Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

b-minus1 posted:

My take is that Anpu has some result on Beet that implicates him as scum. IMO the only reason that Anpu should claim his role and/or result is if Beet claims first.

i'd be surprised, i reckon anpu would have told us if he had a result tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Monathin posted:

If Anpu thinks I'm scum he should vote me.

Why are you voting yourself.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Max posted:

Time to vote because I’m heading home ##vote beet

hi max, if you have time before lunch i'd like to hear your other scum picks.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Like why do you need to vote yourself to get Anpu to vote you?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
beet aside from anpu who are you suss off?

Anpu posted:

Here’s some wisdom for you: do not fish for my role. It is not to Town’s benefit.

you proposed to claim day 1, so this is interesting

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

I have opened your two eyes. I have opened your mouth with the instruments of Anpu...

Monathin posted:

If Anpu thinks I'm scum he should vote me.

All this says is that Beetphyxious has a more valuable role than you.

Or this is a last ditch effort to divided the vote.

Also you are being uncivil.

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

I have opened your two eyes. I have opened your mouth with the instruments of Anpu...

Atomic Soda posted:

Only in the event of being lynched. Revealing my role would still prove my innocence.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Anpu posted:

All this says is that Beetphyxious has a more valuable role than you.

Or this is a last ditch effort to divided the vote.

Also you are being uncivil.

oh now I'M being uncivil

also jesus christ I'm actively impressed with this level of tunnel vision

##unvote

Max posted:

Like why do you need to vote yourself to get Anpu to vote you?

To not actually be glib about it: I find Anpu's "playstyle", such as it is, incredibly frustrating and a detriment to town and am willing to give my own life to point out how loving bad anpu's read on me is.

Hell if someone has a dayvig feel free, I'm very excited to prove him wrong

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
well that last page got exciting.

i think i'm going to put a vote here ##vote tnl and then go take a shower. i realise this is probably a bad vote for today given all the discussion re: anpu and beet, but gees he's posted not at all. scum letting town eat themselves, maybe.

once piece of meta going around in my head - if i were a watcher i would definitely watch max night 1, cause scum always seem to go for him. there is nothing i can really put my finger on re: his posting atm, but max feels like he's not so much scum hunting as just throwing in comments from the side. flagging some discomfort here.

be back long before deadline.

Monathin posted:

Sober is almost 100% janitor killed, I'd bet significant amounts of money on it

I have basically nothing to lose and everything to gain by showing people how much you're huffing farts so

##unvote

##vote Monathin

put your money where your mouth is fucker

don't do it! : (

anpu, do you have an objection to lunching mona first?

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

Atomic Soda posted:

well that last page got exciting.

i think i'm going to put a vote here ##vote tnl and then go take a shower. i realise this is probably a bad vote for today given all the discussion re: anpu and beet, but gees he's posted not at all. scum letting town eat themselves, maybe.

once piece of meta going around in my head - if i were a watcher i would definitely watch max night 1, cause scum always seem to go for him. there is nothing i can really put my finger on re: his posting atm, but max feels like he's not so much scum hunting as just throwing in comments from the side. flagging some discomfort here.

be back long before deadline.

don't do it! : (

anpu, do you have an objection to lunching mona first?

Only that I am completely certain Beetphyxious is scum whereas Monathin I am less certain of. Beetphyxious is the only vote I am going to make for as long as he is in this game. He is scum. Anything attempting to detract from this just lets a scum stay in the game and I will not entreat with such profanity.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
yeah at this point I'm starting to think that there are some lurking scum. Icephoenix, moat, TNL.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Anpu posted:

Only that I am completely certain Beetphyxious is scum whereas Monathin I am less certain of. Beetphyxious is the only vote I am going to make for as long as he is in this game. He is scum. Anything attempting to detract from this just lets a scum stay in the game and I will not entreat with such profanity.

Do you want to actually state your case in the interests of brevity, here, because you've already admitted you don't have a 'result', so unless you've got an actual case you can summ up neatly

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

B- you accuse me of being lurking scum so often I'm surprised you didn't do it on Persona Mafia.

Are you just playing law of averages figuring eventually you'll hit or do you actually think that?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TNL I was already a little suss on though so that's a good callout imo

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

IcePhoenix posted:

B- you accuse me of being lurking scum so often I'm surprised you didn't do it on Persona Mafia.

Are you just playing law of averages figuring eventually you'll hit or do you actually think that?

hey I thought I was one of the few that usually give you the benefit of the doubt haha.

also idk what im doing right now

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Vote pref: Moat > TNL > IcePhoenix > Anpu > others

Moat case: Stated my original reasons here

He's been riding a beet vote all day that wasn't informed by any Anpu result theories and hasn't really commented on it since. It's a shame he hasn't been active since we found out Apnu was just blowing smoke because I would have liked to see his reaction at the time. He's just riding the sidelines and not doing any scumhunting. Moat you wanna double down on beet at this point?

##unvote

##vote Moat

I should be around tonight but I'll be phoneposting most likely so I won't be able to make a lot of detailed posts.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Atomic Soda posted:

I've tried backing off on posting up a storm like I was day 1 because I think I dominated a lot in a way that hindered discussion and wanted to leave room for people to talk today. I don't know what to say about a watcher watching me or not, but I will say SOMEONE visited me because I received some extra flavor.

Scum picks, and I know people will jump down my throat for this, would be TNL for lurking at the moment. I had Mona and Dancer tied pretty closely to Beet and was interested in seeing how that shook out, but I don't think it's going to happen now.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Mmmmmm I could see Moat.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
yeah im also alright w/ a moat vote, mostly just bandwagons onto beet and hasnt done like anything d2

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm also reaching a point where there are some people straight up not posting anything of substance and I'd rather dunk out people who aren't around then let them continue to exist.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I could see a Moat Vote.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Beet could still be scum, which is why I haven’t unvoted yet. But now I am very interested in what he has to say

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anpu posted:

It is from a read, not a mechanic.

*i can't breathe*

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Moatillata posted:

I'm not gonna be around tonight due to a dinner engagement and then a lecture

Also shame on whoever did that and made my alias permanently beet

If y'all wanna kill me I'll try to get some reads out before but this is really not a a good night as I said above.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anpu posted:

You can but it won’t save you after everyone sees Beetphyxious’s alignment.

fyi you're doubling down on the worst argument of this thread.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anpu posted:

Perhaps I should have lied and said a mechanic for now, but I believe in honesty, clarity and truth.

how is lying ever in towns behaviour. there is really no point to this post whatsoever except trying to prove how faux-virtuous you are. why would you have to try prove that to us?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Monathin posted:

Sober is almost 100% janitor killed, I'd bet significant amounts of money on it

I have basically nothing to lose and everything to gain by showing people how much you're huffing farts so

##unvote

##vote Monathin

put your money where your mouth is fucker

uh what. in what world is self voting a good idea? town/ scum, it's never a good look

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Beetphyxious posted:

*i can't breathe*

You've posted in between him posting that and now, whats the point of this?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Max posted:

he uhhh hasnt

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh no nevermind please don't jump down my throat i was wrong.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i will end u 4 this transgression

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah I read the thing wrong sorry.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

flerp posted:

i will end u 4 this transgression

noooooooooooooo

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Slamburger posted:

I'm probably not voting for beet now bud and I don't think many other people will either at this point. Do you want to at least summarize your case against Beet again if you want to convince people? I'm going to revisit my earlier reads and try and figure out whose at the top of my list since its deadline day and I had settled on a beet lynch and mentally let other people off the hook but thats changed now. I don't think you're at the top since this really feels like bumbling town play but I dunno.

i'd like to point out that i've asked twice for him to resummarise his case and i think monathin has too now. i strongly believe anpu is scum going for the most convenient 'alternative'. i disagree this is bumbling town he has said he carefully considers and constructs his posts and is very measured in his responses. this is a very calculated and exacting move and it has the air of surety that one would only have with a results, yet he doesn't have one.

anpu is scum.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Atomic Soda posted:

i'm super postive anpu is scum, as i've spent the last 48 or so hours laying out argument after argument.

aside from anpu i was also suss on b-minus1 and started a mini case on them, but they're response to anpu's 'no investigation result' case comes across as genuine. but i could be blindsided because it's in my favour too.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Idk what to think right now. It seems insane that scum apnu would play so aggressive this early in the game. Only to admit that his beet tunneling is based on nothing more than a scumread. There has to be another explanation

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

yeah at this point I'm starting to think that there are some lurking scum. Icephoenix, moat, TNL.

a day 2 lurker lynch seems kinda weak

you absolutely don't feel anpu at all?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah I don’t think Anpu is scum, this play is too much for that.

I’m making a gut call ##unvote

##vote tnl
but will switch to moat also if necessary.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Beetphyxious posted:

a day 2 lurker lynch seems kinda weak

you absolutely don't feel anpu at all?

I think Anpu is one of those weathervane players that has a really unconventional style that bucks a lot of assumptions about logical play and draws attention just by being him. He reminds me of Tobbs at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Max posted:

WHAT THE F

Max posted:

Oh no nevermind please don't jump down my throat i was wrong.

oh we cool.

• Locked thread