Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

FCKGW posted:

how the hell are you supposed to eat that salad in that cup?

It has the dressing in there already ( a poo poo ton of it ) so you just shake it around, and then eat the top half with a fork. The bottom half is mostly oil and vinegar, so if you want pickled salad you eat that part too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Peachfart posted:

I have had the polish many many times but never had the Italian sausage sandwich. Probably a regional thing. I will be sad to see the polish go though.

Yeah, I've noticed each region has the dog and one other kind of sausage. Milwaukee, naturally, has Bratwurst.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Mind if I ask what the discount on the Subaru was? I went last night and they said $500 off manuf. price but they never actually showed me the Costco price sheet, so I emailed asking for it. Hopefully they get back to me today

The price sheet is confidential and they powerslam any dealer that lets someone walk off with it (though the better ones will still show it to you). Right now on Subarus it's a pretty hefty number under invoice (i.e. dealer cost) so it's a hella good deal. The only one that isn't is the Ascent and that's because it's super new as of like a couple weeks ago.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

The price sheet is confidential and they powerslam any dealer that lets someone walk off with it (though the better ones will still show it to you). Right now on Subarus it's a pretty hefty number under invoice (i.e. dealer cost) so it's a hella good deal. The only one that isn't is the Ascent and that's because it's super new as of like a couple weeks ago.

I called and asked for them to show me the price sheet and they said it didn't exist so idk what's up. I feel like I should give Costco a call

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I've always had better luck buying at year end and hard negotiating on-lot cars. My last new car, bought in December 2017, was several thousand dollars less than the best Costco auto price. But if you are looking for a really easy transaction and don't want to spend the effort to maximize your pricing (or get uncomfortable haggling), it's really convenient.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Ac went down at work today. As we burned and gnashed teeth a blessing came into my mind... the bionaire commander.

Also got 3 dogs and spread the good word to the unwashed.

PBUC!

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I called and asked for them to show me the price sheet and they said it didn't exist so idk what's up. I feel like I should give Costco a call

For what it's worth, my wife bought a 2018 impreza last November (shamefully not through Costco) and I got her $3000 off msrp. Hopefully that gives you some kind of baseline.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Walrusmaster posted:

For what it's worth, my wife bought a 2018 impreza last November (shamefully not through Costco) and I got her $3000 off msrp. Hopefully that gives you some kind of baseline.

Lol yea it does and tbh the guy I was talking to wasn't one of the listed Costco auto people.

I looked online and the price for my car is lower online that what he quoted me as so I'm going to call the auto program

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Yo they have Hawaiian slices there. Whoa.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
You're never going to get anywhere close to rock bottom using the Costco auto program, that's just the reality. If you're willing to negotiate on actual, on-lot cars (meaning the dealer is bleeding money keeping it on the lot, especially when the new model year is incoming) the Costco price is going to be somewhere between "nothing special" to "very bad deal".

A new car is the second biggest purchase most people make. Be willing to negotiate, target on-lot vehicles, and don't back down. You will be earning literally hundreds to thousands of dollars per hour. Think about that next time you say "well I don't want to haggle..." it's worth your time.

That's why I categorize the Costco auto program solidly in the "doesn't know how to/ doesn't want to negotiate" pile. If you want to leave huge amounts of cash on the table, that's your business. Just understand that you're doing exactly that.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

I made my first trip ever to Costco last weekend. Truly, it is a beautiful place. I got some awesome apple and Gouda chicken sausages, a box of protein bars for half of what they are elsewhere, new swim trunks and enough poo poo paper to build a fort.

Alas, I hit my daily caloric intake, so no Awesome Dawg for me, but I'll return. Too much quality meat and I want me those muffins.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

When you buy the 200$ teddy bear and have to get it home

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Tfw you buy several packs of Costco hotdogs and grill them over a propane grill...

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

The time is nigh. This box has been a part of my life for years. The exaltation I shall feel as I pull the last sheet will be life changing. PBUC

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

TheManWithNoName posted:

The time is nigh. This box has been a part of my life for years. The exaltation I shall feel as I pull the last sheet will be life changing. PBUC

We have a box of cling film from Costco that moved with us 9 years ago.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Huge_Midget posted:

I’d like some honest reviews on those please.

Took a while but finally got deep into both bottles. The blend is super smooth and fairly delicious, the single malt is less smooth with a lot more going on flavor wise but more bite. Between me and a buddy we both preferred the 27 year blend overall because of the smoothness.

All in all not bad for 55$, although I think a bottle of balvenie doublewood is probably still better. The good part about that is Costco is carrying the doublewood now for like 50$. So I’ll know for sure on my next scotch purchase.

Now I’ve been drinking scotch for years but I still wouldn’t try to act like I have any clue what I’m talking about. Usually for me I feel like I can tell a major difference from a 20-30$ bottle vs a 50-60$ bottle. When you go from the 50-60$ to the 120$ bottles the differences are much more subtle if at all. I haven’t bought a 100+ bottle yet that I felt like I enjoyed more than a bottle of doublewood. So take my no-class opinion with a grain of salt.

The blend was real good though.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

In line at food Court, a mother wheels.up her cart with young child.

Mother: We can go to Dunkin and not wait in line
Child: Noooooooo
Mother: *sigh* ok we can wait

The child is blessed, the mother cursed

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I hope you reported the mom to the police

Chatetris
Jun 18, 2012

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Japanese poutine: ¥420.69, nice

looks like it's just regular cheese and not curds.

The Japanese yet again destroy another western delicacy.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Rented a car through Costco.

I see today that the rental car company billed me twice almost twice as much as Costco quoted.

Let's see what Costco Travel does about it when they open, tomorrow...

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

GORDON posted:

Rented a car through Costco.

I see today that the rental car company billed me twice almost twice as much as Costco quoted.

Let's see what Costco Travel does about it when they open, tomorrow...

They will use their long, Costco dick to gently caress them right in the rear end of savings is what's going to happen.

The customer might not always be right, but the member? The member is a God.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

SpannerX posted:

We have a box of cling film from Costco that moved with us 9 years ago.

The clingwrap is loving amazing. I think it's probably lasted us like 5 years so far. To be fair, I don't use the cling wrap a whole lot since I have glass containers I mostly use to store things.

I do buy the precut aluminum sheets because those blades are always garbage and tear awfully, and I'm willing to pay a bit more for not having to deal with that poo poo and just yank em out, and this thing is like an infinite pit of aluminum foil sheets holy poo poo it doesn't end. I've had it for years and regularly pull them out to line my toaster oven's tray and stuff, its loving amazing.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Xaris posted:

The clingwrap is loving amazing. I think it's probably lasted us like 5 years so far. To be fair, I don't use the cling wrap a whole lot since I have glass containers I mostly use to store things.

I do buy the precut aluminum sheets because those blades are always garbage and tear awfully, and I'm willing to pay a bit more for not having to deal with that poo poo and just yank em out, and this thing is like an infinite pit of aluminum foil sheets holy poo poo it doesn't end. I've had it for years and regularly pull them out to line my toaster oven's tray and stuff, its loving amazing.

I used a box of Costco to cling wrap a pallet PBUC

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Colonel Cancer posted:

Tfw you buy several packs of Costco hotdogs and grill them over a propane grill...

The Costco brand dogs are actually better boiled, imo. They retain too much salt when you grill them, which is a shame because grilling is fast and fun.

E: There's no wrong way to enjoy the dog. You do you. Just an option to consider.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Costco employed goons, where the gently caress are the Its-Its? Its the middle of July and I cannot find my 6 pack of oatmeal cookie ice cream sandwiches and you are ruining my summer!! I'm going to have to go to Safeway at this point!

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

They will use their long, Costco dick to gently caress them right in the rear end of savings is what's going to happen.

The customer might not always be right, but the member? The member is a God.

I just called, and the opened a ticket for me, and said it may be about a week before they get back to me.

I also left some feedback, for Budget Rental Car, in Las Vegas.

I don't think they like Costco members. They had a separate line for Costco, and I thought, "cool, express lane." No. The opposite. They had a "first come" lane next to it, and that was constantly cleared before they'd pick the next Costco person. A Costco guy behind me in line got fed up, and went into the "first come" line... and he got through way before me.

I would NOT use Budget, in Vegas, through Costco, again. I let Costco know, today.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The Hambulance posted:

The Costco brand dogs are actually better boiled, imo. They retain too much salt when you grill them, which is a shame because grilling is fast and fun.

E: There's no wrong way to enjoy the dog. You do you. Just an option to consider.

Boiled 2 Costco dogs for lunch, today. So f'n good.

Mustard only, in His mercy.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
At Costco, haven't had a dog in a while. I have a mystery GI issue that makes me throw up if I eat too much. Like, more than a large salad.

gently caress it. PBUC

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Xaris posted:

I saw an elderly couple buy the box of trash bags. I thought to myself "hmm they'll never need to buy more."

Pbuc

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I've had my roll of aluminum foil for like 2 years or something.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I wanted to go to my new Costco's food court but the place is semi-closed to to a fly problem. They constructed their weird net cage thing around the entire food counter to keep the flies out lol

This whole area are dairy farms slowly being turned into new suburban tract housing so it's not an uncommon problem but I don't think they were prepared yet.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Going to a different Costco on saturday, kind of excited.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Going to a different Costco on saturday, kind of excited.

Like trying a new position with someone you love.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

AWarmBody posted:

Like trying a new position with someone you love.

Do different costcos have different things in stock or is it all the same?

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Do different costcos have different things in stock or is it all the same?

The entrance to Costco is a temporal vortex that funnels all who enter to THE Costco. Read your membership pamphlet.

e: mostly it's the regional stuff that will change: beer, some produce, liquor (depending on laws). You'll still find mostly the same kirkland fare, bakery stuff, and name brand items.

killer crane fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jul 17, 2018

Chatetris
Jun 18, 2012
The consensus is that Costco food is better than Ikea's food?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Chatetris posted:

The consensus is that Costco food is better than Ikea's food?

:thunk:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I looked for those naan sandwiches today and didn't see them. But I found pouches that you can microwave of curry lentils and tikka masala or something. I'm too lazy to stand up and walk to my cupboard. I'm going to enjoy those.

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

I've eaten at the Ikea foodcourt in Jerez de la Frontera (Spain) many times, and it was really good. They always had a local entree on the menu, usually roasted pork shoulder (pernil) and it was reaaal good. The meatballs with all the fixins are great, and everyone likes lingonberry.

Ikea hotdogs are also really good, with that Euro mustard and the crispy onions all over them.

Costco is all American baby.

I think these dogs can remain separate, but equal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
you are really gonna piss some ppls off with that post