Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
It's also probably a data-type Ultra-level Digimon, which is sorely underrepresented

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I bet it’s got major cleavage

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Seraphimon's bad luck in media, a visual history:

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Nodosaur posted:

Seraphimon's bad luck in media, a visual history:

You forgot one

Omnicrom fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jul 15, 2018

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I mean that's the evil counterpart and technically Mercuremon, so I didn't count it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It's genuinely surprising that he didn't get re-murdered in Tri, Seraphimon is just Leomon mk-II in how badly things tend to go for him.

Then again, he didn't get killed but he also did absolutely nothing, got Mega to...look neat, I guess? Death before dishonour, and that was horribly dishonourable after how impactful Patamon's evolutions were before.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I dunno, HolyAngemon never really contributes much besides helping beat Piemon.

The only media where he gets a significant role is V-Tamer and Next, and that last one is only by way of backstory.

Angemon is the one that gets used most of the time.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/1019504685449818114

EDIT:

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jul 18, 2018

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Here's more info in English, courtesy of Gematsu.

Honestly, having to use Agumon is lame as hell but the concept sounds interesting and I do like SRPGs, so I'm interested.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm not sure there's anything that says you can only use Agumon.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Nodosaur posted:

I'm not sure there's anything that says you can only use Agumon.

It specifically says Agumon is your partner, and that your choices in the story determine what it evolves into. It doesn't 100% say "only Agumon", but it does sound like you're stuck with Agumon, plus probably an important amount of evolutions.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

They say the exact same thing about Erismon in ReArise, and yet you can have multiple partners there.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Weren't the Digimon Wonderswan games strategy games? It could be something like those

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I thought they were traditional rpgs.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Nodosaur posted:

I thought they were traditional rpgs.

they might be. I'm only passingly familiar with them

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

thetoughestbean posted:

Weren't the Digimon Wonderswan games strategy games? It could be something like those

Anode/Cathode Tamer was a strategy game but the rest weren't.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

from the 5 minutes i've played it, it's basically super robot wars but digimon

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
That sounds amazing.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

PMush Perfect posted:

That sounds amazing.

Specifically it's the very first Super Robot Wars on the Gameboy.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I'm not sure Super Digimon Wars would work too well, if only because of the sheer amount of sprites and poo poo you would have to draw to have a worthwhile roster. I guess you could use 3D models, but that never looks nearly as good.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Huh.

That's the original Falcomon. I never expected to see him in anything again ever.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Nodosaur posted:

Huh.

That's the original Falcomon. I never expected to see him in anything again ever.

I'm getting some Pokemon Conquest vibes from this shot, which makes me excited

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

also I am digging actual dog proportions on Labramon rather than that weird kind of halfway anthropomorphized look he has normally

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Nodosaur posted:

Huh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdgNzhr_tPE

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Nodosaur posted:

Huh.

wow those rookies are hosed

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Realtalk, I always preferred the original Falcomom to the ninja owl design, even if I was disappointed to realize it looked less like an owlbear than its original art made me think.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I never cared for him much because making a falcon an agile ninja makes more sense to me than it being a flightless creature who''s known for jumping.

Falcons are some of the speediest and agile birds in the air and they decided "nah, let's make it this weird archaeopteryx thing"

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Savers Falcomon is an owl though, not a falcon. It should be a variation of Owlmon.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Owlmon is an Adult.

But regardless, they both look like owls, so it's not really one version of Falcomon can hold over the other, so I wasn't focusing on that part.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Nodosaur posted:

Owlmon is an Adult.

Owlmon is an Armor form actually, but your point stands.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Omnicrom posted:

Owlmon is an Armor form actually, but your point stands.

Most Armor stage Digimon count as Adult stage too, outside of a couple that count as Perfect

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

yeah, after season 2 they just started releasing cards of the armors that evolved normally. a few of them are even in the Digimon Accel as normal evolutions.

So is Bolgmon, for some reason.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Nodosaur posted:

yeah, after season 2 they just started releasing cards of the armors that evolved normally. a few of them are even in the Digimon Accel as normal evolutions.

So is Bolgmon, for some reason.

Spirit Digimon aren't too hard to sort into the standard evolution levels, H Spirits are Adult stage, B Spirits are Perfect stage, and both the Hybrid Spirits and Ancients are Ultimate stage

Most of the Spirits even have Child stages that are perfect fits for them

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

drrockso20 posted:

Spirit Digimon aren't too hard to sort into the standard evolution levels, H Spirits are Adult stage, B Spirits are Perfect stage, and both the Hybrid Spirits and Ancients are Ultimate stage

Most of the Spirits even have Child stages that are perfect fits for them

Accel Bolgmon was an Ultimate.

and only Agnimon and Wolfmon have Child stages.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Nodosaur posted:

Accel Bolgmon was an Ultimate.

and only Agnimon and Wolfmon have Child stages.

Not the first time a game or V-Pet has done something weird like that

Also while it's true that only those two have dedicated Child stages, there's ones that fit perfectly for the others, like Tinkermon for the Wind spirits, or Mushroomon for Wood

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I like Bakomon better for Arbormon's Child form.

cardboard box robot evolves into wood robot.

Chackmon's needs to be Penmon.

There aren't any for the others that really work for me though, except for maybe KoKabuterimon for Blitzmon.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
The new appmon Mirrormon works great for AncientWisemon.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

eh, I don't really like using Appmon in Digimon lines.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

The Bee posted:

The new appmon Mirrormon works great for AncientWisemon.

Honestly I think Bokomon works pretty well for Metal, similarly Neamon works rather well for Earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Honestly, thinking about it

Penmon -> Chackmon: Because of DaiPenmon.
KoKabuterimon -> Blitzmon: They're both beetles that use wrestling techniques.
Floramon -> Fairymon: Suits Fairymon's style better and fits with her blossom-using attacks.
Bakumon -> Loewemon: Dark aligned beast that's actually a good guy wearing a ring that seals his powers.
Goblimon -> Grottemon: Grottemon and Gigasmon are both oni-types, and Goblimon has a rock-throwing attack.
Bakomon -> Arbormon: Aformentioned "cardboard box robot" to "wood robot"
Otamamon -> Ranamon: Ranamon IS named after a frog.
Dracumon -> Duskmon: Multi-eyed demon to multi-eyed demon.
Ludomon -> Mercuremon: Armored soldier with reflecting shields on both arms evolves into armored mutant with shields on both arms.