Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

gently caress

it has all been ordained

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Waffleman_ posted:

Also Deku's original costume looked more like a rabbit than All Might.

I had to be told by the manga itself that it was supposed to be emulating All Might before I stopped thinking of it as a rabbit, and I honestly missed it the first read-through.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Carlosologist posted:

Miruko and Deku would be kicking rear end left and right and now i'm gonna be mad when it doesn't happen

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
endeavors name can't be that much of a surprise like all the UA kids did a massive sports day

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Deku's original name was Mikuko too

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I want Miruko to teach Deku how to do mad hops.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Time number two that Dabi has called out a Todoroki by first and last name while making a getaway. I dunno, I guess I lean more toward illegitimate kid than the final kid (somehow introducing an affair feels less narratively weird to me than just saying something like "yeah we stopped talking about him after he went missing"), but having a relation to Endeavor that's more than just "similar power" doesn't seem as unlikely to me anymore.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I could believe that Endeavor first tried "well what if I had a kid that was *even hotter*", realized that was dumb halfway through pregnancy and left the mother in the dust.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Horikoshi was laughing madly at all the people assuming we'd finally know for sure if Dabi had some relation to Endeavor this chapter.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
It was a nice touch that Endeavor was too hosed up to see Dabi clearly because of course he was.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

About Dabi's appearance... are these skin grafts stapled to his burned skin? For his face, fingers, and chest.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Hogama posted:

It was a nice touch that Endeavor was too hosed up to see Dabi clearly because of course he was.

Yeah, I noticed that while re-reading the chapter, it was a nice touch.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I liked the ending: "Wilhem Defoe! That's the name I was trying to think of earlier."

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I really love the attention Horikoshi gives to making women realistically proportioned, especially in the context of them being athletic as all hell.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

kidcoelacanth posted:

I really love the attention Horikoshi gives to making women realistically proportioned, especially in the context of them being athletic as all hell.

Watch the anime give Miruko a standard-anime-woman body.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Where's that drawing of Endeavor as Big Boss with All Might as Kaz?

It needs to be updated with Hawks as Ocelot.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

gmq posted:

Watch the anime give Miruko a standard-anime-woman body.
That's the one bad thing that Umakoshi did and continues to do, he admitted to it in an interview with Horikoshi.

Horikoshi also said flat out that he likes thick girls which is why he draws female characters the way he does.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Jose posted:

endeavors name can't be that much of a surprise like all the UA kids did a massive sports day

His name is public so no it's not a surprise.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it does seem more and more clear that dabi and endeavor have past history, but man it'd be funny if it all culminated in endeavor finally seeing dabi clearly and saying "who's that?"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Manatee Cannon posted:

it does seem more and more clear that dabi and endeavor have past history, but man it'd be funny if it all culminated in endeavor finally seeing dabi clearly and saying "who's that?"

"I'm the kid you threw out as a 'failure'."

"...gonna have to be more specific there."

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

"I'm the kid you threw out as a 'failure'."

"...gonna have to be more specific there."

I'm now imagining Endeavor as a T-ball coach.

"Is he potentially more powerful than All Might?"

"Well, no, but..."

"Then why are you wasting my time?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Fabricated posted:

Horikoshi also said flat out that he likes thick girls which is why he draws female characters the way he does.

God bless him.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

gmq posted:

So, this confirms that AfO is still able to act somehow, he gave that warp quirk to someone while in prison.

The thing about that quirk is that I'm pretty sure the big drawback to it was that it warps people to you. Which is why its is appearance very concerning.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I'm still holding onto my theory that the League of Villain scientists have figured out a way to create perfect replicas of quirks and maybe even create some kind of artificial All for One machine that lets them take and distribute quirks themselves. With all the genetic experiments they do to create the nomu, it doesn't seem like that much of a stretch to me.

I also bet that the next time we see Shigaraki in action, he'll be using Overhaul's quirk.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

could AfO have given his ability to give quirks to another person?

Wellwinds
Mar 20, 2010

Rhonne posted:

I also bet that the next time we see Shigaraki in action, he'll be using Overhaul's quirk.

Yeah, AfO or his proxy having the ability to take quirks from body parts seems likely; you'd think the villains might be a bit more cautious about losing the quirks that go with the nomou so dabi probably grabbed a piece of it before his exit.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

overhaul had (other than AfO and all might) the strongest quirk in the series so i really doubt it's going to make a reappearance. he's a better version of cementoss, shigaraki and recovery girl at the same time.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

He was also shot with a quirk erasing bullet. No quirk to steal.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Stexils posted:

overhaul had (other than AfO and all might) the strongest quirk in the series so i really doubt it's going to make a reappearance. he's a better version of cementoss, shigaraki and recovery girl at the same time.

the league of villains did an entire dope action scene just to get ahold of overhaul's arm

you're fooling yourself

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Doing something out of spite seems entirely in character for how he murdered Magne and shrugged it off afterwards.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

then he would've just cut his poo poo off and dissolved it instead of very distinctly taking it

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Wellwinds posted:

Yeah, AfO or his proxy having the ability to take quirks from body parts seems likely; you'd think the villains might be a bit more cautious about losing the quirks that go with the nomou so dabi probably grabbed a piece of it before his exit.

The original explanation of the quirk was that it could teleport people the user is familiar with and those around them to the user or another person the user was familiar with, so it's possible just getting that close to the noumu was enough for Dabi to get it teleported.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Patware posted:

then he would've just cut his poo poo off and dissolved it instead of very distinctly taking it

Related, but Shigaraki also has a subtle decorative motif that's worth pointing out.

He's covered with loving hands

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Patware posted:

Compress compressed his forearm. His hands were still in the box, which they left on the side of the road.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

ChaseSP posted:

He was also shot with a quirk erasing bullet. No quirk to steal.

They never shot Overhaul.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

oh jay posted:

Compress compressed his forearm. His hands were still in the box, which they left on the side of the road.

His hand, singular; the one Shigaraki cut off would have disintegrated.

Point still stands, mind.

And yeah, the whole reason they took Overhaul's hands off was to make it so he could never use his quirk again. Shooting him would have made that redundant.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

oh jay posted:

this strengthens my point if the idea that they can pull quirks off DNA somehow is accurate, taking vengarr's point into account

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I'm glad the villain alliance is getting up to some successful villainy. Those spunky kids are all grown up now.

:unsmith:

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Patware posted:

this strengthens my point if the idea that they can pull quirks off DNA somehow is accurate, taking vengarr's point into account

I mean, that's a little bit of extra theory crafting when the simple answer is that Overhaul destroyed Mr. Compress's arm with his quirk, so Mr. Compress destroyed Overhaul's arm with his quirk.

I feel like prominently displaying Compress's prosthetic arm for the first time is the exclamation point emphasizing that idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

...I swore they shot him. Huh okay nevermind. Take that back.