Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Terper posted:

And they didn't just copy the job system, they added the Brave and Default system which I am still shocked no other JRPG turn-based developer have looked at and said "oh let's do something like that too". Including Square Enix itself!

Ah, you mean Xenosaga's Stock system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Guy Goodbody posted:

in Captain Toad, why don't the shy guys notice the beam of your headlamp?

Am I the only one that turns the headlamp off and on depending on if it’s actually a dark level or not?:ohdear:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

in Captain Toad, why don't the shy guys notice the beam of your headlamp?

Like, I wonder why they even let you turn it on/off

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

numerrik posted:

It’ll be on the game’s page where the price is, right below that is the add to wishlist option, and download demo should be right below that

this isn't the case for octopath, for some reason the demo is a separate entry in the eshop. just search for octopath and it'll come up

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

a.lo posted:

You can turn it on and off?!?!?

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Weird, this is the first time I’ve seen that on something other than a test fire or test punch.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

a.lo posted:

Energy conservation is important, even for treasure trackers like Captain Toad

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Some enemies notice the light :ssh:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Hollow Knight decided to collapse the floor under me and send me to Deepnest. I can’t get back without going through Ancient Basin apparently, and there’s a spiky jump I can’t make. I’m probably done with this game, which is a real shame ‘cause I was having fun up until this.

The only movement abilities I have are dash and wall jump

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Reality Loser posted:

Some enemies notice the light :ssh:

Also you can kill some enemies with it like Boos.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Achmed Jones posted:

Hollow Knight decided to collapse the floor under me and send me to Deepnest. I can’t get back without going through Ancient Basin apparently, and there’s a spiky jump I can’t make. I’m probably done with this game, which is a real shame ‘cause I was having fun up until this.

The only movement abilities I have are dash and wall jump

You can get out in the same room you came in

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
You can turn the lamp on or off cause it's a cute little detail you mother fuckers!!!!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Knorth posted:

You can get out in the same room you came in

I came in by being dropped several screens into a pool of water - are you sure?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I can't believe Captain Todd doesn't have gyro aiming for the cart level.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hollow Knight Grimm Troupe talk: Nightmare King what in the gently caress :stonk:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
If you fell into Deepnest from Fungal Wastes then you can just get back the same way. If you fell into the hot springs then I mean, I guess you fell into Deepnest from Deepnest? There's a few different ways out, might be tricky without the map/lamp though

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cojawfee posted:

I can't believe Captain Todd doesn't have gyro aiming for the cart level.

It does in handheld mode.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

SeANMcBAY posted:

Am I the only one that turns the headlamp off and on depending on if it’s actually a dark level or not?:ohdear:

I think your lamp reveals the hidden coins and golden mushroom sprouts in stages, you should leave it on unless there's a reason to turn it off

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Knorth posted:

If you fell into Deepnest from Fungal Wastes then you can just get back the same way. If you fell into the hot springs then I mean, I guess you fell into Deepnest from Deepnest? There's a few different ways out, might be tricky without the map/lamp though

Ah, yeah I don’t have the lamp. There was an area that was totally black that I didn’t explore. I ended up making my way to King’s Station and took the stagway from there. I’m so glad that I didn’t hit a brick wall!

E: oh yeah I did a lot of falling and wtf-ing before I found the bench/spring and got my bearings

Achmed Jones fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jul 16, 2018

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Oh my god I can't imagine deepnest without a lantern

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I played the Switch demo and found the blue dot really distracting. Did I miss the way to toggle it off while playing docked?

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

RZA Encryption posted:

I played the Switch demo and found the blue dot really distracting. Did I miss the way to toggle it off while playing docked?

Captain Toad? I prefer it undocked because the dot goes away and you just used the touchpad instead.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Achmed Jones posted:

Ah, yeah I don’t have the lamp. There was an area that was totally black that I didn’t explore. I ended up making my way to King’s Station and took the stagway from there. I’m so glad that I didn’t hit a brick wall!

E: oh yeah I did a lot of falling and wtf-ing before I found the bench/spring and got my bearings

Lol I'm glad you got out at least. Good luck out there little bug

https://twitter.com/temp0_rubato/status/1018317647727898624

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Maybe they shouldn't offer these MMX games a "simple" mode

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

RZA Encryption posted:

I didn't find one. I just decided to play it handheld because the cursor was pretty drat annoying.

It would be nice if there was a button to toggle it off and on for when you need it. But I guess we need that for a headlamp.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I'd prefer having the cursor all of the time because I hate touch screens. Forcing you to use touch in handheld mode means that I will never play handheld.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Bayonetta 1 and 2
Donkey Kong tropical freeze
Captain toad

That is my running list of games I own on wiiu, and have gone back to upon their re-release on switch.

Hey Nintendo, thanks for helping me out with my backlog, suckers!!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1018711450737504256

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1018711685715058688

https://twitter.com/RyanCJW/status/1018712004494688256

Hurry up before they shut this down. Apparently you can keep stacking the various 15% off coupons on top of each other. I pulled the trigger at 2 but apparently 2 more have been revealed. I'd imagine they'll cut this off pretty quick.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
If you ever get stuck in Hollow Knight you can just close the game and when you open it you'll be back at the last bench you saved at with all the stuff you collected since you last saved.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

American McGay posted:

Hurry up before they shut this down. Apparently you can keep stacking the various 15% off coupons on top of each other. I pulled the trigger at 2 but apparently 2 more have been revealed. I'd imagine they'll cut this off pretty quick.

Balls. Wish I wasn't at work to do this. I need to use my Target credit card anyway before they shut it off.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Expect a lot of pricing errors tomorrow as other retailers try to counter-program Amazon Prime Day

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

American McGay posted:

Just preordered Pokémon for like $20 with this.:lol:

On second thought though, maybe it would have been smarter to get something that’s already out before they cancel it.

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

Toaster Beef posted:

If you just walk away without killing him, he turns up later and thanks you for not doing the deed.

Oh noooo... I didn't need to hear that. I already did the deed. :( (Hollow Knight chat.)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Looks like these codes didn’t work for me just now

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Steve Yun posted:

Looks like these codes didn’t work for me just now
They're text codes, in that you have to text the code to a phone number and then it'll reply with a link to the actual coupon code. They very well may have shut them down though.

https://twitter.com/milesdyson/status/1018718590739140608

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah there is no way in hell these are going through unless you are on like the east coast and get a store pick up before the fix the poo poo.

There is a dude someplace that just got the call to start canceling 1000's of orders lol.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Hopefully my order with only two 15% codes stacked and local pickup slips through the cracks. :ohdear:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

I couldn't get two 15% to stack but got one and the $20 off $50 to stack on Doom switch bringing it to $27 after a small filler item.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I did Hyrule Warriors for store pick up at $17. I’m sure they’ll cancel before I get there tomorrow morning though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I ordered new Smash Bros and Mario Tennis Aces. Doubt the order isn't canceled but we will see.

• Locked thread