Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Really I just want them to remake Godzilla vs Gigan, with the same monsters and plot about cockroach aliens building a Godzilla theme park.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I hope in the legendary universe they learn their lessons about letting aliens borrow our Godzillas

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

How do I upgrade my clearance past amber drat it there's way too many classified poo poo and I need my kaiju fix NOW

Mothra has an 800' wingspan :stare:

You were able to get to Amber?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Waffleman_ posted:

You were able to get to Amber?

Checking out all 3 locations that you can access (asia, mexico, south pole) + Godzilla in the pacific should grant you Amber.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ah, I missed Godzilla.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
loving please no wing walking poo poo please thanks

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Burkion posted:

loving please no wing walking poo poo please thanks

I dunno, you could do a lot worse than taking inspiration from how the dragons looked in Reign of Fire. poo poo movie with amazing looking monsters.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Wing walking poo poo is wyvern. 4 legs + wings is dragon.

Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Wing walking poo poo is wyvern. 4 legs + wings is dragon.

Good point, bring back Dhesghidorah.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
If I'm reading the site right, Mothra is gonna glow at blinding Lumen levels, and Rodan has friggin Magma for blood.

I'm pretty sure Skull Island is the classified site in the middle of the Pacific.

Someone on Reddit pointed out a site in Scotland, and the possibility that Nessie is a "Titan" as Monarch is classifying them now apparently...

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Choco1980 posted:

If I'm reading the site right, Mothra is gonna glow at blinding Lumen levels, and Rodan has friggin Magma for blood.

also

The idea of a loving cat 5 hurricane being the effect Ghidorah has just being out and about is horrifying. Though I'm guessing he's just hanging / traveling in one.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jul 19, 2018

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
So that Monarch website shows where they found the dormant monsters.

There's classified monsters in Uluru, Machu Picchu, and the Giza Pyramids. :stare:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Though I'm guessing he's just hanging / traveling in one.

Given how Legendary seems to be hyping up Ghidorah, I'm guessing he causes one with his wings when he flies.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Uluru's not surprising, have you seen Australia?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Waffleman_ posted:

Uluru's not surprising, have you seen Australia?

I'm curious whether there's any kaiju in Australian folklore.

Easy to figure there might be Apophis or Sekhmet in Egypt.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
There have been kaiju living in the open in Australia all along, it's just nobody noticed anything out of the ordinary.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Cythereal posted:

Given how Legendary seems to be hyping up Ghidorah, I'm guessing he causes one with his wings when he flies.

Turns out, you're correct:

quote:

Muscle tendons on the wings are so hyper-tensile that their massive aerodynamics could generate hurricane-force winds when in flight. Coupled with its body’s electro-receptor molecular biology capable of conducting electrical currents, water vapor in the air would be heated at extreme levels creating its own localized storm system as it travels. Simply put, if Monster Zero were to fly again, the stratosphere would be torn open by an otherworldly tempest of thunder and lightning our sky has never seen. Cryptolinguistics has analyzed translations of every worldwide case study of Monster Zero in the Monarch database across tens of thousands of years. The ancients called it Ghidorah.

This is going to be spectacular to see on film. Calling it "a living extinction event" is pretty loving awesome.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jul 19, 2018

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Cythereal posted:

I'm curious whether there's any kaiju in Australian folklore.

Easy to figure there might be Apophis or Sekhmet in Egypt.

There's the folk tale about the man becoming Ayers Rock

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Turns out, you're correct:

This is going to be spectacular to see on film. Calling it "a living extinction event" is pretty loving awesome.

I loving shivered in joy.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
What I'm trying to puzzle out right now is the one in the southeastern US, looks like northwest Georgia maybe. I'm from the southeast, and my best guess is that it's something to do with the Mound Builders. That outpost is near one big Mound Builder site, and I do know there's an old Southern folktale about the complex mounds, which often resemble serpents or other creatures when viewed from above, being formed from the corpses of giant creatures or entombing the same (because Native Americans building large settlements and complex structures is clearly less believable than giant monsters buried in the earth).

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Reminds me of an Incredible Hulk game where the military referred to him as a "Person of Mass Destruction"

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Cythereal posted:

What I'm trying to puzzle out right now is the one in the southeastern US, looks like northwest Georgia maybe. I'm from the southeast, and my best guess is that it's something to do with the Mound Builders. That outpost is near one big Mound Builder site, and I do know there's an old Southern folktale about the complex mounds, which often resemble serpents or other creatures when viewed from above, being formed from the corpses of giant creatures or entombing the same (because Native Americans building large settlements and complex structures is clearly less believable than giant monsters buried in the earth).

Stone Mountain is actually Gamera

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Peanut President posted:

Stone Mountain is actually Gamera

Oh please oh please oh please wake up on one of those giant neo-Confederate festivals and wipe out everyone present...

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
In Godzilla 3 our protagonist faces his greatest threat yet: deep-south racism.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Goddamn Illinois Ebirahs.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Cythereal posted:

Honestly I'm pretty sure it's just an inside joke because they did a lot of filming in Atlanta. Or it might be related to the CDC.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

HannibalBarca posted:

Honestly I'm pretty sure it's just an inside joke because they did a lot of filming in Atlanta. Or it might be related to the CDC.

Way wrong part of the area if it's meant to be Atlanta (Atlanta is much further south and east), but I'm having fun trying to figure these out.

Shneak posted:

In Godzilla 3 our protagonist faces his greatest threat yet: deep-south racism.

Missiles and tanks couldn't even slow G14 down. The 1st Rascal Scooter Brigade will fare no better.

That other Monarch outpost in the US seems to be in Montana - one of the famous fossil beds? Rexy, maybe you'd better stay home for this one.

Other Monarch locations for those who haven't looked:

* Morocco, specifically near the Strait of Gibraltar

* Jerusalem

* Northeast Africa, possibly Sudan or northern Ethiopia

* North Atlantic, looks to be a good ways off the Carolinas or Virginia.

* Colombia

* Peru (Machu Pichu?)

* Russia, looks like in the Ural Mountains

* Central Europe (Switzerland?)

* Thailand or Myanmar

* Japan, of course

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

I'm going to put my 7 year old's browser in his iPad on the Monarch Sciences page and not say anything to him. Can't wait to watch him in the morning. The Godzilla tracker will blow him away.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
I do find it interesting that the height of their genius in hyping this movie so-far is to just do Santa-Tracker but for Godzilla.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Cythereal posted:

Ahuitzotl is just another name for Godzilla, Itzpapolotl is Mothra, etc.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Fittingly, my wife and son got me these for my birthday today.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Cythereal posted:

Way wrong part of the area if it's meant to be Atlanta (Atlanta is much further south and east), but I'm having fun trying to figure these out.

I reserve my objections, but I'm not about to stink up the thread arguing about it either. We'll see what happens.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wizchine posted:

Fittingly, my wife and son got me these for my birthday today.

Happy birthday! If that is your first SH MonsterArts.... be careful!! :3:

Not pictured Showa Mechagodzilla.

And 62 was just announced this morning.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/MonarchSciences/status/1019975180196622336

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’ve left it idling on my 2nd screen and it stopped this morning.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Cythereal posted:

Missiles and tanks couldn't even slow G14 down. The 1st Rascal Scooter Brigade will fare no better.

That other Monarch outpost in the US seems to be in Montana - one of the famous fossil beds? Rexy, maybe you'd better stay home for this one.

There's also New Mexico, which is where they were keeping one of the monsters from the last movie.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

And 62 was just announced this morning.

NECA also announced a 62 Godzilla

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Ghidorah's codename being "Monster Zero" is an awesome throwback. That plus the "Rodan has magma blood" and the potential for loving Gigan is getting me more excited for this movie.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I am so ready for a Destroy All Monsters Melee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

NECA also announced a 62 Godzilla

Like, it's not as accurate as the Monsterarts version- head is a bit too big, hands are as well

But for 20 loving dollars? Yes please give me all the big beefy Godzilla collectibles