Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

LadyPictureShow posted:

Was Man in The High Castle a book originally? Sometimes (at least IMO) shows take longer for a season to come out once they out outpace the source material, they stumble a little coming up with ‘new’ content.

The book came out in 1962.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

LadyPictureShow posted:

Like Walking Dead,that poo poo’s spent the last few seasons with idiots puttering around and taking forever to do a thing because they’re rapidly approaching the end of the source material they can crib off of (well, that and their showrunner blows).

How up on the comics are you because other than key characters and vague situations the comics and shows are quite different. Andrew Lincoln is leaving the show but Rick's still going strong in the comics which are several years beyond the "current" time of the show.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Rocksicles posted:

The book came out in 1962.

Yeah, and they ran out of book material about three episodes into the first season.

The third season's been in the can and done since January. Amazon, either due to some Al Gore Rhythm or just sheer incompetence, believe that the show will get the most buzz by being releasing it when they think they should. It's the same with Patriot, which has been done for ages, and Jack Ryan, and plenty of other shows on other streaming channels.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

precision posted:

Colony has gone from pretty good to fuckin' great this season, especially with Wayne Brady joining the cast and Peter Jacobson continuing to be "Ben Linus 2.0". Check it out if you haven't.

EL BROMANCE posted:

I see the thread has jumped up by way more posts than normal since the newest episode, so I can’t wait to catch up over the weekend. It’s been a better season than last year by a good chunk for me.

And now it's been canceled.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

less laughter posted:

Netflix is about to get a surge of tweets.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Netflix picking up Colony seems like a real possibility, considering they already have the rights to the first two seasons. I just don't think there are enough fans to make them think they should do it :(

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

less laughter posted:

Goddamnit.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://kotaku.com/we-tried-to-uncover-the-long-lost-american-sailor-moon-1827695456

Here's an interesting story about a writer for Kotaku trying to track down a copy of the long lost American Sailor Moon pilot. It was only ever shown in public once and was a bizarre mix of live action and cartoons.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Open Source Idiom posted:

Yeah, and they ran out of book material about three episodes into the first season.

I mean, there was book stuff throughout the first season, but yeah, S1 was about 75 percent original content. The book wasn’t a GOT style doorstopper, it was around 150-180 pages.

Really good book though. Amazon studios needs to do a Ubik movie. That would rule.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I want to see a period piece VALIS.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

I want to see PKD show up on Legends of Tomorrow for a full season arc.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Watched the first two episodes of Trial & Error s2. It’s still not that funny.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Oh, I had no idea MITHC came out so long ago and the show had already gone waaaaaaay past the source material. I was just guessing.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Radio Free Albemuth was an astonishingly weird failure. I have no idea what they were thinking with the Alanis Morrissette stuff. Still, I did enjoy it, barely. But that might be just me wanting to enjoy it since PKD's family needed the money and they said it was good :smith:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

That might melt something in my brain.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The part near the end of VALIS where Phil all of a sudden starts talking about Horselover Fat again was so sad I thought I was going to cry.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Michael Rosenbaum talking about Alison Mack with Theo Von

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Us0ui6c3Lk

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Weekly PSA to watch Sharp Objects, goddamn this week's is good.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That Theo Von dude is kinda creepy.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I am excited to watch Sharp Objects!

The latest Detroiters was a goddamn delight

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

STAC Goat posted:

That Theo Von dude is kinda creepy.

he's one of the funniest people in the world.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The second episode of the Sacha Baron Cohen show made me lose all hope. Just burn down America.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mu Zeta posted:

The second episode of the Sacha Baron Cohen show made me lose all hope. Just burn down America.

Rest of the world has been piling up the kindling for years... light the fucker up already.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I did not expect Dear White People to turn into Harry Potter.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Escobarbarian posted:

Watched the first two episodes of Trial & Error s2. It’s still not that funny.

On the other hand, it was hilarious.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There are some fantastic bits, especially the parts to do with the history of the town, but too many characters are comedy black holes - especially Sherri Shepherd and the lead - for me to properly watch it.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Alhazred posted:

I did not expect Dear White People to turn into Harry Potter.

The trailer for season 2 didn't do anything for me but now I'm at least curious. Go on?

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

hope and vaseline posted:

Meh, I just want a Shin Godzilla sequel.
I agree but this one has Mothra! gently caress yeah! My favorite as a kid woohoo! Then again Shin Godzilla Mothra would probably be mind blowing and terrifying. I need this in my life but I believe Toho is moving away from Shin Godzilla, no?

Also, I finally binged S02 of Better Call Saul and man oh man I can't wait until S04. I think this is largely better than Breaking Bad.

Croatoan fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jul 23, 2018

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

I have no idea how anything is going to trump those first 10 minutes of episode 2. Like holy poo poo.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'd like to take a moment to say goodbye to Ghosted.

Goodbye, Ghosted. You were a weird mess, you were funny sometimes but not enough, and your cast was too good for your terrible writing and production. You will be remembered only as trivia.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'd like to take a moment to say goodbye to Ghosted.

Goodbye, Ghosted. You were a weird mess, you were funny sometimes but not enough, and your cast was too good for your terrible writing and production. You will be remembered only as trivia.

Yeah, talk about wasted potential.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Please tell me the characters in final space eventually get better because it'd be a shame such a gorgeous show with the perfect space sci-fi esthetic is kinda wasted on the worst main character ever

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’d like to know this too. I watched the first episode and it was gorgeous and interesting but only mildly funny.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

I’d like to know this too. I watched the first episode and it was gorgeous and interesting but only mildly funny.

I'm on episode 4 and the universe is super interesting and the other characters are kinda cliche but serviceable but it's marred by having the main character as written by Tim Buckley

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Gary is a fantastic main character and I'll hear nothing to the contrary. He's so infectiously upbeat no matter the situation. It's the core that makes the show work.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
And then his whole dynamic with Quinn is just UGH STOP

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Escobarbarian posted:

There are some fantastic bits, especially the parts to do with the history of the town, but too many characters are comedy black holes - especially Sherri Shepherd and the lead - for me to properly watch it.

I love Sheri Shepherd

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I love the actress, but not the character she’s playing. The whole face blindness thing in season 1 was really irritating to me and now they’re just adding on more disorders?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Here's the Jason Spencer thing. The most surreal thing I've seen this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k4pMTsa1Kw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

IRQ posted:

The trailer for season 2 didn't do anything for me but now I'm at least curious. Go on?

In the last episode the main characters joins what is essentially the black version of the order of the phoenix in order to fight racism. Also, Tessa Thompson has a really fun guest role.