Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

exquisite tea posted:

Is SFV worth getting into now that Arcade Mode is out + I wanna destroy people with R. Mika's mighty rear end?

If you're interested in learning SFV, welcome! First, disable your antivirus so you can install capcom.sys which lets the company make sure you're not cheating at the single player portions to avoid buying DLC while also opening up your computer to targeted malware attacks. Second, you're going to have to set a 50-second egg timer so you can tell when the input lag resets from 7 frames back to its minimum of 4 frames. Don't put it too far away, though, because the cycle resets every minute and you're going to want to do your mixups when the opponent has the highest amount of lag. Next, alt-tab out of the game if the opponent starts flickering online to establish dominance, both making your connection smoother and causing your character to flicker on your opponent's screen. Finally,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

huh people buy it on pc?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Shy posted:

huh people buy it on pc?

If I bought it for any system it'd have to be for PC since PS4 wifi is shieeeeeeeeeeeet.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Also I refuse to pay Sony to use the internet that I already pay for! Eff you!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Here He Comes

VOLDO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgVifa8J1Eg

Watch out for his spiky groin

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
:mrgw: the pelvic thrust super

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Hello Voldo old friend... or should I say... Welcome Back Katar.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Kins posted:

Yeah, the first word about it was literally the producer announcing on Twitter that he was about to pitch an RE2 remake to Capcom execs, followed by a video announcing that that they'd gotten the green light to make it, followed by four years of silence while they actually made the game, followed by the E3 reveal. Not the most secretive thing.

They printed tshirts too

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

WE DO IT

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Gutter Owl posted:

Third Strike came out the year after Alpha 3. :colbert:

True but

Double Bill posted:

I have some bad news, they've all been bad since A3.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Veib posted:

Also

https://twitter.com/hameko/status/1020205468914835456

Every returning game except Tekken lost entrants from last year with Injustice losing well over half. The future is anime.

it warms my heart to see that people generally agree that tekken 7 is loving awesome and seeing growth year after year.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Are we not on a cycle for another MK in ~spring or whatever? It's weird we haven't heard about it yet.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

did BBTag/DBZ get more entrants than Melee?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Saint Freak posted:

Are we not on a cycle for another MK in ~spring or whatever? It's weird we haven't heard about it yet.

Nope, and the rumour is the next game might be a non-fighting game made in collaboration with Rocksteady.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Nope, and the rumour is the next game might be a non-fighting game made in collaboration with Rocksteady.

Get ready for the triumphant return of Shaolin Monks.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Finally Ed Boon will give us Black Knight THREE THOUSAND.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Not gonna lie I honestly would play MK Shaolin Monks 2.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

Also if there's no MK coming out early next year, there'll be no NRS game in the Evo lineup for the first time since 2010. With those numbers there's no way Inj2 is coming back, unless MKXL gets another chance.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Double Bill posted:

Also if there's no MK coming out early next year, there'll be no NRS game in the Evo lineup for the first time since 2010. With those numbers there's no way Inj2 is coming back, unless MKXL gets another chance.

I'm pretty sure there's always going to be an NRS game at EVO.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Double Bill posted:

Bring back MK9 with some kind of gimmick

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Mortal Kombat 9 Turbo

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
NGL I liked MK9 more than XL, even when it stood for Mostly Kabal.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

exquisite tea posted:

Not gonna lie I honestly would play MK Shaolin Monks 2.

same. even moreso if they put in all their crazy crossover characters into that too

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

shaolin monks with the ninja turtles...

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I'm one of the idiots who would straight up buy a new Shaolin Monks no questions asked, count me in.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Yardbomb posted:

I'm one of the idiots who would straight up buy a new Shaolin Monks no questions asked, count me in.

modern beat-em ups are in short supply so an NRS sequel to Shaolin Monks utilizing all the technical lessons learned from Injustice and backed up by Rocksteady would be loving awesome.

Saint Freak posted:

Finally Ed Boon will give us Black Knight THREE THOUSAND.

Funhouse 2: Rudy's Revenge

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Shaolin Monks was a solid enough beat 'em up and I'd be all for another one.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
It's a pity the Shaolin Monks sequel (Fire & Ice) never happened due to the slow disintegration of Midway.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

mango sentinel posted:

Bring back MK9 with some kind of gimmick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNFLzRBdFLk

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

How about this glitched mod of MKX where everybody gets half of another character's moveset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XvcNHSh7bk

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years

Kurtofan posted:

Here He Comes

VOLDO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgVifa8J1Eg

Watch out for his spiky groin

I'm so happy with this. The moon mask with a weird face on the back is perfect. Also he has

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Voldo is what makes soul blade/edge/calibur what it is

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Well don't forget the big baps

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
drat even Voldo is showing more skin this time

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010
I wonder if some of these Ivy glitches involving soulburst/installburst not hitting her are going to make it into the final next build.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

So I'm going through my periodic "hey let's get back into fighting games" stage and was thinking about picking up a stick. I've been eyeing the HORI RAP4, but don't know if I really want to drop that much just yet. While I was looking at it on Amazon, I noticed this Qanba stick: https://www.amazon.com/Qanba-Drone-PlayStation-4/dp/B01I0GEDEY and was wondering what fight goons thought of it. I kind of want to start with a cheaper stick to get a feel for it and then step up later, as the reviews I've found seem good.

Thanks for any help.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
The drone can be good if you mod it with sanwa parts, but there have been some good sales on better sticks lately too

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wait til evo and get a great stick for a good stick price

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

EVO is pretty soon and there are usually really good deals on otherwise super expensive sticks around that time.

...beaten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Quasipox posted:

So I'm going through my periodic "hey let's get back into fighting games" stage and was thinking about picking up a stick. I've been eyeing the HORI RAP4, but don't know if I really want to drop that much just yet. While I was looking at it on Amazon, I noticed this Qanba stick: https://www.amazon.com/Qanba-Drone-PlayStation-4/dp/B01I0GEDEY and was wondering what fight goons thought of it. I kind of want to start with a cheaper stick to get a feel for it and then step up later, as the reviews I've found seem good.

Thanks for any help.

FWIW I was in a similar boat as you (never owned a stick, wanted a baby step before shelling out a lot of cash) and I've enjoyed the Drone.

I'm not sure what exactly makes the better sticks better overall, but I've never felt like the stick has been holding me back. I'm at a very early level in terms of consistency with inputs though, so if you're past that point then maybe there's a better argument to skip ahead to a higher quality stick.