Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

BrianBoitano posted:

What the gently caress dude

I decided to chew on one single one as an experiment after hearing you

I thought I was going to die

They used to make my whole mouth numb when I first moved here. Like I said, you build tolerance over time. By six months or so of eating them more or less every day the effect was much reduced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

gently caress off dipshit

I see you are too stupid to figure out that there are more than two countries in the world.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
I'm hungover and made a pizza pie for lunch.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Human Tornada posted:

I'm hungover and made a pizza pie for lunch.

I am not hungover but I am v jealous

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

BrianBoitano posted:

That's not hyperbole. It felt like my throat was closing up...

Somebody start a new youth social media challenge

You may be allergic that doesn't sound normal.

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
Just made some pork udon with baby corn and spinach! With cat for scale.

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
*snip* wrong thread

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Maui style garlic noodles and stir fried baby bok choy with black beans and chili crisp.

blixa
Jan 9, 2006

Kein bestandteil sein
I had a little Italian dinner party last night and made stuff. Excuse the cell phone photos.

Antipasti: two types of crostini. Burrata and prosciutto on one, mashed cannelini beans with roasted garlic and capers topped with an amazing tuna and parmesan on the other.

Pasta: squid ink spaghetti with charred corn and a garlic cream sauce and castelmagno cheese

Carne: brined and grilled pork chops with grilled peaches and sauteed garlicky broccoli rabe (and some of the corn leftover from the pasta)

Dolci: olive oil cake with freshly made meyer lemon ice cream and macerated strawberries.

Not pictured: mascarpone thumbprint and amaretti cookies.

Everything was crazy delicious.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

blixa posted:

I had a little Italian dinner party last night and made stuff. Excuse the cell phone photos.

Antipasti: two types of crostini. Burrata and prosciutto on one, mashed cannelini beans with roasted garlic and capers topped with an amazing tuna and parmesan on the other.

Pasta: squid ink spaghetti with charred corn and a garlic cream sauce and castelmagno cheese

Carne: brined and grilled pork chops with grilled peaches and sauteed garlicky broccoli rabe (and some of the corn leftover from the pasta)

Dolci: olive oil cake with freshly made meyer lemon ice cream and macerated strawberries.

Ssssssso. I want to eat all of this. drat.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

large hands posted:

Maui style garlic noodles and stir fried baby bok choy with black beans and chili crisp.

I can't even with your avatar.

What are Maui-style noodles?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Made oven baked lamb shanks with butternut pumpkin and white wine sauce

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

blixa posted:

I had a little Italian dinner party last night and made stuff.

:stare: I think you pulled it off, great work

French summer sammy with zucchini* and olive tapenade, with okra fries and a mojito.

*actually used green trombone squash. That sure is a vegetable!

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Drink and Fight posted:

I can't even with your avatar.

What are Maui-style noodles?

Basically oyster sauce chow mein with lots of fresh and granulated garlic. You typically get them in Maui topped with teriyaki meat of some sort. We get them at Star Noodle in Lahaina whenever we're there. They're totally simple and addictive.

Here's a recipe.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

blixa posted:

drat, nice work.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

blixa posted:

:gizz:

blixa
Jan 9, 2006

Kein bestandteil sein
I still have dreams about the food in the post above, thanks for the kind comments.

Tonight was pizza night. Tomato/mozz base with burrata, prosciutto, and basil when out of the oven but still warm.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

blixa posted:

I still have dreams about the food in the post above, thanks for the kind comments.

Where do you live? I'd like to become a family friend so I can have dinners with you. :v:

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
Fritatta:

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Bought a heat gun to try and see if it was as good as people say for searing a steak post sous-vide. My first unfortunate victim was a 16oz ribeye:

I'll need a bit more practice with it, and it's certainly trickier to do than the tried-and-true searing hot pan method, but there was no smoke during the entire process searing with it.

Which is fantastic, as most tenants in my apartment complex get real freaked out at the slightest hint of smoke after a neighbor lit the kitchen in their unit on fire a month ago. :sweatdrop:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

*twiddles thumbs*

ACTION SHOT

Ready for steaming

They opened up a bit during the second proof and steaming; need a little less filling and more pinching, maybe

Filling is seasoned pork, rehydrated mushrooms, carrot

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Last night meatballs and mashed potatoes and gravy. I don't bother making them round, they fry faster this way.

Today pizza(s)

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

His Divine Shadow posted:

Last night meatballs and mashed potatoes and gravy. I don't bother making them round, they fry faster this way.

Rissoles! Yum.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I used to hate rissoles when I was a kid but now they're awesome. And those look great!

The Doctor
Jul 8, 2007

:toot: :toot: :toot:
Fallen Rib
That mash and gravy loving speaks to me.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

His Divine Shadow posted:

I was at my local cafe tonight and I ordered "Danish meatballs" off the specials menu. It looked exactly like that except that it had green beans served with it.

I didn't know what Danish meatballs were but now they're a huge favorite. It was awesome! Family run cafe's always have good "grandma's recipe" food.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

mostlygray posted:

I was at my local cafe tonight and I ordered "Danish meatballs" off the specials menu. It looked exactly like that except that it had green beans served with it.

I didn't know what Danish meatballs were but now they're a huge favorite. It was awesome! Family run cafe's always have good "grandma's recipe" food.

I assume they're very similar to Swedish meatballs, which are delicious, but please enlighten me.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Balls of meat are awesome. I'm really digging Chinese "Lion's Head" both dry and in soups.

mostlygray posted:

Frikadeller. My partner has Danish grandparents and they make them around Thanksgiving and Christmas.

iajanus posted:

I used to hate rissoles when I was a kid but now they're awesome. And those look great!

:same:

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
Hiya buddies. I made some carnitas with queso fresco, pico de gallo, and habanero* salsa.

*there are from my garden and are either Mayan red habaneros or orange Scotch bonnets, I stupidly didn't label any of my plants.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

chicken breast with homemade pesto, mashed cauliflower with parm, braised leeks with garlic and herb butter

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Sunday dinner: spinach/mushroom stuffed pork loin roast, champ, blistered green beans.

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004
Made some wings, perpared a couple different ways:

I soaked all 8 wings in a "Thai-Style Chili Dipping Sauce" from seriouseats (https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/04/thai-style-sweet-chili-dipping-sauce-recipe.html) for a couple hours.

I then coated them in a mixture of rice flour and kosher salt and proceeded to fry them at ~350F. I then took 4 of them and threw them on the grill (I was already grilling other stuff so I decided why not?).

I made a sriracha-honey sauce by combining, you guessed it, honey and sriracha and honey (and butter) and coated two of of the fried and two of the fried and then grilled wings.

All of them turned out great and I was very happy with the crispiness the rice flour gave the wings without being cakey.

The grilling step was unnecessary and I probably wont do that again unless I sauce the wings first before putting them on the grill.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Taco tuesday was a resounding success.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
chicken and veggies with peanut sauce

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
Fish tacos:

And Apple Tart Tatin:

The Doctor
Jul 8, 2007

Fallen Rib
All of that looks delicious, Raikiri.

Speaking of fish tacos, battered and fried cod tacos have become really popular here (Newfoundland) in the past decade or so and they are so loving jesus god good I want everyone to eat them. Is this a popular thing in other places or is it mostly just here?

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

The Doctor posted:

All of that looks delicious, Raikiri.

Speaking of fish tacos, battered and fried cod tacos have become really popular here (Newfoundland) in the past decade or so and they are so loving jesus god good I want everyone to eat them. Is this a popular thing in other places or is it mostly just here?

Everywhere. They've been around since the 1950's. Started in Baja and are practically the official food of San Diego.

The Doctor
Jul 8, 2007

Fallen Rib

Crusty Nutsack posted:

Everywhere. They've been around since the 1950's. Started in Baja and are practically the official food of San Diego.

We're...slow on the uptake over here.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

That white sauce (I'm assuming it's just mayo and sour cream?) is what really makes it sing for me. Same with shrimp tacos.

Ah, poo poo. Now I'm hungry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Brawnfire posted:

That white sauce (I'm assuming it's just mayo and sour cream?) is what really makes it sing for me. Same with shrimp tacos.

Ah, poo poo. Now I'm hungry.

I like mayo, yogurt, and a little salt and lime juice.