Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dis pioneering new ways to watch anime.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Turns out Dis is short for Distorted aspect ratio

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i love every single thing about this image

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

:chloe:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

I like how Ayasa doesn't even try to deny it, lol.

e; vv :yeah:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Jul 16, 2018

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lemon-Lime posted:

I like how Ayasa doesn't even try to deny it, lol.

yeah this hsow is just, about lesbians, which is cool

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
This bubbly dork... she's good

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
setter dumps: 1

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
The new Free op does the fluttering tracksuit jacket transforms into a soaring eagle thing and it's like no this is the water show, you've got the wrong state

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Flying through the sky is just like swimming through water because both are fluids

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Lol I suppose that's true

Free eds continue to be silly and fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2OUi-Y7wH8

drat, that was about as good as I'd hoped college Free was going to be. It's got a million characters and I guess we'll see how they'll do jumping between them but it's really nice to see Haru having chilled out a bit and bouncing off the others more. Pretty down with the drama if it's going to be mostly about Ikuya having become actual mermaid and swimming god too

Knorth fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Jul 16, 2018

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
This is the Butt season of anime.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Endorph posted:

yeah this hsow is just, about lesbians, which is cool

So does Harukana Receive have volleyball and lesbians and also sometimes there's fanservice (because volleyball is volleyball) or is it more lesbians-as-fanservice and also sometimes there's volleyball?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Waci posted:

So does Harukana Receive have volleyball and lesbians and also sometimes there's fanservice (because volleyball is volleyball) or is it more lesbians-as-fanservice and also sometimes there's volleyball?

So far it's the former.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
how does it compare to haiky- [is justifiably struck dead in an act of god]

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
High Score Girl was pretty good despite the CGI.

Actually having SF2/Final Fight "played" on-screen adds quite a lot over the manga, but I don't think the over the top slapstick really works when it's animated and voiced, it's too jarring.

I'm not sure what's going on with the Western distribution for it, either. According to Crunchy it's apparently premiering in a month or so, so I guess it'll just be 4-5 weeks behind the raws for no reason.

Also the OP is pretty great: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2yMktQ6OUo

Though I wish the artist behind it wasn't an idol group because the band makes really good post-rock, which is always better when it's instrumental: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3BS69jNulk

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Grand Blue and Harukana Receive both have the MCs wanting to get with their respective cousins

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
trying to come up with a cutesy rhyming scheme like kiss x sis but for cousins

cus x suc

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Scheduled to release in 2019
It will feature a new story written by Hasekura Isuna
Character designs by Ju Ayakura.
The main VAs will not change from the original anime series.

Supports Rift and VIVE (at the very least). There will be a non-VR movie version for Windows. Support for PSVR is not certain but optimistic.

There will be English subtitles

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

DisDisDis posted:

trying to come up with a cutesy rhyming scheme like kiss x sis but for cousins

cus x suc

maybe you could start by finding words that rhyme

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Waci posted:

i mean i dont know what you mean by 'lesbians-as-fanservice' but there's some rear end shots and a couple of pervy gags but the lesbianism itself is when the show gets the most serious even more than the matches itself so

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Davincie posted:

Supports Rift and VIVE (at the very least). There will be a non-VR movie version for Windows. Support for PSVR is not certain but optimistic.

Huh

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Space Flower posted:

maybe you could start by finding words that rhyme

cuck x succ

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Davincie posted:

That's...interesting. The fact that they're bothering with a non-VR movie versio suggests to me that they want it to be fairly serious rather than just a cutesy/sexy "hang out with your girl Holo" sort of VR thing, which makes me curious why they felt the need to do VR at all.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Waci posted:

i mean they spend half of episode 2 on volleyball and kanata's anxiety over playing it and the scenes where ayasa talks about her feelings for narumi are treated with even more weight than those parts

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I watched Harukana episode 1 and Narumi's character was really offputting, does she get better in the second episode?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

StandardVC10 posted:

I watched Harukana episode 1 and Narumi's character was really offputting, does she get better in the second episode?

yes

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Harukana's definitely not afraid of some overt fanservice, but yeah it does a good job of siloing most of the fanservice off in its own scenes. Serious character moments and the actual volleyball matches are shot as such - and pretty capably, so far.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I'm becoming tired of the word fanservice but I dont know why.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
rear end and titty shots

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

That's more descriptive.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
as a fan, i love being serviced

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

That's more descriptive.

no its not

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Sharkopath posted:

That's more descriptive.

it's a fine line with the show i feel cuz the free floating boob and rear end bounce shots are probably just Fanservice but the scene where the short girl stares at the tall girl's rear end while altering her bikini and says "it looks incredibly cute and delicious" is Important Gay Representation

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

no its not

It describes the service the fan is recieving.

Checkmate.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

DisDisDis posted:

the short girl stares at the tall girl's rear end while altering her bikini and says "it looks incredibly cute and delicious" is Important Gay Representation
It Do Be Like That

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

It describes the service the fan is recieving.

Checkmate.

theres way mor etypes

• Locked thread