Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OfChristandMen
Feb 14, 2006

GENERIC CANDY AVATAR #2
I gotta get a purple. Mint, we gotta JOKER up and destroy all these other candy losers into Abolish-MINT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

OfChristandMen posted:

I gotta get a purple. Mint, we gotta JOKER up and destroy all these other candy losers into Abolish-MINT.

Your gonna get nothin but face cards and we're all gonna laugh at you

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Hahaha!

That was a little preview for you.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I’m writing a story it’s pretty good :ocelot:

and by good I mean bad, like team lollipop

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Wow gently caress you plumpy

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Wow gently caress you plumpy

Back off Plumpy ya dilapidated ruin, Plumpy fulfils an important function in Candy Land an I don't see you stepping up to the plate to take over.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Birdstrike posted:

I’m writing a story it’s pretty good :ocelot:

and by good I mean bad, like team lollipop

Can you finish mine bc I'm probably never gonna get around to it

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

AJ_Impy posted:

Oh, what a surprise, Chocolate is bitter and melts in the slightest heat.

this is what I was looking for, god drat son

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
:frogout::effort::siren:BiRDSTRiKE’S CHALLENGE NUMBER WHATEVER EROTiC RESTRiCTiON FiCTiON :siren::effort::frogout:

The opulence of the scene before her in no way suggested the mortal dread Marja was now feeling. But what could be done? Mere hours ago the President of the United States was brash and loud and full of life, and now he was dead. As Donald Trump stiffened into the great beyond, it fell to Marja and her team to SAVE CIVILISATION.

Marja entered the room in hermetically sealed hazmat gear. If the Secret Service had performed a sweep before she got there it was impossible to tell - the penthouse of Helsinki’s Grand Perkele Hotel betrayed no clues of prior interference.

Not a hair was present, let alone out of place. What happened to that orange mop?

“It’s eerie,” said Sirpa as she followed closely behind Marja, also in full hazmat gear. “No signs of a life.”

“Compose yourself” Marja retorted impatiently. “We’re here to find evidence, keep your opinions quiet until your shift is over.”

It was Marja’s duty to find evidence, conduct geopolitical analysis to find why Russia possibly assassinated the US President in Helsinki. But so many questions still lingered, chief among them, why would Russia kill Trump, the best ally they’ve ever had?

Marja’s impertinence toward Sirpa belied her feelings of unease. After reading about the escapades of the President in hotel rooms with other women and his penchant for watersports, Marja expected the room to be filthy. But this one looked untouched. The only items of evidence Trump had ever been in the room were the soccer ball he had given to Barron, as round and smooth as that child’s brain; and a half eaten box of chocolates which were gifted by Putin.

One of Marja’s younger assistants, Sami, barged into the room. “What’s taking so long ladies?” he asked insouciantly.

Marja turned to this young man who was play-acting at POTUS. “You idiot!” she yelled though her helmet muffled the sound. “Where is your protective suit? You’ll contaminate the scene.”

“Haha,” Sami laughed, “the only thing you’ll contaminate in those suits is a circus. For clowns.”

“Besides, it’s a hotel room. It’s already contaminated by god-knows-what” Sami chortled as he popped two of the darkly glistening chocolates into his mouth with millennial haste. He savoured that glorious mix of sweet and umami flavours as the confections melted over his tongue, a sweet worthy of being given to the most powerful man in the world.

Within seconds Sami collapsed to the ground, his mouth now spouting a dark brown foam, sticky and with a sickly sweet smell. Arms and legs flailed and twitched as Sami’s lithe and taut body convulsed in agonising pain, screaming inaudibly as he choked on the cocoa-coloured foam.

Marja, stunned, watched in horror as Sami’s death throes continued. She thought to tell Sirpa to run and get help, but if the medics rushed in without protective suits than surely they would die as well, such was the potency of the deadly substances involved. As Marja stood paralysed, Sirpa had put all the pieces together.

Vittu!This isn’t chocolate.

It’s novichokolate.”

Of course, Sirpa was wrong. Sure, the chocolate was highly, highly poisonous, but that was from improper storage allowing bacteria to flourish in the northern summer.

No, chocolate didn’t kill The Don. He hadn’t touched the stuff. Donald Trump hated chocolate. It reminded him too much of Europeans, and they were losers. Putin told him to give them to Nancy, but Jared was hungry and didn’t know how to order any food in Finnish.

No, Donald Trump much preferred good old fashioned, all-American Haribo gummy bears from Germany. “They made a cartoon about them, you know” he would tell people for no particular reason. “They’re winners.”

If Marja and Sirpa has bothered to look in the bathroom they would have found two empty packs of gummy bears, the Orange One’s favourite snack. That final morsel was too much for his digestive system to gummy bear, and so it vacated his body to lie festering in the hotel bathroom.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Moatillata posted:

Can you finish mine bc I'm probably never gonna get around to it

look at this mf who doesn't even like candy

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

WereGoat posted:

Cats or GTFO

More Jokers for the Joker God:

CHALLENGE 4: CANDIED COMPANIONS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM4vU52HLww

In which Marlowe the cat eats a rare treat: banana!

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Captain Foo posted:

look at this mf who doesn't even like candy

This is bullshit I helped pay her kids way thru college

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Moatillata posted:

This is bullshit I helped pay her kids way thru college

clown college

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Birdstrike posted:

clown college

It's a proud tradition in their family

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

No turn tonight, I've wrecked something in my back and all the standing up and sitting down and crouching to take photos and the walking back and forth to the board is just not doable. We'll be back on in 24 hours or so. In the meantime, play on.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Yowch, take it easy, man.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

hexwren posted:

No turn tonight, I've wrecked something in my back and all the standing up and sitting down and crouching to take photos and the walking back and forth to the board is just not doable. We'll be back on in 24 hours or so. In the meantime, play on.

hm this is not sweet

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

hexwren posted:

Curse of the forums

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

AJ_Impy posted:

Candied Companion Challenge!

These are my cats. This is rare archive footage of them not engaged in world war cat whilst in close proximity. As we're in the middle of a heat wave, they're currently not doing much cuddling for warmth.

The huge grey ball of fluff is called Will. We append a variety of suffixes to that, such as Willard, Wilberforce, Willy the Magic Kitty (My wife has an irrepressible streak of whimsy) and the like. He is incredibly sociable, and will mount an expedition to claim your lap should you take a seat within his demesne, whoever you may be.

The orange streak of nervous energy is called Tesla. He will run and hide for several hours if any unauthorised people cross our threshold even briefly. For those individuals who do pass muster, he will happily stand on to his heart's content, with no regard for propriety or personal space. I think they deserve some treats, don't you?

Tesla seems disdainful, shunning the treats as if I'd offered him some gummy candy, bubblegum or similar subpar comestible.

Willmington is at least paying attention, though his expression tells its own story. At least I'm able to give him them this time.

If this earns a ##Joker, it's lay the cards on the table time, and we would like to play it, please.

An appropriate distribution of treats. You receive a Joker.

Birdstrike posted:

:frogout::effort::siren:BiRDSTRiKE’S CHALLENGE NUMBER WHATEVER EROTiC RESTRiCTiON FiCTiON :siren::effort::frogout:

The opulence of the scene before her in no way suggested the mortal dread Marja was now feeling. But what could be done? Mere hours ago the President of the United States was brash and loud and full of life, and now he was dead. As Donald Trump stiffened into the great beyond, it fell to Marja and her team to SAVE CIVILISATION.

Marja entered the room in hermetically sealed hazmat gear. If the Secret Service had performed a sweep before she got there it was impossible to tell - the penthouse of Helsinki’s Grand Perkele Hotel betrayed no clues of prior interference.

Not a hair was present, let alone out of place. What happened to that orange mop?

“It’s eerie,” said Sirpa as she followed closely behind Marja, also in full hazmat gear. “No signs of a life.”

“Compose yourself” Marja retorted impatiently. “We’re here to find evidence, keep your opinions quiet until your shift is over.”

It was Marja’s duty to find evidence, conduct geopolitical analysis to find why Russia possibly assassinated the US President in Helsinki. But so many questions still lingered, chief among them, why would Russia kill Trump, the best ally they’ve ever had?

Marja’s impertinence toward Sirpa belied her feelings of unease. After reading about the escapades of the President in hotel rooms with other women and his penchant for watersports, Marja expected the room to be filthy. But this one looked untouched. The only items of evidence Trump had ever been in the room were the soccer ball he had given to Barron, as round and smooth as that child’s brain; and a half eaten box of chocolates which were gifted by Putin.

One of Marja’s younger assistants, Sami, barged into the room. “What’s taking so long ladies?” he asked insouciantly.

Marja turned to this young man who was play-acting at POTUS. “You idiot!” she yelled though her helmet muffled the sound. “Where is your protective suit? You’ll contaminate the scene.”

“Haha,” Sami laughed, “the only thing you’ll contaminate in those suits is a circus. For clowns.”

“Besides, it’s a hotel room. It’s already contaminated by god-knows-what” Sami chortled as he popped two of the darkly glistening chocolates into his mouth with millennial haste. He savoured that glorious mix of sweet and umami flavours as the confections melted over his tongue, a sweet worthy of being given to the most powerful man in the world.

Within seconds Sami collapsed to the ground, his mouth now spouting a dark brown foam, sticky and with a sickly sweet smell. Arms and legs flailed and twitched as Sami’s lithe and taut body convulsed in agonising pain, screaming inaudibly as he choked on the cocoa-coloured foam.

Marja, stunned, watched in horror as Sami’s death throes continued. She thought to tell Sirpa to run and get help, but if the medics rushed in without protective suits than surely they would die as well, such was the potency of the deadly substances involved. As Marja stood paralysed, Sirpa had put all the pieces together.

Vittu!This isn’t chocolate.

It’s novichokolate.”

Of course, Sirpa was wrong. Sure, the chocolate was highly, highly poisonous, but that was from improper storage allowing bacteria to flourish in the northern summer.

No, chocolate didn’t kill The Don. He hadn’t touched the stuff. Donald Trump hated chocolate. It reminded him too much of Europeans, and they were losers. Putin told him to give them to Nancy, but Jared was hungry and didn’t know how to order any food in Finnish.

No, Donald Trump much preferred good old fashioned, all-American Haribo gummy bears from Germany. “They made a cartoon about them, you know” he would tell people for no particular reason. “They’re winners.”

If Marja and Sirpa has bothered to look in the bathroom they would have found two empty packs of gummy bears, the Orange One’s favourite snack. That final morsel was too much for his digestive system to gummy bear, and so it vacated his body to lie festering in the hotel bathroom.

I do not even know what the gently caress. However, you followed the rules, so you get the Joker.

Prince of Space posted:

More Jokers for the Joker God:

CHALLENGE 4: CANDIED COMPANIONS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM4vU52HLww

In which Marlowe the cat eats a rare treat: banana!

Perfection. Have another Joker.

Dog Kisser posted:

Cool, cool, cool.

##joker

Noted.

Captain Foo posted:

##joker

throw all those other candies in the garbage because our succ is too mighty

Team Lollipop does not at this time have a Joker to play.

Ramos posted:

##joker

Gotta keep going.

Noted.

AJ_Impy posted:

As it was between the processing of the last turn, I reiterate the ##joker for this.

Noted.

Turn 11 is forthcoming.

hexwren fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Jul 21, 2018

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Reasons why this post was delayed #547a:

No, that's my chair, Rosie.

Meanwhile, Chocolate is the engine of their own demise.

Monathin stays in place, unable to gather either of the team's two yellows.

Bubblegum avoids disaster with their Joker play:

and Prince of Space...

...moves into contention.

Gummy, similarly to Chocolate, has a sticky situation on their hands.

One that Birdstrike will not be escaping this turn.

Team Can't Count Lollipop, then.

They don't make up much ground, but Podima's finally out of the bottom fifth of the rankings, and Ursine's ridiculous piece has made it out of the Gumdrop Mountains.

And so, on to Mint and their Joker play. Let us see if we have a winner this turn. OfChrist needs a purple card to cross the threshold.

Do they do it?

No.

In fact, this is more skulduggery - where did the last purple draw go?

One column over.

At least Impy and Jon Joe make big moves.

And the purple card isn't entirely wasted...

So what's the rundown looking like now?

OfChrist and Prince in the lead, Impy and Dog Kisser closing rapidly.

Foo on the far curve, WereGoat and Studio pursuing.

Birdstrike still lost in the woods.

Ramos, Frisbee and Moat about halfway around the board.

oldskool, Jon Joe and Ursine a little less than that.

Monathin and UnCO3, then...

...Podima and CirclMastr.

Dancer and Anon remain in the rear.

You may now return to poo poo-talking.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
:hmmyes:
##joker

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
It's cold and lonely back here

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

It's cold and lonely back here

I'm sure you're used to it ya hideous boil.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Noted.

Turn 12 is forthcoming.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Man I know I'm gonna eat my words cuz this is motherfucking Candyland and all but I just wanna say it's been a real pleasure beating you all to the endzone.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Prince of Space posted:

Man I know I'm gonna eat my words cuz this is motherfucking Candyland and all but I just wanna say it's been a real pleasure beating you all to the endzone.

lmao at your gmao

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Turn 12.

Here we go.

Bubblegum plays the only Joker of the turn.

And here's what they get.

Prince of Space enters the homestretch...

...followed closely by Dog Kisser.

Mistaken Frisbee...

...catches a trip up to the Lollipop Woods, catching up with Studio. All four Bubblegum entrants are now past the halfway point of the board.

So what's up with Gummy right now?

Doubles.

But they're the wrong color. Birdstrike is still lost in the woods.

Moat and Ramos, meanwhile...

...move ahead.

Team Lollipop, however...

...starts moving back.

Once again, it is time to ask the all-important question:

Has a representative of Team Mint won the game?

No.

UnCO3's stealing-the-last-purple-card crimes bear bitter fruit this turn, as well.

UnCO3 joins Monathin in the Gooey Gumdrops.

And speaking of Monathin, last, but not literally so (at the moment), Team Chocolate:

Slowly, they move forward.

Except for Monathin.

So here's the standings, and this time I've moved pieces out of the way (and haven't fogged the edges of the frame to force focus on the individual pieces) so you can see the path and might get a better idea of how far along everyone is.

The frontrunners. OfChrist in the lead. Prince of Space, Dog Kisser and AJ_Impy close behind.

Along the backstretch, but not yet at the final turn, Captain Foo..

By Queen Frostine and the Ice Cream Sea, WereGoat, Studio and Mistaken Frisbee.

Birdstrike, still wandering the Lollipop Woods.

Moat and Ramos, at the Peanut Brittle House, halfway to the Kastle.

oldskool and Jon Joe, at the far end of the Rainbow Trail.

UnCO3 and Monathin, stuck in the Gooey Gumdrops. Right behind them, CirclMastr and Podima.

At the back of the pack, Dancer, Anon and Ursine.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
replace mod imo

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
God dammit mr mint you prick

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
##joker me

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
:hmmyes::hmmyes::hmmyes::hmmyes::hmmyes:
##joker

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Somebody gave me some gummy bears to eat the other day. They were gross.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Somebody gave me some gummy bears to eat the other day. They were gross.

Gummy bears as a gift, a seal of friendship, a token of your bond. You mayor pretend this gift was gross, or nasty, but your jealousy is plain.

"Gummies stick together" continues to be proven true. Team gummy is best. Team friendship. Team togetherness.

Then look at lollipop. A candy, alone atop a stick. A symbol of narcissism. A symbol of loneliness.

Boo you.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
JOKER CHALLENGE #1: CANDY IN MY EYES

Having found the listings for the nearest candy shop in Los Angeles I went to my local mall and immediately got lost on the wrong floor.

Lolli and Pops Purveryors of Sweets! Seems promising, just from the exterior alone...

Walking inside, and there is row after row of fine chocolates to choose from.

Here's the shop in its entirety, from the entrance.

In the very back of the store is a giant golden gummi bear!

They had their gummi station in the back.

Giant Golden Gummy up close!

They also had their sour station in the back, on the other side, as well as tins and boxes you could buy for gifting candies. I just grabbed a plastic bag and started filling it!

I stopped taking pictures so I don't get to show you the various buckets of chocolate and fruity candies they also had in the other sections, but rest assured they were there!

Back home with a big ol' bag! Here's the stash:

Crunchy Nuggets (exotic), Turkish Delights (exotic), a generic Lollipop, several Pecan, Caramel, and Chocolate Patties, two scoops of Mint Chocolate Malt Balls, some Gummi Watermelon slices, and a scoop of Lightning Gumballs. I felt like every Candyland team was represented this way.

I started with the Chocolate, Pecan and Caramel Patties.

Really soft and gooey chewy, with only the mildest crunch possible from the nuts inside. Quite delicious!

Next up were several Mint Chocolate Malt Balls. I had never seen these before and needed to give them a try!

As a fan of mint chocolate ice cream, these are amazing! The outer coating of mint was a little waxier than the layer of chocolate in the middle, but when you eat them whole it hardly makes a difference!

Into the fridge those went, for later. It's much too hot out here to just leave chocolate sitting out! Here's the next bag of goodies:

My favorite kind of Sour Patch Kids candy are the watermelon slices, so when I saw these stacks of jelly watermelons sitting in the candy buckets I had to give them a try!

This was a good decision. The gelatin of the jelly watermelon was still sticky, sweet and supple, and felt "meaty" to the bite. The green watermelon rind section was actually harder than the rest of the gummi, which came as a fun tactile surprise!

Last but not least, the Lightning Gumballs. I picked the pink one and bit in.

Ugh. I was expecting tart flavors to the gum itself, I was expecting a sour edge to add a kick of "lightning" to it. What I wasn't expecting was a generic, flavorless, 25-cent gumball machine gumball wrapped around a pure ball of sour salts. I've never chewed a gum so fast just to make the acidic flavor go away.

When the sour flavor had fully left the gum I promptly spat it out and popped another gumball in my mouth just to see if I wasn't imaging things. Pretty sure I burned my tongue on the sour salts from that second one!

In fact, that last candy was so bad I'll have to put the rest of the candy tour on hold for now. I'll save my exotic and generic treats for another challenge!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

One more round of Plumpy immunity, mofos! :ssj:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF
AND FACE TO
G U M M Y

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

goddamn a gumball full of sour salts sounds awful

I am so sorry

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Birdstrike posted:

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF
AND FACE TO
G U M M Y

The one true golden god!

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Prince of Space posted:

JOKER CHALLENGE #1: CANDY IN MY EYES

Having found the listings for the nearest candy shop in Los Angeles I went to my local mall and immediately got lost on the wrong floor.

Lolli and Pops Purveryors of Sweets! Seems promising, just from the exterior alone...

Walking inside, and there is row after row of fine chocolates to choose from.

Here's the shop in its entirety, from the entrance.

In the very back of the store is a giant golden gummi bear!

They had their gummi station in the back.

Giant Golden Gummy up close!

They also had their sour station in the back, on the other side, as well as tins and boxes you could buy for gifting candies. I just grabbed a plastic bag and started filling it!

I stopped taking pictures so I don't get to show you the various buckets of chocolate and fruity candies they also had in the other sections, but rest assured they were there!

Back home with a big ol' bag! Here's the stash:

Crunchy Nuggets (exotic), Turkish Delights (exotic), a generic Lollipop, several Pecan, Caramel, and Chocolate Patties, two scoops of Mint Chocolate Malt Balls, some Gummi Watermelon slices, and a scoop of Lightning Gumballs. I felt like every Candyland team was represented this way.

I started with the Chocolate, Pecan and Caramel Patties.

Really soft and gooey chewy, with only the mildest crunch possible from the nuts inside. Quite delicious!

Next up were several Mint Chocolate Malt Balls. I had never seen these before and needed to give them a try!

As a fan of mint chocolate ice cream, these are amazing! The outer coating of mint was a little waxier than the layer of chocolate in the middle, but when you eat them whole it hardly makes a difference!

Into the fridge those went, for later. It's much too hot out here to just leave chocolate sitting out! Here's the next bag of goodies:

My favorite kind of Sour Patch Kids candy are the watermelon slices, so when I saw these stacks of jelly watermelons sitting in the candy buckets I had to give them a try!

This was a good decision. The gelatin of the jelly watermelon was still sticky, sweet and supple, and felt "meaty" to the bite. The green watermelon rind section was actually harder than the rest of the gummi, which came as a fun tactile surprise!

Last but not least, the Lightning Gumballs. I picked the pink one and bit in.

Ugh. I was expecting tart flavors to the gum itself, I was expecting a sour edge to add a kick of "lightning" to it. What I wasn't expecting was a generic, flavorless, 25-cent gumball machine gumball wrapped around a pure ball of sour salts. I've never chewed a gum so fast just to make the acidic flavor go away.

When the sour flavor had fully left the gum I promptly spat it out and popped another gumball in my mouth just to see if I wasn't imaging things. Pretty sure I burned my tongue on the sour salts from that second one!

In fact, that last candy was so bad I'll have to put the rest of the candy tour on hold for now. I'll save my exotic and generic treats for another challenge!

While the content in this post is enough to earn a Joker, a player can only complete each challenge once for credit. Otherwise, any player could buy five types of candy and try them all across five different posts---it would be unfair to other players to set a minimum or maximum number of candies per post. I would like to see the conclusion of this post, however. I am intrigued by what remains.

Birdstrike posted:

##joker me

Noted.

Noted.

Turn 13 is forthcoming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

It's

Turn 13

and Gummy starts it off big.

Birdstrike gets free and everyone jumps ahead.

Meanwhile, not such good results for Team Lollipop.

Ursine jumps out in front of Anon again, Podima luckily hops past the Gooey Gumdrops, and Captain Foo scoots forward, drawing even with WereGoat.

So, Team Mint. Does someone win tod---oh, hey, look at that.

Now, then, let's check in on the frontrunners. Do we have a minty winner today?

No, we do not.

Meanwhile, Chocolate.

Purple and red looks like a vintage candy wrapper, but...

...it doesn't get Monathin unstuck.

Now, then. Bubblegum. Are they contending for real? Let's see.

Studio and Frisbee only go a few spaces.

Prince of Space...

...moves into range. Doubles of any color except purple will cause them to stay in place on a turn. Dog Kisser, meanwhile...

...throws double red and lands alongside OfChristandMen. If any of these three draw a purple card, they win the game.

AJ is 16 squares from the end and moving fast.

WereGoat and Cap'm Foo are tied for fifth.

UnCO3, Studio and Frisbee are rounding the shore of the Ice Cream Sea.

Birdstrike is finally free.

Moat and Ramos have passed the halfway point.

Jon Joe and oldskool have not.

CirclMastr and Podima are leaving the Gumdrop Mountains, albeit slowly. Monathin is not.

Dancer has landed just short of the entry to Gumdrop Pass. Ursine and Anon remain in last.

• Locked thread