Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

People are already able to pick up the new sonic at SDCC. I guess they really want to get ahead of broadcast instead of lagging months behind like the previous years.

https://twitter.com/lsirikul/status/1020080071338385408/

I picked up 11s sonic at c2e2 ahead of his debut. And 12s updated sonic was on shelves midway through the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Am I remembering wrong or do you run a comic book shop, Rhyno? I saw your post and it occurred to me that knowing about sonic screwdriver merch is actually a business thing in like, more than one industry. Not that there's anything wrong with just being a hobbyist collector or doing something for the love of it, it's just something I never thought about until just now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I used to, moved on back in January. Biggest loss was not getting my DW stuff at cost anymore.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I love the design, but it strikes me more as a laser screwdriver than a sonic one for some reason.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’m not crazy about how organic it is. It looks like something plucked off the wall in 9/10’s TARDIS. I also think the wasp waist near the curve makes it look a bit odd. If they wanted it to be more ergonomic, they might have been better off keeping a uniform diameter throughout the whole thing. Something like Count Dooku’s saber, but with the molten/organic bits.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

So what was this? Tweet's gone, but... god drat I'm curious.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Cleretic posted:

So what was this? Tweet's gone, but... god drat I'm curious.

It was this. Not sure why they took it down:

https://twitter.com/dwpageofficial/status/1020205606999871490

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

You know, I never thought about that crossover, but now it's the only one I ever want.

The Doctor's favorite would be Boyle, for his optimism and restaurant recommendations.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Jerusalem posted:

Check out this evergreen post :hai::hf::hai:

Not quite, hold on...

Bicyclops posted:

Ecccustone was right.

There, now it's future-proofed. :)

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

After The War posted:

Not quite, hold on...

"Not Quite, Hold On," the title of Santiago's sex tape!

Seriously, that picture is loving adorable.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
“I’m a Doctor but not the one you were expecting”, title of my sex tape

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Terry Crews should be Fourteen.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

The_Doctor posted:

“I’m a Doctor but not the one you were expecting”, title of my sex tape

The new Big Finish line of audios...

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Between that and it being canonically established Spider-Man is a Brooklyn 9-9 fan, this is a proud week for the Nine-Nine.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Yvonmukluk posted:

Between that and it being canonically established Spider-Man is a Brooklyn 9-9 fan, this is a proud week for the Nine-Nine.

Noice. Smort.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I don't see Andre Braugher :( Still, that's a fantastic photo.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
that's because Chibbers is secretly interviewing him to take over from Jodie in 2022.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I don't see Andre Braugher :( Still, that's a fantastic photo.

No love for Joe Lo Truglio?

Though Boyle is probably sitting in a pizza parlor enjoying the mouth feel of a suddenly regenerated slice.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

CobiWann posted:

Though Boyle is probably sitting in a pizza parlor enjoying the mouth feel of a suddenly regenerated slice.

Of course, it's the only one that accurately measures mouthfeel.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

"Number Five. Number Five killed my brother"

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

McDragon posted:

"Number Five. Number Five killed my brother"

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/1020337048086110208

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

CobiWann posted:

Isn't that Boyle between Gina and Hitchcock?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I mean, Joe Lo Truglio is surprisingly good at balancing comedy and drama with a super-dorky character, but Raymond Holt *makes* Brooklyn Nine-Nine for me, so that's the actor I immediately thought about.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I was a little worried that some of the bad fans would have already exhausted Jodie, but she seems to be having the time of her life, and I'm glad of it.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

The_Doctor posted:

Noice. Smort.

It gets better:
Wanna watch those episodes.

Speaking of episodes dearly want to see: Id love to see Jodie and Eccleston play off each other in a multi-doctor story. Or literally any other doctor. Basically I want to see 13 just be super hyped to meet her past selves.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Davros1 posted:

Isn't that Boyle between Gina and Hitchcock?

You're right! Wow, I didn't recognize him!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/bigfinish/status/1020324201360740355

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I love that Jodie is jumping into this with both feet, and having such fun. :allears:

"Oh god, you're my wife!"

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
(jodie voice) my wife

trouser_mouse
Apr 27, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

(jodie voice) my wife

She pull plough in field back on Gallifrey, she has shoulders like space-ox

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I’m not crazy about how organic it is. It looks like something plucked off the wall in 9/10’s TARDIS. I also think the wasp waist near the curve makes it look a bit odd. If they wanted it to be more ergonomic, they might have been better off keeping a uniform diameter throughout the whole thing. Something like Count Dooku’s saber, but with the molten/organic bits.

best thing about it - seems like the Doctor belatedly took Clara's advice, and made a screwdriver that won't roll. :haw:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Spatula City posted:

best thing about it - seems like the Doctor belatedly took Clara's advice, and made a screwdriver that won't roll. :haw:

I bet they do a gag about this, even if just a bit of physical business where the Doctor drops it and she instinctively grabs after it only for it to still be at her feet.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Coming to Big Finish in 2024...

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
So hadn't seen Battlefield before, the story goes all over the place but it's still fun.

Is there a BF audio based on the Girl's Night Out at the end? Because I feel like there's a whole new adventure in there.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

CobiWann posted:

Ooh. New pepperoni. That’s weird.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Doctor Zero posted:

Ooh. New pepperoni. That’s weird.

Would The Doctor be ready to meet The Bearded Men of Space Station 11?

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

Astroman posted:

Would The Doctor be ready to meet The Bearded Men of Space Station 11?

But beards don't grow in space! *theme song plays, cut to opening credits*

emoticon
May 8, 2007
;)

Neat. Dreading the inevitable manufactured controversy and think pieces that are sure to follow, but looking forward to a possibly sunnier Doctor who goes on fun adventures and is actually excited to be the Doctor, because the whole self-hating, whining about being bad or whatever thing really got old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!

emoticon posted:

Neat. Dreading the inevitable manufactured controversy and think pieces that are sure to follow, but looking forward to a possibly sunnier Doctor who goes on fun adventures and is actually excited to be the Doctor, because the whole self-hating, whining about being bad or whatever thing really got old.

That's what I'm hoping for, too. Let's have more of the Second Doctor's school of thought:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaDw79__VRc

• Locked thread