Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Letterkenny keeps getting better and better and they are actively trying to find a role for every working Canadian actor. Melanie Scrofano keeps popping up, Jay Baruchel had a great little role and I just spotted Cara Gee.

Watch this loving show!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I did, and I thought the quality dropped drastically in season 3 so I stopped!! :(

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You know what, I like all those words (it's not that Will Smith)

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Holy crap this final season of UnREAL is good. I honestly think it's better than the first.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/1019225967645118464

Hahaha Actually I meant to get unbelievably owned and humiliated on TV

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Open Source Idiom posted:

Holy crap this final season of UnREAL is good. I honestly think it's better than the first.

UnREAL is still running? And no I'm not buying that the show was salvageable after season 2.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/1019225967645118464

Hahaha Actually I meant to get unbelievably owned and humiliated on TV

I didn't get tricked, I tricked YOU into tricking me. Check and mate.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That's the same guy John Oliver skewered on The Daily Show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pOiOhxujsE

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MiddleOne posted:

UnREAL is still running? And no I'm not buying that the show was salvageable after season 2.

Yeah the thing is even if s4 is good I would have to finish 2 and watch 3 and just no thanks. I am glad to hear it apparently managed to right the ship at the end, though.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Mu Zeta posted:

That's the same guy John Oliver skewered on The Daily Show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pOiOhxujsE

That's great. The part where he inadvertently argues against drug laws is gold.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Caudlewag/status/1018898041775026181

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

STAC Goat posted:

I think other reports said that he was pretending to be a "disabled veteran" of the US Postal Service. So my guess is that he just did that thing he does where he makes it look one way and she was an idiot who got duped and still hasn't gotten the joke.

So she'll keep insisting it was "stolen valor" and poo poo and the RWM media will repeat that because gently caress the truth.

Sarah Palin is probably just delighted that somebody wants to talk about her.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/themagicorder/status/1019250414342926336

They are making a whole lot of Mark Millar shows.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Neat. 5 titles I didn't give a poo poo enough about to read and not a single one I do care about.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Ew

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Another of Fuller's orphans

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

zoux posted:

Another of Fuller's orphans

lmao he dropped out of that, too? I can't even be arsed to keep up with which projects he leaves any more

Shame. He would have been a good fit for Rice's incredibly homoerotic vampires.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Homoerotic??

Apparently he left because he's irl friends with Anne Rice and her son wrote a treatment and he didn't want to step on that.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

zoux posted:

Apparently he left because he's irl friends with Anne Rice and her son wrote a treatment and he didn't want to step on that.

Rice's son wrote the pilot script, which was completed in May. Fuller quit way back in February.

The dude starts and bails from (or, in the case of Discovery, gets fired) so many gigs I'm starting to wonder if there aren't substance abuse issues involved.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Or he's a guy who works a lot in the SF/Fantasy genre of TV which has notorious production problems.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Escobarbarian posted:

I did, and I thought the quality dropped drastically in season 3 so I stopped!! :(

Yeah s3 was not that great but 4 & 5 went right back to being amazing!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Lurdiak posted:

It shouldn't be. DBZ might've been something only nerds and anti-social teens admitted to loving, but a lot of adults now were little kids when it was on the air, and they were absolutely the target audience.

I've never known anyone who was embarrassed to love DBZ, and honestly I wouldn't want to know anyone who was.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

Or he's a guy who works a lot in the SF/Fantasy genre of TV which has notorious production problems.

I think Fuller is a little outside the mean

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Yeah, he got the boot for wanting something like 10 million an episode for American Gods, which is good but not exactly pulling in the viewers for the channel.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

muscles like this! posted:

Fuller was reportedly an incredible pain in the rear end on Hannibal, he got fired from Discovery because he couldn't get scripts done and was already going wildly over-budget, "quit" American Gods because he didn't get his requested budget increase for the second season, hosed off from Amazing Stories and also hosed off from Vampire Chronicles. That's all in the span of the last, what, three years? And even way back when, he quit Dead Like Me after the first season because he didn't get the money he wanted.

At some point there's a systemic issue.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I swear every time we have this discussion there’s someone who leaps to defend Fuller. I love him but his track record really speaks for itself at this point.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Escobarbarian posted:

I swear every time we have this discussion there’s someone who leaps to defend Fuller. I love him but his track record really speaks for itself at this point.

100%

I love Fuller but I still laugh whenever I think about him wanting even MORE money for American Gods when it was already getting like mid series GoT level budgets per episode.

Like c'mon queen really??

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
At my most optimistic I want to say that Fuller is a guy who values his own vision and the quality of a product that his name is attached to above all else, and he's more than willing to walk if he's told to compromise by a studio. A terrible policy if you want to actually want to get anything done in Hollywood, sure, but commendable from an artistic standpoint.

Until I hear anything that contradicts that I'm just going to operate under that assumption.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I never believe a Bryan Fuller show is real until it's got a confirmed second season.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

gently caress

YES

https://mobile.twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1019236870884974592

The recent comic book series for batwoman is one of the best series DC has done.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

X-O posted:

I never believe a Bryan Fuller show is real until it's got a confirmed finished second season with him still being the showrunner.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Too bad it's a CW show

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Black Lightning is a CW show.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

Black Lightning is a CW show.

As is Legends of Tomorrow, the high bar for comic book television. And if you think I'm kidding you're missing out.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

gently caress

YES

https://mobile.twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1019236870884974592

The recent comic book series for batwoman is one of the best series DC has done.

gently caress yasssssssssssssssss

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Rhyno posted:

As is Legends of Tomorrow, the high bar for comic book television. And if you think I'm kidding you're missing out.

Praise Beebo

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

esperterra posted:

gently caress yasssssssssssssssss

gently caress nooooooooooo

CW isn't the right place for that show.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'd rather it exist on CW than not at all fwiw.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
So, CW is basically Superhero soap Operas: The Network now?

Flash and Arrow have shifted wildly in quality over their last 2 seasons and I'm really wondering how long either can last. Arrow in particular went from possibly the best ever in season 6 to some completely nonsensical directions for season 7.

Legends of Tomorrow is the outright best now since the focus is essentially comedy with a thin veneer of drama rather then the hard dark drama they started with at the beginning with the Hawk people and Savage.

Black Lightning is a great start to a franchise and can stay around if they maintain the quality of the writing. The overall theme of a "retired" hero coming back works a lot better then a origin series, especially if they maintain his focus on improving the community is his capacity as the principle.

Supergirl exists I guess? Season 4 is coming up but I haven't heard anything especially positive or negative about it aside from wedding plotline that went nowhere.

It really depends where they want to position the Batwoman show. Is it going to be charming but then constantly bleak like Flash? Super dark and gritty like Arrow? Or a casual fun romp more in the vein of Supergirl/LoT. Even making it a super serious soap opera like Vampire Diaries it could still do well off the strength of the cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

esperterra posted:

I'd rather it exist on CW than not at all fwiw.

I'm usually down for whatever, but why not put on the the DCTV thingo? This will be 75% relationship drama, book it.