Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did the Ghost of Roddy Piper tell YOU?
This poll is closed.
What a Scotsman wears under his kilt 7 8.05%
Where to get bubblegum 6 6.90%
To put on the loving sunglasses 37 42.53%
Incoherent drunken rambling. Beautiful incoherent drunken rambling :shobon: 37 42.53%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Nothing to apologize for dude - burnout gets us all at one point or another

People are burned out by the poo poo they're putting out, you're burned out by the negativity that brings and I think at the end of the day everyone just wants it to be good

That's about the most succinct and eloquent summary possible, yes.

I'd also be just thrilled if NJPW could get an app on XBox One OR Roku OR Amazon Tablets! Jussayin'!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'd also be just thrilled if NJPW could get an app on XBox One OR Roku OR Amazon Tablets! Jussayin'!

There's a way to watch it on roku. You just download tv cast on your phone and you can stream it from there.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'd settle for a decent mobile app, but the NJPW site has gotten much better recently and the Chrome extension is a godsend

Just trying to help :shobon:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Strawberry Panda posted:

I find it hilarious WWE purchased that dumb shark cage and now feel like they have to shoehorn it into matches from time to time.

They sell a toy of it. It didn't show up until they made the toy. WWE is a kids show.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

There's a way to watch it on roku. You just download tv cast on your phone and you can stream it from there.

poo poo that's right! I did see about that. I'll probably investigate it but I need to see how some business stuff (including some up front expenses possibly) shakes out first before I can really slot NJPWW into my monthly budget guilt free.

No, I don't want to cancel my Network sub. :)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Strawberry Panda posted:

Eh fans should probably be more respectful to the performers in the ring. Buying a ticket for a thing doesn't give you the right to be a jackass to the people doing the thing you paid for.

Big Show once flat out said that the performers know the difference between anger at them and frustration with lovely creative.

The optimal solution would probably be to chant "gently caress this booking" or something, but people STILL FUCKIN' CHEER FOR VINCE so I don't think that's happening.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Carlisle is right and I became what I hated and was also a hypocrite. Sorry everybody.

Great, another one of my favorite babyfaces is gonna turn heel. This is Zayn all over again!

MJeff fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jul 16, 2018

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

Big Show once flat out said that the performers know the difference between anger at them and frustration with lovely creative.

See Seth's tweet.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
There were a bunch of people in his mentions after that tweet going "THEY DISRESPECTED YOU :qq:" when like, clearly he got the joke.

On the other hand, one time Seth got genuinely kinda pissed about everybody hating the belt at SummerSlam 2016. That was right after he blew up a dude's arm though, so he was probably just in a bad mood.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
The Miz was holding Bo and Axel back this whole time.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

remusclaw posted:

I can't blame the guy, much as I want to see him in the mix with the people tearing it up outside the E, there is a hell of a lot of money to be made by staying put right now.

Yeah. Much as I'd love to see him in better booking, the E will pay him boatloads of cash and let him get away with a reduced schedule that doesn't involve overseas travel if he wants.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Death will not end that one.

Death will have to sneak up on the Sheik while he's sleeping, otherwise he'll break it's back and make it humble.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jul 16, 2018

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
*finishes extreme rules*

:matters::smithicide:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
on bryan and vinny vinny suggested he wants to write a book on wwe vs their fans in 2018

wwe has reached territory of "death of wcw" and "death of tna" phase

plus that is a good book idea, a company that actively loathes the people who want to like them and does everything to make them go away

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Lid posted:

on bryan and vinny vinny suggested he wants to write a book on wwe vs their fans in 2018

plus that is a good book idea, a company that actively loathes the people who want to like them and does everything to make them go away

They really just want children and bored parents at this point.

I guess that's why the shows are so long. Oh look, the kid's distracted for 6 hours.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Yes hello is Kevin Owens dead?

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...

boar guy posted:

i really enjoyed elsworths crash pads and the KO announce table airbag :rolleyes:

I too want my fake wrestlers to injure themselves for my amusement.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Asuka, once an unstoppable badass, is now Wile E. Coyote.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think I figured out why this show broke me so badly.

It had, IN A VACUUM, a lot of winning or at least solid ingredients. Seriously go with me for a bit here on this:

-You had multiple title changes! In theory that might be exciting.
-Braun killed a man in a fun, unique, pretty spectacular way that was both in character and keeping with the theme of the PPV.
-The stuff with Ronda was loving rad and I won't' hear otherwise.
-Not only was Roman in the middle of the show, he lost! Clean! While working heel! Almost like they knew what the crowd would like and be happy with!
-Finn beat Corbin!
-Asuka beat someone like a pinata!
-The WWE Title went on after Roman! Matter of fact, both the semi main and the main were technically (as in technical skill exhibition) quality outings between smark favorites!
-A gently caress finish in the main event was rapidly reversed to a massive crowd pop!
-They did things such that even when the faces lost, you could easily set up for triumph at Summerslam which is still theoretically a big show! Storytelling I guess!

And yet they wrapped ALL of these positives (except Braun and Ronda which tbh I'll go to bat for no matter what. Yes I liked the Braun thing) in a way that none of those positives matter at all vis a vis the show quality, because if Vince doesn't gently caress one thing up, it's another. And spare me the "HHH is head of creative" thing. If you don't think Vince has his fingerprints all over this stuff you're actively ignoring reality. Like Vince.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm catching up with Extreme Rules and what the gently caress is going on wih Dolph Ziggler's tan?

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Rarity posted:

I'm catching up with Extreme Rules and what the gently caress is going on wih Dolph Ziggler's tan?

He was Here To Show The World that he’d sprung for the deluxe spray tan :v:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
jeff hardy got his balls all messed up real bad the ppv was fine

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Extreme Rules existed and I'll forget it by morning.

They welcomed back Hulk Hogan for a network special where every black wrestler on the roster will get a reaction shot but no one will ask them what they really think about it.

Cool sunday of mainstream wrestling.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MotU posted:

jeff hardy got his balls all messed up real bad the ppv was fine

A genuine, unironic great touch to that already great sequence that I'm not sure anyone noted or not. Shinsuke looked HORRIFIED by what Randy did and I prefer to think it was him being like "Dude, NOT COOL. You don't do that to somebody." because Shinsuke is a delusional hypocrite like that.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
No guys, we need to get rid of Asuka's streak, it means that we can tell so many more storytlines.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

SamuraiFoochs posted:

A genuine, unironic great touch to that already great sequence that I'm not sure anyone noted or not. Shinsuke looked HORRIFIED by what Randy did and I prefer to think it was him being like "Dude, NOT COOL. You don't do that to somebody." because Shinsuke is a delusional hypocrite like that.

I legit lost my mind marking out for the dick stomp. Like I guess I'm just low-brow trash when it really boils down to it. Kinda only half payed attention to the entire PPV because WWE has been mediocre or worse to me lately (and I usually have to work during Smackdown) but like the 3 minutes of respite that segment gave me made me real giddy

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Eh the Ronda thing got kinda weird.

Like you have two very powerful women and Nattie in giant shoulderpads losing the 3 to 2 against five feet of fury and Mickie James without really looking like they came up with a scheme to outwit them.

I felt like the dickstomp was the continuation of something that was put on pause for his surgery and was pleased either way. If Shinsuke is involve I hope there's some snarky promo about how ball blasting is only for obtaining belts not for random grievances.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Shinsuke's love of dick smashing is pure, Orton is only doing it for the money and prestige. It's not the same :colbert:

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Spiderdrake posted:

Like you have two very powerful women and Nattie in giant shoulderpads losing the 3 to 2 against five feet of fury and Mickie James without really looking like they came up with a scheme to outwit them.

I feel like this is the real problem with the way they book Alexa and the root of a lot of the Bad Triple H Years comparisons: It's not that Alexa ever really does much to outsmart or outplan opponents, but rather that she projects some sort of plot immunity field whereby everyone who opposes her either becomes inexplicably stupid in her presence and falls for the same poo poo she's been doing for years or is Bayley and abruptly decides wrestling isn't what she wants to do after all, for some reason.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Rarity posted:

No guys, we need to get rid of Asuka's streak, it means that we can tell so many more storytlines.

I mean it’s been a higher quantity of storylines. Sadly they’re about as good as the 4th game of thrones book.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
So how long until TV deals are profitable enough that WWE starts having actors in the crowd, to get the reaction they want?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

So it’s okay for you to do that but not anyone else.

Now you're getting it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lid posted:

Goddamn I would love to read this

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Rarity posted:

Well, to be fair to the WWE, they really couldn't tell this story with Asuka still holding a win streak now could they?

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
WWE right now is a dog that ate an entire bag of tater tots and got really sick and threw some of them up and is trying to re eat them now even tho it’s too many tater tots for one dog

You see, the tater tots represent talent

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Tomahawk posted:

You see, the tater tots represent talent

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Writer Cath posted:

So how long until TV deals are profitable enough that WWE starts having actors in the crowd, to get the reaction they want?
If it means Stunt Grannies and those bemused models TNA padded the shows with, I'll fund it myself.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Carmella is probably the most inexplicable booking decision I have ever seen

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Writer Cath posted:

TNA have done this but it wasn't from bring profitable. I guess it depends on what counts as an actor/performer/plant eg stunt grannies or child tag team partners

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Rarity posted:

Shinsuke's love of dick smashing is pure, Orton is only doing it for the money and prestige. It's not the same :colbert:

Regardless, they can find common ground in the hatred if Jeff Hardy's testicles

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Idea: to improve the shows, have a planned segment every week where the New Day and Ember Moon and John Cena and so forth come out to the ring and talk about what anime means to them. Have this instead of lashley segments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

projecthalaxy posted:

Idea: to improve the shows, have a planned segment every week where the New Day and Ember Moon and John Cena and so forth come out to the ring and talk about what anime means to them. Have this instead of lashley segments

Hosted by Brennan Williams

• Locked thread