Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
all LCDs are polarized, it's part of how they work

like flipping the polarizer screen over on a simple calculator and making it white-on-black etc etc

i bet if you tilt your head you'd get the same thing from your tv or laptop screen etc etc etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

yes portrait is appropriate for every single thing except full screen video and i cant believe its not a thing where its like

a) present UI in portrait at every moment

b) unless video full screen and has landscape aspect ratio

how the gently caress ISNT this a thing

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
also landscape fullscreen pics

I presume fullscreen is a special thing that ios can detect coz it shuts off the little bar at the top etc

so how come it cant go landscape at that very moment

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

echinopsis posted:

also landscape fullscreen pics

I presume fullscreen is a special thing that ios can detect coz it shuts off the little bar at the top etc

so how come it cant go landscape at that very moment

because apple is incapable of making good decisions and they are not to be trusted, op. hth

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
drat it I knew that would come back to haunt me

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

echinopsis posted:

drat it I knew that would come back to haunt me

tim's bad decisions haunt us all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

echinopsis posted:

yes portrait is appropriate for every single thing except full screen video and i cant believe its not a thing where its like

a) present UI in portrait at every moment

b) unless video full screen and has landscape aspect ratio

i would settle for a per-app override, managed by the os

• Locked thread