Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Juice's new outfit is some Hostess Fruit Pie ad poo poo and I adore it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Side note: a friend of mine got someone into NJPW by showing them the G1 through the eyes of Yano, and he was amazed and delighted and now he watches New Japan.

This is pretty similar to my story, in that WK9 was the first NJPW show I watched - and as stuffed with talent as that card was, I came away wanting to see more of Yano than anyone else.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I Before E posted:

Juice's new outfit is some Hostess Fruit Pie ad poo poo and I adore it

I want to see Juice hang out with (or be a villain for) Newspaper Spider-Man now :allears:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

last year's Sanada vs Yano match in the G1 was only going to ever be one thing but boy did it deliver that perfectly

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Question: is there anyone Ishii doesn’t click with in the ring?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

harperdc posted:

He squeezed his legs together to counter it in the G1 Special multi-man match, if that wasn’t it then I absolutely need to see this special technique

https://twitter.com/mrlariato/status/815718199794823168

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Lady of the Lake is a great way to get punched in the balls, taint, or rear end hole

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bard Maddox posted:

Lady of the Lake is a great way to get punched in the balls, taint, or rear end hole

only if your soul has fear in it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

Question: is there anyone Ishii doesn’t click with in the ring?

his match with roddy strong was a disappointment and then ishii buried him after the match lol

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2018/07/hiroshi-tanahashis-daughter-to-appear-in-kamen-rider-build-movie/

"Daughter of famed wrestler and celebrity Kamen Rider fan will appear in the latest Kamen Rider movie.

Kamen Rider Build: Be the One opens in theaters on August 4th and will feature the daughter of Hiroshi Tanahashi, a 14-year-old junior model.

Tanahashi, a noted Kamen Rider fan, has appeared on variety shows and appeared in wrestling matches dressed as Kamen Riders. The wrestler also appeared in Kamen Rider Heisei Generations: Dr. Pacman VS Ex-Aid and Ghost with Legend Riders in 2016.

Tanahashi’s daughter will appear during the opening of the movie as the older sister of a young boy who Build saves from the Phantom Smash. She will also appear towards the end of the movie. Tanahashi’s daughter says she was influenced by her father was a kid, watching Kamen Rider Den-O during her youth. Tanahashi himself is pleased that his daughter is in a Kamen Rider movie and asks fans to look forward to her performance."

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm excited when the two things that consistently bring me joy combine.

Also, Tanahashi has kids?!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

coconono posted:

I'm excited when the two things that consistently bring me joy combine.

Also, Tanahashi has kids?!

Have you seen how women react to him? He has legions.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gaz-L posted:

Have you seen how women react to him? He has legions.

I figured he'd turn into a rubbery leg mess if women got too horny for him. like in my animes.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

coconono posted:

I figured he'd turn into a rubbery leg mess if women got too horny for him. like in my animes.

He'd never win a match then! I mean, Callis's crush on him alone has to be nearing a category 5 hurricane. :v:

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

He'd never win a match then! I mean, Callis's crush on him alone has to be nearing a category 5 hurricane. :v:

If you don't have a crush on Tana you don't have a pulse

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

That's great, but I need my Cockroach Wrestler movie like yesterday.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Jenkem Delivery posted:

If you don't have a crush on Tana you don't have a pulse
:hai:

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Finally nearly caught up. I think last time I posted I was about halfway through last year's G1 and since then I've finished that, watched WK12, the NJC, Sakura Genesis, Dominion, and notable bits and pieces from other shows along the way. I was planning to watch BoSJ as well but the G1 was already perilously close and I hadn't even watched Dominion yet so I'll just save it for after the G1. I'm I think 1 day behind (possibly 2 now, depending on timezones). I don't really have a ton to say other than wow a lot of cool poo poo has happened this year. I'm pulling for my boy Naito (clearly not an underdog favorite, according to that poll a page or 2 ago lol) to go 2 in a row and finally get his moment at WK13 vs Omega.

Other than that I'm hoping the positive updates on Hiromu lately keep going because he's quickly become my 2nd or 3rd favorite after Naito. Jay White's been impressive lately, ZSJ's run in the NJC was phenomenal and I hope he gets back to title contention at some point, and Toru Yano is a national treasure.

Scooby dooby doo.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Is it just me, or did the Night Four crowd seem hotter than the previous three? In listening to the crowd, it sounds like there were some gaijin out there being a bit rowdy (not, like, disrespectfully so, just loud enough to be heard), and the natives were spurred to cheer a little harder in response.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Is it just me, or did the Night Four crowd seem hotter than the previous three? In listening to the crowd, it sounds like there were some gaijin out there being a bit rowdy (not, like, disrespectfully so, just loud enough to be heard), and the natives were spurred to cheer a little harder in response.

Korauken Hall crowds are always hot

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
So Jericho is only in NJPW as a mole for WWE to snag Kenny and the Bucks, right?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

He’s in NJPW because New Japan is good and he wants to wrestle there.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

fart blood posted:

So Jericho is only in NJPW as a mole for WWE to snag Kenny and the Bucks, right?

They've basically turned this into a story arc in BTE.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Making Styles the champ for this long is part of it too, but it's sort of backfiring since they've made it so nobody cares

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Toru Yano is literally the greatest worker of all time. Not the best wrestler or performer or whatever, but the man gets everything out of nothing and all wrestlers should be Mr. Yano

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Your Personal Muse posted:

Toru Yano is literally the greatest worker of all time. Not the best wrestler or performer or whatever, but the man gets everything out of nothing and all wrestlers should be Mr. Yano

He's genuinely great.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
ok i think i've figured it out, so okada is coping with losing the title and this losing streak by trying to be happier, smile more, the balloons and everything, and its like this forced happiness thats loving with him right?

so all you need to do is replace yuna with gedo and tidus with okada, and there you have the newest version of the rrrrrainmaker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5FTJxfV3pc

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/1019082942323146752

This entire thread is amazing, and apparently EVIL and Naito are friends from before either started wrestling. :3:

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I think my favorite moment so far from this year's G1 is the sheer disdain with which Suzuki pinned YOSHI. Spitting as he does it, barely bothering to even stay on for the full three count. God I love him.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Barry Bluejeans posted:

I think my favorite moment so far from this year's G1 is the sheer disdain with which Suzuki pinned YOSHI. Spitting as he does it, barely bothering to even stay on for the full three count. God I love him.
Why though? I thought he was supposed to be a heel. :v:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Kevin and Don talking up Yoshi's prospects on day 1 (as if he was a dark horse) was great.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

NJPW has a hold on the Orleans arena for November in Las Vegas. capacity for wrestling is about 7800

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Tokamak posted:

Kevin and Don talking up Yoshi's prospects on day 1 (as if he was a dark horse) was great.

Especially as a few days in, his own stablemate Rocky was completely trashing him.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

NJPW has a hold on the Orleans arena for November in Las Vegas. capacity for wrestling is about 7800

Where are you hearing this?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Especially as a few days in, his own stablemate Rocky was completely trashing him.

Where are you hearing this?

One of my employees works for the Orleans box office and told me that they had a held date there.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

my uncle who works for nintendo said that daryl is going to be in smash ultimate

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rare Magic card l00k posted:

my uncle who works for nintendo said that daryl is going to be in smash ultimate

George Barrios' uncle works for Nintendo?!

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

VJeff posted:

George Barrios' uncle works for Nintendo?!

Perhaps you have heard of him, his name is Reggie.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Was thinking while watching the last G1 show how interesting and odd the NJPW schedule is. For this whole month the tag, 6-man, and Junior divisions (and NEVER I guess) are all put on hold. Same, but swap Jr for Heavyweight for BOSJ. I wonder if the same kind of thing could work for mainstream US audiences. The guys in the various divisions aren't necessarily off, just put on the backburner while other things are happening.

This is a ramble, just something I never really spent any time thinking about before.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the functioning wrestling schedules have always included time for guys to leave or cycle down so the audience can miss them. back in the day it was guys rotating out of the territory, new japan achieves something similar by having different divisions featured throughout the year. ideally you have working relationships so guys can still get regular dates and establish themselves elsewhere when they arent featured

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

And as a plus, it gives Hiromu more time to heal.

(hiromuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu)