Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Boris Galerkin posted:

Because actions have consequences and we recognize that actors are people and not just their characters.

Edit: if she said the n word in a private setting that was made public should she just be let off the hook since it’s not directly related to her work? Yes or no.

did she say a racist word or is she dating a youtuber? are those even remotely similar things or are you being an overreacting weirdo?? Really look inward here dude. "Actions have consequences"? Does celebrity you will never meet or interact with ever really deserve consequences for who she decides to date? that is creepy as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
She’s dating a racist YouTuber and anyone who’s dating a racist or is fine with or understanding of racists is at worse a racist themselves or at best an enabler of racism. Both of which aren’t cool and if you’re enabling racism then yeah you deserve all the bad publicity and consequences because that poo poo has no place in this world.

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Jul 14, 2018

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm out, enjoy the rage boners.

Wake me at the next season.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
So this guy did the suicide forest video, which I admit was super lovely and tasteless and he probably shouldn't be a popular Youtuber anymore. I'm not sure that I'm willing to support tanking a charity because someone is dating a guy who did a lovely thing that one time.

Like if we're gonna make the world a better place one trashed charity over a poor dating decision at a time, we have a long way to go.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
His haircut is stupid and his parents named him after Wolverine.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Agents of Supermarket Tabloid

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Like drat! I mean yeah, gently caress Logan Paul, and and Chloe Bennett could do waaay better, but I'm not about to trash a charity because I don't like who she is dating. That's kinda messed up. The only consequences that Chloe should face from dating Logan Paul is..well...to date Logan Paul is kinda bad consequence enough.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Not being a part of the community affected by it I don't feel comfortable posing a strong opinion on the boycott of the charity. It does seem a bit extreme, but I can also understand not wanting to be represented by someone whose actions seem to contradict what they are working for. It's a complicated situation.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

bring back old gbs posted:

:stare: this thread got very shameful very quick. how could you possibly give a poo poo who a complete stranger dates? she plays a character on a tv show you like, that is the extent of your relationship.

you will never know these people or meet them in real life. expend effort elsewhere.

EDIT: do you think Quake will also be dating Logan Paul or something? is that why? because you think tv works like that?

:shrug: I think it’s possible to think “wow that’s really lovely” and move on without getting super invested

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I have no personal interest in this girl. Its that I don't think anyone should be dating this guy.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
It sucks, because I greatly admired her advocacy for more Asian representation in media, and it's really cool to see her portray a superhero that I can identify with. I'm not going to start hating her or anything like that, but this is just baffling to me.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

who gives a gently caress

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

GobiasIndustries posted:

:shrug: I think it’s possible to think “wow that’s really lovely” and move on without getting super invested

It must be your first day on the internet.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a twitter campaign to organize. If Chloe gets at least 100 tweets a second calling her a oval office and a slut for dating this guy we don't approve of, then finally we can win this victory for feminism.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
WHAT IF WHEN THEY UNDO THE SNAP IT BRINGS WARD BACK TO LIFE

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Rhyno posted:

WHAT IF WHEN THEY UNDO THE SNAP IT BRINGS WARD BACK TO LIFE

This but good Ward from the Matrix

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

hiddenriverninja posted:

This but good Ward from the Matrix

Both. They have a fight, and we never know for sure if Good Ward won or not...

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

counterfeitsaint posted:

It must be your first day on the internet.

more like I've been on the internet for far too long and sometimes feel the need to remind people that saying "welp that sucks" and moving on with your life is a viable option.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
We all know that, but the store ain't coming back for a long time so here we are. It's something to talk about.

How much hair do you think they'll give Phil in Captain Marvel?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aleph Null posted:

We all know that, but the store ain't coming back for a long time so here we are. It's something to talk about.

How much hair do you think they'll give Phil in Captain Marvel?

I hope it's a super obvious toupee. Like he was already balding back then and he wore an array of terrible wigs to hide it.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I hope they don't reveal what Phil and Nick will look like until Cap Marvel comes out. That will be the biggest thing any trailer could spoil that I wouldn't want them to.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Which of course means they will in the very first teaser.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Also if they have a season 7 I hope there's a call back to "I have level 6 clearance :smug:" "welcome to level 7 :frogc00l:"

jumba
Sep 6, 2004

Hang in there!
Fun Shoe

ApeHawk posted:

I hope they don't reveal what Phil and Nick will look like until Cap Marvel comes out. That will be the biggest thing any trailer could spoil that I wouldn't want them to.

I hope Phil has great big Beverly Hills 90210 sideburns.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I hope he looks the exact same as he does on agents of shield and don’t address how that’s weird at all.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

jumba posted:

I hope Phil has great big Beverly Hills 90210 sideburns.

I'm hoping for from 90s boy band hair, like the kid in Treasure Planet has.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

twistedmentat posted:

I'm hoping for from 90s boy band hair, like the kid in Treasure Planet has.

Flock of Seagulls hair

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
When does this take place in Coulson's career? Because if this is also his origin story as a SHIELD agent, he could have some bitchin' metal hair until they make him cut it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

When does this take place in Coulson's career? Because if this is also his origin story as a SHIELD agent, he could have some bitchin' metal hair until they make him cut it.

They haven't really made it clear how long Phil's been with the Agency.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

They haven't really made it clear how long Phil's been with the Agency.

they recruited him out of college didn't they? He was studying history and finding out (or getting close to) a bunch of SHIELD secrets, I thought.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I want a mohawk. He’s punk, not metal.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GobiasIndustries posted:

they recruited him out of college didn't they? He was studying history and finding out (or getting close to) a bunch of SHIELD secrets, I thought.

Yeah but do we actually know how old he is?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Yeah but do we actually know how old he is?

I'm sure someone counted his stump rings

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Proteus Jones posted:

I want a mohawk. He’s punk, not metal.

May is punk, we've seen this.

It's why Metalhead Coulson gets along with her so well.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I'd swear he mentions or quotes a Bad Religion song at one point early in the series.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Who hasn't? Bad Religion is great!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Crossposting from the Funny Pictures thread, I present Daisy's Dad Best Dad, Exhibit 1:

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
In actual show-related news, I guess this answers the question about Deke.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

gently caress YES

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

This is excellent but not the Ward I want to return.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Cool, I liked Deke, especially after he went back in time.

and Clark Gregg is coming back...to direct the season premiere
https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1020707424058118144