Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Whos too poor? Guy hears about sea of thieves, buys game pass, cant play without gold, sunk cost gets him to buy more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Nice try but no one who actually hears about Sea of Thieves post-launch wants to buy anything to play it.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
A year of GamePass and Gold is a non-trivial amount of money

get EA Access instead

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Mung Dynasty posted:

It's a fine month. Haven't played a fighting game in like 15 years, but at least it's not SMITE lmao

I think maybe Games With Gold and Game Pass might be at odds with each other now, though. They should eliminate (or at least significantly reduce) the XBL fees and then use Game Pass as the subscription service.

I dunno man. Sure I have most of the stuff on Game Pass already from Games With Gold, but then again i've had a continuous gold sub since before GWG started and made sure to grab every single game that was available on it as they came out, even the xbone ones for years before i had an xbone.

I don't think most people have bothered doing that, so game pass and gwg wont have such overlap to them.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Real hurthling! posted:

Whos too poor? Guy hears about sea of thieves, buys game pass, cant play without gold, sunk cost gets him to buy more.

Many such cases!

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
MS-13 is forcing people to buy Gold.,

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Real hurthling! posted:

I don't think many people who want to play multiplayer games haven't heard about Gold after, what, 16 years of existence, constant dashboard ads, and PSN copying the same model.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

We are talking about people that bought a 500 dollar console for ubisoft games

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Really shocked how much I don't miss anything about the Xbox One now that I'm playing pretty much everything on my Nintablet.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

Really shocked how much I don't miss anything about the Xbox One now that I'm playing pretty much everything on my Nintablet.

I wish that some of the the 3rd party game prices were a little more comparable.

I have been wanting to play Wolfenstein 2 and would love to play it on Switch, but it is on sale for Xbox One for $20 vs $60 on the Switch. It will probably be years before it is $20 on Switch. Oh well, Nintendo tax I guess.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

lazerus06 posted:

I wish that some of the the 3rd party game prices were a little more comparable.

I have been wanting to play Wolfenstein 2 and would love to play it on Switch, but it is on sale for Xbox One for $20 vs $60 on the Switch. It will probably be years before it is $20 on Switch. Oh well, Nintendo tax I guess.

Yea it's got pretty nasty early-console-cycle prices for sure.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

And early 2010s style graphics.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

And early 2010s style graphics.

:shrug:

Edgy Bees
Sep 9, 2013
Don’t forget to plug-in an SSD. With a One X, games load super fast this way. The One X is able to use the SSD way more effectively than the One S for sure. With the One X and an SSD, games like POE have loading screens that barely last 3 seconds. Down from about 30 seconds on the One S without an SSD.

a bitchin jetski
Jun 20, 2018

by SA Support Robot

Infinitum posted:

Hello PS4 thread

Here is the Xbox Rewards page

lol

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Rocket League just got added to game pass and I just bought it last week... NoooOooOooo!!!! My ten worthless Canadian dollars could've gone towards half a day's parking at work.

But seriously this is good because the servers were pretty sparse on some modes even with crossplay.

And apparently it will finally get an X update in fall 2018.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
Overlord and Overlord II have been added to BC.

Also the recently-added Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter is on sale this week. That game made me feel like the future had arrived way back in 2006.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

So it looks like Xbox is getting Atelier games now. This one is a town building 20th anniversary game featuring all the major characters from the previous games.

If it's popular enough the recently announced Atelier Rorona, Totori, and Meruru DX games might show up.

E:
https://twitter.com/koeitecmoeurope/status/1017769024241971200

Dehry fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jul 13, 2018

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Dehry posted:

So it looks like Xbox is getting Atelier games now. This one is a town building 20th anniversary game featuring all the major characters from the previous games.

If it's popular enough the recently announced Atelier Rorona, Totori, and Meruru DX games might show up.

E:
https://twitter.com/koeitecmoeurope/status/1017769024241971200

Hahahaha

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
Oh no I can't play the anime titty games 😭

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Vita is life

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For honor or overwatch? I’m looking for a game to play on my rainbow six box

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Overwatch

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

For Honor

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Empress Brosephine posted:

For honor or overwatch? I’m looking for a game to play on my rainbow six box

Banned for the n-word, huh?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I feel like you’d get more mileage out of OW. Literally not one of my Xbox friends plays For Honor but obviously that’s anecdotal.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
It's an ubisoft game that is periodically given away for free or next to free and can't sustain a community. Solve for X.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

That's factually untrue but keep saying it though.

For Honor is at least chill and you can have fun doing dumb stuff even while losing or you can take it serious and enjoy it too.

Overwatch is a sweaty game that is only fun if you're winning and even if you might be good enough to rank high you run into the Xim/M&Kb players. And I hope you have a full team to play with because anything else gets frustrating.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
lol I could have left it at "it's an ubi game you're trying to play online" and anyone without a severe brain injury would walk away.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I’d recommend For Honor, which I haven’t really played much of ever, but Overwatch is the worst video game ever created, even worse than that Atari 2600 game where you rape an Indian woman. Hope this helps, OP.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What if I’m a racist rapist

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Rape, murder, arson, and rape.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Then you'll have a home in Blizzard games but not UBISoft apparently.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For honor was $30 and overwath was $60 I went with for honor

Barudak
May 7, 2007

For Honor is one of the most inventive games of the generation, combining fighting games, 3d spaces, and MOBA elements while Overwatch has “polish” and “a massive playerbase”

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/1019352540087926785?s=21

thanks for the heads-up larry

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Barudak posted:

For Honor is one of the most inventive games of the generation, combining fighting games, 3d spaces, and MOBA elements...

Inventive?
3d fighters have existed for decades, most of them better than this turd.
Mobas are aids

So we got a turd with aids vs overwatch? Yeah i see your point

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Inventive?
3d fighters have existed for decades, most of them better than this turd.
Mobas are aids

So we got a turd with aids vs overwatch? Yeah i see your point

The pieces arent unique but the combination is and the 3d fighter system For Honor uses doesnt have many other predecessors as even lock on arena battlers dont tend to follow its same combat flow.

Theyre both not great games and Id hunch that For Honor will be on the gamepass soon

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

drat 11 new posts I thought a game got announced or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So, Microsoft is going to announce new hardware next month. Interesting.