Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I’ve been lakeposting all weekend and still waiting for a few people to make an appearance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
A shameful snipe

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

yeah on that my post count is already double flerps, dancer, the ninth layers, and illegally sober. get posting people.

well not sober because they've disappeared or something.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anpu posted:

That is indeed weird. And thank you for coming forward with that information, I think I would have suspected AA of being busdriven otherwise. Thanks to you we can see this situation more clearly.

ok so im going to bed and will be back to catch up in about nine hours or so, but my re-read of today took me back to the above when dancer called anpu on the oddity of the bolded statement

anpu why would your first thought be that aa was bus driven before max had even claimed bus driver? that's an very specific comment to make.

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

I have opened your two eyes. I have opened your mouth with the instruments of Anpu...
Again, I’ve already explained that statement. All you’re doing is reinforcing the lengths you’ll go to not read my posts.

Anpu posted:

6) I didn’t suspect he’d been busdriven but it’s such an odd night kill choice that I’m sure I would have wasted time considering it had Max not spoken up.

I hope this helps.

I don’t see how my original post implies I was already thinking he was busdriven, only ever that it was an option.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anpu posted:

Again, I’ve already explained that statement. All you’re doing is reinforcing the lengths you’ll go to not read my posts.

I don’t see how my original post implies I was already thinking he was busdriven, only ever that it was an option.

Last post for tonight.

Yep I forgot about that response, fair call, but implying that I'm not reading any of your posts when I've been picking them part is quite the fabrication. For someone so interested in the truth I'd not think you'd be so prone to hyperbole.

And I'm sorry, the post does read like you would have assumed he was bus driven if you had no other information (max's claim), because that's how you have written it.

Even if I ignore that you're obviously trying to walk that back now, it doesn't explain why you would mention bus driving out of a multitude of other options. A hundred different things could have happened to AA, but you just happen to think it was worth mentioning bus driving as opposed to idk, just a straight up night kill?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
honestly i just want anpu to claim. if somehow he has a role that actually justifies his terrible play, then maybe everything will make sense. but rn the way he's been playing is super scummy and also exhausting to read

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

b-minus1 posted:

I’ve been lakeposting all weekend and still waiting for a few people to make an appearance

also this is dumb just loving post

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

b-minus1 posted:

Octopath Traveler is really good, sorry. I promise to put in more effort from work tomorrow

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Hi flerp

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Deadline is tomorrow, come on.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Can’t wait to re do day 1 all over again as we scramble for a target

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

hey when do you feel like playing this game?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm out of town for the weekend but should be back home to post later today.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

I'm caught up on Day 2 now, sorry for my absence its been a busy weekend. Here are my reads:

Top choice: Moat
Gave us basically one post of reads here and then totally checked out.

The beet vote is really lazy. Beet straight up said he hadn't read the game yet and Moat votes him for getting bogged down in the bus driver discussion. Then when Beet does post some (reasonable) reads upon catching up, Moat doesn't follow up or comment on them at all. Its just a bunch of snipey no-content posts. Moat is not at all concerned about finding scum. Moat is scum.

##vote Moat

Other people I'm currently suspicious of:

Atomic Soda: A lot of her posts on D1 were very defensive and while she was poking people and asking questions, at this point I'm like to see some analysis and reads. Based on my limited meta understanding of the couple games I've played with her recently, I would expect more specific reads from her here if she were town.

IcePhoenix: Scum lurker. Calling this one now, so I can quote it later once he flips and I look super smart.

flerp: Same boat as moat (does it float?): gave us one post of reads on D1 and now isn't doing anything. His foray into the busdriver discussion reads much scummier to me than Beet. He's made a handful of posts on D2 and none have done anything to advance the game.

Finally a note on Anpu: I honestly just can't decide where I stand on this guy. I kind of flip back and forth on whether he's scum like I'm listening to the Serial podcast. If I have time tonight I'd like to re-read him again and try and make a stand on what I think about him but I may not have time to do that! I say that fully realizing that if I don't follow up on this and we lynch him and he flips scum, this post will look really bad. Such is mafia.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Max posted:

Deadline is tomorrow, come on.

I don't work at night, there will be plenty of time.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
##vote anpu

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Anpu posted:

No, happy to go through this.

1) I honestly thought that was RP flavour, maybe something to do with your character being betrayed in the past. This is the trouble in RP heavy situations, it can be hard to gauge what is and isn’t relevant.

2) That post has a few things in it, but given I’m not sure about Slamburger I don’t know how to feel about it. I don’t like the way it offers up the answer it’s looking for; in making enquiries I think this does more harm than good. I tend to think of it as the behaviour of scum looking for cases to join, but I didn’t think Slamburger was scum so again, didn’t know what to think.

3) My issue with your answer was your first one was direct but very loose and noncommittal, the follow up was done entirely in an RP very loose, talking to yourself and (to my mind) avoiding directly answering the question. It made me think of scum trying to avoid a lie detector role or something similar.

4) I would answer it by listing what you’re good at during the day, what your judgement is like during the night, your weaknesses during the day, your weaknesses in night actions.

5) I have very much achieved in part of what I set out to do. More information is unwise but everything has happened as I thought it would.

6) I didn’t suspect he’d been busdriven but it’s such an odd night kill choice that I’m sure I would have wasted time considering it had Max not spoken up.

I hope this helps.

you asked for people to tell you their weaknesses in night actions? this is an odd request and not one i remember you making before. i'm having trouble figuring out exactly what you're trying to achieve with all this, despite your hinted power role

also amused that my two rp posts have caused you such consternation.

for your lie detector concern - i, atomic soda, am town.

did tnl give you the answers you wanted?

also

Atomic Soda posted:

hey bman who do you think is scum?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

flerp posted:

hey when do you feel like playing this game?

I am playing this game. In fact some might argue that I’m playing 4D chess...

But for real, I’ll have some time tonight to dedicate to this game

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

b-minus1 posted:

don't ignore me bman i hate that

flerp posted:

honestly i just want anpu to claim. if somehow he has a role that actually justifies his terrible play, then maybe everything will make sense. but rn the way he's been playing is super scummy and also exhausting to read

flerp correct

worried about the sober kill - either he was the actual scum target or we got a pretty powerful sk out there.

moat being very jocular rn i hope he is town. if anpu is concerned about answers for a possible lie detector, i'm surprised he didn't note moats lack of direct response to my "are you scum" question earlier.

what do you think about moat atm anpu?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Slamburger posted:

I'm caught up on Day 2 now, sorry for my absence its been a busy weekend. Here are my reads:

Top choice: Moat
Gave us basically one post of reads here and then totally checked out.

The beet vote is really lazy. Beet straight up said he hadn't read the game yet and Moat votes him for getting bogged down in the bus driver discussion. Then when Beet does post some (reasonable) reads upon catching up, Moat doesn't follow up or comment on them at all. Its just a bunch of snipey no-content posts. Moat is not at all concerned about finding scum. Moat is scum.

##vote Moat

Other people I'm currently suspicious of:

Atomic Soda: A lot of her posts on D1 were very defensive and while she was poking people and asking questions, at this point I'm like to see some analysis and reads. Based on my limited meta understanding of the couple games I've played with her recently, I would expect more specific reads from her here if she were town.

IcePhoenix: Scum lurker. Calling this one now, so I can quote it later once he flips and I look super smart.

flerp: Same boat as moat (does it float?): gave us one post of reads on D1 and now isn't doing anything. His foray into the busdriver discussion reads much scummier to me than Beet. He's made a handful of posts on D2 and none have done anything to advance the game.

Finally a note on Anpu: I honestly just can't decide where I stand on this guy. I kind of flip back and forth on whether he's scum like I'm listening to the Serial podcast. If I have time tonight I'd like to re-read him again and try and make a stand on what I think about him but I may not have time to do that! I say that fully realizing that if I don't follow up on this and we lynch him and he flips scum, this post will look really bad. Such is mafia.

hey man it was day 1, also i was pretty sure you were scum if you remember.

from my limited meta understanding also, you don't pull stunts like the one you pulled day 1 with the scorpion death matches, so even though i'm feeling a bit better about you you still on my suss list.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Atomic Soda posted:

seems reasonable. like to see beets reads from day 1.

hey bman who do you think is scum?

If this question was for me, I apologize. I thought you were asking beet for his reads.

After skimming the thread I feel like slamburger soda apnu and max are my strongest town reads. Cooling on my scumread of flerp.

Lean scum on Moat and iceman primarily as a result of reading other people’s cases. I’ll make some of my own as soon as I can

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

I have opened your two eyes. I have opened your mouth with the instruments of Anpu...

flerp posted:

What terrible play? At this stage I’ve not only found a scum, I’ve also put in more effort than almost every other person in the thread.

An insult, an incredibly low effort post and rolefishing all at once, you would be a better target than me a thousand times over.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Anpu posted:

What terrible play? At this stage I’ve not only found a scum, I’ve also put in more effort than almost every other person in the thread.

An insult, an incredibly low effort post and rolefishing all at once, you would be a better target than me a thousand times over.

who is the scum you have found cause you not voting anyone.

what are your current thoughts on moat and tnl?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

b-minus1 posted:

If this question was for me, I apologize. I thought you were asking beet for his reads.

After skimming the thread I feel like slamburger soda apnu and max are my strongest town reads. Cooling on my scumread of flerp.

Lean scum on Moat and iceman primarily as a result of reading other people’s cases. I’ll make some of my own as soon as I can

yeah should probably split my posts up more.

look forward to you cases!

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Anpu posted:

your posts have been horrendously terrible, with poor justification on any of your reads, directly contradictory statements, and doubling down even when people point out flaws in your arguments

your major defense is that you have some kind of role, and frankly, im tired of you being coy about it. it is beyond obnoxious because it distracts from any ability to case you because you say "well everything im doing has a specific reason and you see im the big mastermind here and everything im doing is super deliberate" and quite frankly, i highly doubt you have any role near that power that you feel the need to super breadcrumb anything. and, even if you do, it seems like it makes your posts just so much worse.

idk what the gently caress youre saying with me being a better target. of what? a vote? sure, whatever, vote for me, like you want to vote for anybody that brings up any suspicision of you.

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

Atomic Soda posted:

who is the scum you have found cause you not voting anyone.

what are your current thoughts on moat and tnl?

I am voting for Beetphyxious, what an odd thing to say.

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

flerp posted:

your posts have been horrendously terrible, with poor justification on any of your reads, directly contradictory statements, and doubling down even when people point out flaws in your arguments

your major defense is that you have some kind of role, and frankly, im tired of you being coy about it. it is beyond obnoxious because it distracts from any ability to case you because you say "well everything im doing has a specific reason and you see im the big mastermind here and everything im doing is super deliberate" and quite frankly, i highly doubt you have any role near that power that you feel the need to super breadcrumb anything. and, even if you do, it seems like it makes your posts just so much worse.

idk what the gently caress youre saying with me being a better target. of what? a vote? sure, whatever, vote for me, like you want to vote for anybody that brings up any suspicision of you.

You are a very silly little man. Does anyone ever listen to you in these games?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Anpu posted:

gently caress off

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

I’ll take that as a ‘no’.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Super happy with my anpu vote.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Anpu posted:

The super annoying play style of:

"The guy I'm voting for is confirmed scum because I'm voting for him"

plus

Beetphyxious posted:

this assumption than anyone implying you're not town is wrong, scummy and we should take this at face value.

is not winning any arguments for you.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Anpu posted:

hm it is not in the vote count.

can you answer the other question in my post please, the one about your moat and tnl thoughts.

Anpu posted:

dont be rude, we are all playing a game here to have fun so please stop it.

yes, people often listen to flerp bc he is a good player and a kind and funny person.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Beetphyxious posted:

Super happy with my anpu vote.

:agreed:

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

Flerp was uncivil first, a bit opportunistic to try to claim a tone argument at this point.

I notice many of you are now not contributing at all except to respond to my posts. Perhaps play the game in earnest, instead of through an Anpu filter.

Beetphyxious is scum. If you wish to lynch town instead of scum, then by all means make it me. That is not a game I would care to engage with on any level.

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

There was maybe 10 posts while I slept.

And I come back to be told I am lazy and terrible. I think not.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Anpu posted:

Flerp was uncivil first, a bit opportunistic to try to claim a tone argument at this point.

I notice many of you are now not contributing at all except to respond to my posts. Perhaps play the game in earnest, instead of through an Anpu filter.

Beetphyxious is scum. If you wish to lynch town instead of scum, then by all means make it me. That is not a game I would care to engage with on any level.

sure my post wasnt exactly the nicest, but at least my post had substance rather than just being a straight insult

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Apnu good IMO. Starting to get sus AF of Mona and beet.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
WOOHOO i finally have internet at my house. time to wreck some scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

Apnu good IMO. Starting to get sus AF of Mona and beet.

See that's the third time you've said anpu is good, but not really expanded on it or backed it up with any other reasoning aside from 'town slapfight' which is very lazy.

b-minus1 posted:

MMT and flerp mia

Max town. Apnu town. Slam burger town. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it

b-minus1 posted:

No.

Apnu bad vote. I will die on this hill. This is the result of town slap fighting.

Now you're lock step following anpu same targets of suspicion so presumably including the same bad reasons of ~scum posted together~.

Is there a particular reason why you dont have any original thoughts on who is scum today and are hiding behind someone else's case?

Is there a reason why you're suss on me outside of anpu said so / beet started casing me / mmt meta?

Are you going to try post more than a sentence at a time one day?

Anpu is right on one thing, at least he puts in effort even if it is just crazy old man tunneling.

• Locked thread