Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Given how much focus even the fighters who have lost have gotten, and that there's a whole storyline going on about people trying to infiltrate the island and such... I'd personally guess that even if Ohma loses a match, that's hardly going to prevent a confrontation with Kiryuu, or vice versa. I've been avoiding looking at the raws so I at least am greatly looking forward to seeing how this whole thing develops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol will the anime end before the English translations reach the end

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
true comedy option is getting a subbed english version before the manga

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jose posted:

Probably.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ideally it will leave an opening for another season later on instead of a filler ending. well, unless the filler ending is ohma and kazzy having a dbz fight, but this world doesn't deserve something that beautiful.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'd rather the anime be one and done since i doubt they'd switch from cg to hand drawn between seasons, and i'm still incredibly skeptical of it being a good cg show in the first place

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Hate-Senpai posted:

I mean Rihito's grip is super strong, it's just that he's sorta lacking on the technique side.

Rihito would do well learning some grappling martial art.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Jose posted:

It's Netflix too, so zero chance on a fire being lit under the fan translaters butts

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://mangadex.org/chapter/414407/1

The Fang...

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Fang lives up to the hype.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Since when was Ohma a cocky jerkball? Yeah, let's wander around throwing shade all of a sudden.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Rian and Julius right?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Hypocrisy posted:

Rian and Julius right?

Julius seems certain and I ain't sure who the other could be but yeah, Rian seems to most likely.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Whoa, who's this cocky upstart? I don't remember his match at all, doesn't seem like a good idea to be provoking these monsters backstage, he might get hurt!

Seriously though how long has it been since we've seen Ohma, feels like ages.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Smdh y’all forgot about ohma’s cool new fighting shorts already

E: they look really good on him

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Got destroyed by my man Okubo.
May he rest in peace

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It was cool to me that Fang stopped pretty quick once he realised he'd won/leveled up instead of mashing Okubo's head

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
Yeah in a real world MMA match that would have definitely gone on for 2-3 strikes more than necessary.

In particular, I am reminded of Curtis Blaydes' recent murder of Overeem which is extremely sick and also gruesome.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mirage posted:

Since when was Ohma a cocky jerkball? Yeah, let's wander around throwing shade all of a sudden.

Ah yes, known not-cocky shonen protagonist Tokita Ohma

Ohma's a good boy who's suffering from brain damage.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

That does make me think they'll be the final if the series is just the tournament and nothing else

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

RareAcumen posted:

Ah yes, known not-cocky shonen protagonist Tokita Ohma

Ohma's a good boy who's suffering from brain damage.

Yeah, okay, good point. I haven't read all the way through in a while. Mostly I was remembering his more low-key personality as he dealt with Kazzy.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
When you're around a man as powerful as Kazzy you have no choice but to show respect.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mirage posted:

Yeah, okay, good point. I haven't read all the way through in a while. Mostly I was remembering his more low-key personality as he dealt with Kazzy.

He ain't got no animosity with Kazzy so he doesn't have to be rude. Plus he respects him greatly. Which is why he refers to him by his full name and stepped in to stomp all over that deal with Penasonic (Or whatever the hair guy's company was called.)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

kazzy did the single most important thing you can do for any shounen protagonist and paid for him to eat

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

the friendship between ohma and kaz is my favorite thing about this manga.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
:( :( :( :(
:(Okubo :(
:( :( :( :(

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

He ain't got no animosity with Kazzy so he doesn't have to be rude. Plus he respects him greatly. Which is why he refers to him by his full name and stepped in to stomp all over that deal with Penasonic (Or whatever the hair guy's company was called.)

oh man which one was the chapter where he asked for like 10 or 25 panasonics or something

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

where the red fern gropes posted:

oh man which one was the chapter where he asked for like 10 or 25 panasonics or something

Chapter 58, going off of Kissmanga.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
"MY GOD HIS TACTICAL DECISION MAKING IS OFF THE CHARTS HOW MANY STEPS AHEAD IS HE PLANNING (no he's actually just an oblivious moron)" is one of my favourite jokes in any comic and I hope it never ends.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

think i'm going to reread all of this tonight

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

where the red fern gropes posted:

Tbf to Kazzy that was some real dumb jargon

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

my reread has reminded me that the extremely fast assassin took 22 seconds to beat the guy who ambushed him on the boat

also lol that the guy tried to get 6 places and ended up with just julius by the end of the first round

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
And he even had him win by pressuring a surrender.
Like, the worlds most inefficient schemer, so far.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pierson posted:

"MY GOD HIS TACTICAL DECISION MAKING IS OFF THE CHARTS HOW MANY STEPS AHEAD IS HE PLANNING (no he's actually just an oblivious moron)" is one of my favourite jokes in any comic and I hope it never ends.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

cosmo vs julius is the match up we won't see i'd like to more than the rest i think

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

JamMasterJim posted:

And he even had him win by pressuring a surrender.
Like, the worlds most inefficient schemer, so far.

He still has some kind of force that infiltrated the island on that boat the security team found so don't count him out yet.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Jose posted:

cosmo vs julius is the match up we won't see i'd like to more than the rest i think

I got you fam.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

kazzy is so pure. sorry to everyone who thought i was linking a new chapter

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I discovered this last week and binge read it. I hope Kiryu and Ohma get together and have many many children together in the final chapter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Only the kure know how to do that