Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Marquis de Pyro posted:

That's what makes it fun to me. Why can't a match just start with a first move phoenix plex or end in a double count out because both guys keep running into the ring post forever

me and hulkamatt had a last man standing match in svr 2006. he was morishima i was samoa joe. match starts, i whip him to the outside, hit a suicide dive, we're both down for 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

In 2K18 this afternoon I was doing a Brothers of Destruction vs KOSZ tag match and I won when I whipped Undertaker into the barricade at the 5 count, he got up at 8, then just didn't walk into the ring and I won by countout. Hooray for me.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

ok that Taker/Arquette match was loving incredible. better than anything on this year's WM.

e: gently caress YES MISAWA VS RUSKA

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Agreed, and Ruska/Misawa Brawl For all! This might be in the running for show of the year!*

*Or number whatever behind every G1 show anyway

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jul 15, 2018

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Once again, nL discover things

https://clips.twitch.tv/FreezingSpicyEndiveAMPEnergy

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Fire Pro Arena is down after the owner lost internet access for "legal reasons"

Those reasons being that the owner was the CP king of Warwick, Rhode Island

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1018690891991613443

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

Luigi Thirty posted:

Fire Pro Arena is down after the owner lost internet access for "legal reasons"

Those reasons being that the owner was the CP king of Warwick, Rhode Island

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1018690891991613443

Freaking yikes. Fire Pro websites going all the way back to the mid 90s burn bright and crash hard (literally in FPC's case). I didn't even grab the mod suite yet. :smith:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Yeeeesh, I feel extremely dirty for using that forum now.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
steam forum has the mod suite i think???

Takuan
May 6, 2007

The FPWArena discord has been in meltdown mode since 8pm last night trying to figure out how to salvage the site and also how to distance themselves from the owner. Apparently he hadn't been an active member of the community in years and just paid for the hosting and domain registry.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

I've considered joining the server, but yeah, it may be for the best to wait until things cool down a bit.

I know stuff like the mod suite was hosted off site, but a bunch of guides and tutorials were also posted on the forum itself. Would really suck if those are permanently lost.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

projecthalaxy posted:

I'm excited. The other thing I think is hilarious is how everyone hangs out backstage, which is fine, and my Universe constantly has Akam and Rezar palling around with me, which is rad, but since everyone backstage is in their entrance gear. they decided to chat with me while wearing their full faceless riot masks.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Haha, I haven't gotten that one yet. I did get Fan Favorite Tommaso Ciampa telling me the best way to make it in the business was to network backstage and be friendly. They did give Bray a long meandering thing about whether i will side with the gods or the demons though, which worked.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
The worked shoot stuff of the WWE 2k career could be interesting if the writing wasn't so terrible and if they went all the way with it. Nothing you do in the game feels any different then your average RAW or Smackdown. Which I guess is the point but when the average show is really terrible that's not what you should strive for. I'm not saying the games should revert to beating up construction workers or anything but the current games are really bland and I don't expect 19 to be different.

It's on the same level as the "Brock isn't willing to drop the title!" poo poo right now really.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I do love the peek behind the curtain when you finish your debut storyline on the main roster and then the producer dude is like "look, creative has nothing for you, but if you go beat up somebody backstage for no reason, you might get some screentime next week." Like, thats WWE's choice. That's how they decide to portray themselves.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

CascadeBeta posted:

The worked shoot stuff of the WWE 2k career could be interesting if the writing wasn't so terrible and if they went all the way with it. Nothing you do in the game feels any different then your average RAW or Smackdown. Which I guess is the point but when the average show is really terrible that's not what you should strive for. I'm not saying the games should revert to beating up construction workers or anything but the current games are really bland and I don't expect 19 to be different.

It's on the same level as the "Brock isn't willing to drop the title!" poo poo right now really.

I for one welcome the return of chucking construction workers and other wrestlers off high things into water or traffic.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

So it looks like the Fire Pro community is now set up here: http://www.criticalclub.com/

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dishwasher posted:

Freaking yikes. Fire Pro websites going all the way back to the mid 90s burn bright and crash hard (literally in FPC's case). I didn't even grab the mod suite yet. :smith:

Fire Pro forums are how Excalibur and Super Dragon met. Without them, PWG never happens.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

PunkBoy posted:

So it looks like the Fire Pro community is now set up here: http://www.criticalclub.com/

any relation to the crucial crew

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
Well, I guess I'm porting my Fire Pro stuff over to the new forum. loving hell, I donated to that guy's gofundme and now I'm just so angry.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

GAME Pro Wrestling! Live @8:05 EST
-Last week saw newcomer Gilgamesh crowned as the first PCGP World Champion after an epic Chozo Warfare Match
-Tonight we have a double main event: Dracula & Ganondorf vs THE DOOMSLAYER & Duke Nukem and The Returners defend their Co-Op Championships against Chun-Li & 2B
-Plus, Solid Snake vs Majima Goro
-Tracer takes on Faith Connors
-Megaman in his first singles match against Kirby
-Frank West vs Captain N
-Sub-Zero vs GATO
-All this and more, at GAME Pro Wrestling!
https://www.twitch.tv/gameprowrestling

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
CPU generated worker.

"Virginia Loynes"

......mean parents, that.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Just tried my first online match on wwe 2k18. We were doing Rollins vs Eddie Guerrero at World Class and about 3 minutes in, the turnbuckles just deactivated. Couldn't climb them, couldn't walk around them on the apron, no interactions. Cool glitch imo

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Pretty cool that they put Bill Watts mode in imo

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

projecthalaxy posted:

Just tried my first online match on wwe 2k18. We were doing Rollins vs Eddie Guerrero at World Class and about 3 minutes in, the turnbuckles just deactivated. Couldn't climb them, couldn't walk around them on the apron, no interactions. Cool glitch imo

I'm awaiting the day when the next WWE offering is just the phrase 'No Refunds' in an empty case.

And the day everybody decides to buy it anyway.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

ChrisBTY posted:

I'm awaiting the day when the next WWE offering is just the phrase 'No Refunds' in an empty case.

And the day everybody decides to buy it anyway.

But, I heard that empty case was really good this year! Maybe it'll be better next year..! :homebrew:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Dishwasher posted:

But, I heard that empty case was really good this year! Maybe it'll be better next year..! :homebrew:

Listen, if you ignore all the glitches, all the game breaking features, the sloppy controls, and the lack of entertaining modes, it's a good game.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Gonna do a chill stream of some Fire Pro Wrestling World at 4:30 PM EST. Running some AI matches online for fun and possibly some other stuff? You'll be able to check it out here: https://www.twitch.tv/punkboy412

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

wwe 2k18 wasn't bad. it was probably the most i've been engaged with a wwe game since '13. it didn't have anything groundbreaking but i feel like it had juuuuuuuust improved enough over 16 and 17 to be a fun playable game sort of resembling what they advertise it as being. i'm gonna wait for the general consensus from the major caw makers but if 19 is at least as good i'll prolly grab it. the roster the company has also really helps drive its replayability, which makes the product wwe offers right now really fuckin stupid but this aint the topic for that.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

2k18 was the breaking point for me. The career mode is abysmal, with the awful and tedious backstage stuff, and the whoever thought up that you needed to unlock moves and gear through a randomized lootbox system needs to be humbled Sheik-style. Universe is ok, but they added nothing new or interesting to that anyway.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/DavidArquette/status/1021448437558996992

2018’s loving weird, man

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

why would he not talk about the match of the century

Takuan
May 6, 2007

GAME Pro Wrestling! Tonight @8:05 EST
-It’s the SMAAAASH! go-home show.
-Main Event: Sabin Figaro vs Zangief
-Tag Team Match to Build to Singles Matches At The PPV: Gilgamesh & Trevor Belmont vs Mettaton & Bowser
-The Master Robots(R.O.B & Protoman) vs The Super Mario Bros for a Co-Op Title shot
-Scorpion vs A New Challenger
-Nemesis vs Samus Aran
-Rainbow Mika vs Ms Fortune
-Cuphead vs Tina Armstrong
-Star Fox vs Rydia & Inkling Girl
-4-Corner Match: EDF Soldier vs Poison vs Pepita Cola vs Sarita Spritz

Come on down to
https://www.twitch.tv/gameprowrestling
For the best double-fake wrestling show on Thursday Nights!

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

nL are streaming Wrestling Revolution later.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Testekill posted:

I'm in. I so wish MDickie games were as fun to play as they are to watch other people play.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Testekill posted:

rip slip, never forget

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

rip slip, never forget

That which is Slip can never die.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

remusclaw posted:

Move-sets are really badly done in the Smackdown series, and every year I would go through them and fix them. The awesome and enormous rosters of recent years have made this an onerous task, which I actually just straight up decided not to do this year. The game is just not fun enough to want to put in the work.

I think a problem is- I mean in addition to everything wrong with the 2k series- there are finally too many move slots. It takes forever to go through them all and it doesn't actually do enough to differentiate people.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Maxwell Lord posted:

I think a problem is- I mean in addition to everything wrong with the 2k series- there are finally too many move slots. It takes forever to go through them all and it doesn't actually do enough to differentiate people.

Yeah, it almost doesn't matter how the move set is done, because with no adjustable AI, they all use the same move-slots at the same times, pretty much every match. This year they overuse middle rope dives with a stand up taunt for instance.

Edit: Also, you have to pick like 30 something taunts now. It takes for loving ever to do even if you don't' care and mirror as many of them as you can.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jul 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Chris James 2 posted:

rip slip, never forget

Rosemary brought him back from the dead, though

e: stream’s going well