Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is your one stop shop for posting and discussing current events or news in Pro Wrestling. Useful when other threads don’t quite fit or multiple ones would fit.

Some sad news to start the thread off.

http://twitter.com/shinsuken/status/1018827135107117057?s=21

http://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/1018793186993434624?s=21

http://twitter.com/allan_cheapshot/status/1018791464883679232?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va2kJ7Zb4dg

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Saito has such an awesome build and look to him. You’d never mistake him for another guy and he did a lot of fun power moves. Also that match is so peak 1980s AJPW. In that it’s an awesome match and also ends in a count out and/or DQ.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Well, looks like we have more tragic news
https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/1018941577685864452

I know it's maffew, and he likes to exaggerate some botches by saying "x died after botch"

So please, by all means, tell me it's not true, I'll be a happier person for it.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Def a turn of phrase.

https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/1018980546586775552

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So FITE TV is putting together a pretty insane package together for Starcast (the event occurring around all in). While this doesn’t confirm All In being carried by FITE it makes me think it will be. Hell you get a piece of the ring with this package. It’s also going to cost $149.

https://www.fite.tv/watch/starrcast-full-pack/2o6me/

quote:

NOW Only: Platinum Weekend Pass provides access to over 40 hours of content of the full 4-day live programming and, while supplies last, a piece of the actual ring canvas from ALL IN!

This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for fans to claim their piece of wrestling history and take home a piece of ALL IN for themselves.

Also included in the package are unlimited on-demand replays and $20 credit back on the FITE App to use towards a future pay-per-view of choice.

The Platinum Weekend Pass provides a combined value of $344.95, but FITE is offering this unbelievable package for just $149.99.

Available on a First Come First Served basis while supplies last. Order now!

Full schedule:

8/30/2018

8pm EST - The Monday Night War Debate with Bruce Prichard & Eric Bischoff
8pm EST - Elite Karaoke with Marty Scrull
10pm EST - Papa Buck Jam Session
10pm EST - Botchamania w/Tony Schiavone PLUS Stand Up Comedy fromRon Funches & Casio Kid

8/31/2018

11:30am EST - Madusa Unthrottled w/a Panel on Women's Wrestling featuring stars like Gail Kim, Lisa Marie Vachon, and GLOW Founder David McLane
1:00pm EST - What Happened When w/ Tony Schiavone & Conrad Thompson
1:30pm EST - Four Star Summit with the Wrestling Observer & the ProWrestling Torch
3:00pm EST - Empty Arena Match Retrospective w/ Jerry Lawler & Terry Funk, hosted by Bill Apter
3:30pm EST - WrestleCrap w/ RD Reynolds & Friends
5:30pm EST - War Games Retrospective w/ JJ Dillon, Tully Blanchard, Lex Luger & Road Warrior Animal
7:00pm EST - Clockblockers Trivia w/ Macaulay Culkin & Matt Cohen of the Bunny Ears Pod
9:00pm EST - The Roast of Bruce Prichard
9:00pm EST - The Raven Effect
11:00pm EST - Stranglemania with the Insane Clown Posse
12:00 Mid EST - Spend My Days Karaoke w/ Bruce Prichard & Jeff Jarrett

9/1/2018

9:30am EST - The ALL IN DDP Yoga Workshop
10:00am EST - Remembering Andy Kaufman w/ Jerry Lawler & Dutch Mantell, hosted by Bill Apter
12:00 noon EST - X-PAC 1-2-360 Degrees of the nWo w/ Scott Hall & Kevin Nash, hosted by Sean Waltman
12:30pm EST - Total Non Stop Jarrett w/ a Panel on TNA, hosted by Jeff Jarrett
2:00pm EST - PrimeTime with Sean Mooney Presents: Behind the Themes with Jim Johnston
2:30pm EST - Keepin' It 100! with Konnan, Disco Inferno, & Shane "Hurricane" Helms
4:00pm EST - The Death of WCW Panel w/ Eric Bischoff, Kevin Sullivan, JJ Dillon & the Author of the Book, RD Reynolds

9/2/2018

11:30am EST - The Art of Wrestling with Colt Cabana
11:30am EST - Bunny Ears Podcast w/ Macaulay Culkin featuring Stephen Amell
1:30pm EST - Storytime with the Young Bucks
1:30pm EST - Greatest Trivia Rumble w/Many Wrestling Personalities
3:30pm EST - The Lapsed Fan
3:30pm EST - Why It Ended w/Robbie E & Matt Koon

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MazelTovCocktail posted:

So FITE TV is putting together a pretty insane package together for Starcast (the event occurring around all in). While this doesn’t confirm All In being carried by FITE it makes me think it will be. Hell you get a piece of the ring with this package. It’s also going to cost $149.

https://www.fite.tv/watch/starrcast-full-pack/2o6me/

I cannot believe that people are going to spend $149 to watch Marty Scurll do karaoke and listen to Jeff Jarrett talk about TNA.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Agreed, that's worth $200 at least. What a bargain

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

imagine paying that much for anything wrestling related that isn't a very nice seat at a show

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think Conrad mentioned that a far cheaper package without the ring would be coming up.

Back when I had like $200 plus of credit for Fite I could...nah I don’t think I’d even do it then. Maybe the cheaper one. I have to admit some of them do sound cool, just not that much money cool. But hey I can’t hate on them trying to make money off of it.

I do want to know when All In itself will be up for order. I’ve kept $65 squirreled away so I can get that. I can’t imagine the price being more then $40.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jul 17, 2018

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I think Conrad mentioned that a far cheaper package without the ring would be coming up.

Back when I had like $200 plus of credit for Fite I could...nah I don’t think I’d even do it then. Maybe the cheaper one. I have to admit some of them do sound cool, just not that much money cool. But hey I can’t hate on them trying to make money off of it.

I do want to know when All In itself will be up for order. I’ve kept $65 squirreled away so I can get that. I can imagine the price being more then $40.

No, I definitely respect The Elite guys for making that money because I have no doubt people will pay. $40 would still be a bit too much for me if the matches yet to be announced are on the level of the ones already announced.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

No, I definitely respect The Elite guys for making that money because I have no doubt people will pay. $40 would still be a bit too much for me if the matches yet to be announced are on the level of the ones already announced.

I agree, I’m just flexible since all the money I’ve ever spent on FITE with the exception of $10 came from affiliate credits. I’ve probably had close to $400-$500 all told.

I only mention $40 since that’s what IMPACT charges, not that I ever buy it mind you.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jul 17, 2018

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Dave mentioned on WOR that the Sinclair/Tribune merger may be in trouble so it looks like ROH might not be getting more TV.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Surprisingly, Ajit Pai is against the merger and considering blocking it.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

Surprisingly, Ajit Pai is against the merger and considering blocking it.

in other words, they just need to make some additional campaign contributions for midterms

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

in other words, they just need to make some additional campaign contributions for midterms

Also devote more programming to Trump approved news

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It’s apparently going to an admin hearing which is pretty much a deal killer if they don’t reach a newer agreement before hand.

Apparently Sinclair found a way to annoy everyone at the FCC and try and pull some stuff where they could essentially still control stuff they were supposed to divest.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Charles Gnarwin posted:

imagine paying that much for anything wrestling related that isn't a very nice seat at a show

200 is too much for any seat at any wrestling event

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Davros1 posted:

200 is too much for any seat at any wrestling event

What about that throne they used to have at King Of The Ring?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I Before E posted:

What about that throne they used to have at King Of The Ring?

Maybe ... if you also throw in the cost of hiring the guys to carry you

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1019713337062330368

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Was it ever revealed what she tested for? The Japanese term is very broad and could mean anywhere between Ritalin and Meth

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

RealFoxy posted:

Was it ever revealed what she tested for? The Japanese term is very broad and could mean anywhere between Ritalin and Meth

unknown. I've heard her urine tested positive or that she had a substance on her person that tested positive. Could be both. Unlike US media, they tend to be very vague to protect the suspect's privacy.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/allan_cheapshot/status/1020411587595841536

A main stay in the Memphis area, I saw him once at a house show after he had been briefly signed to the WWF.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I mainly remember his never ending feud with Skandor Ackbar. "Outhouse Brown!"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Maybe they spoke too soon:

https://twitter.com/Killerbee1B/status/1020705684344754177

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Hope he pushes on

https://twitter.com/ColtCabana/status/1020731630493880320

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/TheMontyBrown/status/1019029667876044805

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Fake account.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I have no words for how viscerally uncomfortable this makes me

https://twitter.com/AdamCirc/status/1022112109977587712

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

what, its just two pro wrestlers from New Jersey, don't see the issue here

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

is Droz walking now?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If Droz forgives him and is okay with this why would anyone else give a poo poo?

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I don't think Droz ever blamed him in the first place, but I wouldn't be surprised if some terrible people get in line to say poo poo.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

sportsgenius86 posted:

If Droz forgives him and is okay with this why would anyone else give a poo poo?

Its just kind of hosed up that the only thing they have in common for a dual signing is that one paralyzed the other. Like, that is the sum totality of why you would put D'Lo and Droz together in the same sentence and it is kind of messed up that they booked a signing based on that..

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

its not like D'Lo woke up that morning and decided he was gonna paralyze the dude famous for puking on command, jeez.

If anything, it'd make for a funny or illuminating podcast interview.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
A lovely thing happened by absolute freak accident twenty years ago. The people involved don't hate each other and are willing to appear in public together. How the gently caress does that make you uncomfortable?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

coconono posted:

its not like D'Lo woke up that morning and decided he was gonna paralyze the dude famous for puking on command, jeez.

If anything, it'd make for a funny or illuminating podcast interview.

Sure it would, I cannot imagine anyone having a problem with an interview talking about the incident

Its just weird to book two guys to appear together for a signing when the only reason their names come up together is because one crippled the other. Like the implicit reason to put them together for this event, without openly acknowledging it, was the accident.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Sure it would, I cannot imagine anyone having a problem with an interview talking about the incident

Its just weird to book two guys to appear together for a signing when the only reason their names come up together is because one crippled the other. Like the implicit reason to put them together for this event, without openly acknowledging it, was the accident.

It sounds like you have more of a hangup about it then the actual wrestlers from the incident, maybe you just shouldn't go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
wow, Droz is looking as good as he did before the injury

• Locked thread