Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

The Bloop posted:

It's like when duels allowed for a champion to fight, knowing that God would show the just outcome by ensuring victory for the champion of the party in the right of the issue.

So don't gently caress it up

So what your saying is the Octoling victory is a forgone conclusion for ours is the sword of Michael?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
As you can see a couple posts above, there's going to be a (temporary) new map with a gimmick tied to opening doors by shooting tentacles, although I assume you can figure it out in recon mode.

If you haven't already, you should download the app. It lets you see your wins and losses for the last fifty rounds, which is a fun little way to depress yourself if you suck like I do. The app also lets you order clothing with abilities that don't typically come with those clothes.

Murch will also scrub your splatfest t-shirt for only 2000 coins, making this a good time to farm ability chunks.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
For what it's worth my W/L ratio always tanks during splatfests. I don't know if it's the matchmaking or what

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

1500quidporsche posted:

For what it's worth my W/L ratio always tanks during splatfests. I don't know if it's the matchmaking or what

It's the one time turf war gets ranked play, so if you're above the pool average during normal turf war, you'll suddenly get matched with people on your tier, who you'll only win against about half the time.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
I feel like a plague has been visited on my house or something. My partner and I have played two hours of salmon run today and literally no joke almost every game had either a literal child who walked around and did nothing or a leaver. We ranked down from overachiever to part-timer. Seriously, what the gently caress? How does someone who jumps off the level and DCs as soon as a griller wave comes up even get to overachiever in the first place?

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Sade posted:

How does someone who jumps off the level and DCs as soon as a griller wave comes up even get to overachiever in the first place?

Probably the massacre last weekend, and they’re throwing matches so they rank down to something more their level.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Sade posted:

I feel like a plague has been visited on my house or something. My partner and I have played two hours of salmon run today and literally no joke almost every game had either a literal child who walked around and did nothing or a leaver. We ranked down from overachiever to part-timer. Seriously, what the gently caress? How does someone who jumps off the level and DCs as soon as a griller wave comes up even get to overachiever in the first place?

Well, there was this session with Mr Grizz's weapons, so that might've brought in a tide of wholly unprepared squid kids to the upper ranks.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
:siren: Splatfest schedules :siren:

• US/AU/NZ Squid vs. Octopus @ July 20th 21:00 PT / July 21th 00:00 ET / July 21th 14:00 AET
  • JP Squid vs. Octopus @ July 21th 15:00 JT
  • EU Squid vs. Octopus @ July 21th 16:00 CET
All Splatfests last for 24 hours.

THE GREAT TURF WAR IS UPON US

Bonus feature: During Splatfest, the side you choose reflects your character, ie. you don't need the expansion to play as an octo.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hey, here's how Pearl sounds unsquidded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1hpGXktBo4

And Marina

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI9HjemhfG8

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Yeah, those music videos seem about right.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

pretty wild that even in the real world Pearl is 100x cooler than marina.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
blasphemy

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
Me: oh poo poo, the rainmaker shield's been dropped but the opponents are piling up right there, better touch it so it'll reset.

https://mm.bonzoesc.net/media_attachments/files/000/096/069/original/6beaa8138cfd21e6.mp4

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Oh yeah, the amiibo releasing on November 9th is just for Japan.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1020367738487750656

North America is getting them on December 7th.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Hey, here's how Pearl sounds unsquidded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1hpGXktBo4

hmmMMM this rules

I want to splatfest but my dumbass switch is out for repairs >:c

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Art for the 1st anniversary of Splatoon 2!

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/1020473640020729862

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm just gonna say it, I'm gonna say the thing we all know is true but don't have the guts to say

Maps where the Splat Zone is two separate zones suck

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm just gonna say it, I'm gonna say the thing we all know is true but don't have the guts to say

Depends on the map.

Hate it on the skatepark, but old towers was probably my favourite zones map in comparison.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Crawfish posted:

Depends on the map.

Hate it on the skatepark, but old towers was probably my favourite zones map in comparison.

oh yeah, I forgot about Moray Towers

OK, the Skate Park is the absolute worst Splat Zones map

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
give me three splat zones

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Two zones a stones throw away just isn't that fun or interesting, but two zones a fair distance away from each other forces some more strategic plays.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dizz posted:

yes, i too, want every match to go the full time and never see a KO

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's better on some (BBS) and worse, the absolute most awful on others (triggerfish)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

yes, i too, want every match to go the full time and never see a KO

drat I love Clam Blitz Lol.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Crawfish posted:

Two zones a stones throw away just isn't that fun or interesting, but two zones a fair distance away from each other forces some more strategic plays.

Pretty much. 2 zones far enough apart means that you can't just toss a special at the zone to instantly cap it. It encourages more defensive and smarter plays.

Dizz posted:

Well the game is capable of handling 3 Splat Zones. Seems like they planned on doing that at some point. But they probably never implemented it because yeah, that's probably going too far into stalemate encouragement.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

It's war! :black101:

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Yo if there are any spare squid goons wanting to team up, we're down a person or two on the discord chat.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I will join soon, I'm just playing street fighter 2 right now.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Don't equip Object Shredder to burst the tentacles more easily. It doesn't work on them.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

How’s popularity seem so far? Anyone get mirror matches already?

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!

SeANMcBAY posted:

How’s popularity seem so far? Anyone get mirror matches already?
First one out of the gate was mirrored (Team Octo).

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

I've done maybe 6 or 7, on Octo team and no mirrors yet. I actually like this shifty station a bunch, no moving platforms.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

More like lovely Station

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

So far 0-6 mirror matches for me on team octo but I was predicting we had close to 70% popularity, so I guess I was waaaay off on that.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

People really really don't use their right path enough. I saw a lot of mindless down the middle. The reality is you can do a 3 way crossfire on the pillar but people have to stop rushing first.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

The undercover brella is very, very stupid, and newer players just don't know how to deal with it.

They stare at it like a deer caught in the headlights.

This will be a very quick run up to max rank.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
this is probably my favorite shifty station

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm kinda surprised this can happen but, I played 12 games and reached champion, and I never saw the shifty station, not once...

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Once Splatfests end for Splatoon 2, I hope they start putting the various shifty stations into rotation. I love most of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

absolutely anything posted:

this is probably my favorite shifty station

I think this is the only station I've actually liked...

Just dont try to pop the tentacle with an undercover brella.