Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
Here's a thread to discuss shows, events and gossip from the White Hot (enough for WWE to counterprogram against it) European wrestling scene.

Most promotions are working with pivotshare for streaming, which is a bit of a cuss if you use a console to watch things on your tv. Not functional on PS4, although doers work on Chromecast.

Companies under discussion and their state of play as of 18.07. There's a bunch of other ones too.

World of Sport
A Reboot of the old ITV wrestling show, this has WWE running a bit scared. It's on in a good timeslot on one of the UK's most popular channels. It'll instantly have more eyes on it in the UK than WWE will. As a result WWE has brought NXTUK plans forward. No talent is allowed to work both WoS and WWEUK events. It's a 10 episode series that is on, to gauge support. Expect NXTUK plans to fold if this doesn't take off

Current Roster: Grado as champ (they were initially more kiddie focused but seem to be going more competition based), Davey Boy Smith Junior Junior, Will Ospreay, Moose, Primate, Joe Hendry, Martin Kirby, Iestyn Rees, Viper, Kay Lee Ray, Bea Priestley, Sha Samuels, Doug Williams, Rampage Brown, Lionheart, Nathan Cruz, Kip Sabian, Robbie X, Adam Maxted, Gabriel Kidd, CJ Banks and Liam Slater

Their show debuts on July 28th.

Progress
Punk Rock Wrestling. One of the bright lights of the recent resurgence in Britwrestling, it's moved from venue to venue, getting bigger and bigger each time. Currently their big show is Wembley. Because of their WWE affiliation (not explicit but talent moves between them) NJPW have pulled Zack Sabre Junior and and Will Ospreay from two showpiece matches for the card. Currently going on a US tour also. Their social media is shocking. Some people think they've gone a bit off the boil since the heady days of the Jimmy Havoc Reign Of Terror. It feels like their booking is being pushed and pulled by their affiliations with WWE\antipathy with NJPW.

Regular Roster includes:

Jimmy Havoc, Flash Morgan Webster, Travis Banks, Chris Brookes, James Drake, Zack Gibson, Mark Haskins, British Strong Style +Imports

Owner(s)‎: ‎Jim Smallman‎; Jon Briley; ‎Glen Joseph

https://demandprogress.pivotshare.com/

Westside Xtreme Wrestling
Germany's biggest wrestling company, and a very decent one too. For their recent 16 Karat Gold tournament, they encouraged indie companies smaller them to organise a multi company show to give WXW fans a view of other domestic companies. They have charismatic stars, long term booking, incredible production values. They don't appear to have much in the way of conflict with WWE, Timothy Thatcher and WALTER are both working in EVOLVE, while Ilja Dragunov, their champion, is working with Pete Dunne in the Wembley Progress show, as a WXW representative. WALTER is also working with NJPW guys. Everyone loves WALTER. Everyone should love WXW. They've got the World Tag League coming up, which is obviously a tag show.

Regular Roster: Monster Consulting, WALTER, Timothy Thatcher, Bobby Gunns, Toni Storm, Ilja Dragunov, Dirty Dragan, Jurn Simmons, Emil Sitoci, Da Mack, Marius Al-Ani, Absolute Andy, Alpha Female + imports

https://vimeo.com/westsidextremewrestling/vod_pages

Over the Top Wrestling
One of the hotter promotions at the moment (also my local one so I'm biased) got hot by pushing Pete Dunne at a time when no one else was to the same extent. Based for the last few years in the Tivoli, the Tivoli is being shut, so they're looking for a new venue which isn't easy. They tend to run dream match cards, but in the last few years have brought up a lot of Irish talent who should be filtering out soon. They've been criticised for social media issues, and not pushing women enough. The cards are excellent, with top name imports and the domestically the Import Killer Jordan Devlin, and Kings of the North. So far they've stayed out of any enmity with any promotion. Pete Dunne from WWE and Minoru Suzuki from NJPW have worked their cards lately.

Current Roster: Jordan Devlin, Kings of the North, Angel Cruz, B. Cool, Katey Harvey, Debbie Keitel, Valkyrie, More Than Hype, Legit 100, Sammii Jayne, Sean Maxer Guinness, Imports.

Their shows are on https://overthetopwrestling.pivotshare.com/

Insane Championship Wrestling
It's Scottish ECW? I have to say, I only saw the one show, where there was a casket match, the two lads fighting went into the casket and the lid closed. Then a chant of 'SHAAAGGGINNNGG' went around the arena, and they got out pretty sharpish. They sell out their shows and have a devoted fanbase, have a bit more blood and violence. Stevie Boy is their champion, Viper their women's champ.

https://icwondemand.pivotshare.com/

Revolution Pro

Andy Q's promotion is heavily NJPW, not so much WWE. Minoru Suzuki is their champion, Suzuki-Gun are their tag champs (defeating Mustache Mountain, which some people believe was going to cause headaches for Andy politically). They have a reputation for dream matches rather than long term build, again I don't know too much on them as they're not in my regular viewing.

http://www.revolutionprowrestling.com/on-demand

If anyone has more to say on any promotion, then have at it imo. I'll change whatever people point out is loving stupid. Hopefully it's at least a jumping off point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Oh, good. Well, here’s something of an effortpost on my local promotion, Edinburgh’s finest:

Discovery Wrestling

If ICW is Scotland’s ECW, Discovery Wrestling is the closest thing we have to NXT. Based around Edinburgh, Disco Wrestling hosts some of the finest indie talent in the UK and beyond every month or so, and their shows are generally really drat good. Their current Y Division Champion is Joe Coffey, one of the finest big men in the country, who’s best known for his recent performance in the WWE UK tournament. Their current Women’s Champion is Sammii Jayne, however she’s unfortunately been injured recently, and she might have to vacate the title at the next show, which is a bit of a bummer. Disco has a weekly free show on Fite TV where they broadcast some of their best matches from the past three years, and it can be found here. Pretty sure they broadcast their live shows through their website as well, but idk how much that costs.

Regular roster includes:

Joe Coffey, Lewis Girvan, Aspen Faith, Joe Hendry, BT Gunn, Chris Ridgeway, Andy Wild, Lou King Sharp, Kasey Owens, Michael Chase, Christopher Saynt, Theo Doros, Jayla Dark, Turbo Josh Terry, Dave Conrad, Deviation, Sammii Jayne, Session Moth Martina, Jackie Polo, Mark Coffey, Gene Munny, Uncle Bobby, Bonesaw, Damien Corvin, Kid Fite, Krieger, and a few more that I’ve probably forgotten.

Disco is in a good position in Scottish wrestling, anyway.

Venomous fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jul 18, 2018

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Who are the top 3, 5, or 10 wrestlers from EuroGraps? Tell this to me and I'll read it

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Venomous posted:

Oh, good. Well, here’s something of an effortpost on my local promotion, Edinburgh’s finest:

Discovery Wrestling

If ICW is Scotland’s ECW, Discovery Wrestling is the closest thing we have to NXT. Based around Edinburgh, Disco Wrestling hosts some of the finest indie talent in the UK and beyond every month or so, and their shows are generally really drat good. Their current Y Division Champion is Joe Coffey, one of the finest big men in the country, who’s best known for his recent performance in the WWE UK tournament. Their current Women’s Champion is Sammii Jayne, however she’s unfortunately been injured recently, and she might have to vacate the title at the next show, which is a bit of a bummer. Disco has a weekly free show on Fite TV where they broadcast some of their best matches from the past three years, and it can be found here. Pretty sure they broadcast their live shows through their website as well, but idk how much that costs.

Regular roster includes:

Joe Coffey, Lewis Girvan, Aspen Faith, Joe Hendry, BT Gunn, Chris Ridgeway, Andy Wild, Michael Chase, Christopher Saynt, Theo Doros, Jayla Dark, Turbo Josh Terry, Dave Conrad, Deviation, Sammii Jayne, Session Moth Martina, Jackie Polo, Mark Coffey, Gene Munny, Uncle Bobby, Bonesaw, Damien Corvin, Kid Fite, Krieger, and a few more that I’ve probably forgotten.

Disco is in a good position in Scottish wrestling, anyway.

Is there anything uniquely scottish about Discovery? I mean you have the Scottish roster, but my promotion, at the start, they show the Irish flag and play the national anthem. It's very hokey, and the kind of thing that used to happen at the end of the night in the local pub or disco to let you know that the bar was closed. It kicks things off well.

We've not had Cara Noir, Gene Munny, and a few others. Who are the standouts from Discovery?

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Cavauro posted:

Who are the top 3, 5, or 10 wrestlers from EuroGraps? Tell this to me and I'll read it

It's really hard to say. Like Pete Dunne has pretty much moved from being a regular member to being someone who can be whipped away at a moment's notice by WWE. Ospreay and ZSJ are here occasionally but are mostly Japan.

WALTER is probably the best regular European wrestler at the moment. Maybe Ilja Dragunov for his matches and energy. Zack Gibson on mic work.

Then you've got Jordan Devlin who is insanely good at the moment, but still building his name outside Ireland.

You've got top hands like Mark Haskins or Jimmy Havoc who put on great matches but I'm not sure anyone would see them as top 5 in Europe because they're missing one thing or another.

There's the lads who are big names and can main event and put on spectacular matches but aren't actually Euros, like Matt Riddle or Speedball, who for one reason or another aren't likely to be in NJPW or WWE anytime soon. They're semi regular on the entire circuit.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Von Linus posted:

Is there anything uniquely scottish about Discovery? I mean you have the Scottish roster, but my promotion, at the start, they show the Irish flag and play the national anthem. It's very hokey, and the kind of thing that used to happen at the end of the night in the local pub or disco to let you know that the bar was closed. It kicks things off well.

Huh, not particularly. Honestly, I’m not sure if something like that would be interpreted as a statement of support for Scottish nationalism or w/e, especially since it’s supposed to be a family show without political divisions and all that. I mean, that’d be cool, and I’ll shoot them a message about that, but idk if they’d go for it.

Von Linus posted:

We've not had Cara Noir, Gene Munny, and a few others. Who are the standouts from Discovery?

Lewis Girvan and Aspen Faith most definitely. The Kings of Catch are quite possibly the best tag team in Scotland, though they’ve got some serious competition by the New Age Kliq (BT Gunn and Chris Renfrew) and Polo Promotions (Jackie Polo and Mark Coffey), among others. Girvan, Faith, Gunn and Renfrew are all accomplished singles wrestlers in their own right, and they always put on great matches in any case.

Also, the House of Saynt is this stable of beautiful gay heels led by Christopher Saynt, and their modus operandi is basically ‘look pretty, cheat often, beat the poo poo out of the faces’. They haven’t had any title success in recent years, but they were able to dominate Michael Chase in their feud due to their sheer numbers, and Saynt is itching to get his hands on Coffey’s title very soon indeed.

Michael Chase is also a decent enough big guy who hasn’t been booked as well as the others, but he has a lot of potential and he’d do well on a major stage. Maybe WoS, I dunno.

Gene Munny and Uncle Bobby are mainly part of a comedy heel stable called the Buffet Club, but they won the Hotter Than Hell Tag Team Tournament last year, so they do have a bit of credibility.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
One thing that's quite appealing about ICW is they have a handful of people who are killer on the mic. Chris Renfrew, Mikey Whiplash (the best of the bunch, IMO), Joe Hendry, Jackie Polo, Viper (their woman's champion, who recently cut a terrific promo ahead of a title defence), Kinky Party (the ICW Tag Champs) and Grado as well. I know lots of people on this forum strongly dislike Grado and I get why, but they used his U.S. fame to great effect in ICW and him and Renfrew had a fantastic back and forth in promos.

A shame Whiplash is retiring soon to run his wrestling school full-time, I think a U.S. promotion could use him in a multitude of roles, ICW tends to use him as a starmaker. He's even nicknamed "The Necromancer" which is a double reference because his gimmick is horror based but's pointed out that feuding with him tends to bring people's careers back from the dead.

They also put these promos up on Youtube, ICW have been VERY savvy about their online presence. One thing that may turn people off about ICW is that a lot of promos have a worked shoot vibe to them, but most of their guys tend to couch it in such a way that you don't have to be too inside WRT the UK scene to understand what's happening.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jul 18, 2018

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

RevPro's Summer Sizzler looks really good this year. They've got Ishii vs. WALTER in the main event and are flying over Titan and Soberano from CMLL. Tickets are still available.

OTT had WALTER/Devlin, Ishii/Riddle and KUSHIDA/Strickland the next day.

I've decided to risk the early morning flight and catch both shows so that should be fun.

Also, I'm glad someone made this thread because I felt like it was my obligation after floating the idea in the questions thread.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

is defiant still a thing

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

is defiant still a thing

Yeah, I think they're doing WALTER/Ospreay next month.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

quick post all the fake undertakers you can find

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

RevPro's Summer Sizzler looks really good this year. They've got Ishii vs. WALTER in the main event and are flying over Titan and Soberano from CMLL. Tickets are still available.

OTT had WALTER/Devlin, Ishii/Riddle and KUSHIDA/Strickland the next day.

I've decided to risk the early morning flight and catch both shows so that should be fun.

Also, I'm glad someone made this thread because I felt like it was my obligation after floating the idea in the questions thread.

OTT have Contenders the next day from that too. That's generally a great show, I think Toni Storm and Matt Riddle are confirmed to be on the show, and they have some of the best of the Irish lads. It's family focused but an excellent time.

I was thinking there ought to be a Euro thread for a while, I don't really follow the US stuff so much any more. Hope it's useful.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I got the VIP weekender ticket which I think includes the contenders show? My Irish friend dealt with ordering the tickets and said that was the ticket he was getting so I went along with it.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I got the VIP weekender ticket which I think includes the contenders show? My Irish friend dealt with ordering the tickets and said that was the ticket he was getting so I went along with it.

Yeah, you get in 5 minutes before genpop. Introduce yourself if you like, I'll be the grey bearded man screamingly drunk front row in the first show, and nursing a fragile hangover with a daughter in the second.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
FYI:

Matt Riddle got removed from the Wrestlerama and Contenders shows on the 18th and 19th of August, he's been replaced by Juice Robinson, so presumably Juice will be in other parts of Europe around then.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Yeah, my buddy just texted me to say. Was looking forward to seeing Riddle because I've never seen him before. Seen Juice a few times but still a cool replacement. I assume he's probably doing the RevPro show as well.

Would be cool if they shuffle up the card a little cos Juice/Ishii is a match we could see in NJPW if he's just directly replacing Riddle.

Though I guess that settles that I'll be the guy in the Juice Robinson shirt cos that's one of the shirts I own.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Yeah, my buddy just texted me to say. Was looking forward to seeing Riddle because I've never seen him before. Seen Juice a few times but still a cool replacement. I assume he's probably doing the RevPro show as well.

Would be cool if they shuffle up the card a little cos Juice/Ishii is a match we could see in NJPW if he's just directly replacing Riddle.

Though I guess that settles that I'll be the guy in the Juice Robinson shirt cos that's one of the shirts I own.

Yeah Riddles great, there's an awesome Riddle/Speedball match, probably like top five live for me, for free on the OTT youtube channel.

I doubt they'll want to change the card unfortunately. The last Ishii thing was him against Jeff Cobb, which one could also see In NJPW. A lot of people would know who Ishii is, but not *really* have seen the matches, so they'll be happy seeing these lads. Although you never know.

Edit: Nope, they're keeping Scotty Juice as is so it's not changing anywhere I reckon.

Von Linus fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jul 19, 2018

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

El Gallinero Gros posted:

A shame Whiplash is retiring soon to run his wrestling school full-time, I think a U.S. promotion could use him in a multitude of roles, ICW tends to use him as a starmaker. He's even nicknamed "The Necromancer" which is a double reference because his gimmick is horror based but's pointed out that feuding with him tends to bring people's careers back from the dead.

Aw man, that's a bummer. One of the first things that really got me into the British style of wrestling was the three match series he had with Jack Gallagher in ICW. Before that I had only seen Whiplash in hardcore or multi-man matches, so seeing him bust out all this counter-for-counter technical wrestling was pretty amazing.

Also very glad that this thread exists now because BritWres is pretty much the only stuff I follow on a regular basis.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

One thing that's quite appealing about ICW is they have a handful of people who are killer on the mic. Chris Renfrew, Mikey Whiplash (the best of the bunch, IMO), Joe Hendry, Jackie Polo, Viper (their woman's champion, who recently cut a terrific promo ahead of a title defence), Kinky Party (the ICW Tag Champs) and Grado as well. I know lots of people on this forum strongly dislike Grado and I get why, but they used his U.S. fame to great effect in ICW and him and Renfrew had a fantastic back and forth in promos.

They also put these promos up on Youtube, ICW have been VERY savvy about their online presence. One thing that may turn people off about ICW is that a lot of promos have a worked shoot vibe to them, but most of their guys tend to couch it in such a way that you don't have to be too inside WRT the UK scene to understand what's happening.

Now I think about it, I was at an ICW taping in Dublin, it was the night after a big show so everyone was a bit hungover, but at the time, Drew Galloway, Grado and Noam Dar came across as stars, far more than the other lads. Like. Joe Coffey and that were good but I thought he lacked a bit of the charisma that I saw last time he came over. THis was a couple of years ago now. Mic skills are massively important, I think a lot of our lads will struggle as we mostly cut backstage skits pretaped, not talking in front of the crowd.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Thread is not named Euroresu, voted 1.

But seriously, neat idea for a thread and some cool overviews of the various major promotions. It might be worth noting the affiliations more explicitly. Like ICW and Progress's relationship with WWE and RevPro's with New Japan.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jul 19, 2018

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Von Linus posted:

Edit: Nope, they're keeping Scotty Juice as is so it's not changing anywhere I reckon.

Yeah, Ishii/Juice is still going ahead. I've only ever actually seen either in multimans and never up close so still cool.

The Scotty/Juice match should be good. My friend's made me watch a few of his matches on their streaming service and he seems really good. He's super young too, right?

What makes OTT able to book WWE and NJPW talent on the same card when no-one else seems allowed to any more?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

What makes OTT able to book WWE and NJPW talent on the same card when no-one else seems allowed to any more?

Ireland is a bit of a no man's land in general. We play thicko leprechauns and reap the benefits of being friendly with US, UK and Europe all at the same time. Don't tell anyone.

NXT-UK wise we aren't in the UK. Yet Jordan Devlin is contract just because.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

So, it's the NXT UK contracts just affecting the UK itself?

While you're here, rovert, do you know if wXw is moving towards friendlier relations with WWE? Nothing ever happened with them being in the IWGP conception and now they're doing WALTER/Dunne when IIRC they didn't air the last match they did with WWE UK talent. Plus WALTER working with Adam Cole on the Evolve show and their interest in him has me wondering if they're trying to do something where he can work wXw and NXT UK. (That said he is wrestling Ishii so idk)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Honestly no clue about wXw/Walter.

wXw is obviously a very well respected and professional developer of talent. WWE should respect them.

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
Riddle is working Joey Janela's show around the time of the OTT shows. That's the only reason for him pulling out no matter what anybody tries to claim.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Roque11 posted:

Riddle is working Joey Janela's show around the time of the OTT shows. That's the only reason for him pulling out no matter what anybody tries to claim.

So, you're saying he's in New York over SummerSlam weekend? 🤔🤔🤔

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/RIPTIDEwres/status/1020021882798706688

MOTY

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Yeah, Ishii/Juice is still going ahead. I've only ever actually seen either in multimans and never up close so still cool.

The Scotty/Juice match should be good. My friend's made me watch a few of his matches on their streaming service and he seems really good. He's super young too, right?

YEah, Scotty's like 18, I think. most of the lads in More than Hype, LEgit 100 and the mongrels, the 3 trios teams we have, are very early twenties.

I think they just haven't pissed anyone off. NJPW will work with anyone who isn't directly connected to WWE, and the ott promoter has connections to talent in WWE. I don't think there's an explicit arrangeent.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
So why does Progress go with the fashy aesthetic for their fed?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Grado dubbed "this generation's Big Daddy"

Can't wait for octogenarian Dave Meltzer having to defend why Grado isn't in the WON Hall of Fame.

achillesforever6 posted:

So why does Progress go with the fashy aesthetic for their fed?

Maybe it's what attracted Triple H to them.

Sourpuss
Mar 18, 2007

Chomb Chomb Chomb
I went to a ICW show in Liverpool where Brooksides Jimmy Corkill came out and punched Jackie Polo. Great Wrestling.

Ive also been to Fear & Loathing for the last 3 years, which is ICWs headline show of the year, but every year the storylines and booking seem to be getting worse.

This year ive gone with Progress' big show in Wembley for a change.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm impressed that very little beyond who was booked has gotten out about the WOS tapings. I looked after they happened and couldn't find any spoilers at all.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
https://vimeo.com/281598670

Here's the promo video for Walter vs. Jordan Devlin at Wrestlerama. It's probably at the level of a WWE promo, showcases what the story is, and what the stakes are.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Von Linus posted:

Progress
Punk Rock Wrestling.
It feels like their booking is being pushed and pulled by their affiliations with WWE

:thunk:

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Oh everyone has noticed that except Progress it feels like.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

My favourite thing about Progress right now is how petulant their social media is. The way they handled the world cup thing was more entertaining than most of their shows this year.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

My favourite thing about Progress right now is how petulant their social media is. The way they handled the world cup thing was more entertaining than most of their shows this year.

Briley is awful. I think he handled their social media before this too, and just alienated a loving ton of people. Smallman keeps taking it from him. This isn't the first time they've pissed people off.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

The storylines of 2015-2016 PROGRESS basically got me into British wrestling, so it breaks my heart to see their current drifting state. The booking is meandering in a way that it didn't used to be and I don't know if that's because of their split loyalties or becoming a victim of their own success.

That and they need to get the belt off Travis, like, YESTERDAY. I loved him as an underdog, but his title reign has straight up killed their main event scene.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Oh, I know. Along with Gabe too. All those guys are/will be the gatekeepers between high-end talent and WWE. Wrestlers need the patience of a saint and the ability to handle untold levels of anxiety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Sourpuss posted:

Ive also been to Fear & Loathing for the last 3 years, which is ICWs headline show of the year, but every year the storylines and booking seem to be getting worse.

Aye, I went to Fear and Loathing IX, and iirc the best parts were:

-Doing the draculahands with Finn
-Shouting ‘you suck’ at Kurt Angle
-The elimination match, which I actually loved to pieces
-Seeing Ricochet doing that spot into the crowd holy poo poo I love Ricochet so much and I wish he hadn’t lost

The worst parts, in contrast:

-The casket rape spot holy loving poo poo that was creepy af and put me off ICW so much after that
-Trent Seven being a loving idiot and putting Wolfgang through a table instead of winning the belt
-Kurt Angle being in the main event and making me miss the last train back to Stirling for a crap match with one of the best wrestlers in Scotland

Couldn’t be hosed coughing up for last year’s Hydro show, but as you say the storylines keep getting worse and more gross tbh