Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jan 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

They should just make the full set be a 0-cost Berath’s Blessing for everyone with 2.0.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I keep checking Nexus every couple of days because I feel like someone is going to make costume slots that change appearance but not stats so I can play dress up but deep down I know that will never happen.

Too bad. So sad.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Subjunctive posted:

How do you build a watershaper? That foe-only Chill Fog is definitely a thing.

With this:
https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/44

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Does anything change in Poe2 depending on what God you support in Poe1?

Trying to decide between Berath, Rymrgand, and Woedica on my rational/stoic Druid I'm running through poe1 and I'm not sure which I wanna do. Does it even matter? I supported Galawain on the first character I beat poe2 with and I don't recall it coming up more than once.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
It's stuff like, a god says "hey thanks for doing what I wanted" and gives you some money or a minor stat boost. Probably pick Woedica since an incomplete soul transplant would explain why she's hanging out with the rest of the gods all buddy-buddy

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Ginette Reno posted:

Does anything change in Poe2 depending on what God you support in Poe1?

Trying to decide between Berath, Rymrgand, and Woedica on my rational/stoic Druid I'm running through poe1 and I'm not sure which I wanna do. Does it even matter? I supported Galawain on the first character I beat poe2 with and I don't recall it coming up more than once.

The differences are very minor. Supporting Galawain means that Eder and Xoti get a +5 HP boost, for example, and that's probably the strongest effect. I believe if you get Hylea, you start with a bonus cake food item. Betray Berath in the first game and you start with a stat penalty.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

The differences are very minor. Supporting Galawain means that Eder and Xoti get a +5 HP boost, for example, and that's probably the strongest effect. I believe if you get Hylea, you start with a bonus cake food item. Betray Berath in the first game and you start with a stat penalty.

I sided with Hylea because she seemed the chillest and I could never bring myself to eat that cake.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Wait Xoti gets that effect?! She isn't from the Dyrwood!!

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

So there are opportunities to mediate between opposed party members? I never got one - only a few snappy lines between Maia/Pallegina etc. Does it only happen when both companions dislike each other? I tended to get eg Maia -2 towards Tekehu but Tekehu 0 toward Maia.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

BBJoey posted:

So there are opportunities to mediate between opposed party members? I never got one - only a few snappy lines between Maia/Pallegina etc. Does it only happen when both companions dislike each other? I tended to get eg Maia -2 towards Tekehu but Tekehu 0 toward Maia.

You definitely don't need both companions to dislike eachother. The conversations usually start with one of the two companions yelling at the other for something, so it's definitely possible the triggers are only one way and Maia is just too much of a professional to yell at Tekehu no matter how much she loathes him :v:

The ones I know of are Xoti yelling at Pallegina (who is very nonchalant and pretty much ignores her), Pallegina yelling at Tekehu, and Eder coming directly to you to complain about Aloth.

Media Bloodbath
Mar 1, 2018

PIVOT TO ETERNAL SUFFERING
:hb:
Tekehu is a loving Snitch. He'll tell on you if you try to keep the prince in the dark about the smuggling operations that benefit the lower caste in the gullet.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Media Bloodbath posted:

Tekehu is a loving Snitch. He'll tell on you if you try to keep the prince in the dark about the smuggling operations that benefit the lower caste in the gullet.

He didn't on my run.

Media Bloodbath
Mar 1, 2018

PIVOT TO ETERNAL SUFFERING
:hb:

Miftan posted:

He didn't on my run.

Hmm that's interesting, he did in my pre 2.0 run even though he wasn't even in my party when I entered the gullet and I was in good standing with him. I abandoned that run shortly after because I seemed to have broken some storylines by entering certain areas before the associated quests.

Good to know he's not always a tattletale.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta

Media Bloodbath posted:

Hmm that's interesting, he did in my pre 2.0 run even though he wasn't even in my party when I entered the gullet and I was in good standing with him. I abandoned that run shortly after because I seemed to have broken some storylines by entering certain areas before the associated quests.

If you have a chat with him and come to an agreement about keeping it a secret he won't dob you in.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Media Bloodbath posted:

Yeah I took him to see the garbage waterfall in the Gullet and stuff and he was cool with letting the pirates keep the food flowing.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
I'm looking at this build guide for a Shattered Pillar Monk/Wizard to get the Citzal Spirit Lance so you can punch enemies in an AoE, but my question is: what about running Monk/Barbarian? How well do you think those two would synergize together? One specific question I have is: do Swift Strikes and Frenzy action speed stack?

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Jul 19, 2018

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Jinnigan posted:

I'm looking at this build guide for a Shattered Pillar Monk/Wizard to get the Citzal Spirit Lance so you can punch enemies in an AoE, but my question is: what about running Monk/Barbarian? How well do you think those two would synergize together?

I did that for my first run. Monk self buffs and Barbarian skills that let you regain resources if you crit with a crit focused build let's you wreck fools all day. I gave her jump boots as well so I just jumped around the entire back line two shotting every caster and ranged unit the enemies had before jumping back and helping the team finish off whatever's left. It's pretty cool.

Swift Strikes and Frenzy don't stack from what I remember, and Swift Strike is the better option for the lightning boost later since that 15% is applied after everything, iirc.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Media Bloodbath posted:

Imagine my surprise when he did this despite not joining the team until hours after I had set that up. I dunno who told him in the five minutes between meeting him for the first time and talking to the prince.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Similarly, I was pretty annoyed when Maia abruptly and invisibly showed up to talk to one of her jerk-rear end contacts for her personal quest when she wasn't in the active party. I wanted to sidestep her bullshit and murder that guy :mad:

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Man, it seems like the need for portrait photoshopping (for the small watercolor portraits) has really devastated the portrait selection for Pillars2, now that you need to use photoshop even a little bit, instead of just being able to copy your favorite fantasy picture and crop+resize it.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Maia's personal quest is poo poo since you can't call Maia out for not even subtle shady rear end business.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Jinnigan posted:

Man, it seems like the need for portrait photoshopping (for the small watercolor portraits) has really devastated the portrait selection for Pillars2, now that you need to use photoshop even a little bit, instead of just being able to copy your favorite fantasy picture and crop+resize it.

The simplest thing to do is screenshot your character in the character creator, then use an editor to make a "watercolor" version of the screenshot, then crop to the appropriate sizes. It does take a little while. If they do a PoE 3 they should include an automated portrait generator.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
If you want to remain consistent, sure. The portrait packs folks made for PoE1 still function.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

isk posted:

If you want to remain consistent, sure. The portrait packs folks made for PoE1 still function.

If you go to the official forums there are some fairly large portrait packs including watercolor versions, also a couple of good tutorials on making "watercolors."

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

If you go to the official forums there are some fairly large portrait packs including watercolor versions, also a couple of good tutorials on making "watercolors."

I poked around the official forums but nothing really popped out immediately - am I missing a specific subforum or thread?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Jinnigan posted:

I poked around the official forums but nothing really popped out immediately - am I missing a specific subforum or thread?

Ok, my info may have been out of date / antiquated

this was the thread I was thinking of:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/103065-portraits-iv/?hl=portraits

There's also a portrait pack in the first post of this thread or there used to be.

Someone should probably re-compile all the portraits from the official forums portrait request thread into a new pack.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

GrandpaPants posted:

Maia's personal quest is poo poo since you can't call Maia out for not even subtle shady rear end business.

At the end of the quest you absolutely can.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Tekehu is an A-plus bro, but he unfortunately wouldn't get on board with me liberating the Huanu from their oppressive monarchy, so we had to part ways. He's at least pretty chill about it.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

2house2fly posted:

It's stuff like, a god says "hey thanks for doing what I wanted" and gives you some money or a minor stat boost. Probably pick Woedica since an incomplete soul transplant would explain why she's hanging out with the rest of the gods all buddy-buddy

I chose Berath for now but I might say f u to her and go Woedica in the end. We'll see. Just got WM2 left to do, and then I'm finally ready to import my second run dude to Poe2. I'll be staying Druid and going Single class, but I dunno what kit yet.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Unfortunately, no rewards for backing skaen / woedica apparently.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I remember someone saying Woedics gives you a power level boost.

Taear posted:

At the end of the quest you absolutely can.

Is it possible to sabotage her quest and get the contacts killed, or tip off the targets?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Unfortunately, no rewards for backing skaen / woedica apparently.
Woedica gives you a power boost I thought.

Also gives you a good reason to be able to use the Steel Garrote paladin subclass if you mod that in.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
supporting wodica is its own reward

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

support woedica, return thaos to the cycle, have aloth take over the leaden key, convince eothas to end the world

one true path

more serious endgame poe2 talk re: woedica - if you tell eothas to empower someone he always picks berath, right? I feel like at some point there was going to be the option to have him empower woedica if you already empowered her in poe1 but I haven't seen anything like that in any poe2 discussions.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Digital Osmosis posted:

support woedica, return thaos to the cycle, have aloth take over the leaden key, convince eothas to end the world

one true path

more serious endgame poe2 talk re: woedica - if you tell eothas to empower someone he always picks berath, right? I feel like at some point there was going to be the option to have him empower woedica if you already empowered her in poe1 but I haven't seen anything like that in any poe2 discussions.

That kind of makes sense. I feel like those two have the most overlap in their portfolios and would at least agree on more things than most.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Eothas probably wouldn't be particularly interested in empowering the goddess he died trying to stop before PoE1.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
The first time I got to the endgame, I picked that option because I thought he would choose whichever god/goddess you backed in PoE1 or supported the most throughout the game, or would even get to pick from a list or something. Instead he's like 'lol, k' and the slide is always the same. Pretty disappointed in how that whole bit was handled, overall.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

Wizard Styles posted:

Eothas probably wouldn't be particularly interested in empowering the goddess he died trying to stop before PoE1.

uh that was eothas who died trying to stop her, not guan [/xoti]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Eothas wasn't specifically trying to stop Woedica (I don't think) he was trying to stop the human cost of her plan. Also this game retconned it so what he was trying to do was secure the Engwithan machines and expose their purpose