Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did the Ghost of Roddy Piper tell YOU?
This poll is closed.
What a Scotsman wears under his kilt 7 8.05%
Where to get bubblegum 6 6.90%
To put on the loving sunglasses 37 42.53%
Incoherent drunken rambling. Beautiful incoherent drunken rambling :shobon: 37 42.53%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I know Hunter is almost as bad as Vince but I wonder if he gets so mad at Asuka's booking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Tonight you were complaining the most during a time when like 95% of the thread were laughing and enjoying themselves though - like the one time during the show people were legit having a blast watching it

I don't get you

It's not that hard. I found the show lovely AND the crowd unfunny (if impressively dedicated). Two bad tastes that went worse together! It's not that complicated.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It's not that hard. I found the show lovely AND the crowd unfunny (if impressively dedicated). Two bad tastes that went worse together! It's not that complicated.

So it’s okay for you to do that but not anyone else.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

People pop for a good product, even for wwe. The threads were very positive when Smackdown had just done the brand split and was putting on killer shows. Bad shows have bad threads, good shows have good ones, people still pop for good things on bad shows (see anytime Seth Rollins shows up)

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Your complaint was the negativity ruins it for you and during that time you were the only one really being negative and might have been bumming other people out

do you see why that's hard to understand

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

So it’s okay for you to do that but not anyone else.

No? I'm not saying the crowd wasn't within their right or even that it didn't make sense. I just found what they chose to do incredibly grating and it lessened my enjoyment out of one of the only good matches on the card (until the end which holy poo poo). Nor am I saying that the thread wasn't within its right to enjoy the crowd. I'm just baffled by people thinking it was funny rather than obnoxious.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Rollins vs ziggler was extremely boring and the end was extremely stupid.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Your complaint was the negativity ruins it for you and during that time you were the only one really being negative and might have been bumming other people out

do you see why that's hard to understand

Literally everyone was negative on the show as a whole so it's really not the same thing but it's close enough that I at least get your point.

This show managed to make me feel bad for Dolph Ziggler. Ain't the crowd's fault either. Creative sent Seth and Dolph to the wolves.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jul 16, 2018

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Can someone please post the results and review why it was so poo poo?

This is the first PPV I've completely missed in 13 years. WWE is pretty garbage now

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

projecthalaxy posted:

Things that were good tonight:

Almas won
The B-Team won
Randy punching Jeff in the nuts was funny
The Mickie/Alexa/Nia assembly line spot was funny
Mickie James, in general
The chokeslam off the cage was cool
The two last matches had some neat spots

It had like 90 minutes of solid wrestling out of 5 hours.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I like the B Team winning, at least. :)

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

fart blood posted:

I know Hunter is almost as bad as Vince but I wonder if he gets so mad at Asuka's booking.

Hunter, while bad at times, is nowhere even close to Vince in terms of how lovely and bad he is.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Alan_Shore posted:

This is the first PPV I've completely missed in 13 years. WWE is pretty garbage now

The short version is Carmella beat Asuka again, both the US and SD Tag Title matches were bait and switch (or close), and nothing happened other than Shinsuke beating Hardy in a MITB cash in-esque match, Lashley beat Roman clean, and the loving B-Team won the Raw Tag Titles.

I'm gonna admit I don't "get" The B-Team. I just don't. Glad other people enjoy them.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Waffleopolis posted:

I like the B Team winning, at least. :)

Same. I'm a sucker for goofy comedy tag teams getting a run. Hopefully WWE doesn't wear them out. Also a shame it was at the expense of Matt Hardy.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Your Taint posted:

Is there video of the crowd doing the buzzer noise?

The match, literally every 60 seconds

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
https://streamja.com/5KzN

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Alan_Shore posted:

You answered your own question

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Literally everyone was negative on the show as a whole

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Only saw the Rusev v AJ match and the iron man match so the PPV was good from my perspective I guess

D.N. Nation posted:

man maybe the main roster product has broken me, but I thought the PPV was mostly fine, worlds better than Backlash.

projecthalaxy posted:

Things that were good tonight:

Almas won
The B-Team won
Randy punching Jeff in the nuts was funny
The Mickie/Alexa/Nia assembly line spot was funny
Mickie James, in general
The chokeslam off the cage was cool
The two last matches had some neat spots

Senerio posted:

B-Team won thus this is the best PPV since Royal Rumble

Those were just a few but

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Holy poo poo that show was trash.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I also just remembered when Brey loving Wyatt was my favorite active wrestler. I'm glad I got better even if my current favorite got murdered by Dragon Lee

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Seriously though:

The_Rob posted:

The best call of the night was Corey asking where you find trash can lids with no handles.

lol

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I can't believe a Roman Reigns vs. Bobby Lashley match with #1 contendership implications was better received than a 30+ minute Seth Rollins match.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
The trash cans with no lids is definitely something that annoys me about wwe hardcore matches. They never feel impromptu or crazy or anything. They have the three allowed weapons that are all placed in the ring before hand, and they barely do anything with them. The whole fun of the hardcore match is that the wrestlers are trying to figure out new ways to hurt their opponent with whatever is available to them. Why wwe is keeping kendo sticks under the ring I'll never know.

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

WWE trains their audience that nothing really matters. Why would they expect crowds to be invested in a 30 minute match?

They don’t care about pushing faces and heels correctly, they piss all over continuity, titles are just props, and the shows are too drat long. Open with the Iron Man match if you want the crowd to be hot for fucks sake. Is it really this complicated?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I can't believe a Roman Reigns vs. Bobby Lashley match with #1 contendership implications was better received than a 30+ minute Seth Rollins match.

Because the agenting was better. Goes a looooong way.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

kinetic77 posted:

WWE trains their audience that nothing really matters. Why would they expect crowds to be invested in a 30 minute match?

They don’t care about pushing faces and heels correctly, they piss all over continuity, titles are just props, and the shows are too drat long. Open with the Iron Man match if you want the crowd to be hot for fucks sake. Is it really this complicated?

Even better is due to all of the things you just said they now they have their 'see, we closed with the poo poo nerds love and that didn't work at all' excuse in their back pocket once again

Imagine that same match with Daniel Bryan in Ziggler's spot

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

How did Carmella win this time? Distraction? Asuka still looking good, right?

Surprised Lashley won clean. Very... Surprised. Did the crowd poo poo all over Roman? Please say yes

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Alan_Shore posted:

How did Carmella win this time? Distraction? Asuka still looking good, right?

Surprised Lashley won clean. Very... Surprised. Did the crowd poo poo all over Roman? Please say yes

Asuka beat up James Elsworth so much she forgot she was in the match and Carmella snuck up and pushed her into the shark cage and knocked her out. It didn't do much to make Asuka look smart.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You can't really blame people at a WWE show for chanting stupid poo poo to amuse themselves when they get a godawful card and you can't really blame people in a WWE GDT for teeing off on the entire experience to amuse themselves when they get a godawful show.

The onus isn't on the person watching to be more receptive to the two or three good things in the mountain of garbage that's been dumped at their door, the onus is on WWE to release a good product. They're the ones that failed to hold up their end of the bargain.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Gumball Gumption posted:

Asuka beat up James Elsworth so much she forgot she was in the match and Carmella snuck up and pushed her into the shark cage and knocked her out. It didn't do much to make Asuka look smart.

The shark cage fell? It's supposed to be elevated above the ring!

How did Ellsworth get out?

These shows are just too long. It'd probably have been better received if it was less than 3 hours with 6 or 7 matches.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Carlisle is right and I became what I hated and was also a hypocrite. Sorry everybody.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i really enjoyed elsworths crash pads and the KO announce table airbag :rolleyes:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah I don't think the Asuka/Carmella feud is over with yet (much to your delight or chargin). Per WWE.com:

quote:

If The Empress of Tomorrow has an eye on more opportunities against Carmella, she may have decided the best way to remove Ellsworth might not be to lock him up, but to take him out.

It's also worth noting that the post show panel threw a TON of shade on Carmella's victory, and she spent time bitching about how Paige abuses her authority.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

VJeff posted:

You can't really blame people at a WWE show for chanting stupid poo poo to amuse themselves when they get a godawful card and you can't really blame people in a WWE GDT for teeing off on the entire experience to amuse themselves when they get a godawful show.

The onus isn't on the person watching to be more receptive to the two or three good things in the mountain of garbage that's been dumped at their door, the onus is on WWE to release a good product. They're the ones that failed to hold up their end of the bargain.

Eh fans should probably be more respectful to the performers in the ring. Buying a ticket for a thing doesn't give you the right to be a jackass to the people doing the thing you paid for.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Strawberry Panda posted:

The shark cage fell? It's supposed to be elevated above the ring!

How did Ellsworth get out?

These shows are just too long. It'd probably have been better received if it was less than 3 hours with 6 or 7 matches.

Oh, Ellsworth pickedthe lock after dropping weapons to Carmella but his pants got caught and they had to lower the cage to rescue him. No, this did not stop the match and everything Carmella did was apparently legal.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Carlisle is right and I became what I hated and was also a hypocrite. Sorry everybody.

Nothing to apologize for dude - burnout gets us all at one point or another

People are burned out by the poo poo they're putting out, you're burned out by the negativity that brings and I think at the end of the day everyone just wants it to be good

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

Oh, Ellsworth pickedthe lock after dropping weapons to Carmella but his pants got caught and they had to lower the cage to rescue him. No, this did not stop the match and everything Carmella did was apparently legal.

I find it hilarious WWE purchased that dumb shark cage and now feel like they have to shoehorn it into matches from time to time.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
The best way for Asuka to neutralize Ellsworth is to woo him

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Strawberry Panda posted:

Eh fans should probably be more respectful to the performers in the ring. Buying a ticket for a thing doesn't give you the right to be a jackass to the people doing the thing you paid for.

It does if it's bad.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
It's worth noting that Ellsworth is likely being written out sooner rather than later. He has a bunch of indie dates coming up at the end of July through October that he hasn't cancelled yet. So if tonight wasn't his write off (it doesn't seem like it), it should happen in the next few weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1018719634055311360

db making sure to get the word out that yes, he did see how lovely the show was tonight.

• Locked thread