Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

The Door Frame posted:

In as much as cultured urine contains less than 100,000 active bacterial colonies. So yeah, completely sterile

It's more sterile than literally any other fluid that comes out of a human.

Content:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Content:

I can see why Trump keeps Tiffany out of the spotlight.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

DicktheCat posted:

Is it gone?? Do they not do stuff anymore?

Yeah, they shut down about two years ago. It was the perfect conclusion to the magazine, which was also awful.

oldpainless posted:

It’s also stored in the balls

Love is stored in the balls

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

cash crab posted:

Love is stored in the balls
So pee is love?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

500 good dogs posted:

what a wonderful phrase

But you'll sure as hell have worries for the rest of your days.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Peeny Cheez posted:

So pee is love?

Only if your net worth is over a billion dollars and you enjoy the tangy, slightly rancid flavor of a Russian tyrant's pale, flaccid cock.

Screaming Idiot has a new favorite as of 09:34 on Jul 21, 2018

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Zipperelli. posted:

Urine is sterile my dude.

This is loving wrong

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Heath posted:

This is loving wrong

Well I’ve never seen it reproduce

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Heath posted:

This is loving wrong

Then I don't wanna gently caress right

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

fruit on the bottom posted:

Well I’ve never seen it reproduce

The Bloop posted:

Then I don't wanna gently caress right

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

The Door Frame posted:

In as much as cultured urine contains less than 100,000 active bacterial colonies. So yeah, completely sterile

Ok, let me walk that back. Every one of us has some type of bacteria in us, but urine doesn't have any inherently "bad" bacteria unless someone is suffering from a UTI or some other type of infection. as far as I know without googling

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Zipperelli. posted:

Ok, let me walk that back. Every one of us has some type of bacteria in us, but urine doesn't have any inherently "bad" bacteria unless someone is suffering from a UTI or some other type of infection. as far as I know without googling

I don't know what you mean by a bad bacteria here. :confused:

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Zipperelli. posted:

Most completely healthy people have MRSA, VRE, or some other horrible, drug resistant bacteria living on/in them, usually from hospital visits or grocery stores. Microorganisms don't want to kill you for the same reason that you don't want to use your house as a bonfire to stay warm

That's as far as I want to continue this derail, unless we want to start getting to medical grossness :rms:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

The Door Frame posted:

That's as far as I want to continue this derail, unless we want to start getting to medical grossness :rms:

I would be delighted if we went in that direction.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Medical grossness is my jam. I have a shitton of pics on my phone that I unfortunately cant share without heavy editing, but I can share these.

Don't grab live wires like this clown. This is the successful amputation (in-hospital) of the arm that grabbed a power line.

https://i.imgur.com/1RsIWXF.jpg

Table saw vs hand
https://i.imgur.com/yDlOVJW.jpg

Ever heard the term "degloving?"
https://i.imgur.com/qHG2fe3.jpg

Meat grinder vs arm
https://i.imgur.com/OKFjinl.jpg

Somebody has a new favorite as of 02:29 on Jul 22, 2018

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
how about we just link to pictures or else this will turn into a boring-rear end gore thread

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Screaming Idiot posted:

how about we just link to pictures or else this will turn into a boring-rear end gore thread

Or how about that would cover the "gross" would it not? Keep scrolling if you don't want to see gross things, here in the AUG thread.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Those no poo poo made me kind of hungry.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Zipperelli. posted:

Medical grossness is my jam. I have a shitton of pics on my phone that I unfortunately cant share without heavy editing, but I can share these.

:randno:

At least TIMG them if you want to be edgy and not have :nms: warning beforehand links to the pictures

I meant work stories and maybe the occasional awkward Xray or "Facebook safe" picture. Those pictures are gross, but are too far into the gore category man

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Zipperelli. posted:

Or how about that would cover the "gross" would it not? Keep scrolling if you don't want to see gross things, here in the AUG thread.

You definitely know what this thread is about, so carry on.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Zipperelli. posted:

You loving missed the point of the thread, you rear end in a top hat

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Yeah, that's a good baseline for "sterile", for example potable water is defined as anything "more sterile than a fluid that comes out of a human"

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Something is either sterile or it isn't, there aren't degrees of sterility.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Zipperelli. posted:

We've been through this before and "gross" means things like hoarder houses and flies on butts.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

It can also mean your income before things like taxes and insurance are deducted

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Heath posted:

Something is either sterile or it isn't, there aren't degrees of sterility.

This is pedantic.

There are definitely degrees of dangerously dirty, unless you'd have no preference between sipping from a mountain stream or a filthy toilet

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

The Bloop posted:

This is pedantic.

There are definitely degrees of dangerously dirty, unless you'd have no preference between sipping from a mountain stream or a filthy toilet

No, sterility has a very specific meaning. Sterility means utterly free from living organisms. I worked in a hospital sterile processing department for years and sterile means sterile. Any exposure to a nonsterile surface instantly renders something unsterile because if it has even a single living bacterium on it, it is by definition not sterile.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Maybe put gore behind a link. People should be able to have the option for something like that.

Carl Killer Miller
Apr 28, 2007

This is the way that it all falls.
This is how I feel,
This is what I need:

Nurge posted:

Those no poo poo made me kind of hungry.

I always got hungry right after anatomy lab in school. It didn't help that all of that muscle looks an awful lot like beef jerky.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

If I was the guy who lost his arm to the electrical wire I’d have it cleaned up and hung on the wall, permanently giving a peace sign.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

The other thing is that while urine might be "mostly" sterile in healthy individuals, whatever that means, it very quickly will grow bacteria once it leaves the body and opportunistic bacteria take advantage. Also if some dude pisses on you, you don't just shrug and say "it's fine, it's mostly sterile," because you have no way of knowing if he's healthy or if he's got trace amounts of blood in his urine or whatever. Urine is a biohazard.

I'm curious that the picture that really bothered me there was the hand vs. saw.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Kyron
Aug 6, 2013

Looking at those photos made me hyper aware of my arms and how easy it would be to gently caress them up.

Never touching anything again thanks for PSA

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Wow that sure was a post there. I didn't come to this thread to see amputated limbs and degloving, but it's interesting I guess. Other people might not be so desensitised, so it might be kind to link gore. I don't think this thread has ever been about gore and I'm surprised that the mod response so far has been so "meh".

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I am the goon posting gore with one hand.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

cash crab posted:

Maybe put gore behind a link. People should be able to have the option for something like that.

"maybe" :crossarms:

No hurry to edit that post down, hey?

e: can we report posts from this thread now that you're a real mod, cash crab?

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I worked in a vet hospital and seen all kind of gross animal stuff, but human stuff still wigs me out. There shouldn't be a difference in amputated limbs, but maybe it's that I got to see the happy three legged pup playing around afterwords.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

cash crab posted:

Agreed. Although I have to say that with the first picture I thought the arm was still attached and the owner was giving the peace sign, then ended up impressed at how well the amputation was done with what little I understand about the various arteries and the ball at the end of the bone.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Heath posted:

No, sterility has a very specific meaning.

Right, you're using industry jargon, which is always inherently pedantic outside its industry.

You're not wrong, obviously, but it's not how most people use that word because nothing outside an autoclave is ever technically sterile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

eating only apples posted:

"maybe" :crossarms:

No hurry to edit that post down, hey?

e: can we report posts from this thread now that you're a real mod, cash crab?

Not sure if this remark is directed at me, but no, I was not in a hurry since I was at work and don't have access to a computer.

And yes, you can now file reports about this thread, but I will point out (because there already were a few) that if you guys make reports, you have to put a reason, and you can't just report posts you don't understand or like, because in the like... two hours since you all collectively decided to start filing reports there have already been bullshit reports about nothing.