Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

spb posted:

He is always injured

This is what happens when you do MMA without steroids. Your body can't recover as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Waroduce posted:

If it's that serious athletes will use a catheder to inject clean piss into their bladders. This requires forewarning of when the test will be and a contact who understands how to insert urine through your dick hole into your bladder.

It's not pleasent.

Played baseball in college new some football and baseball kids who did it. The school learns about your test sometime between 2 to 4 days before hand and will generally turn around and tell the athlete.

USADA does alot of random poo poo so it's probably harder for fighters

today i learned athletes inject piss into themselves for an advantage

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Collapsing Farts posted:

welcome to the machida era

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
25 minutes in a cage with yoel Romero usually results in a moderate to severe case of dead I think whittaker did really well on that front.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlQwXEBAHlN/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1divh0a6vhwr9

quote:

thenotoriousmmaToday I was invited to the World Cup final as a guest of Russian President Vladimir Putin.
This man is one of the greatest leaders of our time and I was honored to attend such a landmark event alongside him.
Today was an honor for me Mr. Putin. Thank you

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

UFC pushing for Khabib v Conor in moscow imo.

Keep kadyrov out of the picture and I'm ok with it. (They won't.)

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Southpaugh posted:

UFC pushing for Khabib v Conor in moscow imo.

Keep kadyrov out of the picture and I'm ok with it. (They won't.)

I mean, if they're doing Moscow that's probably more Putin turf and I don't think him and Kadyrov are exactly buddies, but I also don't know poo poo about Russian regional politics.

I guess Khabib being so high profile inevitably means some Kadyrov bullshit will come along with it.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I still don't understand what the incentive is for them to fight in Russia.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Dan Didio posted:

Donald Trump is a friend of the UFC and a friend of Russia. It makes sense.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Dan Didio posted:

Tax free money from brain dead Slavs.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Dan Didio posted:

I don't think the UFC will give Russia Nurmagomedov vs. McGregor unless Russia outright bribes the UFC with a lot of money (which is possible, I guess) like they tried to get from Hawaii. Even then, they'd have to have the card at an odd local time to make it easy for the US to buy the PPV.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

CRISPYBABY posted:

I mean, if they're doing Moscow that's probably more Putin turf and I don't think him and Kadyrov are exactly buddies, but I also don't know poo poo about Russian regional politics.

I guess Khabib being so high profile inevitably means some Kadyrov bullshit will come along with it.

afaik Kadyrov is putins puppet dictator in chechnya, he'll definitely be floating around.

Its the idea of having a big market of terminally macho men to show punchsports to - They are wanting/hoping that somewhere in the world there'll be the country that is completely MMA obsessed and I think they are hoping that that country is Russia. I think you need to have more of an established middle class to get what they want, they've already tried china and reception has been lukewarm. If they can make a profit on cheap tickets and big events maybe that makes sense?

It seems like a waste of time, it'll just attract russian gangsters and chuds. Key demographic?

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

I'm a chud

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

Collapsing Farts posted:

Oh my sweet child.. that is only the beginning

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Collapsing Farts posted:

you gotta watch out for the ones that just do it for fun

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
i met my hero, sage northcutt, today

https://twitter.com/sagenorthcutt/status/1019362370068492288

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

He really does look like a Ken Doll. One that does heaps of steroids

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Which one is Sage?

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

"Roguelikes"*

*Latest Fad
i like sage northcutt and i hope that he becomes a great fighter without disappearing in a mountain of cocaine

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Foul Fowl posted:

i like sage northcutt and i hope that he becomes a great fighter without disappearing in a mountain of cocaine

I would be stunned if he ever got caught vaping.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Stipe literally beat the potential out of the scariest heavyweight contender of all time. He beat him so bad ngannou, in his own words, "carried the fear" from that fight into his next fight. give him the rematch and put bronk in a cage with a tiger.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
bork versus a plate of broccoli between him and a coors light

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

UFC really seems to think Russia has potential. They signed a deal with M-1 to give their champions a guaranteed option to sign a UFC contract.

https://twitter.com/DenisGeykoRT/status/1019570784518451202

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Keven, dude.... you're done.

https://www.facebook.com/georgesstpierre/videos/10160835402130650/

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
wow congrats to george on conquering the butt issues that impacted his balance

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

GSP has the strongest rear end I've ever seen on a man, dude. You don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
This is why we needed GSP vs Woodley

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

https://twitter.com/oliaubin/status/1019592238811222016

mewse
May 2, 2006

Where can I get a Dirty Frenchman Moustache

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

mewse posted:

Where can I get a Dirty Frenchman Moustache

I know a guy named Sanchez...

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Here's your occasional reminder that women's Flyweight does have a champion.

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/1019628492281954304

mewse
May 2, 2006

Rigel posted:

Who?

UFC doesn't even have rankings for women's 145 :laugh:

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

USADA announced that Anderson Silva will be eligible to return in October.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
im at the point where I don't really want a clean sport. doesn't seem worth It with all the false positives and cancelations. I think if we're concerned about safety we let people use what they need to use and get rid of weight cutting.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Rigel posted:

USADA announced that Anderson Silva will be eligible to return in October.

I dont want to watch him fight anymore but I will

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Anderson Silva coming back is really interesting to me actually because there's a lot of different ways a fight with him can go at this point. You can fight him straight on and it will still probably be pretty difficult, but you could also do any number of things, like kill and eat his pet parrot which will piss him off and make it harder to scout your location, or go out of your way in the marsh to find a sniper rifle early in the game so you can shoot him in his wheelchair on the docks and replacr the fight with multiple GRU search teams. You could even stop playing the game for a few days or set your ps2 clock forward so when you start up next time he's dead from old age. Very compelling, and just in time for Tim Kennedy to come back.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Bluedeanie posted:

Anderson Silva coming back is really interesting to me actually because there's a lot of different ways a fight with him can go at this point. You can fight him straight on and it will still probably be pretty difficult, but you could also do any number of things, like kill and eat his pet parrot which will piss him off and make it harder to scout your location, or go out of your way in the marsh to find a sniper rifle early in the game so you can shoot him in his wheelchair on the docks and replacr the fight with multiple GRU search teams. You could even stop playing the game for a few days or set your ps2 clock forward so when you start up next time he's dead from old age. Very compelling, and just in time for Tim Kennedy to come back.

I can't remember what he's doing in place of trying to end the Hitler menace, but I saw an ad for a new Tim Kennedy tv show over the weekend. Hopefully he is very successful in his current endeavor so I don't have to think about him any more and Hitler can enjoy his retirement in Argentina in the city of Bariloche, just off avenida de los pioneros.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Bluedeanie posted:

I just want you to know that I really appreciated this post.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Rigel posted:

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/1019628492281954304

Oh yeah, that's the time there was a card with a woman named Montana, a woman from Montana (whose family knows my family), and a guy from Montana (who trained at my old gym after I left).

It was an exciting night for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Bluedeanie posted:

Hell yeah brother

• Locked thread