Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Bluedeanie posted:

Anderson Silva coming back is really interesting to me actually because there's a lot of different ways a fight with him can go at this point. You can fight him straight on and it will still probably be pretty difficult, but you could also do any number of things, like kill and eat his pet parrot which will piss him off and make it harder to scout your location, or go out of your way in the marsh to find a sniper rifle early in the game so you can shoot him in his wheelchair on the docks and replacr the fight with multiple GRU search teams. You could even stop playing the game for a few days or set your ps2 clock forward so when you start up next time he's dead from old age. Very compelling, and just in time for Tim Kennedy to come back.

Beautiful post my man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

I.N.R.I posted:

I dont want to watch him fight anymore but I will

same

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm cool with seeing Silva fight so long as he's not fighting top ten dudes anymore. Silva vs Hall would be fine. Silva vs Sam Alvey? Great. Put him against flawed guys so that if he wins we get a show.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
anderson is in the same position that chuck was in when he was getting destroyed, he could probably beat a lot of people outside of like the top 10-15 but it's a waste to pay an old guy that much to fight a nobody.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Bluedeanie posted:

Anderson Silva coming back is really interesting to me actually because there's a lot of different ways a fight with him can go at this point. You can fight him straight on and it will still probably be pretty difficult, but you could also do any number of things, like kill and eat his pet parrot which will piss him off and make it harder to scout your location, or go out of your way in the marsh to find a sniper rifle early in the game so you can shoot him in his wheelchair on the docks and replacr the fight with multiple GRU search teams. You could even stop playing the game for a few days or set your ps2 clock forward so when you start up next time he's dead from old age. Very compelling, and just in time for Tim Kennedy to come back.

!

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Bluedeanie posted:

This is my favorite post ever

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
looks like we may have a world-class brawl between two legendary featherweight strikers coming this fall

https://twitter.com/criscyborg/status/1019620989896781824

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Soothing Vapors posted:

looks like we may have a world-class brawl between two legendary featherweight strikers coming this fall

Truly the female fedor.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Bluedeanie posted:

Does Anderson Silva have a parrot? This is important.

I know he sings to cockatiels and approve.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
It's cool that Cyborg is still doing the same promotional trick and matchmaking stuff this late into her career.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
*watches Cindy Dandois have one of the worst UFC debuts ever and get cut after one fight*. I think this is the clear #1 contender for my title.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Captain Log posted:

Does Anderson Silva have a parrot? This is important.

I know he sings to cockatiels and approve.

yeah but it doesn't taste good so the only point to eating it is to be a dick

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

*watches Cindy Dandois have one of the worst UFC debuts ever and get cut after one fight*. I think this is the clear #1 contender for my title.

It's women's 145. If you are breathing and can make the weight and are willing to get your rear end kicked, you can fight Cyborg.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I thought the name sounded familiar, but I couldn't believe that even women's 145 could get that stupid. It's the one I thought it was.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
cindy dandois was the fighter that really brought to the surface my deep distaste for women's mma. i guess i vaguely hope cyborg power bombs her through the mat. the 145lb division is conceptually insane to me.

https://streamable.com/br9u6

look at this poo poo. look at it. look at her hold her loving face out there in front of her body completely still while she throws kicks and does the YYYYY MM C A with her hands. discustinjg

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
it's not even punching like a girl. i've honest to gently caress never seen anything like it. she somehow manages to keep her arm completely extended through the entire process of the 'punch.' at one point she goes to push a punch and then just brings up her other hand to punch with it too at the same time. at no point does she appear interested in causing harm or discomfort to her opponent

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Isn't Dandois like 40 too?

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Gay Horney posted:

it's not even punching like a girl. i've honest to gently caress never seen anything like it. she somehow manages to keep her arm completely extended through the entire process of the 'punch.' at one point she goes to push a punch and then just brings up her other hand to punch with it too at the same time. at no point does she appear interested in causing harm or discomfort to her opponent

Oh, yeah. That was terrible.

Gay Horney posted:

it's not even punching like a girl. i've honest to gently caress never seen anything like it.

Ronda, but a little worse.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nah Dandois is way worse.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jul 19, 2018

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

So Anderson Silva's dick works again now?

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

So Anderson Silva's dick works again now?

Unverified.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Untrustable posted:

Unverified.

hmmmmm

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Ronda hit really hard for someone who was fairly unco at using her hands and her feet.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i respect cyborg after the holly holm fight.

every other performance of her career repulses me on a primal level. it's a combination of her rampant and truly epic abuse of steroids, the almost impossibly low calibre of her opponents, the made up title in a made up weight division, and the fact that she is an actual draw that curdles a cyborg fight into a deeply unsettling farce that feels like a blood sacrifice to the ugliest parts of humanity brought into the light by the elephant man, frankenstein's monster, and pt barnum's parade of unfortunates.

the fact that requesting cindy dandois is among the most offensive acts of her career is staggering. that streamable of dandois fighting in the ufc is literally unbelievable.

c'est la vie

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

If Cyborg fights Cindy i’m not even watching the fight.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Soothing Vapors posted:

Cyborg is whining because the UFC wants her to fight Nunes in December. Nunes wants the extra time to gain muscle to be a credible challenger at 145. Cyborg doesn't want to wait that long.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i don't want cyborg / dandois to take the place of any fight on any card because it is not a legitimate contest. nobody would sanction lawler / cmpunk. even the shadier native american commissions would pause at that. how the gently caress can the same commissions even consider what is ostensibly at least as big of a mismatch?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

i don't want cyborg / dandois to take the place of any fight on any card because it is not a legitimate contest. nobody would sanction lawler / cmpunk.

Wellllllllll

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
The amazing thing is Cyborg looks like a legitimate athlete compared to Gabi Garcia

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Cyborg ducking and trying to wrangle circumstances to be her absolute benefit has been her game forever, it's really weird to because she could still probably comfortably beat pretty much everyone.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Dan Didio posted:

Cyborg ducking and trying to wrangle circumstances to be her absolute benefit has been her game forever, it's really weird to because she could still probably comfortably beat pretty much everyone.

poo poo, i respect it. getting paid insane amounts of money to take zero damage and effortlessly destroy a person who is explicitly there to lose while increasing your stock because your fanbase consists entirely of effete deviants with extremely specific kinks is an enviable point in the career of someone who looks like, and is, cris cyborg.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

It would be a lot more palatable to me if she were just beating up bad legit featherweights rather than beating women significantly smaller than her bloody and sometimes missing weight while doing it.

I actually know someone who fought her, which I always forget.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Dan Didio posted:

It would be a lot more palatable to me if she were just beating up bad legit featherweights rather than beating women significantly smaller than her bloody and sometimes missing weight while doing it.

the best natural 145er in the world other than cyborg just got embarrassed by holly holm's wrestling. i just... cannot get my head around the gulf in talent.

Dan Didio posted:

I actually know someone who fought her, which I always forget.

that's cool. any passingly interesting anecdotes? a guy i work with knew the aforementioned second best w145er in the world personally when she wasn't a pro fighter. he said, quote, 'she is loving huge'. that's my story.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I always forget that the UFC decided to have Holly fight Anderson, such a weird decision.

Guess they've got to make the most of Holm's crazy contract.

And no, no interesting stories to tell. At least none that are mine to share.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Dan Didio posted:

I always forget that the UFC decided to have Holly fight Anderson, such a weird decision.

right? the only other 'credible' challenger to cyborg other than nunes and they fed her to holm for no reason. unless you consider removing any credibility she had carried over from invicta while not changing holm's career trajectory one little bit a reason, for some reason.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I would watch Holm vs Cyborg 2, and I've a feeling that might be what ends up happening, if only because it's the only fight outside of the Rousey fight where Holly's shown much urgency or purpose.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Gay Horney posted:

https://twitter.com/johnvvariety/status/442027738866925568

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

Marching Powder posted:

i don't want cyborg / dandois to take the place of any fight on any card because it is not a legitimate contest. nobody would sanction lawler / cmpunk. even the shadier native american commissions would pause at that. how the gently caress can the same commissions even consider what is ostensibly at least as big of a mismatch?

you've seen cyborgs record right?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i'd watch it if holm promises to that exact same combination she threw non-stop the entire last fight. i just could not stop thinking about how she was a professional boxer. a world champion boxer. and a world champion mixed martial artist. wmma still finding ways to be absolutely and utterly bizarre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

this is true

• Locked thread