would think (1900ish).

It screams New York in the 80s or 70s to me. It used to be heard quite frequently as a mood piece on tv.

It's not a Philip Glass piece, it's more straight forward than his stuff.

Yeah, it's really hard describing this...

What kind of mood?

My guesses would be Rhapsody in Blue by Gershwin or Powerhouse by Raymond Scott.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

Abugadu posted:

What kind of mood?

My guesses would be Rhapsody in Blue by Gershwin or Powerhouse by Raymond Scott.

It's not any of those. Far from it actually :)

Maybe I should clarify and say New York in the 1970s or 1980s. The mood would be sombre, maybe slighty cold and distant. I don't know if it makes any sense, but the timbre is close to Philip Glass, but more melodic.

I think someone once posted it in a thread about music that was created ahead of its time, is in it sounds like a piece from the last 30 years, but was actually made at the turn of the century, but i'm not entirely sure im remembering right.

I remember it as being a pure piano piece.

Trump fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jul 15, 2018

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Maybe a Charles Ives piece, then, I’ll dig a bit to see if there’s something that sounds like that.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Trump posted:

It's not any of those. Far from it actually :)

Maybe I should clarify and say New York in the 1970s or 1980s. The mood would be sombre, maybe slighty cold and distant. I don't know if it makes any sense, but the timbre is close to Philip Glass, but more melodic.

I think someone once posted it in a thread about music that was created ahead of its time, is in it sounds like a piece from the last 30 years, but was actually made at the turn of the century, but i'm not entirely sure im remembering right.

I remember it as being a pure piano piece.

Is it Gymnopédie No.1 by Eric Satie?

If it’s not that, or maybe Gymnopédie No.3, I’d guess maybe something by Debussy.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

gently caress me sideways, that's it.

I felt like a raving madman trying to put it into words... Thanks!!!

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Trump posted:

gently caress me sideways, that's it.

I felt like a raving madman trying to put it into words... Thanks!!!

You’re most welcome!

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
Semi-longshot...

I have a set of mixes called "Perry's House Mix" that were posted on the torrent forums which were frequented by goons some time ago. I think a goon made those mixes.

Is there a repository for those nowadays?

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I know that some of the instrumental sounds for Kesha's "Tik Tok" hit were based off of video game sounds. I remember a long time ago I watched a youtube video of some video game song that sounded very similar to "Tik Tok". Does anyone know what that song could have been?

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
I'm looking for a music video specifically.

The track was some instrumental music, I think. Prog-rocky maybe? The video was lots of colorful dots and lines, very abstract. I think it would make a good test screen at work, but I never saved the link.

Suspekt Device
Jan 9, 2017
I was in a sushi bar and heard a song with lyrics mostly in an Asian language, with a female vocalist. The only English that I could make out was "I would do anything for you" and this was repeated at several points through the song. Very pop sounding (not like dance music though) and it had a single guitar in it.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

Suspekt Device posted:

I was in a sushi bar and heard a song with lyrics mostly in an Asian language, with a female vocalist. The only English that I could make out was "I would do anything for you" and this was repeated at several points through the song. Very pop sounding (not like dance music though) and it had a single guitar in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEUoQn_Jhp4

Jazz Marimba
Jan 4, 2012

Paul Hardcastle's Peace On Earth, but with a rapper. Rapping was about growing up poor and black. I thought it had the same title, but I skimmed through some of his albums on Spotify and didn't see it...anyone know if it had a different title?

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Jazz Marimba posted:

Paul Hardcastle's Peace On Earth, but with a rapper. Rapping was about growing up poor and black. I thought it had the same title, but I skimmed through some of his albums on Spotify and didn't see it...anyone know if it had a different title?

Paul Hardcastle - If You Knew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xLk7O-lK48

Jazz Marimba
Jan 4, 2012

Thank you! I never would've found that!

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
the classical piece being referenced at ~1:30 in this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmsoVFCUN3Q&t=99s

i think it's supposed to be handel's sarabande but that's not quite it

i think i've heard it in a paradox mapgame at some point but i can't recall which one

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
Kinda vaguely reminds me of Schubert's Piano Trio in E-Flat, which is on the Barry Lyndon soundtrack with Sarabande:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpoNjrM5DlY&t=2558s

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
it's in the same wheelhouse for sure, but i think what i'm looking for is the exact phrase at 2:30-2:36 of the contrapoints video, which afaik isn't present in the sarabande and i swear i've heard it before

you'd think the piece would be in the Victoria II soundtrack, but i listened to the whole thing the other day and no luck

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Isn't it Beethoven's Allegretto? It was used in Clockwork Orange, so it fits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgHxmAsINDk

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

Erebus posted:

Isn't it Beethoven's Allegretto? It was used in Clockwork Orange, so it fits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgHxmAsINDk

by jove

you've done it

also shame on me for not knowing this

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

If it's any consolation I had to remember it by way of Zardoz.

Grey Face
Mar 31, 2017
I'm trying to remember a youtube song that was posted in some thread here a while back. It was called "Amaterasu", the video image was a drawing of a girl with giant headphones, and the chorus went "all y'all hate control the whole state". It wasn't original vocals, they were clearly from something else. I've been looking through youtube for hours and can't find it.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Trying to find a music video / song, I can only vaguely remember the track, but I'm 99% sure it was instrumental anyway, kinda Gorrilaz esque? But the video was really really slickly animated, a number of different scenes, with the camera transitioning from one to the other, back and forth, but then as the song goes on and kinda builds, the different characters from the different scenes end up running back and forth, or just appearing (kinda incorrectly, like) in each others various different scenes. It was pretty upbeat, and I just remember the video being really really cool?

Edit: Oh, should point out, its 100% not Gorillaz.

!Klams fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Aug 13, 2018

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

!Klams posted:

Trying to find a music video / song, I can only vaguely remember the track, but I'm 99% sure it was instrumental anyway, kinda Gorrilaz esque? But the video was really really slickly animated, a number of different scenes, with the camera transitioning from one to the other, back and forth, but then as the song goes on and kinda builds, the different characters from the different scenes end up running back and forth, or just appearing (kinda incorrectly, like) in each others various different scenes. It was pretty upbeat, and I just remember the video being really really cool?

Edit: Oh, should point out, its 100% not Gorillaz.

自主制作アニメーション『the TV show』

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ9YtJC-Kd8

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Erebus posted:

自主制作アニメーション『the TV show』

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ9YtJC-Kd8

gently caress yeah! Thanks man! That's awesome!

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Can somebody identify the first song in this playlist? I'm familiar with some of David Lanz's music and, to me, it really sounds like him, but I don't know enough of his music to say for sure if it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdaoKQk8md8

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

pretty mainstream song from last couple years but I think im mishearing lyrics

goes something like "on vacaaatioooon (blahblahblah) smoking jamaaaaiiiccaaan" or haitiaaaaan

idk

trappy rappy song

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Alan Smithee posted:

pretty mainstream song from last couple years but I think im mishearing lyrics

goes something like "on vacaaatioooon (blahblahblah) smoking jamaaaaiiiccaaan" or haitiaaaaan

idk

trappy rappy song

Could it be Post Malone's Celebration? Sounds a lot like the lyrics you shared but not quite. I feel like it probably isn't it because you would have recognized it but its all I could think of.

Now they always say, "Congratulations" (congratulations)
Worked so hard, forgot how to vacation (ooh)
They ain't never had the dedication (uh, uh, ayy)
People hatin', say we changed and look we made it (uh, uh)
Yeah, we made it (uh, uh, yah)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

MrSargent posted:

Could it be Post Malone's Celebration? Sounds a lot like the lyrics you shared but not quite. I feel like it probably isn't it because you would have recognized it but its all I could think of.

Now they always say, "Congratulations" (congratulations)
Worked so hard, forgot how to vacation (ooh)
They ain't never had the dedication (uh, uh, ayy)
People hatin', say we changed and look we made it (uh, uh)
Yeah, we made it (uh, uh, yah)

Well I did say it was mainstream so I was having trouble with that part anyway

It probably is that one as soon as I get off my phone I'll check

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I lied I just played it on my phone

Yup that's the one. Mumble rap man

Literally none of the words I thought he rhymes with vacation are in the lyrics

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Aug 20, 2018

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

Tryin to remember a rap song about a bunch of different heads of organizations (I remember a priest, african dictator/warlord, presidents) in the world arguing over who is the most evil or has the most control. I think the devil was offering them a prize or something but I might be misremembering that. It was in 2 parts and the album art was mostly red.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

punch drunk posted:

Tryin to remember a rap song about a bunch of different heads of organizations (I remember a priest, african dictator/warlord, presidents) in the world arguing over who is the most evil or has the most control. I think the devil was offering them a prize or something but I might be misremembering that. It was in 2 parts and the album art was mostly red.

Akala - The Thieves Banquet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgVZSIPzH1o

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

Yes, thank you!

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
I have basically nothing to go on but I'm going to give this a try anyway...

I'm trying to remember two songs from the early 2000s, both in the short-lived glam-pop/glam-punk/glam-emo (I made that up) style that was briefly popular. The one song had a lyric something like "sex not lies" and something like "I feel it in your fingers / I feel it in your toes" aanndd thats literally the only words I can remember. I THINK the band was from California, and the video featured lots of fast cuts and stuff like dogs with pink mohawks and wearing sunglasses. Even at the time the band was pretty obscure so this could be tough.

The second one was by a (I think) Canadian band/singer that had a handful of popular songs and did the run on MuchMusic. Again, had a kind emo-glam thing going on. I seem to remember one of the videos featuring lots of indoor fireworks. So, yeah, that's literally all I can remember :shobon:

(It was NOT Blaqk Audio or AFI)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LL_Ghoul_J
Oct 22, 2004

Get Heavy

Cyril Sneer posted:

The second one was by a (I think) Canadian band/singer that had a handful of popular songs and did the run on MuchMusic. Again, had a kind emo-glam thing going on. I seem to remember one of the videos featuring lots of indoor fireworks. So, yeah, that's literally all I can remember :shobon:

(It was NOT Blaqk Audio or AFI)

This might be it, it fits the criteria https://youtu.be/ooztQ4y7i4k