Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Dan Didio posted:

Cowboy almost assuredly on an equally racist power level as Perry.

there is no way perry is racist.

this fight is incredible anyway. It's the platonic ideal of every redneck brawl at a bonfire in the holler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
perry is black

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

CarlCX posted:

To be entirely fair Jorge Gurgel also lost a bit of faith in his high-level MMA grappling after he fought Imanari and got his knee ripped the gently caress apart in like thirty seconds while screaming in agony.

it's almost a crime not to post the video when this comes up because it's one of the most brutal things i've ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyhCOBbkF7E

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I don't think Perry is racist, just unbelievably stupid

There's a video of Rampage prank calling Cerrone at like 1am and Cowboy immediately answers with a chipper "what up n-gga", I'm guessing the guys he trains with gave him a pass

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Perry is for sure not a racist. He's ingrained in the culture. Cowboy is well, arguably the epitome of redneck and much more likely to be racist.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
I like how people on this forum put *** in bad words. This way their moms won't ground them.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard

Fozzy The Bear posted:

I like how people on this forum put *** in bad words. This way their moms won't ground them.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
fear of probation

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

fu*k

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

it's almost a crime not to post the video when this comes up because it's one of the most brutal things i've ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyhCOBbkF7E

RIP JOJI GAGARUUUUU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Fozzy The Bear posted:

r*t*rd

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Meltzer ratings everywhere

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Untrustable posted:

Hardware store parking lot would be more appropriate.

Having seen a fight card in a bar parking lot where the drinks were dyed with glow in the dark crap and served in test tubes...it would very much be an appropriate place for Cowboy vs Platinum.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

The f-word of a mod isn't going to act so r-word to probate people here just for typing the n-word, will he?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Fozzy The Bear posted:

I don't like writing out the n-word, but you do you.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Fozzy The Bear posted:

The f-word of a mod isn't going to act so r-word to probate people here just for typing the n-word, will he?

I would complain that every single time you show back up all you do is bitch about the mod, but it has made you post noticably less so I am glad you hate Jerusalem for whatever reason

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Fozzy The Bear posted:

yes, how weird that people do this in a forum where you're not allowed to say ret*rd

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i think it's good to know the difference between a swear word and a slur and to adjust your posting accordingly so our mod doesn't have to do anything.

it's a cruel world that we've lost so many good community members to the wind but fozzy is still here.

i often wonder if atom is really gone or if he came back as a re-reg and is actually just a normal dude. we know it's possible because mobn did it and that was one of the most impressive things i've ever seen.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Fozzy The Bear posted:

You're super white if I recall correctly. Maybe you could get by without using that word.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Marching Powder posted:

i think it's good to know the difference between a swear word and a slur and to adjust your posting accordingly so our mod doesn't have to do anything.

it's a cruel world that we've lost so many good community members to the wind but fozzy is still here.

i often wonder if atom is really gone or if he came back as a re-reg and is actually just a normal dude. we know it's possible because mobn did it and that was one of the most impressive things i've ever seen.

mobn did not come back as normal or a dude.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Neurosis posted:

lol ya

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Neurosis posted:

bad choice of pronoun on my part for sure, but when i say 'normal' i mean an unoffensive contributor that i never had a problem with and who i never in a million years suspected of being mobn

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
if you made fun of him at all he would accuse you of stalkign him online

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Skip My Posts posted:

if you made fun of him at all he would accuse you of stalkign him online

is this before or after she was exposed as the mobn rereg? i honestly don't remember her saying or doing any weird poo poo in the mma threads

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Marching Powder posted:

is this before or after he was exposed as the mobn rereg? i honestly don't remember her saying or doing any weird poo poo in the mma threads

yeah youre right probably after lol. i wish him all the best

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

same.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Marching Powder posted:

atom came out of the woodwork during the conor bus attack so I think he still posts, just not here

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I think he still posts, just not here

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mean Bean Machine posted:

yes, how weird that people do this in a forum where you're not allowed to say ret*rd

If I ever accidentally use the r-word, it's because I was speaking French and was talking about someone being delayed.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I know the rankings are a bit (a large (almost entirely) bit) of a joke, but Anthony Smith isn't even ranked in the Light Heavyweight Top 15 and he's getting the main event tomorrow against Shogun?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Sorry, not everyone wants to drop a homophobic slur like you do my man.

Jerusalem posted:

I know the rankings are a bit (a large (almost entirely) bit) of a joke, but Anthony Smith isn't even ranked in the Light Heavyweight Top 15 and he's getting the main event tomorrow against Shogun?

He was replacing Volkan who was partially having issues with traveling due to his courtcase being really close to the fight, and also got rebooked to fight Gustafson before pulling out with an injury.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jul 22, 2018

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

smith is the heavy betting favourite.

i'll actually be putting money on shogun but it's not like it's a massive mismatch and they needed a late replacement...

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Anthony Smith is a journeyman that always has high action fights, he's a good replacement. Shogun has managed a three fight winning streak but he's starting to reach the point where he's actually old instead of just Brazilian years old so if he loses I hope it's a one hit KO instead of a sad bloody prolonged beatdown.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
He's going to win, my friend. Shogun is going to be the UFC champion again.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It is still weird to me that Shogun is only 36, I always kinda figured he was early-mid 40s.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Jerusalem posted:

It is still weird to me that Shogun is only 36, I always kinda figured he was early-mid 40s.

He was really young back in the Pride days where he made his name. Having a 23 year old win the Pride Middleweight GP which had huge names in it and with every fight being extremely entertaining was incredible. His brutalisation of Rampage remains my go-to reference when I think of an utterly dominant and violent performance. Cue Bundt to jump in and remind everyone it was very arguable Little Nog should have won the decision.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

shogun / hendo 1 is one of the best fights i've ever seen in my life. if they both retired right there i'd have been so happy. at least we never got to see what steroid jon would have done to dan henderson if that fight had gone ahead.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Biggest Meltdowner posted:

You're super white if I recall correctly. Maybe you could get by without using that word.

I didn't use any bad word.

And no, I'm not white.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Marching Powder posted:

shogun / hendo 1 is one of the best fights i've ever seen in my life. if they both retired right there i'd have been so happy. at least we never got to see what steroid jon would have done to dan henderson if that fight had gone ahead.

Shogun/hendo 1 is the perfect MMA fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

henkman posted:

Shogun/hendo 1 is the perfect MMA fight

it was one of those rare fights that i just knew, as i was watching it, that i was witnessing something that will never be forgotten as long as the human race exists and as long as the human race likes fighting.

i am partial to lawler / rory 2 myself but when you get to this calibre of contest you are just talking about varying degrees of absolute perfection.

• Locked thread