Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
It looks so good!

"Would you be my new best friends?" :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trouser_mouse
Apr 27, 2008

I like the quarry with a dodgy green sky effect in the new trailer, reminds me of the pink sky on Varos or the sea/sky on Thoros Beta

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

I dunno if I like the new sonic design.

You can hardly see it in the trailer though?

Unless you're talking about the leaked design in which case ya, it's totally a vibrator

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

AndyElusive posted:

You can hardly see it in the trailer though?

Unless you're talking about the leaked design in which case ya, it's totally a vibrator

There’s official art of it now

https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/1020027408123088896

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Man, I love literally everything about 13 right now.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

This is a little busy around the edges, but I actually like the sonic a little better in that picture than what I'd seen of it before. Also still like Thirteen's outfit.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/doctorwhosource/status/1020015850240299010

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That hood is sooooo good.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ya, personally I think it invokes a cool tech wizard vibe or something and I think that's real loving cool.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Better look at the ol' sonic

https://twitter.com/thetimeladies_/status/1020029838348955649

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Chibs saw no Daleks in Series 11

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Davros1 posted:

I'll believe that when I (don't) see it.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

now I know how all those tumbler people felt during 10's run.

looks proper alien. i like it.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Davros1 posted:

What will the Nation estate say about that? :ohdear:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

AndyElusive posted:

Ya, personally I think it invokes a cool tech wizard vibe or something and I think that's real loving cool.

It looks like she's about to fire up her lightsaber

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I do not like this.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

It's a baby Zarbi and she yanked all the legs off, pretty disgusting if you ask me

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Yvonmukluk posted:

I thought that was pretty much hearsay and not an actual binding legal agreement?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Box of Bunnies posted:

It looks so good!

"Would you be my new best friends?" :3:

I automatically said,"Yes!" :sweatdrop:

And yes, the hood is loving awesome.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I thought that was pretty much hearsay and not an actual binding legal agreement?

Moffat always said it was a complete lie, but every single year there was always at least one scene featuring a Dalek, even in years where there was only ONE episode of Who to watch. So people could be forgiven for thinking that there might be something to it.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

The trailer looks nothing like Doctor Who.

And I mean that in the best possible way.

If they can nail the spirit of Doctor Who, the best parts of the Classic Series, Big Finish, RTD, and Moffat when they got it absolutely right, and keep the canon, combined with this look--Doctor Who will rise to a whole 'nother level.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!

Liked that a lot better than the teaser trailer, for sure. Even in just the brief bits shown here, you can tell Jodie's natural charm (and excitement at playing the role) is just gonna radiate off the screen so wonderfully. :)

However, as I've said before, NuWho generally leaves me cold; so until I've seen an actual episode, I'm going to remain firmly planted over here in the chair labeled "Cautiously Optimistic" for now. :v:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Interesting, that's got a really expensive Prestige TV look to it, like the BBC are throwing HBO style money at it, which is nice. The shot with the low white buildings and tanks has 'Montgomery motor pool' on the side of one of them, indicating, yes, we're getting Rosa Parks. The motel looks a bit like the one Martin Luther King was shot at, but that was in Memphis.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

It's actually an extremely important, extremely binding legal arrangement the Tenth Doctor made with Davros a long time ago, and if there is ever a season that doesn't feature them, they are allowed to go back in time and create Nigel Farage.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Watching Shada on BBC America. The Fourth Doctor was born to be a cartoon

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/updatesb99/status/1020096525379227651?s=21

Oh drat.

Oh drat.

Oh drat.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

It's everything I love in one go :swoon:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

This cast already looks like they're having so much fun working together. :allears:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Edward Mass posted:

Interesting! It's going to take some time to get used to her accent, but I'll manage.

Feels like a kind of callback to Eccleston which is fine by me, nice synergy. Also hurrah for the magic poo buzzy thing.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I understood her accent just fine :shrug:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I understood her accent just fine :shrug:

Yeah, regional accents add charm and variety and authenticity to a show. Eccleston was right.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

Yeah, regional accents add charm and variety and authenticity to a show.

:hai:

Bicyclops posted:

Eccleston was right.

Check out this evergreen post :hai::hf::hai:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

If they had let Jackie Lane talk like she did in her first episode and they hadn't tried to make poor Nicola Bryant do "American," it wouldn't have forced them to act in shackles.

I am really partial to David Tennant's "I'm not Scottish ;) " Estuary-ish thing, but really, they should have let him be Scottish too.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Lots of planets have a North. :colbert:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Speaking of Scottish Doctors, I’m actually kind of digging Dragonfire. Granted, my love for McCoy is probably coloring my perception, but the aesthetic is decent, Ace is great from her very first scene, and even Mel is alright.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Yvonmukluk posted:

Didn't someone poo-poo that as a thing (that they demand a once a season thing) a while ago?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The "Each Season" Nation Estate Rule of Darkness is extremely real, and showrunners who disobey it are literally murdered by Kamelion and stuffed into the secret Mugabe vault.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

They actually tried to reprogram Kamelion to stop doing it, but the guy who knew how died mysteriously :tinfoil:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

People are already able to pick up the new sonic at SDCC. I guess they really want to get ahead of broadcast instead of lagging months behind like the previous years.

https://twitter.com/lsirikul/status/1020080071338385408/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

They have to mass produce them now in case Matt Smith happens by the set one day.

• Locked thread