Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rocksicles posted:

loving idiots... She's orange.

The excuse I've seen is that they were mad that it was a lovely costume and wig. Also they were mad that the character was wearing some kind of fur coat in what was clearly some sort of disguise/not the standard outfit Starfire would be always wearing. Like none of these people have even watched an episode of Legends of Tomorrow. Kitschy "disguises" and terrible wigs are a feature of the Arrowverse, not a bug. Morons :manning:

Quoting KM from the previous page for posterity:

Koalas March posted:

Yeah that dollar store lace front and raggedy fur coat are my only Starfire complaints tbh.

Anna Diop is really pretty and these fan manips/art look better than what they did to her 🙈🙈🙈

(Anna as is, being lovely for reference)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Swanky cgi hair is a nightmare... hardly anyone has ever got it right. So long as she hot and can act, i'm good.

She's stunning.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nine-gear crow posted:

terrible wigs

How dare you.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rhyno posted:

How dare you.

:colbert:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
How dare you.

John Noble is a method actor. That was absolutely his own hair.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Rocksicles posted:

Swanky cgi hair is a nightmare... hardly anyone has ever got it right. So long as she hot and can act, i'm good.

She's stunning.

Inhumans was smart enough to not even try past the first episode

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

ShakeZula posted:

Inhumans was smart enough to not even try past the first episode

"Starfire! You're bald now! And your alien powers don't work because sun wibblewobbles!"

"Beastboy! That Werehuman who bit you made you permanently human! Thank goodness your skin can still look painted-on!"

"Cyborg! Prosthetics have come a long way and now you can hide all your cybernetics from the human eye! Also your cybernetics got EMPed and don't work anymore..."

"Raven!... just sulk over there..."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Again, I like Legends explanations for budget scrimping better:

“Why doesn’t Ray use the ATOM suit every episode?” / “He’s an idiot.”

“Why doesn’t Nate steel up literally every time he has to fight anything?” / “He’s an idiot.”

“Why doesn’t Firestorm just transmute everything that’s a problem?” / “Jax and Stein are idiots.”

“Why does Mick burn everything?” / “Fire’s dirt cheap.”

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Hey now, Jax and Stein aren't idiots. They just conveniently get sent off to do separate tasks every episode.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

The excuse I've seen is that they were mad that it was a lovely costume and wig. Also they were mad that the character was wearing some kind of fur coat in what was clearly some sort of disguise/not the standard outfit Starfire would be always wearing. Like none of these people have even watched an episode of Legends of Tomorrow. Kitschy "disguises" and terrible wigs are a feature of the Arrowverse, not a bug. Morons :manning:

Quoting KM from the previous page for posterity:

racists using the criticisms of poc to make it seem like the reason they're upset isn't actually racism is a really old trope

A lot of lovely hair/wardrobe depts like to throw cheap lace fronts on black actresses because they don't know how to style black hair and I loving hate it. It's lazy and it doesn't fill me with confidence.

If the raggedy coat is some sort of Party Monster style Everyone thinks it's ugly but she loves it because she doesn't know better joke, that would be awesome and actually funny, but I'm not filled with confidence because of issue #1 and there are some other issues that make me worried for misogynoir reasons that I would willing to expand on later today in that thread but 🤷🏾‍♀️

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Koalas March posted:

racists using the criticisms of poc to make it seem like the reason they're upset isn't actually racism is a really old trope

A lot of lovely hair/wardrobe depts like to throw cheap lace fronts on black actresses because they don't know how to style black hair and I loving hate it. It's lazy and it doesn't fill me with confidence.

If the raggedy coat is some sort of Party Monster style Everyone thinks it's ugly but she loves it because she doesn't know better joke, that would be awesome and actually funny, but I'm not filled with confidence because of issue #1 and there are some other issues that make me worried for misogynoir reasons that I would willing to expand on later today in that thread but 🤷🏾‍♀️

She looks like she's undercover. People are hosed.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Koalas March posted:

Or she doesn't want to color and destroy her hair.

I mean that doesn't excuse a bad wig, but that's a bad color to dye.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aphrodite posted:

Or she doesn't want to color and destroy her hair.

I mean that doesn't excuse a bad wig, but that's a bad color to dye.

Speak of the devil, Titans trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5dIwGAYcWk

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

oh god, that hurt so much.

"gently caress BATMAN"

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Did that get removed? Or is it geoblocked for some godawful reason?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

irlZaphod posted:

Did that get removed? Or is it geoblocked for some godawful reason?

It's certainly age blocked, so maybe you can't see it if you're not logged in?

Try this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PPofXaJ4go

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
There are a few other channels showing it now.

I'm sold, but i always was going to be. Dick Grayson is my favourite.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Season 7 trailer
https://twitter.com/CW_Arrow/status/1020813170577985538

My favorite part is how apparently evil Laurel now has a position of power in Star City because???

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I am the sucker because I am in after that trailer.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I mean, she does look like the former ADA.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hey, Bronze Tiger (Michael Jai White) is back.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Happy to see Michael Jai White back. Still sad he didn't get to be Spawn in the new remake they are doing.

Also, I'm its 100% that Roy is the GA there right?

And it looks like Felicity came out of something cloaked/stealthed

Edit: And Cody Rhodes is back! YES!!!

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jul 22, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Everyone crapped on it but I'm totally down for Oliver doing a run in prison fighting off a bunch of one episode villains from the last 6 years.

Aphrodite posted:

I mean, she does look like the former ADA.

Yeah, as far as most people know she's the former ADA who was allegedly killed as a vigilante so she's kind of the perfect person for a bunch of politicians to make the face of the anti-vigilante law and order campaign.

I think. I can't remember how Evil Laurel's story resolved last season.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
As long as Oliver spends a decent amount of time in prison I’m very hyped. None of that Flash gone for one episode BS

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Diaz is back, and this time he wants to totally destroy Oliver.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

nooneofconsequence posted:

Diaz is back, and this time he wants to destroy Oliver.

Haven't we been down this road before??

Also did someone get their skill thrown through a cement wall in one of those prison fight scenes?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Do they want to keep people from watching the Series?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

STAC Goat posted:

Everyone crapped on it but I'm totally down for Oliver doing a run in prison fighting off a bunch of one episode villains from the last 6 years.

Yeah, as far as most people know she's the former ADA who was allegedly killed as a vigilante so she's kind of the perfect person for a bunch of politicians to make the face of the anti-vigilante law and order campaign.

Quentin died so now she's good? less evil? Who knows.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

As they say in Canada "You loving bastard"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

I think it was pretty vague. Like she teamed up with Ollie/the Feds to take down God Diaz because for some reason she feared him, and she gave Sara a hug when Lance was going into surgery but she never fully turned face and she was triple crossing everyone all season like loving Revolver Ocelot so who knows.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Wait, I thought Diaz being back was a joke, but he's really back?

gently caress this show. Arrow is as bad as Walking Dead.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Did you not see the finale? He makes it out alive.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

TwoPair posted:

I think it was pretty vague. Like she teamed up with Ollie/the Feds to take down God Diaz because for some reason she feared him, and she gave Sara a hug when Lance was going into surgery but she never fully turned face and she was triple crossing everyone all season like loving Revolver Ocelot so who knows.

Yeah, but I mean legally/publicly she's still former ADA and Black Canary, daughter of the former chief of police, ex girlfriend of convicted Green Arrow Oliver Queen Laurel Lance, right? So it makes sense that she'd be a target for the politics of anti-vigilante laws.

I mean it's a city that elects Oliver Queen mayor and changes the city name because Ray Palmer bought their main company. So Evil Laurel's probably attorney general now.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

twistedmentat posted:

Wait, I thought Diaz being back was a joke, but he's really back?

gently caress this show. Arrow is as bad as Walking Dead.

Let’s not say things we can’t take back.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

As speculated earlier in the thread, I really doubt Diaz makes it too far into the season. He's perfectly primed to be the guy that the new Big Bad kills to make an entrance.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Never in the history of TV has Kirk Avacado been bad character, until Arrow. It's not even his fault.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's not even that he's now a bad actor because he was just recently on the final season of 12 Monkeys and was great on that.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I still contend Diaz can be fine now that he's had all the "tell but don't show" evil criminal mastermind stuff stripped away and is just a psychopath with a grudge. Acevedo can absolutely make that work and has plenty of times.

But obviously a lot of people hate the show too much at this stage to give that a second chance.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

GobiasIndustries posted:

Let’s not say things we can’t take back.

I seriously mean it. Another villain that is magically competent and powerful beyond the reality of the show played by an actor who is too good for the garbage show.

STAC Goat posted:

I still contend Diaz can be fine now that he's had all the "tell but don't show" evil criminal mastermind stuff stripped away and is just a psychopath with a grudge. Acevedo can absolutely make that work and has plenty of times.

But obviously a lot of people hate the show too much at this stage to give that a second chance.

Arrows writers have not given me anything to show they've improved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I wasn't saying you can't hate or doubt the show. That's your prerogative.

After six seasons people are gonna have their well earned opinions of a show.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jul 23, 2018