Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The day I decided to break down and FINALLY buy a Neca Godzilla figure of any kind, they stopped carrying them at Toys R Us. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They've stopped carrying a lot of things at Toys R Us, really.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Target will be carrying NECA now.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

They are still here in Canada but distribution for some lines is a complete joke.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

DLC Inc posted:

Ghidorah's codename being "Monster Zero" is an awesome throwback.

The interesting thing here is that, implicitly, Monarch are comparable to the evil alien invaders.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Big Monarch coming to take my monsters away

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
https://twitter.com/MonarchSciences/status/1020020599572213760

oops, somebody woke Ghidorah up.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Global warming's a bitch when an ancient unstoppable alien hydra-dragon is entombed in the ice.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Target will be carrying NECA now.

Why did you go and tell me that. My poor wallet.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

So has anyone else watched Godzilla: City on the Edge Of Battle yet?

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I've got 30 minutes left.

A lot of interesting ideas spoiled by a glacially slow plot and not enough Kaiju.

Caros
May 14, 2008

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Caught it last night. Decent enough, though the action feels like a rehash of the previous film (since it is up until the climax).

Neat setup for the humanoid races, and It clarifies what the exif's sinister plan is going to be. They pretty clearly wanted to end up where and when they are, presumably because when ghidora comes for them, they kor at least the obviously evil one) are hoping that godzilla might kick his heads in.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

The distinct lack of actually introducing Mothra was a big let-down imo. Stoked that Gidorah will be in the third and final episode. Earth Godzilla is still amazingly powerful, but no actual Mecha Godzilla after it was promised was also a bummer, although I did like the Vultures quite a bit.

Edit: Also the more I see Earth Godzilla's heat beam the more I like how it functions.

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jul 19, 2018

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Speaking of NECAzillas, I found the Shin Godzilla and it owns.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's shin Godzilla is a lot better than people give it credit for

The head is a little too long and that's it

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

How do you get past Amber clearance?

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
Just finished Part 2 of the anime. It remains insane and, while I like it more than I did the first one, this still isn't really what I want from a piece of Godzilla media. Happy for people who can enjoy it though.

Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013

Pollyanna posted:

How do you get past Amber clearance?

The “official” way has not been found yet, but this reddit thread shows you how to get in anyway.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GODZILLA/comments/905o9n/how_to_get_crimson_clearance_on_monarch_sciences/

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Sinistral posted:

The “official” way has not been found yet, but this reddit thread shows you how to get in anyway.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GODZILLA/comments/905o9n/how_to_get_crimson_clearance_on_monarch_sciences/

Tidbits from crimson:

Mothra confirmed to have lasers from her wings.

Rodan's wings can create city-busting sonic booms and has armor made of volcanic rock over his skin.

Ghidorah creates electrified hurricanes when he flies.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
poo poo better get apocalyptic

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Cythereal posted:

Tidbits from crimson:

Mothra confirmed to have lasers from her wings.

Rodan's wings can create city-busting sonic booms and has armor made of volcanic rock over his skin.

Ghidorah creates electrified hurricanes when he flies.

Like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/JasonfromTB/status/1020104747540451328

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I swear we had a Fry Take My Money emote.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
The Rodan magma blood / magma armor is a nice throwback to the twin Rodans' birth near a volcano and their subsequent deaths in it.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Caros posted:

Caught it last night. Decent enough, though the action feels like a rehash of the previous film (since it is up until the climax).

Neat setup for the humanoid races, and It clarifies what the exif's sinister plan is going to be. They pretty clearly wanted to end up where and when they are, presumably because when ghidora comes for them, they kor at least the obviously evil one) are hoping that godzilla might kick his heads in.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

The distinct lack of actually introducing Mothra was a big let-down imo. Stoked that Gidorah will be in the third and final episode. Earth Godzilla is still amazingly powerful, but no actual Mecha Godzilla after it was promised was also a bummer, although I did like the Vultures quite a bit.

Edit: Also the more I see Earth Godzilla's heat beam the more I like how it functions.

Yeah I was sitting there watching it thinking "Hmmm only 30 minutes left, they're leaving it awfully late to transform the city into MechaGodzilla .... only 20 minutes left ... oh wait they're not going to bother WELP :geno:"

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Vintersorg posted:

Happy birthday! If that is your first SH MonsterArts.... be careful!! :3:

I've had a hard plastic Bandai Anguirus (with movable legs) for ages, but that's it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/MonarchSciences/status/1020337616787345408

BOY

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Wizchine posted:

The Rodan magma blood / magma armor is a nice throwback to the twin Rodans' birth near a volcano and their subsequent deaths in it.

That movie is metal as hell.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/MonarchSciences/status/1020382837646639104

DUUUDE

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The panel is tomorrow in the afternoon, I think so the trailer should be dropping then.

Oh wait the numbers the needle stop are the code to upgrade to crimson: 251720614

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jul 20, 2018

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The panel is tomorrow in the afternoon, I think so the trailer should be dropping then.

Oh wait the numbers the needle stop are the code to upgrade to crimson: 251720614

UNLESS THE DO WHAT THE DID LAST TIME AND NOT RELEASE IT OUTSIDE OF SDCC

Sorry, that really pissed me off last time. "It's an exclusive trailer."

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Davros1 posted:

UNLESS THE DO WHAT THE DID LAST TIME AND NOT RELEASE IT OUTSIDE OF SDCC

Sorry, that really pissed me off last time. "It's an exclusive trailer."

That poo poo is awful. The whole point of SDCC is to market poo poo to the public. I get con exclusive merch, but not a loving movie trailer.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
Looks like Goji's headin' straight for Rodan. It really is a straight up remake of Ghidorah

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

The recording made me want to see the teaser for 2014 again. I know I'm not saying anything that hasn't been said a thousand times, but goddamn if that isn't one of the most perfect trailers I've ever seen.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah might as well post it

https://vimeo.com/146985673

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

I'm stupid, mixed up the HALO with the teaser. But the actual teaser is really great too.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Oppenheimer trailer is one of the greatest teasers ever created.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Arcsquad12 posted:

The Oppenheimer trailer is one of the greatest teasers ever created.

Notable for being incredibly effective and not spoilering the entire movie.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The KotM teaser should use "Now we are all sons of bitches" as the response to that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
We're All dirty humans!