Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Chatetris posted:

The consensus is that Costco food is better than Ikea's food?

In what sense?

My general feeling is that the IKEA dog is pretty inferior to Costco's in both size and quality, they had a really good full meal menu but the prices have shot up recently and I'm not convinced it's the best deal for cheap good food anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Ikea has the food court and bistro so its two separate offerings.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

It’s two separate and entirely different things. You can’t compare them. They can both be good without competing.

If Costco sold Swedish Style Kirkland Meatballs at the Food Court then game on motherfuckers.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Do different costcos have different things in stock or is it all the same?

I've only been to two Costcos in my life. One in California and one in Nebraska and they seem weirdly similar to each other, except that the food court in California is outside which is badass.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

Costco employed goons, where the gently caress are the Its-Its? Its the middle of July and I cannot find my 6 pack of oatmeal cookie ice cream sandwiches and you are ruining my summer!! I'm going to have to go to Safeway at this point!

Ummm well do you live near where they are produced? Our Costco has them 365 days a year in the frozen section by the ice creams. However if you call the number for the store and speak to them, they will often be able to tell you if/when they'll be available.

The distro for It's Its isn't that large. You can get them in CA and I guess Texas at Costco but no other locations are indicated.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

belt posted:

I've only been to two Costcos in my life. One in California and one in Nebraska and they seem weirdly similar to each other, except that the food court in California is outside which is badass.

Outside food courts are the best. All are welcome. Phone in your pies. Grab em at the side window. No membership required.

Also, when I'm driving around southern California and i gotta take a deuce, i always see if a Costco is nearby because they are always very clean. And the redesigned bathrooms have the urinals that go all the way to the floor, which is simply the superior type of urinal.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Taima posted:

You're never going to get anywhere close to rock bottom using the Costco auto program, that's just the reality. If you're willing to negotiate on actual, on-lot cars (meaning the dealer is bleeding money keeping it on the lot, especially when the new model year is incoming) the Costco price is going to be somewhere between "nothing special" to "very bad deal".

A new car is the second biggest purchase most people make. Be willing to negotiate, target on-lot vehicles, and don't back down. You will be earning literally hundreds to thousands of dollars per hour. Think about that next time you say "well I don't want to haggle..." it's worth your time.

That's why I categorize the Costco auto program solidly in the "doesn't know how to/ doesn't want to negotiate" pile. If you want to leave huge amounts of cash on the table, that's your business. Just understand that you're doing exactly that.

It varies dealer to dealer and brand to brand. On the lot I used to work at Costco is absolutely rock bottom and most people struggled to hit those prices without it. A lot of the 'old school' haggling techniques were long ago spotted by dealers and they will either blow you out or slam you in other areas for trying to one up them.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Do different costcos have different things in stock or is it all the same?

It differs to suit the local population. Some of the "Sardine Goons" were able to get King Oscar Sardines (the gold standard) in their store but many of us are stuck with "boneless, skinless, water packed" garbage. (my mom likes those. They had them on sample one time. Sardines are a whole helluva lot healthier than tuna cans so it's an improvement.)

Other folks in this thread are having problems finding the microwaveable curry hotpockets while the rest of us laugh at them for buying hotpockets and eat the Tasty Bite Madras Lentils retort pouches and costo's Mini Nan bread.

Chatetris posted:

I like that Ikea serves Gravlax. Gravlax and one of those sweet fluffy-nothing cakes, with a coffee, at Ikea is nice.

I hope to use my persuasion this fall to let me get a bunch of farmer's market dill and cure a slab of Costco salmon into gravlax. I'll have to do the 2/3rd sweet, 1/3rd salty method instead of the other way around, but oh well.

MisterOblivious fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jul 18, 2018

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Chatetris posted:

absolutely. ikea has two food courts, one by the checkouts which is like hot dogs and soft serve and pizza andd it's all loving horrendous seemingly stale garbage. i guess the soft serve is ok but the pizza and dog is insanely bad (and its $2!)

the upstairs food court is also pretty bad, i think the only fun thing thats worth getting is the swedish meatballs because hey who doesnt like meatballs, mashed potatoes, and lingonberry? but the meat is probably even worse than hotdog tier meat and ive definitely had offputting seemingly cartilage-crunch in a few of them in the past so i don't really get them. i admit i havent tried everything on the upstairs court menu but a lot of it looks like mushy-meh poo poo.

the good thing about ikea is the free coffee you can get everytime, but last time the coffee i had there (last weekend even!) was some of the most vile poo poo ive ever had, it was undrinkable and words cannot describe it's abomination. i do wish costco would serve coffee, they used to give out free coffee and pastries to members at opening but i haven't seen that in years, i'd take even just being able to buy a cup at the food court for a buck.

e: woops didn't realize there was a new page

Xaris fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jul 17, 2018

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Pennywise the Frown posted:

At Costco, haven't had a dog in a while. I have a mystery GI issue that makes me throw up if I eat too much. Like, more than a large salad.

gently caress it. PBUC

Do you smoke weed and does taking a hot shower help?

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

I looked for those naan sandwiches today and didn't see them. But I found pouches that you can microwave of curry lentils and tikka masala or something. I'm too lazy to stand up and walk to my cupboard. I'm going to enjoy those.

If they were the Madras Lentils in the bags that microwave in 90 seconds those are good and are even better if you pair them with the same type of pouches of Seeds of Change rice. And costco has those too.

Edit: Oh yeah Coscto has Swift Premium Ribs (St. Louis & Backribs) on sale, $4 off per package. Picked up a pack of St. Louis and threw them in the smoker last night. Oh so good.

Trastion fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jul 17, 2018

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

hakimashou posted:

Do you smoke weed and does taking a hot shower help?

I only smoked once I quit drinking a month ago. It caused anxiety. I'm going to try it again. Someone mentioned the George Carlin method of "one and done." I tried that with a vap cap before but it wasn't really enough to get me high so I smoked a little more and just got anxious and not very high at all. I want to try it with a bowl so I get more right away.

Trastion posted:

If they were the Madras Lentils in the bags that microwave in 90 seconds those are good and are even better if you pair them with the same type of pouches of Seeds of Change rice. And costco has those too.

They are! :hfive: I don't like making rice but I have an instant pot coming in the mail soon.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

I only smoked once I quit drinking a month ago. It caused anxiety. I'm going to try it again. Someone mentioned the George Carlin method of "one and done." I tried that with a vap cap before but it wasn't really enough to get me high so I smoked a little more and just got anxious and not very high at all. I want to try it with a bowl so I get more right away.

They are! :hfive: I don't like making rice but I have an instant pot coming in the mail soon.

The seeds of change are rice in a bag just like the lentils. Should be on the same aisle. They are microwave for 90 seconds. great to take one of each to work. I do that and use half of each together one day and then the other half of each the next.

Obviously Instant Pot rice is going to be better but for convenience you cant beat 90 seconds in a bag.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Sounds like the wrong strain of weed too. I'm pretty sure you live in some midwestern illegal state, so it might be hard to find it, but an indica with a nice amount of CBD/CBG might be the ticket. The only issue with this is that it might be rather sedative. High CBD cannabis (not industrial hemp based) is the #1 thing to help my life long digestive issues. Failing on finding specifics like that you should still be able to find CBD isolate online to mix with any herb to add a solid anti-anxiety, anti-spasmodic effect to it.

I just realized there's a quick loop close to me where I can hit up an amazing Thai restaurant, a Trader Joe's and one of the two Costcos in Colorado to have an in-store liquor section. :getin:

BUT NOW I REALIZE IF I HIT UP THE THAI RESTAURANT I WON'T HAVE ROOM FOR A DOG!!! WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

BaconCopter posted:

Sounds like the wrong strain of weed too. I'm pretty sure you live in some midwestern illegal state, so it might be hard to find it, but an indica with a nice amount of CBD/CBG might be the ticket. The only issue with this is that it might be rather sedative. High CBD cannabis (not industrial hemp based) is the #1 thing to help my life long digestive issues. Failing on finding specifics like that you should still be able to find CBD isolate online to mix with any herb to add a solid anti-anxiety, anti-spasmodic effect to it.

I just realized there's a quick loop close to me where I can hit up an amazing Thai restaurant, a Trader Joe's and one of the two Costcos in Colorado to have an in-store liquor section. :getin:

BUT NOW I REALIZE IF I HIT UP THE THAI RESTAURANT I WON'T HAVE ROOM FOR A DOG!!! WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!

DOGS

GO

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

BaconCopter posted:

This is probably the case. I'll have to ask my buddy about it.

btw, I kept the dog down. PBUC

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Dropped a prescription off at the Issaquah warehouse next to Corp. Was a little surprised because the self checkouts are back. We thought those were gone forever.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

It varies dealer to dealer and brand to brand. On the lot I used to work at Costco is absolutely rock bottom and most people struggled to hit those prices without it. A lot of the 'old school' haggling techniques were long ago spotted by dealers and they will either blow you out or slam you in other areas for trying to one up them.

Right! Remember, in all negotiations, to consider the relative experience of the counter parties: the car salesmen do this literally every day, all day long, and you'll do it maybe 5-10 times in your life, *IF* you are wealthy?

All you can do as a consumer is recognize when they are using bullshit tactics on you (leaving you waiting forever while they "go talk to the manager", or that stupid 4 square thing), and call them out on it.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

He was actually asking about a relatively common and underdiagnosed marijuana-associated nausea condition called cyclic vomiting syndrome.

Heavy marijuana users develop this terrible nausea, and it's often helped by a hot shower.

It doesn't seem like that's your problem. Marijuana is NOT a great antiemetic as it contains both THC and CBD, although it's a pretty decent appetite stimulant. CBD alone is thought to have antiemetic properties.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Indicas are a drat treasure for my nausea.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I have CBD oil that I bought (finally allowed in Wisconsin :rolleyes:). I started using it shortly after I started vomiting everything up, so I stopped using it just to take out all other possibilities.

So far quitting smoking has been helping a bit as well. Plus I just don't each much.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Went to Costco today. Got a dog and a drink.

Poured a nice, tall cup of Pepsi. Took a sip and...vanilla?

Apparently my Costco is dispensing unadvertised vanilla Pepsi. Weird.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Taima posted:

Ummm well do you live near where they are produced? Our Costco has them 365 days a year in the frozen section by the ice creams. However if you call the number for the store and speak to them, they will often be able to tell you if/when they'll be available.

The distro for It's Its isn't that large. You can get them in CA and I guess Texas at Costco but no other locations are indicated.

They were in my Washington Costco last year and local grocery stores and Target can carry them

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Phylodox posted:

Apparently my Costco is dispensing unadvertised vanilla Pepsi. Weird.
It's possible they ran short or got a mixup in supply. Wouldnt be the first time someone needed a quick fix or someone asleep at the switch didn't notice the label.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Went to church last night. And there were 20 cars in the lot. Why? Well there was a massive fire just across the street an hour before, and they had to evacuate! Tons of fire trucks, and shaken employees. They closed for an hour, and then re opened for the last hour (as I pulled up) strangest and quietest Costco trip ever. Tempted by their backpacks. Sad they didn’t have Its-Its :(. Would have gotten a dog, but I’m on Keto and don’t want one without a bun.

naem
May 29, 2011

mania for SAVINGS maybe

https://www.sfgate.com/science/amp/hot-dog-mania-episode-beef-jerky-johns-hopkins-13086597.php

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
They finally had the Xbox elite controllers back in stock (for $119 vs the 149 plebs pay) so I got one. It seems nice. Not sure how to use these paddle thingies.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Supreme Allah posted:

They finally had the Xbox elite controllers back in stock (for $119 vs the 149 plebs pay) so I got one. It seems nice. Not sure how to use these paddle thingies.

you can assign the paddles to be the face buttons so you don't have to move your thumb off the stick. I never got used to it (honestly never really tried).

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

I have CBD oil that I bought (finally allowed in Wisconsin :rolleyes:). I started using it shortly after I started vomiting everything up, so I stopped using it just to take out all other possibilities.

So far quitting smoking has been helping a bit as well. Plus I just don't each much.

Isn't Milwaukee taking steps forward to legalize recreational marijuana?

I've been underweight for almost my whole life -- wasn't able to maintain 100lbs even until I started smoking. I went from never feeling hungry/feeling physical discomfort when eating to being a normal weight with a decent eating pattern now.

Last week I went to Costco high, which was perfect for a food court experience.

Which of you goons is gonna make a Costco SA emote? Representation is severely lacking!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

AWarmBody posted:

Isn't Milwaukee taking steps forward to legalize recreational marijuana?

As far as I know the state recently acknowledged that weed exists. It's people and newspapers who keep bringing it up. Not sure if Milwaukee is doing it's own thing. Haven't heard anything about that.

Scott Walker is the governor, so two options. 1) Absolutely not because it would be a good thing. 2) Absolutely would at least PROMISE he will as soon as he gets reelected, but then probably doesn't.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Imagine if costco sold weed.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Not to tarnish the name of all that is good, but it'd probably be lovely Oregon mids.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

BaconCopter posted:

Not to tarnish the name of all that is good, but it'd probably be lovely Oregon mids.

it would be 1440-packs of edibles

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

you just triggered a Costco foodcourt employee

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

You know that Kirkland bud would be good, too

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I dunno if any of you guys are into cheese or if they have it at costcos around the country but here we can get Marin French Cheese Co brie and its just fantastic and a very good price.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

hakimashou posted:

I dunno if any of you guys are into cheese or if they have it at costcos around the country but here we can get Marin French Cheese Co brie and its just fantastic and a very good price.

:yeah: If I'm feeling like getting some fatty fat fancy rear end cheese its Costco or bust.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Squashy Nipples posted:

Right! Remember, in all negotiations, to consider the relative experience of the counter parties: the car salesmen do this literally every day, all day long, and you'll do it maybe 5-10 times in your life, *IF* you are wealthy?

All you can do as a consumer is recognize when they are using bullshit tactics on you (leaving you waiting forever while they "go talk to the manager", or that stupid 4 square thing), and call them out on it.

Sure, but if you take your time, buy right before or even as a new model year is hitting, and target a specific on-lot car that's been there for a while, you can win. The car that I got last year was thousands cheaper than the Costco Auto pricing.

The car had been sitting on the lot, hadn't seen much in the way of test drives, the new model year was about to hit. They played ball to get that car off the lot, and the transaction was actually pretty easy because I had all of the data with me, had negotiated with several dealers beforehand, proposed a reasonable (and very low) number for the car, and made it clear that I would drive away with that car if we made a deal.

No one tried any tricks. No one wasted anyone's time. Just a good transaction that satisfied the dealer's desire for a specific car to get the gently caress off the lot.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

FogHelmut posted:

I'm lazy as hell, so this is the easiest way to do it -

Turn oven to 400
Line your baking sheet pan with foil or parchment
Distribute vegetables on pan
Season with salt/pepper, and drizzle olive oil on them
Put in oven for 15-20 minutes until nicely roasted

just quoting this so I don't have to keep hitting ctrl+f and searching for norman on every page

PBUC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
What do you all use the large jars of pesto for? I keep seeing them, and I'm so tempted to buy it, but I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to use it all