Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

It feels really weird when im not considered a lurker when i usually lurk like a motherfucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I like Nep's case on Bif.

Bif is a player of hubris much like myself, 20, a handful of others and her meta defense of herself is not unexpected, but I do find that Nep's call out for contradiction seems to be on point.

Bif lays into Ani while he is explaining impeding scum in place of catching them(at the time it wasn't clear that he was just claiming "knowledge" of instawin type cards being in the game.)

While simultaneously applying pressure to KK. Ani has this tendency to retreat once the focus shifts off of him, I've seen it a few times now. Once Bif was solidly on KK, Ani was much quieter.

Bifauxnen posted:

well this is what he'd said at the time :

you claimed his side wincon was killing all the scum, which he happened to mention only after that. you seem pretty eager to put words in his mouth.

Here's what I don't like. Anidav actually does say he has a side wincon, why agree that it is a side wincon. I feel like pressure made him adapt the terminology.

Humalong hosed up this way in IcePhoenix's game...

IP didn't spell out alignment in the PMs. It was a big point in the game on multiple days...

Humalong states that their PM says they were town, and then later clarifies that they had to get clarification like us...

While not exactly the same, Ani claims one thing, KK says he claims another that he didn't, but then Ani adopts it? Why would you do that unless you were trying to play into the credibility in the rising heat of the situation.

Bifauxnen posted:

oh to be fair he does sound explicitly 3p here:

just seems like KK was mad jumping the gun on it before then

FWIW, I think Bif and Nep are town. I can see the apparent contradiction, but like I said, Bif is a player of high hubris.

##vote Anidav

I think there was too much pandering in the discussion that wasn't consistent with being strictly vanilla town. His claim is open ended in places that don't make sense mechanically either.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anidav posted:

I'm just using rare cards as a term because if bullshit cards like Exodia are out there (explicitly mentioned in my role pm) then I expect other bullshit from season 1 to be out there too. So the first part is confirmed and the second part about egyptian god cards is my assumption but both were very popular cards from the show so I'd be surprised if they weren't in here as well.

The first part is absolutely correct though. My side win condition is to stop scum from getting Exodia and I think the quickest way to inform people is to tell them that the extra info was in my role pm because it seems clear that only main characters got this tidbit but I'm some vanilla grandfather with no extra powers so I'm the perfect canneey in the coal mine.

He actually admits its a side wincon when beforehand it hadn't been established as something in the game... :thunk:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Then like I said, he undermines himself by relying on his own meta to explain that he lies often to win. I don't like it, don't want to waste an investigation on him he could easily be a scum godfather trying to intentionally get copped.

I'd rather dunk him. If he's vanilla like he says, then he's informed us of a potential imbalanced mechanic and town loses no real utility, also we can evaluate the push, who voted, who didn't vote. Most info IMO.

There's no real use to keeping him around, and he's already offered the most that his character could mechanically.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
AT BEST, he's a scum. We lynch a scum d1 who told weird lies. Good on us.

AT WORST, he's vanilla town. We found out potentially about an imba mechanic unless he's a dirty liar. We get lots of info on the defenses/attacks and non-acting players.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Then like I said, he undermines himself by relying on his own meta to explain that he lies often to win. I don't like it, don't want to waste an investigation on him he could easily be a scum godfather trying to intentionally get copped.

I'd rather dunk him. If he's vanilla like he says, then he's informed us of a potential imbalanced mechanic and town loses no real utility, also we can evaluate the push, who voted, who didn't vote. Most info IMO.

There's no real use to keeping him around, and he's already offered the most that his character could mechanically.

AT BEST, he's a scum. We lynch a scum d1 who told weird lies. Good on us.

AT WORST, he's vanilla town. We found out potentially about an imba mechanic unless he's a dirty liar. We get lots of info on the defenses/attacks and non-acting players.

As much as I don't trust you atm I agree with this. Even if he's VT, the worst case scenario for us, he wasted the function of a VT role by claiming.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

And the claim really doesn't make a lot of sense in several places.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Yami Fenrir posted:

As much as I don't trust you atm I agree with this. Even if he's VT, the worst case scenario for us, he wasted the function of a VT role by claiming.

Sounds like you should trust me more then :)

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sounds like you should trust me more then :)

Hmm...

Nah.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Yami Fenrir posted:

Hmm...

Nah.

That's fair. My first impression for you was one of deceit. It will take time to undo that wound.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

That's fair. My first impression for you was one of deceit. It will take time to undo that wound.

Also you very rudely got me dogpiled in my second or third game.

You jerk.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Yami Fenrir posted:

Also you very rudely got me dogpiled in my second or third game.

You jerk.

I'm only human. :sympathy:

I'll make up for it this game by being awesome until scum realize I'm an s-class threat and send me to the shadow realm.

So... I'm sorry!

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Nep-Nep posted:

I'm a bit late to the party but I have a hard time buying this is a town post. You're right that there are a range of reactions to any read but this false dichotomy that oh town is chill and scum are the people putting effort into analysis is pinging me hard.

Also you lead the vote on Anidav and

These statements aren't wholly at odds with each other but there's something about this that makes me feel like you're distancing yourself from your own vote and stance on Anidav.

##vote Bifauxnen

Re-reading this case on Bif and I don't...really see it? You're claiming that Bif is being contradictory, but in the first post she's explaining that it's weird that anidav is so worried about someone getting all the pieces of exodia since it might not even happen, and then in the second post she's responding to KK trying to frame the whole "if scum gets exodia they win" thing as a 3P goal, which even if it somehow is...stopping scum from winning seems to benefit town imo

I think I'm most suspicious of Nep, AA, and Jeabus rn

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
I'm also starting to worry this will turn into another one of those things where someone does something so game-distorting D1 that we pretty much HAVE to murder them now so everyone will shut up about it

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Xad posted:

I'm also starting to worry this will turn into another one of those things where someone does something so game-distorting D1 that we pretty much HAVE to murder them now so everyone will shut up about it

well, not STARTING to worry, it's already pretty much happening :v:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Oh woops forgot to

##vote AA

he's basically only posted about anidav, switched his vote to KK and then BACK to anidav

Also this last bit is completely untrue. Everyone can draw cards to get more abilities. This game is basically full of JOATs as far as I can tell

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Xad posted:

well, not STARTING to worry, it's already pretty much happening :v:

Is that a bad thing? D1 is usually a poo poo fest of bad jokes and unwarranted suspicion compounded by lazy votes at deadline.

In this case:
A player has claimed extra mechanical knowledge that doesn't vibe with OP beyond theme.

Some characters may get special cards, not info. I mean it doesn't exclude the possibility of info entirely, but it seems like ani is relying on the flavor to substantiate having this external knowledge about the game.

That same player has revealed their role in a way that is not only awkward and clumsy, but requires some suspension of disbelief.

A. He claims the info
B. Claims no extra ability
C. Confirms he does have a side wincon when KK states that he has one! This is huge.
D. Admits to lying often as a ploy to win.

Anidav has proven that he cannot be trusted and his flip will tell us a good deal about the game state and potentially some mechanical details. It's a good dunk.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Xad posted:

Oh woops forgot to

##vote AA

he's basically only posted about anidav, switched his vote to KK and then BACK to anidav

Also this last bit is completely untrue. Everyone can draw cards to get more abilities. This game is basically full of JOATs as far as I can tell

Yes, but is this a logically sound plan of action? Let someone whom you don't know for certain their alignment, whom has also drawn inordinate amounts of attention to themselves and also has made nigh unbelievable claims, to carry on wasting night resources to validate them??

Seems p. Dumb.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

You know what, I just realized:

AA wasn't nearly as friendly with people that were suspicious of him in persona.

Scum AA confirmed, buddying up 'n stuff.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Not sure if AA is reaching here or if it's a genuinely good reason to dunk Anidav. Hesitant to call AA scum at this point, but definitely worth a watch.

It's my day off and I'm still waking up, but I do find Anidav's backpedaling and then even posting that his usual MO is to make insane fakeclaims to keep himself alive extremely suspicious. Pinging scummy for me.

Bif is in full cornered animal mode and lashing out at anyone who so much as mentions her which is amusing. Would be hilarious if she is scum, but she's probably paranoid town superstar.

KK went hard on Anidav and it was a shaky argument with a couple good points mixed in. I think he wouldn't have this many votes if people didn't have the bad taste of his previous game (and avatar) in their mouths, but he's still pinging scummy to me.

Nep-Nep manufactured a case on Bif that is weird, definitely a scum ping or at least confused town.

Binus and Anpu voting for a no lynch is still bizarre. I probably missed the part where they claimed to be joking, I haven't re-read the first few pages recently.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

In this case:
A player has claimed extra mechanical knowledge that doesn't vibe with OP beyond theme.

actually the Exodia idea makes perfect sense imo, it's the fact that Anidav makes this very straightforward flavor idea seem so drat confusing that frustrates me. Even if he really is just vanilla town explaining himself badly, he could be drawing lots of innocent townies into needless conflict and accusations with each other when they're just failing to interpret his tea leaves the same way.

This is why even though I think it's quite likely he can just be town Anidaving it up too much, I wouldn't actually mind if the vote went his way.

but of course, what I would prefer is to:

##vote Nep-Nep

buuuut that lurker list is also quite shameful

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

There are a boatload of lurkers in this game, myself included. Really hope we get to hear from them and N20 doesn't end up modkilling half the game. Worth a mention is that Dancer has made exactly one post and it was them kind of siding with KK but not really?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

My weekend's been a bit hectic with podcast work, I'll try and make some commentary and cases here soonish. Apologies for the delays.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

The lurker problem is self resolving. I'm all about killing lurkers, but tomorrow the highest posters will get guns to kill them and then we can have a discussion about that/etc.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

actually the Exodia idea makes perfect sense imo, it's the fact that Anidav makes this very straightforward flavor idea seem so drat confusing that frustrates me. Even if he really is just vanilla town explaining himself badly, he could be drawing lots of innocent townies into needless conflict and accusations with each other when they're just failing to interpret his tea leaves the same way.

This is why even though I think it's quite likely he can just be town Anidaving it up too much, I wouldn't actually mind if the vote went his way.

but of course, what I would prefer is to:

##vote Nep-Nep

buuuut that lurker list is also quite shameful

You're adorable :allears:

King Burgundy posted:

The lurker problem is self resolving. I'm all about killing lurkers, but tomorrow the highest posters will get guns to kill them and then we can have a discussion about that/etc.

Oh wow, I forgot that's how he's handling it. Me good mafia player.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Actually Humalong has the right of it. My case on Bif was manufactured to a degree. I came into the thread, got caught up, saw there was a lot of two-way between Anidav and KK and I wanted to poke Bif to see:

1. How she reacted
2. How others reacted.

Now, I'm not saying I didn't believe in my case. It wasn't a complete fabrication, but I stressed some points a little harder, particularly the part where I voted.

I don't think anybody has strongly agreed or disagreed with my case or her counter case, but I'm bothered by AA's reaction to it. "Having a look at this I like this case, but actually I think they're both town, now how about we vote for someone else?" is a stance I've taken before as town.

I think AA is a good vote today.

##vote AA

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Humalong posted:

You're adorable :allears:

So I often hear :sun:

out of curiosity, what makes you say that?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Seriously tho, half the game lurking has to be a record for me.

Also, Humalong, could you sum up your Bif case for me? I'm not really seeing it at the moment, but I've also been a wreck all weekend and I'm lagging behind a bit.

Right now I find your insistence that bif is going full corner animal a bit of a reach?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Nep-Nep posted:

I don't think anybody has strongly agreed or disagreed with my case or her counter case, but I'm bothered by AA's reaction to it. "Having a look at this I like this case, but actually I think they're both town, now how about we vote for someone else?" is a stance I've taken before as town.

Maf edit: this should say "is a stance I've taken before as town"

I specifically did this in Myst Mafia.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Oh my god as scum. I was scum in that game. Jeez what is wrong with me lol.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Nep-Nep posted:

I still like the thing we had going at the end.

Pity it didn't last.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

So I often hear :sun:

out of curiosity, what makes you say that?

Your vote on Nep-Nep! I opened up Votefinder and saw you've voted for them three separate times and it's both funny and cute.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Yami Fenrir posted:

Seriously tho, half the game lurking has to be a record for me.

Also, Humalong, could you sum up your Bif case for me? I'm not really seeing it at the moment, but I've also been a wreck all weekend and I'm lagging behind a bit.

Right now I find your insistence that bif is going full corner animal a bit of a reach?

No real case, she's just gone after every person that's mentioned her. I would not vote for Bif today, to make it clear. I'm on the fence between Anidav and AA right now.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Nep-Nep posted:

Yami Fenrir posted:

I still like the thing we had going at the end.

Pity it didn't last.

:negative:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Humalong posted:

Your vote on Nep-Nep! I opened up Votefinder and saw you've voted for them three separate times and it's both funny and cute.

well I mean, the case was so manufactured! got the confession from his own mouth now, even :colbert:

and lol, yeah I was actually about to quote AA saying he liked that case to complain about that

I always always always see AA as scummy though so I'm kind of hesitant to jump in on him this early

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Bifauxnen posted:

I always always always see AA as scummy though so I'm kind of hesitant to jump in on him this early

I'm finding myself agreeing with AA about Anidav and I usually have the same problem, so now of course I'm wondering if he's scum doing a good job of fooling me or not, because I feel like I am easily fooled.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I dunno about other people, but I imagine I won't be the only one who was away from home for the hot weekend. Not easy to be productive when I'm with the gf and without a PC.

So, first things first, I've given this a lot of pondering and decided I should claim this, on the assumption that there are more town powers/cards in the game than scum ones: you shouldn't target me with an action if you don't want it wasted. This obviously may sound scummy, like I'm trying to doge being copped, but I reckon if I were scummy there's only about 5% chance a cop randomly picks me anyway (yes I know a cop wouldn't be doing it "randomly", but this is an approximation), so I don't have a lot to gain by doing this. On the flipside, wasting a genuine town action by accident would be a big drawback. The situation might change in the future, but this is how it is now.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
In the big debate, I find myself holding a firmly anti-Anidav position, primarily because of his (to my eyes) massive backpedal, first claiming he also has an alternative wincon, then reverting to claiming town. I think there's a significant chance that he's 3P, not scum, but even a 3P lynch wouldn't be terrible. If he's scum, that's only a big bonus. Worst case scenario, he's town, and we have actually gained information on the set-up (I'm working here on the assumption that his claims are to be trusted if he's town, and that he didn't speculate that wildly. He claimed to actually have this factual information).

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Anidav posted:

Ausmafia know how I can often tall tale my way to victory and it is a precaution that will follow me into every Mafia game so the quickest way to clear that mud is to actually investigate me.

Or kill me but hey. I like to live.

Why would you even go back and say this. If someone else brought it up, sure, but why are you going out of your way to declare "hey guys, this is what my meta is".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Like, all it accomplishes is dragging us right back onto the argument about you that had sort of died down, and that you claimed you don't want to make us lose the game.

##vote Anidav

• Locked thread