Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
black potus
Jul 13, 2006

The Shortest Path posted:

Okay I've finalized a deck. Are we posting lists before the thing starts or going in blind?

Blind!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

What medium are we playing on? I may be down for this.

Rabbi
Nov 20, 2002

Mikujin posted:

What medium are we playing on? I may be down for this.
XMage

IRC is a good way to test/organize matches: irc.synirc.net #mtgoon

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

Put me down to get my rear end kicked by old magic cards.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Actually, gonna set up a discord: https://discord.gg/Bfffzwh

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Rabbi posted:

XMage

IRC is a good way to test/organize matches: irc.synirc.net #mtgoon

I assumed XMage but wanted to make sure before I committed to anything. Also haven't your heard? IRC is dead.

That said I'll have to hold off. I didn't notice the start date is this Sunday and unfortunately I'll still be away on work-related travel. Next time!

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Challonge link for the tournament, please sign up if you wanna play: https://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/DW3ULJBdUS

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Is this viable for euro timezones? I'm terrible at magic and will likely end up playing squirrels...

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
PSA: make sure you boot up and update XMage as much as you need to. Last time we had a lot of instances - myself included - where we had to wait 30 minutes or so before we could actually play.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

ilmucche posted:

Is this viable for euro timezones? I'm terrible at magic and will likely end up playing squirrels...

Last time we had a thunderdome basically people were paired up and had a week to find a time for a match. With an entire week you should be able to arrange something

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
YOOO please sign up on the challonge so I don't have to bookkeep by hand because I am bad at it, there are 6 people on there of 16 posters in the thread and 11 people in the discord !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Round 1 pairings:

black potus vs TheLawinator
TheShortestPath vs Jobert
Madtrixer vs InterrupterJones
Elyv vs Hellsau

FIGHT by next sunday or when all the games are in.

Jobert
May 21, 2007
Come On!
College Slice

black potus posted:

Round 1 pairings:

TheShortestPath vs Jobert

2-1 for Jobert - Sideboard saved me in games 2 and 3 after getting locked out in Game 1. I won't spoil any of TheShortestPath's spicy tech, but I definitely had to read some of those cards!

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
You should be able to submit results in challonge, if not I can add them.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
Once the servers started cooperating, Madtrixr bested me 2-0. Pro tip: apparently you can Red Elemental Blast an opponent's Illusions of Grandeur before the lifegain to have them straight up lose 20 instead, which is great if they have no FoW ready.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Defeated Hellsau 2-1, which looks like it was the last match of the round.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Rd 2 pairings:
SoftNum v TheShortestPath
black potus (hey that's me) vs InterruptorJones
Elyv vs Jobert
Madtrixr vs TheLawinator

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Defeated Jobert 2-0, successfully thwarting the mulligan to 3.

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

InterrupterJones posted:

Once the servers started cooperating, Madtrixr bested me 2-0. Pro tip: apparently you can Red Elemental Blast an opponent's Illusions of Grandeur before the lifegain to have them straight up lose 20 instead, which is great if they have no FoW ready.

Yeah I thought I hosed up but turns out Illusions lifegain is a trigger that can be responded to with it on the field so I figured what the hell why not and yeah it worked out.

The more you know I guess.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Defeated TheLawinator 2-0

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
IT'S TIME

FOR THE FINAL ROUND

Elyv vs Me
Softnum vs InterruptorJones
Madtrixr vs Hellsau
TheLawinator vs Jobert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Elyv won the whole thing, and won something from Black Potus, but also won a Masters Edition pack on MTGO from me. They don't play MTGO though, so I opened it.

This is actually insanely above average for a MED pack, both draftwise and valuewise.

• Locked thread