Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

##vote bif

Good case I'd buy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

King Burgundy posted:

Can you re-quote your totally good cases for me? I'm lazy.

No but basically I said bif's posting looked scummy to me and everyone except him gave me hi fives and hailed me as the never lynch town hero, I still have the key to the town.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
if everyone could raise your right hand, that'd be great

now everyone who is scum, please lower your hand

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

It's a very small key.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Beetphyxious posted:

It's a very small key.

It's not the size of the key that matters, but the way you turn it in the lock

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Bifauxnen posted:

but what about Nep-Nep!

Let me look at Nep!

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Alright, did a read, and basically everything we have circles around Anidav. I don't find Anidav's claim in and of itself to be scummy--it's pretty believable, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Exodia in the game, but I wish he could've been more upfront about it. It's not really lynchworthy in and of itself, but it's enough that I'm keeping him on my mind.

Khris Kruel has a less awful avatar now, which is nice. He jumped hard on Anidav, which is fair, except that his posts were about as opaque as Anidav's. I could kind of see what Yami's saying, that he's deliberately misreading Anidav to play up a town mistake and force a mislynch, but at the same time I can see where the misunderstanding would come from. I think I'm probably being a bit overly generous though because I'd feel bad D1 turboing him two games in a row.

I don't like Anpu trying to make a no-lynch look like a reasonable option, jokephase or no. It's just a bad move by town.

I've liked the tone of Yami's posts, but I'm going to have to give another pass to really look at substance in detail.

Sorry, it's late, I've spent way too much time on the road today, and I didn't get much sleep last night either.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Asiina posted:

This is a sudden turn around??

Because I decided maybe anidav was being truthful.

I don't know much metawise with ani. I feel like this is dumb.

I can't see how exodia would be anything other than a red herring if not an outright lie from Ani.

The only thing that gave me pause was that he crumbed and posted in a manner leading up to claiming that substantiated his claim. Like it flowed logically in his posts as he pressed and questioned other players.

Now this could all be a bullshit distraction, but I felt better about him and worse about KK as a result of it and didn't have the time to explain it all, because I was heading out to go do things.

Also KK, as pointed out, has committed known scum tell of misrepresenting what a player has said to cast them in a more negative light.

The side wincon being an example, it's a clever way of wording what ani actually said.

Granted what ani said is suspect as poo poo and I'm still skeptical about it. Xad read it the way about 2/3 of the thread read it.

So.... that is why I changed my vote.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
The one way I can see Exodia working is if it's just a win for whoever gets it, specifically, like Jester or Lyncher, and once you assemble it you're just out of the game with a win and you don't care about anything else.

If we want to verify it we could lynch Anidav, but I don't think it's valuable enough info to lynch for.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

The Lord of Hats posted:

The one way I can see Exodia working is if it's just a win for whoever gets it, specifically, like Jester or Lyncher, and once you assemble it you're just out of the game with a win and you don't care about anything else.

If we want to verify it we could lynch Anidav, but I don't think it's valuable enough info to lynch for.

But then aren't we lynching the person we need for that?

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

So having reread Anidav's posts, I misread what he was saying. To be clear, I thought they said that only scum could win with the exodia cards, and that his separate win con was to keep that from happening, which is nonsense since that's the same thing we would be attempting to do.

##unvote

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
I really do wonder if Anidav hasn't just read into his flavor way too deeply, or if he really does have actual mechanical knowledge of exodia.

He says it's the second, but... it's Anidav. I really would not be surprised if it isn't just his flavor text being "You're Gramps and you want exodia falling into the wrong hands", and he setup speculated his way here. Sounds crazy, but... anidav.

KK could still be possible, not entirely off my radar yet, just not on the top spot as before.

Also AA's swing is weird as hell, especially given how I literally asked him for a read on KK before and he was needlessly cagey about it. Don't like that one at all. Kind of reminds me of Mord's scum play in persona, where they were ridiculously cagey about something until they had their content constructed. Has the same artificial feel to it.

##vote Anomalous Amalgam

I think one or more out AA, KK, and Anidav is scum. Right now I think AA's the most likely.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I have actual knowledge. I am not assuming flavour. You have my word.

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

I have opened your two eyes. I have opened your mouth with the instruments of Anpu...

Anidav posted:

I have actual knowledge. I am not assuming flavour. You have my word.

You are like a man drawing a little dotted line across his neck at an executioner convention.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Sharing info is killing myself? Sure.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anpu posted:

You are like a man drawing a little dotted line across his neck at an executioner convention.

That convention is to die for.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

It's got a killer guest line-up

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
The only way we'll know for sure about Exodia is if someone starts running around yelling "I GOT AN EXODIA PART! I GOT AN EXODIA PART!"

And even then

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yami Fenrir posted:

Also AA's swing is weird as hell, especially given how I literally asked him for a read on KK before and he was needlessly cagey about it. Don't like that one at all. Kind of reminds me of Mord's scum play in persona, where they were ridiculously cagey about something until they had their content constructed. Has the same artificial feel to it.

##vote Anomalous Amalgam

I think one or more out AA, KK, and Anidav is scum. Right now I think AA's the most likely.

Hmmm.

##vote AA

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Beetphyxious posted:

It's got a killer guest line-up

i'mma vote for the people who don't laugh at my jokes from now on

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Where are the players though.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Because I decided maybe anidav was being truthful.

I don't know much metawise with ani. I feel like this is dumb.

I can't see how exodia would be anything other than a red herring if not an outright lie from Ani.

The only thing that gave me pause was that he crumbed and posted in a manner leading up to claiming that substantiated his claim. Like it flowed logically in his posts as he pressed and questioned other players.

Now this could all be a bullshit distraction, but I felt better about him and worse about KK as a result of it and didn't have the time to explain it all, because I was heading out to go do things.

Also KK, as pointed out, has committed known scum tell of misrepresenting what a player has said to cast them in a more negative light.

The side wincon being an example, it's a clever way of wording what ani actually said.

Granted what ani said is suspect as poo poo and I'm still skeptical about it. Xad read it the way about 2/3 of the thread read it.

So.... that is why I changed my vote.

This is a lot of words that seem to contradict each other and also don't explain your change in opinion either.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Asiina posted:

This is a lot of words that seem to contradict each other and also don't explain your change in opinion either.

I thought it did! I was excited and everything. I was like Asiina finally understands my janky put together parlance.

In short because I speak AA-ishly.

Ani claimed something unbelievable.
I jumped on it.
KK jumped on it.
After arguing with Ani about it and seeing what other players had to say. I felt maybe they were telling the truth and KK looked worse so I voted him.

Compare with original explanation and this should still ring true.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Anidav posted:

Where are the players though.

I’m here

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I see the confusion. I still hold conviction for ani. This is true. Don't trust him. Trust kk less. Ani tells partial truth methinks

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Ani looks like a 3p who admitted they could impede scum. KK looks like a nervous scum trying to remove a 3p. Most clear explanation.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Nah I'm town. Investigate me tonight if there are cop cards.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Anidav posted:

I believe you, but I’m not a fan of requesting an investigation

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anidav posted:

:thunk:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

b-minus1 posted:

I believe you, but I’m not a fan of requesting an investigation

Why wouldn't I want my name cleared so we can move on from such a diversion?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Ausmafia know how I can often tall tale my way to victory and it is a precaution that will follow me into every Mafia game so the quickest way to clear that mud is to actually investigate me.

Or kill me but hey. I like to live.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anidav posted:

Ausmafia know how I can often tall tale my way to victory and it is a precaution that will follow me into every Mafia game so the quickest way to clear that mud is to actually investigate me.

Or kill me but hey. I like to live.

Are you undermining your exodia claim right now, because if so... you should die and not waste a night of investigation.

##unvote

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Nah I'm just saying I don't want this game to be a loss because scum kept me around and convinced a bunch of half lurker townies I'm 3p when I'm not.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anidav posted:

Nah I'm just saying I don't want this game to be a loss because scum kept me around and convinced a bunch of half lurker townies I'm 3p when I'm not.

Well see no one is convincing me if that, you phrased your post weird and it implies that at a glance. Without clarification I would have assumed you crumbed 3p.

3p doesn't mean anti town either.

It's just you claimed that you tell tall tales, and it really reflects poorly overall...

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Forgot to do this earlier ##vote khris kruel

See ya’ll day 2

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Lots of lurking even with time zones...

:thunk:

They can't all be scum, can they?!

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I did a dumb and am now incredibly tired

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
The game is coming close to 12 hours before day end. This means that lurker guns will be in effect today.

Postcount list D1.

Dancer 1
50 pounds of bread 2
IcePhoenix 3
The Lord of Hats 4
Iron Chef Ramen 4
Xad 6
SalTheBard 7
Mr. Humalong 7
King Burgundy 9

*Lurker Gun Clear Zone*

Monathin 10
Jeabus Mahogany 10
Zyxyz 11
give head or get dead 12
Nep-Nep 13
b-minus1 14
Asiina 17
Anpu 25
Khris Kruel 34
Anomalous Amalgam 38
Yami Fenrir 42
Bifauxnen 42
Anidav 60
Beetphyxious 76

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Anidav posted:

Why wouldn't I want my name cleared so we can move on from such a diversion?

i shouldn't even have to mention this, but obviously if you're godfather you would love it if the cop wasted an investigation on you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm gonna put down my gut ##vote Khris Kruel for now and get some sleep. Will hopefully be up for deadline.

Minorly sus of: AA, Anpu, ghogd

Not in the right frame of mind to look at Bif's Nep-Nep argument to see what I think of it.

Day 1 is hard

• Locked thread