Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

jay z's sedan posted:

you've seen cyborgs record right?

i have, but to be honest i'm having trouble parsing your point...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The most Holly Holm moment in history is either her dropping Valentina and doing absolutely nothing to follow up or recreate it over five rounds, or her almost getting knocked loopy by a gassed Ronda Rousey.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1019947348829630464

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Dana putting pressure on Cormier already... interesting.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
how. the gently caress is shogun on a really loving respectable 3 fight streak (lil nog, beastin, weidman's friend)?

well, if shogun or that smith dude get a quick ko and can safely do a quick turn around, the gus fight would be good.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

also, in poo poo no same person really cares about news, dc has replaced mm at the top of the p4p list. fair call imo.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Covington apparently won't (or can't) fight for the title on the timeframe the UFC wants.

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1019952640782979073

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

they should strip covington and then cut him from the roster completely.

can't wait to see how till's tentative technical striking will match up with woodley's unique style. after we find out, just close down the welterweight division for 6 months. completely strip it. like it never existed. then open it again and have a ww tournament and we'll start all over.

ww since lawler's reign has been as tragic as mark hunt's childhood and way less violent.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Marching Powder posted:

woodley's unique style

Thats the nicest way anyones ever put it.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Lol @ having to strip an interim belt, what a shitshow

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

have you guys seen that ww tournament that's happening in bellator? it is, no poo poo, better than whatever the gently caress the ufc's ww division has become by orders of magnitude.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
And the hits keep coming

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1019962142219481088

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Dan Didio posted:

Cyborg ducking and trying to wrangle circumstances to be her absolute benefit has been her game forever, it's really weird to because she could still probably comfortably beat pretty much everyone.

It’s the same cowardice that made her mutate in the first place

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

mewse posted:

Lol @ having to strip an interim belt, what a shitshow

Agreed. Just lmao

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Marching Powder posted:

have you guys seen that ww tournament that's happening in bellator? it is, no poo poo, better than whatever the gently caress the ufc's ww division has become by orders of magnitude.

WW is a dumpster fire. If the report is true they want to strip an interim belt off a guy because he won’t fight on a three month turnaround from going five rounds with RDA and want to give the title shot to a guy that can’t make weight. Good job ufc. Do the right thing and cancel 228

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
they try to use the interim belt poo poo to gain that control over match ups and timing so gotta laugha t them when it backfires

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Skip My Posts posted:

they try to use the interim belt poo poo to gain that control over match ups and timing so gotta laugha t them when it backfires

Thats how I interpret an interim title now. To me, (until Dana White changes his mind again) it means that you are now the mandatory challenger for the champion, but only at a time the UFC picks, and if you can't make the walk, then you lose your fake belt and your shot. Also, the interim title will cause you to be elevated to champion if the champ can't defend his belt for too long a period. That's not nothing, you have to dance for the UFC to cash in, but the interim title gives you a shot.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

lol

https://twitter.com/TWooodley/status/1019869194429423618

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
On the one hand, this interim belt thing being used to force guys into certain timetables is bullshit. On the other hand, gently caress Colby Covington.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Rigel posted:

Thats how I interpret an interim title now. To me, (until Dana White changes his mind again) it means that you are now the mandatory challenger for the champion, but only at a time the UFC picks, and if you can't make the walk, then you lose your fake belt and your shot. Also, the interim title will cause you to be elevated to champion if the champ can't defend his belt for too long a period. That's not nothing, you have to dance for the UFC to cash in, but the interim title gives you a shot.

it kinda worked at first but now guys and their management are figuring it out?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

hes so bad at that lol

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
just have tyron and Colby fight for the twitterweight belt in the online division and keep them the gently caress out of the octagon and off of my television

mewse
May 2, 2006

Skip My Posts posted:

hes so bad at that lol

Racist

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Skip My Posts posted:

it kinda worked at first but now guys and their management are figuring it out?

I wonder if he's hurt or if something else is not going right. If you don't think you can beat Woodley now, but you could later, then it probably makes sense to give up the fake belt and work for your next shot, because if you lose, thats a pretty big setback unless you have some kind of bloody battle that the fans want to see again. No one expects that in a Woodley fight.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Gay Horney posted:

just have tyron and Colby fight for the twitterweight belt in the online division and keep them the gently caress out of the octagon and off of my television

Same

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Can Colby still take the belt to Trump though

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
He can take off trumps belt and suck on his wiener for all I care

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Marching Powder posted:

I love the concept that every fight is a 5 rounder and every fight Rory is in in the tournament is a belt defense so whoever wins the tournament is also the champion at the end.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Plat mike is listening to too much drake lately but his dragon ball z shirts are cool as hell

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

more ufc hilarity

https://twitter.com/yay_yee/status/1019976630469447680

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1019983832299253760

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Dan Didio posted:

Ronda hit really hard for someone who was fairly unco at using her hands and her feet.

All the judo made her very coordinated. Translated well to power, just not to technique or tactics.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

idk if roundtree is any good but he seems like he hits super hard which might be really bad for gustafsson.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

lmao

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
when will u niggaz learn?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
You could not design a less efficient way to hurt someone with your arms and fists. I used to think the opposite of a punch was a kick but Cindy Dandois has truly broken new loving ground. You have to call her a pioneer of the sport because that poo poo has never been done before.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

I feel like Mike Perry is the bizarro dimension Sage Northcutt, and I love him.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

FishBowlRobot posted:

I feel like Mike Perry is the bizarro dimension Sage Northcutt, and I love him.

https://twitter.com/PlatinumPerry/s...ssible-fight%2F

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i gotta se ethat fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
if plat mike drops sage wth his first punch he will kill him dead

• Locked thread