Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Renee followed a bunch of female indie talents, leading people to believe they are in the MYC II.

https://twitter.com/ifyouseekcasey/status/1019569463191113728

I for one, cannot wait for the new favorite to win the MYC:

https://twitter.com/BronsonLee/status/1019569806662619137

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

DarkstarIV posted:

If Triple H has his way, probably several years from now, or never (Carmella will likely be irrelevant or gone from the company in a few years).

Alicia Fox has been around for a decade and has been mostly irrelevant the entire time.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If that's true Madison Rayne will have wrestled in ROH, TNA, and WWE in the last month or so, and possibly winning titles in the former two.

Still gonna get wrecked by Brock though.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

Renee followed a bunch of female indie talents, leading people to believe they are in the MYC II.

Because they are. But some people can't be told. I dropped a serious hint about Sienna but y'all guessed pretty everything but.

This list is on the money:

http://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/several-names-for-the-wwe-mae-young-classic-have-leaked/

More names to come. Mainly US, Mexico and another from a South American Country. And another Joshi.

No Jordynne Grace, Shazza or Madison Eagles, unfortunately.

rovert fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jul 18, 2018

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So Nixon/Tegan's knee is okay?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

So Nixon/Tegan's knee is okay?

Advertised for shows next week in the UK.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Killer Kelly!

:getin:, but the frog has a mouthguard

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

If that's true Madison Rayne will have wrestled in ROH, TNA, and WWE in the last month or so, and possibly winning titles in the former two.

Still gonna get wrecked by Brock though.

I think that already happened in OVW.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I wonder if there's a change that Reika Saika (?) could be the other joshi called up for the MYC. She's gots muscles, has a decent look and wrestling ability. Though I wonder if the other joshi would come from Stardom or from Meiko Satomura's connections/ wrestling promotion.

TV Zombie fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jul 19, 2018

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I think Casey said they were interested in Hiroyo Matsumoto.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Kylie was very much in the MYC mix and a big emergent fav. Well like by other women's wrestler so this sucks huge:

https://twitter.com/SCsirens/status/1019668280443748352

rovert fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jul 19, 2018

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Been told by a few people this is a tryout more than full hire. Debuted tonight at the NXT tapings:

https://twitter.com/SCsirens/status/1019736207343812608

A very talented referee from the Pacific Northwest. Defy and ECCW regular.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Gearl Hebner is, as far as I can tell, the one good ref in the PNW indie scene. Its cool to see her get a tryout but I'm worried about how DEFY will replace her. Their other ref is trying, bless his heart, but not very good.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/ifyouseekcasey/status/1020064016717221888

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Morbidly curious, and the site is down - is there another place to see this?

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
IPW tweeted this morning that Chelsea Green is cancelling her upcoming England tour "Due to unforeseen circumstances, which will become clearer in the next couple of weeks."

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

maybe her merch table. Its a book with some of the "best" weirdass DMs she's gotten over the years.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

It was a limited release.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Solo Darling has a shot at CHIKARA's Grand Championship next Saturday against Juan Francisco de Coronado. I think she's the first woman to compete for it since Kimber Lee held the title.

https://twitter.com/SoloDarling/status/1019998575915360259

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

TheHock posted:

IPW tweeted this morning that Chelsea Green is cancelling her upcoming England tour "Due to unforeseen circumstances, which will become clearer in the next couple of weeks."

She's renewing her work visa and can't leave the country, at least that's what she's saying.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I could talk in circles about Chelsea, MYC II and being signed.

Ultimately it all could happen. In the initial production notes, she is listed for MYC II but there are people involved in those decisions who are on down her for whatever reasons.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

That Solo Darling video makes me believe in her. Hope she gets that title.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Kavita Devi is coming back for the MYC II apparently. She's pretty goddamn big from a height perspective. I fully expect her to be used to put over someone's strength.

Also:

https://twitter.com/MaeYoungClassic/status/1020397110225719301

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jul 20, 2018

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh cool, Mercedes and Mia are back. They were both great last time.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

bubbies. how about putting Blue Pants in there.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Cavauro posted:

bubbies. how about putting Blue Pants in there.

I dunno if this is a joke post or not, but Blue Pants will likely never work in WWE or NXT again. Dunno the exact reason why (Rovert can probably elaborate), but I heard it had to do with ego issues.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I heard that's BS. here's blue pants hollering chimichanga

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

I thought that ego issues were Tessa Blanchard's issue. I thought Leva's issue was that she just wasn't a good wrestler.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TV Zombie posted:

I thought that ego issues were Tessa Blanchard's issue. I thought Leva's issue was that she just wasn't a good wrestler.

Blue Pants wasn't in the MYC last year either. She was a pretty frequent jobber on the NXT when it first started taping at Full Sail, and she apparently developed a pretty big ego issue/bad attitude as a result. The crowd loved her, but she wasn't very good either.

But yeah, Tessa had some pretty big ego problems last year.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jul 20, 2018

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what's the story on blue pants cosplaying alexa

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014

Cavauro posted:

what's the story on blue pants cosplaying alexa

She always cosplays, that's her thing.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Leva's never cosplayed Alexa. The main reason Leva stopped getting booked at NXT was because at the time NXT changed writers and the old writer was the one who liked Leva. There was this whole thing about Leva getting drunk or something the weekend of NXT Brooklyn, but that wasn't true. I am sure some of the talent didn't like WWE using Leva over them, but Leva is the last person to have any kind of ego whatsoever.

Honestly, with all the contracted talent in NXT, they really don't need to use Blue Pants anymore. Leva's booked solid most weekends though, so she's hardly hurting for work these days.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

here it is bud

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Cavauro posted:

here it is bud

Leva's done Harley Quinn, The Joker, and 1000 other DC/Marvel characters. Alexa kinda had Harley Quinn and Joker inspired gear, but that's about as close as it gets.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Alexa's thing (it was really Blake and Murphy's thing but she carried it over after the callup for a bit) was her regular gear with certain character's color schemes. Except for Freddie, but that was Halloween.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what's the story

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
DM Punk is very biased towards Blue Pants. The truth lies in the middle.

She kinda old news these days. Barely seems to wrestle. Her shoot job, Twitch and commendable amounts of charity seem to occupy her time.

To me, she's a call back to when Women's Wrestling had low standards in-ring wise and lack of a culture of criticism. I do recognise she's popular and knows how to get over. At the same time, WrestleCircus paying her to do entrances and run ins is a concite she's pretty lovely in the ring.

The standard these days is a lot higher inside and outside of NXT.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Leva's got a title match at SHINE tonight FYI. Also, she wrestles almost every weekend. And the weekends she isn't, she hosts panels at comic cons and whatnot. I'd argue she's booked more now than she was during the NXT run.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Not anywhere really of note tho (including SHINE ha!).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
She's literally a tag champion in SHIMMER, the gold standard for women's wrestling outside of Japan. She's basically a regular in almost every major women's fed in the US. Really the only big companies she doesn't work for is Beyond/WWR, AAW, and Nova Pro.