Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Actually no wtf am I doing

##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

flerp posted:

i got an item but i dont trust items in ecco games

What is it

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

b-minus1 posted:

What is it

its a scroll of protection, but it could just as easily be a scroll of blow up whoever i target with it

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Actually for serious though: I think Anpu should be the focus today unless he can conclusively prove he's been acting in towns best interest with his night actions. If not? Dunk him.

Would like to hear some chatter from the lurker choir too, though.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
You know you guys are p rude I said I would not be around for deadline and you try and murder me anyway

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Moatillata posted:

You know you guys are p rude I said I would not be around for deadline and you try and murder me anyway

i just want you to know that u were my 2nd pick, if that means anything

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Also obvious point out is obvious but it's looking more like the janitored kills are an SK

hey ecco having a janitored sk is really mean, jsyk

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I know I have talked some poo poo about anpu but I didn't really think he was scum until his end of day behavior

I mean God drat. No lynching is the most disheartening thing to a town imo.

Altho Mona I am suspicious of you the way you pulled the vote off beet

I have felt p solid on you up until this point but your whole meltdown felt kinda overwrought

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

I have opened your two eyes. I have opened your mouth with the instruments of Anpu...
I want to start today with a very sincere apology to Monathin. Looking back over yesterday I have nothing but shame over my behaviour and conduct, and I came to realise Monathin’s frustration was not only genuine but legitimate.

You may be wondering why I also protected Ice Phoenix, this is because I sincerely believed they were town and when I saw that people who I believed were scum were keen to vote for them, I saw an opportunity to save a town player and buy town some more time.

I know it is a play that people disagree with and I am sorry that it annoyed people. I did what I did because I thought that it was right.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

flerp posted:

i just want you to know that u were my 2nd pick, if that means anything

You have been on my rear end quite a bit and it is making me demote you from my beautiful boy flerp to flerp my somewhat good looking boy flerp

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

flerp posted:

its a scroll of protection, but it could just as easily be a scroll of blow up whoever i target with it

Interesting.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Anpu posted:

I want to start today with a very sincere apology to Monathin. Looking back over yesterday I have nothing but shame over my behaviour and conduct, and I came to realise Monathins frustration was not only genuine but legitimate.

You may be wondering why I also protected Ice Phoenix, this is because I sincerely believed they were town and when I saw that people who I believed were scum were keen to vote for them, I saw an opportunity to save a town player and buy town some more time.

I know it is a play that people disagree with and I am sorry that it annoyed people. I did what I did because I thought that it was right.

Alright, apology accepted, I hope you are actually town so we can nab some coppers and get back to our regularly scheduled bastardry and trickery here. :h:

Do you have any results that point you towards suspicion of anyone right now, Anpu? That's my first question.

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

I have opened your two eyes. I have opened your mouth with the instruments of Anpu...

Slamburger posted:

I'm ready to get rid of Anpu. I felt awful that I couldn't be there for deadline and this guy is like "not gonna hammer, eat poo poo town". Plus the fact that he just wouldn't re-state his case on Beet, guy is like anti-town to the max. Is the simpler explanation that he's scum? I don't know but I feel like there's a reasonable chance. I mean, we can't just let this guy off the hook for the rest of the game for his terrible play.

But I did restate my Beetphyxious case? It may not sound like much but between the meta read and his behaviour I am completely certain he is scum. The likelihood of him being town is zero at this point.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Beet are you sk? You have to tell me, it’s the law

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

Monathin posted:

Alright, apology accepted, I hope you are actually town so we can nab some coppers and get back to our regularly scheduled bastardry and trickery here. :h:

Do you have any results that point you towards suspicion of anyone right now, Anpu? That's my first question.

Potentially, but more in the sense of confirming town than finding any scum. I want to take a moment here though: is Illegally sober back in the game? And therefore will Max be back tomorrow? And if illegally sober is back, what can they tell us about the status effect?

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Anpu posted:

Potentially, but more in the sense of confirming town than finding any scum. I want to take a moment here though: is Illegally sober back in the game? And therefore will Max be back tomorrow? And if illegally sober is back, what can they tell us about the status effect?

They will be back in the same way that the family dog is off visiting other doggies at a farm somewhere.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I sorta forgot I was in this game, reading through the day 2 stuff I missed now.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Anpu posted:

But I did restate my Beetphyxious case? It may not sound like much but between the meta read and his behaviour I am completely certain he is scum. The likelihood of him being town is zero at this point.

I would be very down for a beet vote and I am annoyed that we couldn't get it done yesterday

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Anpu posted:

Sober and Max both appear to be victims of an SK with a self-janitoring, from what I can tell. I don't think they're coming back in that regard.

And confirming who is town can help eliminate people who are scum just as much, so if you have something useful let's hear it.

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

Monathin posted:

Sober and Max both appear to be victims of an SK with a self-janitoring, from what I can tell. I don't think they're coming back in that regard.

And confirming who is town can help eliminate people who are scum just as much, so if you have something useful let's hear it.

Oh. Oh no. That is very bad.

I am quite sure Flerp is town. Flerp that scroll is a genuine item. I’m the one who gave it to you. The reason why Max trusted me was I gave him something similar. With Max gone though my usefulness is all but extinguished.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
alrighty then

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Anpu posted:

Oh. Oh no. That is very bad.

I am quite sure Flerp is town. Flerp that scroll is a genuine item. Im the one who gave it to you. The reason why Max trusted me was I gave him something similar. With Max gone though my usefulness is all but extinguished.

Oh, well, drat, okay. Inventor.

Been a while since I seen one of those.

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

Monathin posted:

Oh, well, drat, okay. Inventor.

Been a while since I seen one of those.

Everyone is mentioning the danger of Ecco items so I believe my last two items are all but worthless.

A dagger, I would have given to Monathin for a one shot night kill.

A mystical crystal orb of power of unknown ability. My plan was to give it to Ice Phoenix as I thought it would be useful, but now it seems likely it is a trap object and I would only give it to Beetphyxious.

What Max noticed was I was breadcrumbimg various items to specific players.

I am still certain Beetphyxious is scum. So I will continue voting for him. But I don’t think my night actions are much use from here.

##vote Beetphyxious

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

##vote beet

I held off on voting earlier in the day yesterday so that beet would not be too close to hammer and it almost cost us mafioso dearly, I will not make the same mistake today. Thank you Anpu for believing in me.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Well, well, well. Who was talking about coordinated behaviours looking scummy yesterday?

And this is off the back of coming out and apologising for last night's no lynch. Oh no he seems so sincere for not wanting to bus his scumbro, who just happens to also be marching lock step with him.

I guess we will gloss over the fact that Anpu claims to have given an item to Max (that Max didn't think was from Anpu anyway) and now Max has disappeared, but yeah let Anpu talk for Max and conveniently control that narrative.

There is no ironicat big enough.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Ahh gently caress it i'm nto going to waste our day 3 on tunneling him again. Im sure as poo poo going to vote Apnu because he's obviously scum, but I'm going to focus on teh rest of the thread today because there is more than one scum player in the game.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

IcePhoenix posted:

##vote beet

I held off on voting earlier in the day yesterday so that beet would not be too close to hammer and it almost cost us mafioso dearly, I will not make the same mistake today. Thank you Anpu for believing in me.

dude you might have to fix this as someone made beet the alias for moatillata

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Thoughts for today:

Anpu. Probably scum. At this point is getting harder and harder to explain his play as awful town and more likely that he's scum. I think the beet push could be a hard bus. I mean, how else do you explain this post:

Anpu posted:

Zero chance? Anpu, based on what? You can't provide any details beyond a "meta" read, his first couple posts when he replaced in, and then him going after you? What meta read are you referring to, you mean Max's meta read of MMT? So, not only are you relying on meta reads which are already pretty sketchy but its not even your own meta read?

So you're drawing absolute conclusions based on the flimsiest reasoning that you can't even state as a case. A town mindset doesn't work that like.

Then the inventions:

Anpu posted:

Flerp that scroll is a genuine item. I’m the one who gave it to you.

Anpu posted:

Everyone is mentioning the danger of Ecco items so I believe my last two items are all but worthless.

A dagger, I would have given to Monathin for a one shot night kill.

A mystical crystal orb of power of unknown ability. My plan was to give it to Ice Phoenix as I thought it would be useful, but now it seems likely it is a trap object and I would only give it to Beetphyxious.

So do you know what your inventions do or not? Or just the crystal? I think you're a scum inventor and you know what these things do.

So anyways, I think this guy is scum. ~~HOWEVER~~ Its certainly plausible this guy is just an awful town player and I've been burned on this line of reasoning before and as beet stated:

Beetphyxious posted:

Im sure as poo poo going to vote Apnu because he's obviously scum, but I'm going to focus on teh rest of the thread today because there is more than one scum player in the game.

There are still plenty of scum (+SK?) in this game and I'm basically going to ignore Anpu for the rest of the game day because he's a distraction at this point. I'll probably vote him but we'll see where we end up. I do believe that he's actually an inventor (scum or town unknown) but that means he's not either of the two killers we need to find. A bunch of the players left are lurky unknown quantities with very little on the record in terms of reads or casework: TNL, Dancer, and IcePhoenix. I think its extremely likely that at least 2 or 3 of these players aren't town. Moat is still my top pick also. I think the priority of the day for all town players should be prodding, harassing, or shaming these four into posting multiple detailed cases on who they think are scum in order to satisfy the bare minimum requirements of playing in this game so the other players can try and glean some sort of alignment reads.

So:

TNL
Dancer
IcePhoenix
Moat

Gimme top three scum picks each with reasons.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Beetphyxious posted:

dude you might have to fix this as someone made beet the alias for moatillata

that's so weird it's also your first alias

##unvote
##vote beeeeeeeeeeet

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Anpu you should give me the crystal I'm not afraid of it

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

IP, why didn't you want to claim when you were close to getting lynched? Do you not claim out of principle or what?

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Or would "I'm a serial killer" not have gone over well?

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

I know exactly what all my inventions do except the crystal.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Slamburger posted:

IP, why didn't you want to claim when you were close to getting lynched? Do you not claim out of principle or what?

Out of principle. It was a bad last minute push.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

So we're on Day 3 now and your vote is on beet, the reasons for which you've given as:

MMT requested a replacement on Day 1. People have brought up that MMT doesn't like playing scum so its a meta read that MMT replaced because of a scum role, and therefore beet is scum.

You haven't commented on any of beet's content. He has 111 posts.

Have I misrepresented anything?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Slamburger posted:

He has 111 posts.

So? Most of that is just arguing with Anpu. Quantity =/= quality.

Slamburger posted:

Nope

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

Slamburger posted:

So we're on Day 3 now and your vote is on beet, the reasons for which you've given as:

MMT requested a replacement on Day 1. People have brought up that MMT doesn't like playing scum so its a meta read that MMT replaced because of a scum role, and therefore beet is scum.

You haven't commented on any of beet's content. He has 111 posts.

I haven’t missed that you’ve multiple times claimed I haven’t done things that I have. Claiming I didn’t recap my case, now claiming I’ve not commented on Beetphyxious’s actual content.

I wonder why you are so focused on making up a case about me. People have pointed out issues with my play style, only you and Beetphyxious feel the need to fabricate new issues.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Anpu posted:

I haven’t missed that you’ve multiple times claimed I haven’t done things that I have. Claiming I didn’t recap my case, now claiming I’ve not commented on Beetphyxious’s actual content.

I wonder why you are so focused on making up a case about me. People have pointed out issues with my play style, only you and Beetphyxious feel the need to fabricate new issues.

do you think slamburger could be scum?

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Anpu posted:

That was directed at IcePhoenix by the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

b-minus1 posted:

do you think slamburger could be scum?

I don’t think scum would do what Slamburger did day one. Slamburger is my current top pick for serial killer, but I’m not interested in hunting down third party roles until we have successfully lynched Beetphyxious.

• Locked thread