Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Alan Smithee posted:

Anyone doing hasbro line

Had a friend want transformers gorilla
Whatever that is

I can trade swag or line place somewhere else

Didn't Hasbro get exclusive portaled?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

RevKrule posted:

Didn't Hasbro get exclusive portaled?

I believe so.

I don't know what any of That means though

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

It means no one's doing lines and if you didn't get picked in the exclusive lottery, you're poo poo outta luck for purchasing.

I'm at Conan and it's the first year I'm not at orchestra level. I'm dying up here in the balcony. gently caress k this theater and it's awful AC "solutions."

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

Their fancy new Hall H wristband system broke so they were all a hour late handing them out. Good times.

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello
I got none of the exclusives I was shooting for in the portal but somehow ended up with a Lego one even though I didn't sign up for it?

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I'm definitely seeing less panels I'm interested in this year. Lots of fan panels and even a couple bitcoin panels of all things.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

bobula posted:

I got none of the exclusives I was shooting for in the portal but somehow ended up with a Lego one even though I didn't sign up for it?

Which one?

And if anyone could stop by the Mattel booth and pick me up one of the porg Millenum Falcon Hot Wheels things, I’d be most appreciative. :3:

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
This is the low expectation Comic-Con and I’m here for it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I'm honestly kinda speechless how low profile comic con is this year

How does the wristband system work again this year? Has it all been handed out already and no more chances day of?

I'm seeing a listing for this RZA panel in hall h Saturday which sounds dope and nothing else on Saturday save the women who kick rear end seems like a doorbuster like peak comic con. Wondering if there's a feasible chance of checking it out and here I am an idiot sinner in hell whose soul is begging for eternal torment

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jul 19, 2018

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Alan Smithee posted:

I'm honestly kinda speechless how low profile comic con is this year

How does the wristband system work again this year? Has it all been handed out already and no more chances day of?

Apparently the wristband system wasn't working last night and everyone had to wait over an hour.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Am I crazy or did They separate the lines by day too

Is their wristbands given out everyday day up tot he day or are they all out. If I consider the thing on Saturday is there still an opportunity to get one tomorrow or are they all passed out

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

FuzzySlippers posted:

I'm definitely seeing less panels I'm interested in this year. Lots of fan panels and even a couple bitcoin panels of all things.

Did someone say BITCOIN?????

Unless there's a bunch of poo poo that wasn't put up last night, the tech pavilion this year is really sad. I love the tech pavilion. They usually have some great stuff and last year the two 360 domes they had were tight as gently caress.

This year, it's super vacant in terms of booths but there's not enough space between them for me to realistically think they're adding many more things (if any). Plus I found at least three of the booths were either bitcoin or crypto related and that just made me feel dirty.

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, what they're doing now is they give you the wristband and then scan your badge. I assume they're going to scan it again going into the Hall to verify you waited in line. Last night their poo poo for scanning broke so wristbands came out a hour late.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I'm the guy in the staffpro shirt who can't answer questions and wants you to stop looking at things cuz the fire marshal gonna shut this motherfucker down

Year after year

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
So, I'm a huge fan of having the road in front of con closed and the smaller panels have been pretty good for me. Wound up getting a band for the Stargate thing tonight on the Midway. Dunno if something is getting premeired or what?

Also what's the electronic Hall H thing?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Team Coco House is straight fresh to death. Super chill atmosphere, bar, food (popcorn) and just nice. Plus if you're one of the first fifty in, you get the previous day's Conan pop.

I'm already having a better time here than anything else at con so far and the show I'm here for hasn't even started.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
I am just not motivated to be on the floor anymore after successfully finding one Christmas gift for someone. I don’t really care about anything until the Kung Fu Extravaganza at 8pm so i got high, walked to the Marriott and am buying overpriced drinks.

Dan Didio walked up and ordered a Corona.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Didn’t feel like waiting for the Better Call Saul/ Breaking Bad back-to-back so I spent the day scoping out the local events and sampled some of James T Kirk’s Space Bourbon. It tasted a lot like Earth bourbon.

Also, don’t go to Sushi 2 for anything other than $5 Crazy Milk / Fight Milk combos of large Sapporo and small unfiltered sake. Whatever they were 2 years ago is now under new management who think adding pico de gallo to a California roll is a good idea.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Follow up on Team Coco House.

The place is still awesome AF but it seems people just signed up for poo poo and didn't actually bother to figure out if it was something they were interested in or not. Kondabolu brothers were both awesome but most of the crowd either signed up with no idea who they were or just wanted free poo poo that the crowd energy was loving dead and heathens didn't even have the decency to laugh at dumb jokes to even try and improve the energy. Still awesome but fuckkkkkkkkk those people. You got your lovely toy, loving leave if you aren't enjoying it you assholes.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Do none of the hotels in this city have locks on their bathroom doors what the gently caress

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

They didn't know they needed them until you decided to poo poo in everyone's toilet and calling it an "inspection."

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Swag is swag

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

"Con exclusive poops delivered piping hot straight to your room. Be sure to look out for our chase variants; runny green and red swirl"

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello

The_Doctor posted:

Which one?

And if anyone could stop by the Mattel booth and pick me up one of the porg Millenum Falcon Hot Wheels things, I’d be most appreciative. :3:

Black Lightning I think

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Indigo is weird this year. No line really to get in, and now Jimmi Simpson is introducing a new [AS] show while high as giraffe nuts.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Has anyone actually tried getting into hall H? I had a friend show up afternoon and get into breaking bad but I don't know if that's because he had inside hookup or what

Bodhidharma
Jul 2, 2011

"virgin no more! virgin no more!" i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob

Alan Smithee posted:

Has anyone actually tried getting into hall H? I had a friend show up afternoon and get into breaking bad but I don't know if that's because he had inside hookup or what

I waited less than an hour to get into Better Call Saul. I think the venue cleared after the Dragon Ball Super panel finished.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Bodhidharma posted:

I waited less than an hour to get into Better Call Saul. I think the venue cleared after the Dragon Ball Super panel finished.

gently caress

I was hungry too

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Con people are loving nasty as fuckkkkkkk.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BldeluBhu1K/?hl=en&taken-by=alexpardee

Someone took a dump in a booth

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

SWAG SWAG SWAG

HumanDecency
Oct 5, 2015
Someone go pick me up a copy of Ready Player One on VHS. Thanks.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Has there been any announcements yet for upcoming games or movies we haven't heard about previously?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Diabetic posted:

Has there been any announcements yet for upcoming games or movies we haven't heard about previously?

lol.

no.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

James Gunn has announced that the Howard the Duck reboot is now the only movie he can do now. Budget is $150 million

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

Hall H has been walk in status most of Comic Con. I think Saturday will be the busiest but still not nearly as nuts as past years.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

On the off chance there is someone who got into rick and morty panel and doesn't want heir wristband could I get in on that.

This lottery system is loving bullshit. I imagine they are going to have a half empty house if they are giving it to randos who didnt even have a chance to opt out

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Alan Smithee posted:

On the off chance there is someone who got into rick and morty panel and doesn't want heir wristband could I get in on that.

This lottery system is loving bullshit. I imagine they are going to have a half empty house if they are giving it to randos who didnt even have a chance to opt out

There's no way there won't be some kind of standby for that.

Did syfy karaoke yesterday. Sang Don't Stop Believing, got a loving free Bait shirt.

Also, team Coco house either learned from Thursday or something because we did the Final Space table read yesterday and there was alcohol available which I think deffo helped the crowd (though there was a much better mix of people who'd actually heard of the thing they were attending).

Bodhidharma
Jul 2, 2011

"virgin no more! virgin no more!" i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob
Hall H was really easy to get into this morning. I walked in line at around 7:30am and barely made the cutoff.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

What kinda buffer we talking? If I want to try for the 2:45 RZA panel 1-2 hours work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

RevKrule posted:

There's no way there won't be some kind of standby for that.

Did syfy karaoke yesterday. Sang Don't Stop Believing, got a loving free Bait shirt.

Also, team Coco house either learned from Thursday or something because we did the Final Space table read yesterday and there was alcohol available which I think deffo helped the crowd (though there was a much better mix of people who'd actually heard of the thing they were attending).

I know when I see a woman in dark souls fem ornstein cosplay I yell "HAVE YOU EVEN BEATEN GWYNN ON NG+ WITH SL1 YOU SCARLET HARLOT?!?!