Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Kane was the best when he debuted. 12 year old me was in awe of someone that could just manhandle the Undertaker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
As someone who started watching late 2002:
-Jericho, first because a local wrestling forum had a ton of Jericho fans, but the Mania match against HBK made me a true fan.
-Loved Heyman's chessmaster hijinks with Brock/Big Show/Angle.
-Also sympathized GM Bischoff since he always got his rear end kicked in the end.
-Hell, I liked even Reign of Terror Triple H for most of the time because many of his opponents (Steiner, Nash, Goldberg) came out of nowhere, acted like assholes and weren't particularly good at wrestling.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I thought Mankind was awesome when his character was a psycho with creepy music

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

What's Rick Martel been up to, after WWE?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

TV Zombie posted:

What's Rick Martel been up to, after WWE?

he went to WCW

it ended poorly

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
I had a Monday Nite Jericho shirt in middle school

I should see if it's still kicking around in a basement somewhere

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

I had a Monday Nite Jericho shirt in middle school

I should see if it's still kicking around in a basement somewhere
I had it in high school. I wish I still did.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
My mom hoards

I'll find mine for you, I hope

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ric Flair

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

exploded mummy posted:

he went to WCW

it ended poorly

Until he got hurt,Martel was a good midcarder for WCW.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

So many careers were ended by freak bumps in WCW rings. Martel, Rick Rude, Ricky Steamboat...

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

DeathChicken posted:

So many careers were ended by freak bumps in WCW rings. Martel, Rick Rude, Ricky Steamboat...

hrmmm all were named rick. i think you are on to something here

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Rude's injury happened in Japan although it was against Sting

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
And the bump was out of the ring!

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

NikkolasKing posted:

Who was the first heel you cheered for and do you remember why?

Razor Ramon, just because he was so different from the other New Gen characters, and I loved the Razor's Edge.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

NikkolasKing posted:

Jake the Snake because he had a snake

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

NikkolasKing posted:

The Outsiders, because they were just so cool, and I was more of a WWF fan, so I kinda bought into the subtext that these were WWF guys invading WCW.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Baron Corbin posted:

Jake the Snake because he had a snake

And the DDT was the best move in wrestling

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

NikkolasKing posted:

Sid Justice because I thought Hogan was in the wrong.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I cheered for Roddy Piper cause he lived where I lived and also he owned

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

NikkolasKing posted:

Mr. Perfect because of the vignettes and the Perfectplex.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

I have been a fan of Ric Flair and Arn Anderson since pretty much day 1. And I totally understand all the Razor Ramon mentions. All those awful goofy gimmicks from the early 90s, and Scott just strutted out there bigger than everybody else wearing all this jewelry and talking slower, because he didn't need to say very much. It really made him stand out. Everyone else just came across like desperate try-hards.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

From a few pages back but:

projecthalaxy posted:

I do mean Joe Coffey. My bad. But also Joe Hendry i guess

Here’s my favourite Joe Coffey match, mainly because I saw it live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuj1p50lHac&t=7605s

Also from that same show, here’s a good Joe Hendry match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuj1p50lHac&t=5210s

Venomous fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Jul 17, 2018

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Gavok posted:

Sid Justice because I thought Hogan was in the wrong.

I am trying to remember timewise heel demolition just before fuji turned on them or sid justice being screwed over by hogan which did I see first.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stealth Tiger posted:

I have been a fan of Ric Flair and Arn Anderson since pretty much day 1. And I totally understand all the Razor Ramon mentions. All those awful goofy gimmicks from the early 90s, and Scott just strutted out there bigger than everybody else wearing all this jewelry and talking slower, because he didn't need to say very much. It really made him stand out. Everyone else just came across like desperate try-hards.

Growing up in the south, I naturally watched more NWA/WCW than WWF, and it was hard for me to watch Hulk Hogan talking about vitamins and poo poo when Flair was on the other show talking about how many hot chicks he had.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I guess the first heels I cheered for was the NWO. I was drawn to wrestling because I saw Nash lawn-dart Rey Mysterio into a trailer in WCW, but I became a huge fan of Sting, DDP, and Goldberg in WCW and I remember because a HUGE Wolfpac fan until the Nitro before Souled Out 1999. The Nitro before I didn't see, but on Tuesday my dad said that Nash and Hall had tazed Goldberg and ended his streak which made me a bigger Goldberg fan. The guys I really pulled for at Souled Out 99 were Wrath, Saturn, and Goldberg. I still don't know why I was such a huge Wrath fan.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RealFoxy posted:

I guess the first heels I cheered for was the NWO. I was drawn to wrestling because I saw Nash lawn-dart Rey Mysterio into a trailer in WCW, but I became a huge fan of Sting, DDP, and Goldberg in WCW and I remember because a HUGE Wolfpac fan until the Nitro before Souled Out 1999. The Nitro before I didn't see, but on Tuesday my dad said that Nash and Hall had tazed Goldberg and ended his streak which made me a bigger Goldberg fan. The guys I really pulled for at Souled Out 99 were Wrath, Saturn, and Goldberg. I still don't know why I was such a huge Wrath fan.

Wrath was alright at times, until Nash killed him.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

NikkolasKing posted:

The Undertaker because Hogan sucked and he can't kill what's already dead.

Then Flair and Roberts for obvious reasons.

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!
Pretty sure mine was Rick Rude. I was a huge Warrior fan as a kid, but for some reason always wanted Rude to beat him.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

With World of Sport starting next week on ITV with a pretty sweet TV deal we might need a thread for discussion. Do you think we'd be better served by a dedicated thread or a general British/European wrestling thread?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Make the brit wres thread

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Would NXT: UK be the domain of a hypothetical BritWres or the NXT thread?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Brit/Euro thread sounds good

e: I mean it's basically guaranteed to be British wrestling plus the occasional "wXw did a thing", but at least the latter would have a more fitting home than the American indies thread.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

1980's Randy Savage, pre-WM3, but this was due to us thinking that he was a good guy since he had the IC belt and for some reason we thought that ONLY good guys had belts.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

frankenfreak posted:

Brit/Euro thread sounds good

e: I mean it's basically guaranteed to be British wrestling plus the occasional "wXw did a thing", but at least the latter would have a more fitting home than the American indies thread.

It would be easier to keep track of WALTER slapping things.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I've started watching OSW Reviews; has anyone ever revealed who the original opening singer was supposed to be, that no showed and got replaced by Okerlund?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

NikkolasKing posted:

For me it was Jake the Snake. He had great promos in a completely different style from everyone else, he had the giant python, and his DDT was treated as the ultimate god-killer move for a long time.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Probably Taker for me. He was this unstoppable monster and I just thought nobody could possibly ever beat him, and that appealed.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
IRS was the first heel i cheered for i think b/c i had glasses and he also had glasses and if he could beat up people and also do taxes than meant i could do those things as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I think if a promotion is going to have weekly things worth talking about, it can have its own thread.

I mean Impact has its own thread.