Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

argh splits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Beetphyxious posted:

cool, do you prefer me more because of anything more than meta though? or is it still just that?

It is from a strong feeling that mmt was scum that replaced out

You have posted a lot and said words and seem to be engaged but I dunno man, I'm p good at pegging mmt

No one else seems to really care tho so whatever

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

I really think we should lynch Moat today. His recent content reads a little better but he's my strongest scum pick. I'll quote myself for my original D2 suspicion since its a short case:

Slamburger posted:

Gave us basically one post of reads here and then totally checked out.

The beet vote is really lazy. Beet straight up said he hadn't read the game yet and Moat votes him for getting bogged down in the bus driver discussion. Then when Beet does post some (reasonable) reads upon catching up, Moat doesn't follow up or comment on them at all. Its just a bunch of snipey no-content posts. Moat is not at all concerned about finding scum. Moat is scum.

Since then its been a lot of mechanics-talk and random posts but he has hardly put any pressure on anybody. Its a lot of filler stuff. Then his big case is ... a lurker. Snoozer.

Also when I raised my suspicion Day 2 it seemed like a lot of other people agreed he was suspicious and there were a few "yeah I'd vote Moat" but then it never went anywhere. This itself is a scum tell. If Moat were town, scum could easily have latched onto this but nothing really came of it.

##vote Moat

Other people should re-read Moat and tell me what you think. Voting out a lurker today is the easy way out. If we do, my lurker pick is TNL.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Beetphyxious posted:

okay in this hypothetical either apnu or i (if one were scum) wouldn't want to be so obvious as to target the other? especially when we're quite vocal posters, it's probably too risky.

I agree. That's why I'm starting to think you're town, and anpu is town or some strange 3p role. If we want to get silly for a second, Anpu could be some sort of buffed joat/sk hybrid role and got some sort of result implicating you in a night kill. lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Beetphyxious posted:

heh, what's that thing about apnu says about trying to create chaos, not clarity?

##vote icephoenix

How does my question create chaos?

You're getting desperate.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Slamburger posted:

I really think we should lynch Moat today. His recent content reads a little better but he's my strongest scum pick. I'll quote myself for my original D2 suspicion since its a short case:

Since then its been a lot of mechanics-talk and random posts but he has hardly put any pressure on anybody. Its a lot of filler stuff. Then his big case is ... a lurker. Snoozer.

Also when I raised my suspicion Day 2 it seemed like a lot of other people agreed he was suspicious and there were a few "yeah I'd vote Moat" but then it never went anywhere. This itself is a scum tell. If Moat were town, scum could easily have latched onto this but nothing really came of it.

##vote Moat

Other people should re-read Moat and tell me what you think. Voting out a lurker today is the easy way out. If we do, my lurker pick is TNL.

Slam this is p weak

Where do you fall on the beet/anpu debate again?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

IcePhoenix posted:

want to vote TNL with me?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

monathin, bminus, why dancer over icephoenix?

if my point on the lynch being odd was correct, is that not that based on the assumption ice phoneix is scum?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hello I am here but intermittently, consider the deadline floating again. by how much?? well that's just a chance you'll have to take.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

I agree. That's why I'm starting to think you're town, and anpu is town or some strange 3p role. If we want to get silly for a second, Anpu could be some sort of buffed joat/sk hybrid role and got some sort of result implicating you in a night kill. lol

i'll throw a spanner into this mix now while i think of it though,

if we're both town, why haven't scum nk'd one of us to effectively set the other up that next day?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Beetphyxious posted:

monathin, bminus, why dancer over icephoenix?

if my point on the lynch being odd was correct, is that not that based on the assumption ice phoneix is scum?

I'll be honest in that I might have lost the thread a little bit today in terms of how things are shaking out. I could move my vote back over to IcePhoenix as needed.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

b-minus1 posted:

want to vote TNL with me?

I've said plenty of times that I'd vote for TNL or beet so sure.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

##unvote
##vote TNL

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##unvote

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Beetphyxious posted:

i'll throw a spanner into this mix now while i think of it though,

if we're both town, why haven't scum nk'd one of us to effectively set the other up that next day?

i have no idea.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

##unvote

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

IcePhoenix posted:

that sounds familiar...

Beetphyxious posted:

this reeks of desperation ...

anything you wont co-opt ip?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

IcePhoenix posted:

I've said plenty of times that I'd vote for TNL or beet so sure.

lol but this isn't desperation.
hahahah

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah actually thinking about it let me just ##vote IcePhoenix

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

:c: The Current Day 3 Votecount :c:

IcePhoenix (2): flerp, Monathin
Moatillata (1): IcePhoenix, -IcePhoenix, Slamburger
Beetphyxious (1): Anpu, IcePhoenix, -IcePhoenix
Anpu (1): Monathin, -Monathin, Beetphyxious
The Ninth Layer (1): IcePhoenix
Dancer (0): b-minus1, Monathin, -b-minus1, -Monathin

Not Voting (4): b-minus1, Dancer, Moatillata, The Ninth Layer

:h: With 10 players alive, it takes 6 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is July 19th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 25 minutes from this post.

:]

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

beet you're the human equivalent of a room full of monkeys on typewriters, of course I'm going to use a word you did

Beetphyxious posted:

lol but this isn't desperation.
hahahah

More like apathy, I don't care which one of you gets lynched as long as it's one of you. I've been very up front about this.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

okay i'm down to vote apnu or ip today.

i really feel those two more strongly over say dancer or tnl.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

IcePhoenix posted:

beet you're the human equivalent of a room full of monkeys on typewriters, of course I'm going to use a word you did

that's the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

IcePhoenix posted:

More like apathy, I don't care which one of you gets lynched as long as it's one of you. I've been very up front about this.

but not apnu? not, never, ever?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I really don't believe Anpu is scum.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

IcePhoenix posted:

I really don't believe Anpu is scum.

okay dokey.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I would vote TNL over IP.

Is anyone around still amenable to a beet vote?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Moatillata posted:

Yes.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Moatillata posted:

I swear you all are just jerking me around for fun at this point

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Moatillata posted:

Where do you fall on the beet/anpu debate again?

I've gone back and forth on Anpu so many times. My current stance is: dumbo town.

Beet is an interesting one. I didnt case him much because I gave no weight to the "MMT meta" and the people that were after him couldnt write a case. But I have re-read him and while I doubt he is scum, I could see an SK angle. Because I do feel he's making honest reads but something does ping me.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

IcePhoenix posted:

I swear you all are just jerking me around for fun at this point

*best apnu impression*

I am not here for fun, only Truth and Justice.

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

I have opened your two eyes. I have opened your mouth with the instruments of Anpu...
I will not be voting for Ice Phoenix today either.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Anpu posted:

I will not be voting for Ice Phoenix today either.

for fucks sake STOP DOING THIS SO loving CLOSE TO DEADLINE YOU STUPID gently caress

THIS IS HOW NLS HAPPEN

I HATE YOU SO loving MUCH

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm around.

##vote IP did not at all like how he ignored me responding to his case.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

swear to loving god your value to town is NEGATIVE in your ability to loving hold up deadline votes, flipping someone even if you think they're town is better for us than saying NO I WON'T VOTE [PERSON WHO IS ONE OF THE TWO VOTE OPTIONS] AND GUMMING UP THE ENTIRE WORKS

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I HATE THIS GAME SOMETIMES

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Monathin posted:

I HATE THIS GAME SOMETIMES

big mood

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
We potentially learn the most from a beet Lynch

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

for fucks sake, fine

##unvote

##vote beet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Monathin posted:

for fucks sake STOP DOING THIS SO loving CLOSE TO DEADLINE YOU STUPID gently caress

THIS IS HOW NLS HAPPEN

I HATE YOU SO loving MUCH

then vote icephoenix

b-minus1 posted:

We potentially learn the most from a beet Lynch

well, following on from my quick look at the vote earlier, i'd argue that lynching IP tells us just as much, considering how hard it was to get a vote on him in the first place.

• Locked thread