Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did the Ghost of Roddy Piper tell YOU?
This poll is closed.
What a Scotsman wears under his kilt 7 8.05%
Where to get bubblegum 6 6.90%
To put on the loving sunglasses 37 42.53%
Incoherent drunken rambling. Beautiful incoherent drunken rambling :shobon: 37 42.53%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

that was a pretty good buzzer sound tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

yea ok posted:

that was a pretty good buzzer sound tbh

WWE has conditioned us to enjoy the Royal Rumble more than anything else

Twice a year, even!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

EugeneJ posted:

WWE has conditioned us to enjoy the Royal Rumble more than anything else

Twice a year, even!

I hear it's the Greatest

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

boar guy posted:

west coast. plenty of time to sober up and not have a hangover :tipshat:

I'm nearly in my 30s and I feel like I get a hangover just from thinking about drinking alcohol at this point

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Tune in next time to find out how Vince is going to punish the very concept of keeping time

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I’m app posting, but please pretend that I posted that photo of Rock raising Roman’s arm in victory, but photoshopped a clock face over Rock’s head.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Saint Freak posted:

Tune in next time to find out how Vince is going to punish the very concept of keeping time

"Ok give them back the beach balls - I SAID INFLATE BEACH BALLS RIGHT NOW GODDAMN IT!"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

bloodysabbath posted:

Why do that to yourself? You’re watching a WWE B-tier PPV in 2018, don’t give yourself a wretched hangover on top of it, that’s double jeopardy, that’s against the constitution.

They're all B-tier

The differences between this and Summerslam are Summerslam's gonna be longer, have more than 12 matches, have a Taker match I think?, and there will be some different champs (except for Carmella, she'll still be champ)

Also it'll be less than a full 24 hours after a Takeover, so even the few stans who can't help but make this company (for some reason) their hill to die on will note it sucked compared to something else very recently

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Clocks and timers no longer exist in the WWE Universe

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

They're all B-tier

The differences between this and Summerslam are Summerslam's gonna be longer, have more than 12 matches, have a Taker match I think?, and there will be some different champs (except for Carmella, she'll still be champ)

Also it'll be less than a full 24 hours after a Takeover, so even the few stans who can't help but make this company (for some reason) their hill to die on will note it sucked compared to something else very recently

Man, Taker matches are the worst now. They only serve to remind me of the Dead Mans mortality.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

man maybe the main roster product has broken me, but I thought the PPV was mostly fine, worlds better than Backlash.

Ah well, at least the crowd won't poo poo on NXT

MUSTACHE MOUNTAIN

Takeover

UNDISPUTED

Brooklyn

MUSTACHE MOUNTAIN

IV

UNDISPUTED

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Things that were good tonight:

Almas won
The B-Team won
Randy punching Jeff in the nuts was funny
The Mickie/Alexa/Nia assembly line spot was funny
Mickie James, in general
The chokeslam off the cage was cool
The two last matches had some neat spots

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
B-Team won thus this is the best PPV since Royal Rumble

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Like, to lose the clock and still keep doing coordinated countdowns at completely random times is some loving high level heckling. I'm glad they pulled it together and didn't just resort to beachballs or whatever.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Things that were good tonight:

Almas won
The B-Team won
Randy punching Jeff in the nuts was funny
The Mickie/Alexa/Nia assembly line spot was funny
Mickie James, in general
The chokeslam off the cage was cool
The two last matches had some neat spots

Roman Reigns wrestled heel, lost clean, to his own finishing move (yeah I know it was Lashley's before he came back)

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Professor Funk posted:

I'm nearly in my 30s and I feel like I get a hangover just from thinking about drinking alcohol at this point

32 here and unless I’m drinking high quality stuff in decent quantities I just get sick. The downside is because I don’t get lingering shiftiness, I perceive the high quality stuff as somehow not being as effective?

Like I made myself a very nice 4-shot screwdriver using pineapple orange juice and topped with seltzer water. I had two of these, but because the vodka was Tanqueray, I just kind of fell asleep and woke up 6 hours later. Should have just taken sweet baby NyQuil at that point.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i made a write up for anyone that wants to check out njpw tonight

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3863146&pagenumber=21#post486155138

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
going back to the thread i'm now a tad regretful i played kaiserreich instead of watching dolph/seth holy lmao

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Only saw the Rusev v AJ match and the iron man match so the PPV was good from my perspective I guess since I must have missed all the garbage outside of that

The crowd counting down and making their own buzzer noise was the highlight

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Is there video of the crowd doing the buzzer noise?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

D.N. Nation posted:

man maybe the main roster product has broken me, but I thought the PPV was mostly fine, worlds better than Backlash.

Ah well, at least the crowd won't poo poo on NXT

MUSTACHE MOUNTAIN

Takeover

UNDISPUTED

Brooklyn

MUSTACHE MOUNTAIN

IV

UNDISPUTED
Yeah I feel like I just need to find a place where there is less hatewatching because that demotivates from anything (hell its why I stopped watching several shows because of TVIV's dumb bullshit), but that would probably leave in places like the WWE version of TNAmecca.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/WWERollins/status/1018693432376741888

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo that show was trash. I'm thinking the following for SummerSlam.

Asuka finally beats Carmella, Seth either beats Dolph thanks to a returning Ambrose zeroing out McIntyre OR loses due to an Ambrose heel turn, Ronda beats Alexa, Hell No beats the Bludgeon Brothers, AOP squashes the B-Team, Randy and Shinsuke have a boring rear end match, and I genuinely have no clue about what they're doing with anything surrounding either top title.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I'm glad I came in after the first hour, then turned off during Ziggler's entrance to play Overwatch instead.

I've been pretty content watching NXT and the PPVs regardless of what Raw and SD do, but my god tonight was boring as gently caress in the parts I watched and sounds no better in the parts I missed.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1018638452017917952

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Asuka finally beats Carmella, Seth either beats Dolph thanks to a returning Ambrose zeroing out McIntyre OR loses due to an Ambrose heel turn, Ronda beats Alexa, Hell No beats the Bludgeon Brothers, AOP squashes the B-Team, Randy and Shinsuke have a boring rear end match, and I genuinely have no clue about what they're doing with anything surrounding either top title.

AJ retains over Joe

Brock beats Lashley, Braun cash-in

Something like that?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah I feel like I just need to find a place where there is less hatewatching because that demotivates from anything (hell its why I stopped watching several shows because of TVIV's dumb bullshit), but that would probably leave in places like the WWE version of TNAmecca.

I'm generally in the same spot except tonight I actually agree with the people thinking the show was rear end. Not as a general rule though.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Bold of you to assume Alexa or Carmella are going to lose, ever

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

projecthalaxy posted:

Bold of you to assume Alexa or Carmella are going to lose, ever

Ronda beating Alexa is something I am more sure of than anything possibly ever. Even more than anything Brock/Roman.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Alexa loses if they do the Ronda match at Summerslam

They're going full Jinder with Carmella, she's losing at November at the earliest, or at least waiting till she's feuding with someone not Asian because that's surprisingly still a big hangup for WWE in terms of giving main non-midcard titles out in 2018

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Dolph Ziggler was wearing Ms Pac-Man arcade cabinet colors tonight, complete with the orange tanner.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

nxt is also good.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Just drop watching Raw and Smackdown? I did it and it's pretty great. I know all of the live threads have a reputation of being negative but it is really just the WWE threads. NJPW is incredibly positive. NXT threads are positive. RoH threads tend to be more positive then WWE even though it has its problems. People here are incredibly positive about good products, WWE just isn't one of them right now.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Ronda beating Alexa is something I am more sure of than anything possibly ever. Even more than anything Brock/Roman.

They'll find a way to carry it out to Wrestlemania. And then maybe get cold feet, because even if he wont even admit it to himself, WWE's booking is more about espousing his ideology more than anything now that he has permanent revenue sources.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Your Taint posted:

Is there video of the crowd doing the buzzer noise?

They did it 30+ times, choose any point from the iron man match

At one point they took away the giant timer the crowd was using to count down from the titan tron and they started counting down twice or more a minute at random times in protest. Then they brought the timer back around the 10 minute mark and the loving timer got a yes chant.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I just saw the results and lol

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

pressedbunny posted:

I'm glad I came in after the first hour, then turned off during Ziggler's entrance to play Overwatch instead.

I've been pretty content watching NXT and the PPVs regardless of what Raw and SD do, but my god tonight was boring as gently caress in the parts I watched and sounds no better in the parts I missed.
Yeah this is what I do I get my 10$ in unethical blood money worth with NXT/205/other specials that I don't really care about even watching the PPVs at this point, I work out during Raw that by the time I get back home I go on the GDT and its just "lol this is awful" so I don't even bother watching and the same goes for Smackdown even though it has improved when I do watch it.

Gumball Gumption posted:

Just drop watching Raw and Smackdown? I did it and it's pretty great. I know all of the live threads have a reputation of being negative but it is really just the WWE threads. NJPW is incredibly positive. NXT threads are positive. RoH threads tend to be more positive then WWE even though it has its problems. People here are incredibly positive about good products, WWE just isn't one of them right now.
Yeah I think its just extending to the PPVs now and with NJPW again I don't have the will to watch it in a GDT live

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gumball Gumption posted:

See the problem is this though. Tonight is truly an exception but more often than not I can find things to enjoy with the shows but then trying to read the GDT or discussion threads kills whatever enjoyment I had because the vast majority of people are just jerking off about the badness of everything and how it's all dying and Fox will cancel SmackDown after two weeks and Nothing Matters.

It's like trying to read a Trump related thread in D&D after potentially good news. I'm not saying it all of a sudden makes everything great but holy poo poo.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

See the problem is this though. Tonight is truly an exception but more often than not I can find things to enjoy with the shows but then trying to read the GDT or discussion threads kills whatever enjoyment I had because the vast majority of people are just jerking off about the badness of everything and how it's all dying and Fox will cancel SmackDown after two weeks and Nothing Matters.

It's like trying to read a Trump related thread in D&D after potentially good news. I'm not saying it all of a sudden makes everything great but holy poo poo.

Tonight you were complaining the most during a time when like 95% of the thread were laughing and enjoying themselves though - like the one time during the show people were legit having a blast watching it

I don't get you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
NXT is great, Smackdown is passable, RAW is the worst wrestling show since the dying days of WCW and since Vince is most hands on with RAW and the PPVs they're both miserable to sit through. Nobody defends the WWE because NXT has its own GDT so there's nothing positive to talk about in the WWE threads

• Locked thread