Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Biafraid
Jan 31, 2008

yeah.
I was just shy of blackout drunk screaming "Dan Henderson! DAN HENDERSON!" at the top of my lungs. To this day it's the happiest I've ever been

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Bigfoot/Hunt 1 was probably my favorite fight. Also I know McGregor is a piece of poo poo but God drat I came up out my chair when he beat Alvarez. That's just an historic fight in my opinion.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

There's a light heavyweight who is not in the top 15? How is that even possible

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Untrustable posted:

Bigfoot/Hunt 1

it's the best heavyweight fight of all time without question. i had the privilege to see it live. it was only a small venue, and a small crowd, but the noise was absolutely incredible and the atmosphere in those 25 minutes rivalled any venue atmosphere in sporting history. i remember hearing it was a draw and i didn't feel any anger or disappointment for an unsatisfying result. judging numbers seemed almost laughably irrelevant. winning or losing didn't really have any meaning in the wake of what those two did to each other. it was so, so sick.

also it is one of the primest examples of how devastatingly awesome and insanely unfair steroids are in the sport of fighting

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Shogun / Hendo 2 is kind of cool in how it plays out in the exact opposite way that the first fight did.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

But the real greatest fight of all time? Why that would have to be a little thing called 'Hendo / Lombard'.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Dan Didio posted:

Shogun / Hendo 2 is kind of cool in how it plays out in the exact opposite way that the first fight did.

ugh the gdt for that was great. just 10 or so minutes of people typing 'please retire dan' in between watching shogun beat the absolute poo poo out of dan until welp

e. lol i just watched it again. that ko is insane. he's got his left hand on shogun's back and sort of swings him into the oncoming BRH which causes shogun to nearly do a backflip. dan gives a few hammerfists to a turtled shogun before stopping and looking at herb who finally agrees that yeah he's dead. after the fight is waved off shogun sits up from the turtle position just as a wizard removed all the bones from his body causing him to fall over again in a way that is both comical and terrifying.

Marching Powder fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jul 22, 2018

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Marching Powder posted:

it's the best heavyweight fight of all time without question. i had the privilege to see it live. it was only a small venue, and a small crowd, but the noise was absolutely incredible and the atmosphere in those 25 minutes rivalled any venue atmosphere in sporting history. i remember hearing it was a draw and i didn't feel any anger or disappointment for an unsatisfying result. judging numbers seemed almost laughably irrelevant. winning or losing didn't really have any meaning in the wake of what those two did to each other. it was so, so sick.

also it is one of the primest examples of how devastatingly awesome and insanely unfair steroids are in the sport of fighting

I'm certain that watching this shaved multiple years off my life. Every time someone got hit in the face I yelled NO like it was going to kill them. Fight ruled.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

I'm certain that watching this shaved multiple years off my life. Every time someone got hit in the face I yelled NO like it was going to kill them. Fight ruled.

I took some non mma watching friends and that fight delivered, the 8am bar and being walking distance away is probably what shaved some years off my life

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

also it had the tenderest moment in fat guy fight history. mark and bigfoot were training partners and friends, and during a clinch against the fence bigfoot kneed mark in the balls. mark just goes 'you hit my balls bro' and bigfoot replied 'sorry, sorry' and then they resumed killing each other. consummate professionals.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Hunt/Bigfoot 1 has some of the highest level Hunto wrestling ever.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

it was one of those rare fights that i just knew, as i was watching it, that i was witnessing something that will never be forgotten as long as the human race exists and as long as the human race likes fighting.

i am partial to lawler / rory 2 myself but when you get to this calibre of contest you are just talking about varying degrees of absolute perfection.

For me it's Edgar/Maynard 2, but, like you say, it's just a different form of perfection

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Dan Didio posted:

Hunt/Bigfoot 1 has some of the highest level Hunto wrestling ever.

prime hunto beats stipe

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

prime hunto beats stipe

prime hunto beasts 26/9

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Edgar/Maynard 3 is some Rocky poo poo'. It owns.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

henkman posted:

Shogun/hendo 1 is the perfect MMA fight

it was a great fight but a better fight happened that same night in bellator of all places, alvarez vs. chandler was just as crazy and a lot less sloppy.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Foul Fowl posted:

alvarez vs. chandler was just as crazy and a lot less sloppy.

drat those guys brought out the best in each other. i wonder if we'll ever see chandler in the ufc. alvarez is having great success here, and i'd watch the gently caress out of a rubber match.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Marching Powder posted:

prime hunto beats stipe

I'm a huge hunt homer and I don't even think that's the case. Stipe is a good enough wrestler that it would look a lot like Brock/Hunt.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Marching Powder posted:

ugh the gdt for that was great. just 10 or so minutes of people typing 'please retire dan' in between watching shogun beat the absolute poo poo out of dan until welp

e. lol i just watched it again. that ko is insane. he's got his left hand on shogun's back and sort of swings him into the oncoming BRH which causes shogun to nearly do a backflip. dan gives a few hammerfists to a turtled shogun before stopping and looking at herb who finally agrees that yeah he's dead. after the fight is waved off shogun sits up from the turtle position just as a wizard removed all the bones from his body causing him to fall over again in a way that is both comical and terrifying.

Shogun died in that fight the same way you die in Skyrim when you fall off a cliff.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

hey theres ufc on

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm a huge hunt homer and I don't even think that's the case. Stipe is a good enough wrestler that it would look a lot like Brock/Hunt.

Stipe doesn't have the power, size and therefore wrestling style as Brock. I'm not sure it would be a different outcome but I think it would very much look different. I don't think Stipe would have the confidence to barrell in the way Brock does so he may be tentative and therefore more likely than Brock to get caught.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

dc just showed "fat dad" is the kryptonite to the ufc's longest reigning hw champ, and pal, ain't no one out fat-dadding mark hunt.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

You don’t need to be Brock Lesnar sized to take down mark hunt. There’s no reason that Stipe wouldn’t do to Hunt what he did to Ngannou.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
https://twitter.com/MMAjunkieJohn/status/1021143502502051840

of course

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

You don’t need to be Brock Lesnar sized to take down mark hunt. There’s no reason that Stipe wouldn’t do to Hunt what he did to Ngannou.

I mean, Stipe and Hunt fought like two years ago and Stipe beat the absolute loving dogshit out of him.

edit: like, seriously, anyone questioning how Hunt would do against Stipe should watch the literal fight they had in extremely recent memory, there is nothing that would go even slightly differently

edit 2: at any point in mark hunt's career, ever

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Give it up Gus you’re never getting a rematch with DC. LHW is so bad Smith could be champ in 9 months.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CarlCX posted:

I mean, Stipe and Hunt fought like two years ago and Stipe beat the absolute loving dogshit out of him.

edit: like, seriously, anyone questioning how Hunt would do against Stipe should watch the literal fight they had in extremely recent memory, there is nothing that would go even slightly differently

:lol: i totally forgot about that.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Yeah but PRIME Hunt, much like sea level cain, Jason, son of Aeson, and Batman would easily defeat Stipe

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

CarlCX posted:

Hmmmm, no.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Fat Dad laying down the law. https://www.instagram.com/p/BljboU4HU3n/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1fd4wtdl1hmbc

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

:drat:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

he should lay down the 2L container of ice cream with raw sausages stuck into it like birthday candles, instead. just kidding

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

"Why don't he want me, man?"

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

he should lay down the 2L container of ice cream with raw sausages stuck into it like birthday candles, instead. just kidding

lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

I see there was an event today. I see that it's been nominated for 'worst event'. Did anything remarkable happen?

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Marching Powder posted:

I see there was an event today. I see that it's been nominated for 'worst event'. Did anything remarkable happen?

shogun was murdered by a journeyman

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

eric posted:

shogun was murdered by a journeyman

Calling it the worst event is justified then

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Marching Powder posted:

It set the UFC record for most consecutive fights to go to a decision before Shogun got killed by a late replacement middleweight in 90 seconds.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
It's a testament to how good Shogun used to be that he's been shedding positive attributes as a fighter since 2006 and he only just lost enough to start losing to journeymen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone have lowlight gifs?

• Locked thread