Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did the Ghost of Roddy Piper tell YOU?
This poll is closed.
What a Scotsman wears under his kilt 7 8.05%
Where to get bubblegum 6 6.90%
To put on the loving sunglasses 37 42.53%
Incoherent drunken rambling. Beautiful incoherent drunken rambling :shobon: 37 42.53%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I remember one time where Pritchard tried to take credit for the entire Undertaker gimmick, from the gimmick to choosing Mark Calloway. So yeah, he's full of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Nikki Cross is back on the road with WWE when there's a PPV tomorrow:

https://twitter.com/AKonWrestling/status/1018311981609242624

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Wonder if she's going to interfere in the New Day vs Sanity match, or decide to interfere in Carmella vs Asuka.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

They don't usually call people up before Big 4 PPVs

fatherofmustard fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jul 15, 2018

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nikki was supposedly only kept down to give something for Shayna to do for a Takeover before they setup Kairi challenging her though. A bit different than the usual situation.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah, I think the big female post Summerslam callup will most likely be Shayna. I don't see her retaining in Brooklyn. She'll probably land on Smackdown since they need strong heels, but you can easily make the argument that they could put her on RAW with Ronda to inevitably feud with. Depending on the result of tomorrow's Smackdown Women's Championship match, I can see them turning Asuka heel at Summerslam if she wins the title and faces off against Becky at the event (just repeat what Asuka did to Ember at Takeover Orlando, and "accidentally" shove the ref into the ropes or something, causing Becky to fall to her doom).

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I wish there was an NXT PPV tonight. Whelp tomorrow I get a PPV im so unexcited about I cant give a drat about shinsuke getting his first main roster title or Rusev getting his first 1v1 wwe title match.

k im a lil hype about The B Team.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

This weekend's Takeover has been renamed to G1 Climax.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Ziggler was on Lilian Garcia's podcast. To the surprise of noone he did some "I WORK SO drat HARD EVERY NIGHT AND GET NOTHING" rants. In response to people who say it's his own fault he's not in major storylines he said

"People who tell me that, a couple old timers, even Hall of Famers, they’re like, ‘That’s on you.’ I’m like, ‘No man.’ Seven years ago maybe it is on me. Now they know how good I am. I know how good I am. It’s not all in my court there to put myself on the show."

I don't think he's going to accept the fact that like... just noone likes him. Ah well, I still hope him vs Rollins main events just cause it'll be some good wrestling and the IC title is literally the only title out of like 10 belts that matters.

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

Blaise330 posted:

Lilian Garcia's podcast.

Does everyone who's ever had a connection to WWE have their own podcast?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Can't wait to hear Mantaur's podcast.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Blaise330 posted:

Ziggler was on Lilian Garcia's podcast. To the surprise of noone he did some "I WORK SO drat HARD EVERY NIGHT AND GET NOTHING" rants. In response to people who say it's his own fault he's not in major storylines he said

"People who tell me that, a couple old timers, even Hall of Famers, they’re like, ‘That’s on you.’ I’m like, ‘No man.’ Seven years ago maybe it is on me. Now they know how good I am. I know how good I am. It’s not all in my court there to put myself on the show."

I don't think he's going to accept the fact that like... just noone likes him. Ah well, I still hope him vs Rollins main events just cause it'll be some good wrestling and the IC title is literally the only title out of like 10 belts that matters.

They know how good he is. He's reasonably good, but not WWE championship level. Should he be beating Brock Lesnar? Should he be main eventing Smackdown? Is he deluded enough to believe that?

Oh and WWE uploaded this as a teaser for Extreme Rules this year:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJfvhsVQBYk

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

DukeofCA posted:

Does everyone who's ever had a connection to WWE have their own podcast?

Turns out chatting with someone for an hour while occasionally taking breaks to do commercials for mail in underwear, mail in razor blades, mail in mattresses, and mail in premeasured food recipes is a decent career transition for someone who used to be on tv. Also for anyone who owns a decent microphone and can talk without stuttering.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Blaise330 posted:

It is his fault. He chose to be the Dolph Ziggler and now he has to accept the obvious ramifications of that choice.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
alexa beating bayley was good

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
11 hours of wrestling tonight capped off with THE BIG DOG ROMAN REIGNS is like some loving monkey paw bullshit.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Blaise330 posted:

What's funny is Dolph is a libertarian so the fact that he works hard and gets nothing flies directly in the face of one of his beliefs.

(I have no idea if he really is a libertarian but come on he's totally a libertarian.)

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Dolph is fine and probably deserves a different gimmick. I mean if they can strap a rocket into Romans rear end for 5 years then why not Dolph? Least Dolph can wrestle. Guess I feel like that with everyone if they keep Roman at the top.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Dolph going from "can help a white supremacist try to cripple a Mexican and be loved for it" to "can do nothing right ever" in the eyes of goons over the years has been pretty incredible.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

fart blood posted:

What's funny is Dolph is a libertarian so the fact that he works hard and gets nothing flies directly in the face of one of his beliefs.

(I have no idea if he really is a libertarian but come on he's totally a libertarian.)

He's only a libertarian if other wrestlers start talking about how smart he is.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Hopefully next year Extreme Rules goes in the exact opposite direction, with matches with rules so EXTREMELY stringent that everyone loses. The only winner would be Drew Gulak since he made a PowerPoint presentation on how to win that no one watched.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
If they are not going to try to book extreme rules matches that make sense for this PPV, at least do a roulette where and let it be random stipulations all night long.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I can't remember the last time I was this uninterested in a WWE PPV. The only investment I have is hoping Asuka and Rusev win and hoping Almas's match gets a decent amount of time. Everything else feels so very very pointless.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
As long as everyone are superstars and it is sports entertainment I think Vince has not gone the right way with this. How about Extreme Niceness PPV? A wholesome PPV where everyone supports each other in accomplishing tasks and challenges? How about a debate that ends with Sasha and Bayley becoming friends again and that whackily ends up with a positive lesbian romance angle? I don’t think we’ve explored the depths of sports entertainment. Can we get Shinsuke and Asuka whacky asians rooming with Baron Corbin as he tries to explain American culture?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

No one is allowed to have friends in WWE. Friends are just enemies getting close and waiting to stab you in the back.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The card tonight, if you were not aware.

quote:

1. Roman Reigns vs. Bobby Lashley

2. Extreme Rules Match for the Raw Women’s Championship: Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Nia Jax

3. Steel Cage Match: Braun Strowman vs. Kevin Owens

4. Raw Tag Team Championship Match: Bray Wyatt and Matt Hardy vs. Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel

5. Iron Man Match for the Intercontinental Championship: Dolph Ziggler (c) vs. Seth Rollins

6. Finn Bálor vs. Baron Corbin

7. WWE Championship Match: AJ Styles (c) vs. Rusev

8. Smackdown Women’s Championship Match: Carmella (c) vs. Asuka, James Ellsworth will be suspended above the ring in a shark cage

9. Smackdown Tag Team Championship Match: Bludgeon Brothers (c) vs. Team Hell No

10. United States Championship Match: Jeff Hardy (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

11. Kickoff – Tag Team Tables Match: New Day vs. Sanity

12. Kickoff - Andrade "Cien" Almas vs Sin Cara

Experience the excitement! Extreme Rules.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Dolph going from "can help a white supremacist try to cripple a Mexican and be loved for it" to "can do nothing right ever" in the eyes of goons over the years has been pretty incredible.

I was on his side until the sheamus feud and the Rusev Lana Dolph Summer love quadrangle where he was trying to get with both women. Copying HBK spots in every rumble and battle royale just makes me sigh, he's trying so transparently hard to "steal the show" when the camera isn't even focused on him. He bounced back alot in late 2016 smackdown but somehow he was the ONLY Talking Smack guest who looked worse after being on the show (reminder, even Corbin and Jinder were enjoyable on Talking Smack) and it began the "i work so drat hard" promos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6St0OokhAP4

Then his heel turn happened and hoo boy... he kept cutting his promos in this slow droning voice like a jr high student in a play got told "sound like a bad guy". Then there was the "everyone else is just cheap gimmicks, lemme imitate their entrances" phase. Then the no entrance music phase. Then winning the US title and quitting then returning to the rumble with no explanation. I'll give credit where credit is due, Dolph's good stuff is great and he might have match of the night tonight but everytime he takes a step forward there's 5 steps back.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

remusclaw posted:

No one is allowed to have friends in WWE. Friends are just enemies getting close and waiting to stab you in the back.

Becky goes to therapy with everyone who betrayed her. There's a line of people wrapping around into the hallway including 2 La Luchadoras somehow.

projecthalaxy posted:

The card tonight, if you were not aware.

Experience the excitement! Extreme Rules.

Wait 8 out of 12 matches have no stipulation (or 7 out of 10 if you don't count preshow)? This is like a watered down TLC.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jul 15, 2018

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Blaise330 posted:

Copying HBK spots in every rumble and battle royale just makes me sigh, he's trying so transparently hard to "steal the show" when the camera isn't even focused on him.

I feel like he did the skin the cat flailing legs thing like 10 times during the last rumble. You could turn it into a very effective if suicidal drinking game.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jul 15, 2018

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Can't link tweet cause on phone but WWE twitter just tweet Hogan has been reinstated to the Hall of fame :lol:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Can't link tweet cause on phone but WWE twitter just tweet Hogan has been reinstated to the Hall of fame :lol:

lol

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1018567979221573633

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Man I hope they have to mute his reaction like he's Roman Reigns.

Not that I expect it, wrestling fans can be garbage.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the african american community must be thrilled

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Blaise330 posted:

Wait 8 out of 12 matches have no stipulation (or 7 out of 10 if you don't count preshow)? This is like a watered down TLC.

That's correct. And the iron man stipulation frankly just adds more rules to the top of the normal rules. Please enjoy extreme rules, the one night where there are no rules.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The Hulkster could sell plutonium to ISIS and he'd still get cheered, brother.

Roman's shameful back and poor mic skills will never get him that kind of face heat.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I did not know that was something you could get suspended from.

remusclaw posted:

Man I hope they have to mute his reaction like he's Roman Reigns.

Not that I expect it, wrestling fans can be garbage.

The first few notes of Real American are hype as gently caress. I still say Roman would get less boos with a less soul draining theme song intro. Maybe he shoulda got the Burn It Down entrance.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjEs9pj_v1Y

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Hogan will get the biggest pop of the night at Summerslam

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I'm so glad Vince is starting to embrace full on racism in WWE now (and its booking). Anyone who is a minority should probably just stay in NXT until Vince keels over or hands over power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

bradzilla posted:

Hogan will get the biggest pop of the night at Summerslam

I hope they redo Wrestlemania 9's ending with him coming out, challenging the new champion Rusev, Lana accepts the challenge for him, then he beats Rusev in under 30 seconds. For a brief moment we'll have Brock Lesnar and Hogan as champions in 2018.

• Locked thread